Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

Don't tease me..where is my Blair underwood on DSM. Still loving this show and also Pushing Daisies..It's so weird to watch tv for 3 straight hours and there are no cute boys running around with balls.

oh he is coming for sure. I guess he is a Bill Gates type...except he is cute.

I really am enjoying this show cos even if its about excess and and how irresponsible people can get when there is no accountability...I love the fact that the darlings are just people that are looking for love and really do care about each other and people. I love quiry flawed but lovable characters.

I feel so out of the loop, LOL. Here I am watching 5 different shows (probably a record for me!) and everyone else is still watching everything that I am not. I don't think I can go higher than five, I might explode. ;)

So I am enjoying House, but hope they get down to the final 3 soon. Although the Survivor spoof was funny. I am really loving Criminal Minds, even with Gideon gone. I love that they are delving into the other characters' lives a bit. I managed to d/l all of season 1 & 2 through torrents this week (my son is worried that I am going to get arrested, LMAO) so in my down time (as if) I can catch up. I'm still hanging in there for Survivor, but if things get busy I'll probably end up skipping it. CSI Las Vegas is a must, can't miss that one, I'm hooked. I hear that there is a petition circulating to try and keep Sarah on the show. If she leaves it will be a shame, I like her character.

The surprise for me is how much I am enjoying Moonlight. I still havne't managed to catch it on regular Friday night TV (never home) but I have d/l the 2 episodes. I really liked the 2nd one more than the 1st. I think I am hooked.

I have d/l the first epi of Pushing Daisies to see what y'all are on about but so far haven't gotten around to watching it.

Oh I like moonlight too.

I am really in trouble cos I am liking too many shows...

sunday...DH, and some Food Network. I think this is when I get to catch up on repeats of Top Chef

Monday...Chuck, Heroes (I am loving this season already), there is something I watch after that but I can't remember now...maybe its FN show.

Tuesday is crazy...Pushing daisy, House, Gossip Girl, Reaper (which I enjoy more than Chuck)

Wednesday...ANTM, Private Practice, DSM, hee last week I tried to watch Bionic woman...but completely forgot about it this week...well I guess I give that one up.

Thursday...Smallville, Supernatural (actively giving up GA), survivor, the office.

Fridays...Moonlight

I seriously need some space for 30rock...I love that show when I can catch it. I am intrigued by Samantha Who...might check that out.

I watched a lot of new shows on premier week but ultimately have only kept Cane, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money. I didn't watch about 6 or 7 other shows again and I dropped a few shows from last seaosn too. I've got to clear my schedule for the NBA...I buy the league pass.

I like Pushing Daisies and see potential for DSM but not Cane even tho I'm a fan of Jimmy Smits. Men in Trees is coming back for the new season on Friday. I got hooked on that show last year because it's sort of a different take on Northern Exposure which was my all time favorite show. Like Northern Exposure it takes time to get used to the characters.

Loved the New Iron Chef show on the food network. I was very disappointed that Traci Des Jardin was booted off. I've been to her restaurant in SF and it's very pricey and very good. John Besh may be the winner of this one because he is often on the food network competing in one thing or another and he seems to be a great chef. It's a fun show for foodies like me!

I think Chuck may have potential but haven't watched enough of it to know if it gets added to my list. I watch Dancing with the Stars on Monday but can't catch the Tuesday night show because I love Bones. I usually channel surf to find out who won.

I really need to invest in that DVR.

I'm now officially hooked on Pushing Up Daisies and DSM.. Got a new magic DVR from my cable company, so now I can clutter it up with shows I like and tend to sleep thru. It will be perfect for Lost because it takes many look sees to really figure out what you just saw! Can't wait! :whistling-1:

I watched Kristin Chenowith on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and she said most of the actors on PUD were from Broadway or had a background on Broadway.

I also like Chuck and Life and 30Rock but haven't watched enough to be hooked or un-hooked. Now that I have the DVR I can add those to the schedule. :POP:

I need to re evaluate Private Practice and Cane but so far not my favorites.

The Next Iron Chef and Iron Chef are already among my favorites

I love that there are so many new shows to watch.

Claygasm, Kathy Reichs, who's books are the model for Bones, is a professor of Anthropology at UNC Charlotte. No wonder we like that show so much. :whistling-1:

Do we have a Dancing With The Stars thread? Is anyone watching?

Last night poor Marie Osmond passed out after her dance. She was excessively winded and seemed to be overly excited. She said she was holding her breath to stop breathing so hard, probably to stop from hyperventilating. She just slid to the floor in a dead faint. When she woke her first words were "Oh Crap".

Wonder how that will affect her performances from now on or if she will continue on the show. She's a trouper tho!

Toots, we do have a Dancing with the Stars thread. It's under the TV Forum, in the Reality TV section.

I will probably get sucked into watching it again as it gets further along in the competition. Or if Clay shows up again, cheesy mustache and all! *g*

Sniff......evidently I was the only person in the universe who liked Viva Laughlin.

It has been cancelled already.

Big Bang was funny last night, tho.

Yes, Marie dropped like a bag of rocks, she dropped so quickly and unexpectedly I thought it was a trick, at first. Her dancing had seemed choppy, almost like a music box couple.

Anybody watch Don't forget the lyrics? I usually DVR it and then once a month just have a blast. I had company tonight and we were singing fools. It's such a fun show. It's one I would fall flat on my face on though. I'd rather do Jeopardy than this one. My sister swears she knows that dottie that won a 1/2 million but can't figure out from where. She's from Oakland suposedly so it's possible. And her 500K question was tv theme show song. whoo hooo...see it always gets back to Clay.

I still love watching Moonlight, but there just seems to be either bad chemistry, bad acting, or bad writing, can't exactly put my finger on it.

I will watch, though, just because I love looking at the lead.

I do watch Lyrics if I happen upon it, it is pretty good, and I really like the host a lot. I believe he addressed the celebrities in the audience about something, once, and in reply to something he said they should be ashamed of themselves, they were all rich already.

Seeing a lot of lead-in for Project Runway, and since I know they cut and edit the bejeezus out of it, I kinda wish they would stop already, I just want to see the clothes.

So I watched the last 5 eppies of Cane over the holidays and all I have to say is that show is the bomb. I love it. Jimmy Smits had some scenes that knocked my socks off and I think it ended in a great place in this shortened season..Jimmy all tall dark and sexy walking in the rain to Marvin Gaye's Trouble Man. I know it's just a soap opera but I love the cast.. nice to look at, decent to great actors. I hope Hector is around as long as the show is around and don't kill him off with the cancer in some cheap ratings ploy. Frank is semi sleezy but has redeeming qualities. Hell I even like the mobsters.

But mostly I love Jimmy Smits. He has so many facets. I thought this was going to be a good son vs bad son type thing but Alex surely can't be defined as "good." He's got a temper. He's rash. He orders hits on people LOL. He does stupid things. And you know, I like to see minority characters that aren't either sidekicks or black or white.

The youngest son...is gorgeous. nothing more to be said there..oh yeah charming too.

I do think they need to work on the female characters...although I love Austrailian girl..the rum mixer or whatever the hell that job is.

Looking forward to next season and this strike being over.

Did anyone happen to catch Donald Trump's celebrity show last night? God I can't believe I watched it. I was trying to see what was on and I saw Trace Adkins was one of the celebrities. I like him. He's a country singer with a deep voice like Josh Turner. Has long hair down to his ass. So now I guess I will have to check in on the show to see how far he goes. So far, last night, Nadia Comanich (sp) and some playboy girl got fired, in back to back episodes.

Then I dreamed about me spending the weekend with Trace Adkins. It was such a weird thing to dream about him, but it was good. :whistling-1:

Yes! New episodes of House! And I hope "Bitch" is really gone, too.

Boston Legal was excellent last night, too - they tackled women's lib, abortion, paternal rights, and hugging in schools. And made me laugh.

And EEEEEEEE!!!!!! for the Riches, I have already seen Eddie's commercial for the first season, it will be on FX or something like that.

I hope Eddie is a presenter for the awards shows that are coming up - he was outstanding when presenting (and accepting for Michael Moore) the award to best documentary the other week, Film Critics awards or something.

Speaking of which, some woman blogged quite bitterly about how pointless that particular award show is and how as a writer she resents that it is on TV - um, honey, no one takes those all that seriously when they are watching TV, it is just another couple hours of entertainment.

Has anyone else watched "Eli Stone"? I really like it. Very clever.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE I love it...

I like almost everybody there except the fiance. I love the actor that plays Eli...love tonights episode...I was laughing through out.

I like almost everybody there except the fiance. I love the actor that plays Eli...love tonights episode...I was laughing through out.

I love it too - except like you the fiance!

I LOVE Eli and I love his assistant and got a kick out of Victor Garber's song and dance number!

Wouldn't it be fun (if it lasts long enough) if Clay came to Eli in a vision singing and dancing?

I love it too - except like you the fiance!

I LOVE Eli and I love his assistant and got a kick out of Victor Garber's song and dance number!

Wouldn't it be fun (if it lasts long enough) if Clay came to Eli in a vision singing and dancing?

EEEEEEEEEEEEE perfect show to make a guest appearance...