Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

Sounds like you are batting 1000, couchie! :cryingwlaughter:

In the absence of new shows, I've discovered some off the beaten path things. Currently I am addicted to a British series called Bad Girls (takes place in a prison). Unfortunately I found out it's not being renewed for a 9th season in Britain, but thanks to the magic of torrents, I have been in a downloading frenzy. Why do I usually discover things once they've already ended?

Last night I watched House at 8, hoping it was new. It wasn't, but they said 4 new episodes would begin on April 28th. :) I also watched a Canadian show, the Kurt Browning Gotta Skate Motown special (I believe it was in that whole series of shows that included Clay's Vegas Christmas skating special). Man, the Temptations are still singing, but not well. I suffered through My Girl and then Boys II Men sang End Of The Road. Yikes. At least the skating was spectacular (especially Kurt!)

I got hooked on CSI Miami through re-runs. I can't believe, though, how they resolved a plotlet in a new episode where Horatio gets extradited to Brazil, and the show ends with him in Rio de Janeiro picking up a gun because he has been told when he leaves the house he is in, he will be hunted down - to be continued tomorrow night!

So, I tune in 1 minute late - to see that Horatio shoots 87 guys or so before the opening credits, shrugs, and then after the credits he is in Miami like nothing happened.

I adore Robson Green, and his series Wire In The Blood starts new episodes on BBCA this Sunday. I have read all the books in that series, I love the show.

I have been watching Last Restaurant Standing, but must confess I only understand about 2/3 or what the head judge chef is saying.

Interesting that the couples have to do everything - plan, budget, cook, train wait staff, drum up business, etc. They get judged on many things, not so much the cooking, but how they actually run a restaurant.

Still love Big Bang Theory, New Adventures of Old Christine, I miss Moonlight and Boston Legal.

Also miss The Kumars and Black Books on BBCA, but they will prolly show up again one day,

Fell in love with Eli Stone last night. Dang. If that was the last of the season, I assume I can catch up somewhere?

George Michael looked great (well, teeth are a bit frightening) - I was thinking, as he sang, who gives a shit about his sex life? Why are people even interested? And I love how he shut down his web site because he said he wasn't paying to have people trash him, or something to that effect.

Top Chef is shaping up pretty well. hee - don't the chefs know that they are supposed to cook to the challenge, not dispense their vastly superior way of cooking like condescending gifts to "the masses"? Also funny how many grumbled that they were not into football or sports when told to cook a tailgate item - no one was asking them to cook while they were running downfield trying to catch a pass, or create food shaped like footballs and helmets, they were just cooking in a parking lot in front of a stadium. Also think anyone who says they were cooking for "the masses" or "ordinary palates" should be booted on the spot, but then Hung won and as far as I can tell, he disdains almost everybody.

I love the NCIS commercials - "More letters than any other show!"

Did anyone watch Rock the Cradle?

My only interest in it is that Chloe, Olivia Newton-John's daughter, is in it.

I hope she does well but while she can sing a little and sounds good when doing a duet with her mother, she really doesn't have the ability to carry a song on her own. I really feel for her because she's had a really tough time in her young life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tebrN_ydsHU...feature=related

I can't watch it because it is not screened in Oz, at least not on free TV.

Did anyone watch CSI last night. WHAT A SHOCKER...although before the end..I was like..that's the season finale? They solved that case to fast. And them BAM! I couldn't believe it. Will have to tune in next season to see how they handle this.

Did anyone watch CSI last night. WHAT A SHOCKER...although before the end..I was like..that's the season finale? They solved that case to fast. And them BAM! I couldn't believe it. Will have to tune in next season to see how they handle this.

don;t watch but you got me curious...what happened

I watched it, couchie. I had a bad feeling towards the end, just the mood of the piece, the background music they were playing, and knowing that the actor who plays Warrick wasn't supposed to be back next season. I figured they were going to write him out of the script somehow, and when he got cleared on the murder charges (instead of put in jail like I thought he might be) I thought "uh-oh". It was a shocking ending, for sure. I taped it for my son but I'm not going to enjoy watching it with him. Warrick is his favourite character (he is a CSI freak) and he is NOT going to be a happy camper.

Lucky you are so right about the mood. It was unsettling and not exactly CSI like even though they often have dark episodes.

STOP READING IF YOU DON"T WANT CFSI FINALE INFO

Ansa, Warick was framed for murder and the CSI team of course worked to get him cleared. They then went out to "celebrate" together... very haunting music while they showed them smiling and hugging and congratulating Warwick. Now we knew there was a mole in the dept.... but when Warwick left the restaurant and went to his car, the big boss came up to him and basically asked him if he was going to stop being a rogue cop and he said something like..yes but I have to get one more out there. And the cop said something like..yeah that's what I thought...pulled out a gun and shot him in the head as he sat in his car. Then shot him again, threw the gun in the car and walked away. I haven't watched CSI since Sarah's last eppy...and really not much before that in a couple of years so I hadn't heard a thing.

OK, did anyone watch the House finale last night? I cried, and I didn't even like her.

Yikes, I am almost afraid to watch the Criminal Minds finale tomorrow.......who are they going to kill off? :cryingwlaughter:

heee hmmm maybe they will kill of Meredith on Grey's Anatomy and I can watch again. No? Ah I didn't think so either LOL.

OK, did anyone watch the House finale last night? I cried, and I didn't even like her.

Yikes, I am almost afraid to watch the Criminal Minds finale tomorrow.......who are they going to kill off? :cryingwlaughter:

That was the best House episode ever IMO. Great acting all around and no wonder House Kept following what Wilson wanted, he knew he was at fault. I am sooo happy though that in the end she was just doing a good deed for Wilson and not having some affair or flirtation with House.

So 13 was positive for Huntington's?

AAAAAACK! I keep forgetting House is not on Tuesday!!!! What happened?

never mind, I forgot about Twop - recaplet up in record time!

Its realy better if you watch it. Check out one of those sites that show past episodes cos the scenes and acting was gut wrenching. Very powerful..IMO