All About Clay Gabfest: Favorite Clay Flubs

Ansamcw

My favorite consistent "flub" was that he never seemed to bother to learn the words to When You Say You Love Me - I guess he had too much dancing going on...

This song was really a puzzle to me. He must love singing it cos he had it for every pop tour. Yet...he never gets the lyrics. Maybe its because he really can;t relate to the song at all...the meeting in the bar, falling in love too fast. I think he likes the melody and its a fun song for him...but he really does not relate to it at all!!!

It does give us so many funny concert moments.

Well, the Kelly WDC was a prank, but also a goof because he thought he was so clever asnd was bragging that he forgot he was supposed to still be dancing with Angela and he had to leave the runway and get back to her.

Edited by playbiller

Well, never let it be said that it is easy touring with Clay, I think he does like to tease people this tour it was vermont, in the NAT it was teasingQuiana about passports and Canada - when she was just prescient! She just had a time travel error.

so true... i still remember that little line about how they were about to go over the border. The man is a mercilous tease.

Well, that stopped posting dead -

anyway, I took notes, unfrotunately I did not type them., I can't read my next few - I have to rethink what I thought to reconstruct it.

Awww...I think I got distracted by TV at this point...next time I will surely dl the episode before starting... :D

actually I am still catching up at this point. lots of cool clips to watch.

Here is the one where Kelly sneaks out for WDC instead of Angela.

I don't know where it was.

Clay & Kelly Dance

oh yeah...he turned the tables on her didn't he. He was so quick so it was hard to get him...

Quiana, as a favorite foil, really couldn't match him when he was on a roll. Not many people can.

Aww... you all already mentioned all my favorite flubs!

I do find his little imperfections endearing. I sometimes wonder if his mind wanders a bit when he sings a too familiar song. You notice, it's usually the songs he's sung a thousand times that he flubs. WYSYLM, Solitaire, TITN...

you tube... it's a remake?

this clip is from my favorite show ever..the 08/31 ac jukebox...

this clip was just after stump the band where he sang Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me

You know he never likes to be wrong..heh.

OMG...this was soooo funny. I can't believe that all this time he thought that was a George Micheal song. That was practically a signature song for him...he had it in his demo...in wildcard...and sang it again on the top two special...yet he didn;t know that was and Elton John song...BWAH!!!!

I love the part where he said soemone was not on the house...and wouldn't be ever again...too funny. I wish we heard what the remark was that prompted that comment.

I am getting frustrated, I saw the Ryan Ai clip this week. I just can't find it now.

maybe we can have an obscure clip discussion some day. I think I have some of the oft overlooked clips. I save every TV appearance, really no matter how little, but the concert video - I tend to let go or I would need several hard drives.

ETA - what circle dance?

Edited by playbiller

Aww... you all already mentioned all my favorite flubs!

I do find his little imperfections endearing. I sometimes wonder if his mind wanders a bit when he sings a too familiar song. You notice, it's usually the songs he's sung a thousand times that he flubs. WYSYLM, Solitaire, TITN...

yeah... just losing concentration for a moment is all it takes.

My mind now seems to be drawing a complete blank heh. flubs and pranks and the funny are all running together in my mind..I agree Fear..it's all just part of the show..which is why I'm a concert ho.

I've never quite understood the MDYK thing. Is he flubbing the lyrics, or does he just prefer it that way? It doesn't really matter, I love it either way, it's just something I've always wondered about.

ya know...I don;t even know what its supposed to be anymore. Same with Solitaire. Although with Solitaire I think he really cut it for the concert...and his recorded version was different from Karen's

But MDYK...I never know when he flubs it or when its right...he really got me confused with that one.

KAndre quietly eyes her four hard drives that she's currently scrabbling though...

circle dance with KimberMe and Trenyce...

That was adorable! I had never seen that one before either!!

Why can't I think of anymore flubs? There have been so many! :blink:

brb..leave you with this...

OMG...MY tummy is aching...It hurts to laugh when you have to keep it quiet so that the kids won't wake up. That is just too funny. Man...his comic timing was impecable...not just the timing but his instincts...that whispered ...or State...was just perfect...then when he went back to start again..wow Jacob just lost it.

This guy is such a natural comedian...its unbelievable.

Clay circles around so much, I didn't think of that as a circle dance, but that is one of the clips I have downloaded.

Still looking for a small Ryan clip. I really don't want to load a large clip out to youtube,I have had this id for so long and the clips are so cute and flying under the radar, I don't add any clips. I need to start a new id to load stuff out though.

Success!

Aww that was just so cute. I think there was jsut so much great clack from AI2 that was lost becuae we didn;t get the clack gathering technique quite perfect yet...

But another great night with all the flubs was the chicago AI2 concert...I love how they featured that on the tour special. But I guess that was a really jinxed night for all of them specially Clay...

the poor coke machine....heh

The circle dance is great.

Do you remember though during the AI tour when Clay was singing and supposedly did a 360 move? I don't think video ever surfaced. It was at a Northeastern venue that was very hot. The venue not the move.

Edited by FearofH2O

I have no idea what concert it was, but I do remember seeing clips of Clay dropping his microphone during a song, then quickly picking it up. He was holding it funny when he grabbed it, but kept on singing.

I don't remember which concert it is either... but yeah I can see it clear as day.

What was also funny to me about the whole vermont is a great little city is that Ang and Quiana laughed at Felix but it had to be explained to Jacob... but that bit right there loosened up that crowd and the concert really seemed to start at that point.

The circle dance is great.

Do you remember though during the AI tour when Clay was singing and supposedly did a 360 move? I don't think video ever surfaced. It was at a Northeastern venue that was very hot. The venue not the move.

we'll see this when we see the great sasquatch.

I guess my favorite Invisible from WB counts as a flub... i mean when those panties went flying he just lost it.

you tube - invisible 2003 wilkes barre

It's a long clip but well worth it...make sure to find time to watch it if you haven't already.

I had never seen that interview. However, I still do not believe the producers asked him to add a verse to make it longer as part of the evil plot to screw him! I really think they wanted a Clay/Ruben finale. I suspect it had more to do with a timing thing than anything else. Didn't subscribe to the conspiracy theories then anymore than I do now.

I know I was super pissed at AI at the time. I think I believed they wanted to screw him up because of the way Paula and ET covered that night. I remember they only focused on Clay;s mistakes and never showed his triumphs. I remembered being so angry with ET after their coverage that I wrote my one and only Clay related letter to the media.

Now I look back and after Micheal ORlands explanation...I now agree with you. I think they simply thought micheal's arrangement was too short and wanted to make it longer...

yup perspective changes after three years.