ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

AWWWW that got me verklempt...sniff....thank you for sharing....

Thanks so much. ((HUGS))

What does verklempt meen. :blink: Just curious. Learning many new words since joining clay fandom. :D

Very touched that it makes you kinda teary.... I think...heh

Verklempft -- overcome with emotion.

claygasm, totally get the rocking version of this. I understand. Love it. He wails.

Love the ooohh, ooooh, oooh at the end with the backing singers.

And the simplicity of the ending. So very nice.

I could talk about this song for hours.

I Want to Know What Love Is

claygasm, I know he doesn't HAVE to have a religious song on every album. But he talked about this album talking about all different kinds of love. Hence, my theory.

IWTKWLI -- man, I find this the weakest track on the album. Why? I think I was too attached to the original in this instance. I really wanted Clay to take this one to church, if you know what I mean. The original had that gospel chorus at the ending, and this just didn't give me that just by making it a duet.

What's-her-head doesn't thrill me on this one (though I liked what she said about Clay). This sounds "thin" to me - especially compared to the original. I think Clay might have pulled this off better by his lonesome.

Their voices aren't merging for me.

Or what ldyjocelyn said.

But I love the way starts - Clay is almost speaking and sounds oddly intense...

Ok this is the song that most disappointed me...I felt like they were not really connecting emotionally and musically...now that I know that they recorded this seperately...I understand why.

I think this is one that will totally improve live....so who will do Suzies Part????

I do like her voice...they do blend well.

BUT...BUT...I love the deep notes he gets here.

What's-her-head doesn't thrill me on this one (though I liked what she said about Clay). This sounds "thin" to me - especially compared to the original. I think Clay might have pulled this off better by his lonesome.

Their voices aren't merging for me.

Or what ldyjocelyn said.

Hee. And I was just gonna quote you. And I did.

Actually, in some ways, I think their voices are almost TOO perfectly matched. I would have liked a little more grit to her voice, to give some contrast to Clay's beautiful tenor, wailing away.

I bet this will be one of Angela's - higher voice and I think she'll make it more gospelly in concert...

I'm usually really bad about hearing separate voices in duets - but they sound so very distinct to me. I want more of a counterpoint.

I am having a very hard time typing as my cat (whose name is Waldo by the way - named after you-know-who.... B) ) issitting in my lap and pawing the keyboard.

Suzie is god on it, but the duet doesn't really make the song special, so why bother?

Just ok for me. I often skip it.

It seems that I have a 2 second issue with pretty much every song - the lead in instruments are just a tad to "much".

Much - a musical term to indicate that there is more emphasis on that part tahn it deserves.

Soon to be followed with definitions for bright and tinkly

I bet this will be one of Angela's - higher voice and I think she'll make it more gospelly in concert...

And isn't this the song that Quiana is credited for backing vocals? So, yeah, I think him and Angela will be wailing on this one.

Wonder if they'll make a duel out of it?

play, you're cracking me up tonight! Such technical terms. Want to explain the word "is" sometime? *g*

If anybody can do duets, it's Clay. But I think this is just a boring song. The lyrics are too repetitive.

I would love to hear them do another song together.

Are we talking about the EP. Wonder what it is all about? A stocking stuffer? Or will it be used to help sell ATDW?

this is my favorite of the clips...listened to it over and over and over and was so very much looking forward to it. but it didn't wow me like I thought it would. I love her voice. I love their voices together..but I think I was expecting too much or something... it's my no more sad song of ATDW.

I am having a very hard time typing as my cat (whose name is Waldo by the way - named after you-know-who.... B) ) issitting in my lap and pawing the keyboard.

Suzie is god on it, but the duet doesn't really make the song special, so why bother?

Just ok for me. I often skip it.

That is too funny, I have a cat in my lap too, but her name isn't WALDO. Her name is NICKI from a Prince song. (Darlin Nicki......bad bad cat)

I also agree the song isn't my fav. and I often skip it too.

;)

After listening to it several times in a row (I like this!) Clay is clearly holding the long notes longer - it's gonna be interesting in concert!

Let Waldo communicate! He(?) clearly has some comments!