ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

I see this as fun Clay, young Clay singins a song he grew up loving, but with the nuances he brought out on tour with his singing buddies. So many good motwon songs.,

OK, that is it, Clay does need a daily show where he sings a different song each day, It is decided!. He could put if between Jon Stewart and Colbert report as a little diversion to pure pleasure.

I love Waldo! B)

And my kitty Waldo too! :D

I also LOVE this song! Love me some green-eyed soul!

And I LOVE how he growls and says "woman"!

I find this song sooooooooooooo sexy.

I will be sitting uncomfortably in a puddle when he sings this in concert.

This one will be a showstopper...this is what all of those concerts and hanging around q, a and j did for him... oh and what's his name..former music director. He really goes to town on this song...and i feel like he's slightly out of control on it which makes it all the more special to me. He should be out of control... and he really gives it all he has. absolutely love.

he is pure sex in this song---his voice, the feeling, the breaks in his voice...the breathing GOD THE BREATHING and grunting in this line:

"We all got...our own funny moods....I got mine, woman you got yours too"

pure "Get over here, woman and let me make sweet, long, deep, earthshattering love to you."

that is all

YUP YUP.... I think this song unfortunately...got overshadowed by LAA...BUT man, this is really great. this is the voice that will just capture the critics imagination.

I want to hear him sing like this on an original song...

When A Man Loves A Man

:blink:

KAndre! Edit! Edit!

:lol::lol:

OMG, that's bad. Really bad.

This one will be a showstopper...this is what all of those concerts and hanging around q, a and j did for him... oh and what's his name..former music director. He really goes to town on this song...and i feel like he's slightly out of control on it which makes it all the more special to me. Sould should be out of control... and he really gives it all he has. absolutely love.

S'von!!!! My Man!!!!

I love Clay's wailing on this at the end...the way he repeats...never, never, never, never, never...gah.

In concert? This will be a standout. He'll just start singing, and we'll all fall out of our chairs.

You know Muski always bogart the booze!

Now, this is why I love Clay singin' some soul - EIH and BW are beautiful in their perfection...but Clay singing this (and When A Man Loves A WOMan) - he's singing from his soul, it's so organic he lets himself play with it - he'll never sing it the same way twice...

oopS!

Oooo! I love the term "organic" to describe his singing on this!

Perfect!

God I love this song!

See, and you all thought all I could do was bitch! ;)

I LOVE how he sorta slurs "If youdonknome..." at the end right after the nevernevernevernever....part....

and how he pronounces "love affair"..for some reason...

this slays me every freaking time...

every time...

Yeah...I want lots and lots of people to hear this song and see him sing it.

Hell, I wanna see him sing it.

Goo? Meet Puddle. :blink:

Hey, CG! Remember you, my hubby and I listening to this in my living room. We didn't talk at all through it. You and I exchanged a couple of looks at crucial sexy parts in the song...and then...when it was over, my hubby said...

"And you're tellin' me that THIS song is NOT on the CD?"

heh. He thought it was way cool.

OH MY....this song.LIVE!!!!

EEEEEEEEE...there are so many moments in this song that I just wnat to bottle....

WOman...You....IF...never, never....oh god...

He should have a motown record... Ruben and him should collaborate on one.

Hey, CG! Remember you, my hubby and I listening to this in my living room. We didn't talk at all through it. You and I exchanged a couple of looks at crucial sexy parts in the song...and then...when it was over, my hubby said...

"And you're tellin' me that THIS song is NOT on the CD?"

heh. He thought it was way cool.

I remember that! He was VERY impressed!

And I was impressed that he was impressed!

I'm stealing that really high "IFFFFFF" at the end of the song, and marrying it later tonight.....

Hell with the wedding...I'll dive straight to the honeymoon...with that whole line "IIIIIIFFF you don know ME by now..."

He just really lets go and I canNOT wait to see him get all excited singing this....can't wait to watch his body and all that sorta thing.....

you know....when he gets really into a song... B)

This? Would kill me. Dead. Raid dead.

Since one of my favorites of the JBT was the Motown thing...yeah, I think he'd be excellent with this.

Thanks couchie...we'll talk about the dates for the next one!

you know....when he gets really into a song...

Clay does that? Really? I never knew. :P

Yeah, you're right...the honeymoon will be a blast. I just like committment, can't help it.

That man has soul - skinny flat white ass and all!

ldyjocelyn..thanks so much for bringing this idea to FCA...Can't wait to do this again for MCWL and the new EP..YAY.

Ditto!!!

Now THAT"S a good idea! LOVE that idea!

Maybe one day......

Edited by Claygasm

You'll NEver never never KNOW me....

oh...infinite permutations of delivering the ending of this song to all his dead bitches in the audience...

who'll be dead fo sho by now.

'night, all....great, great party...lvoe it.thank you. gonna go spend some time wiht my hubby now....will be working most of the day tomorrow....

So glad I got to join you guys...MWAH! :)

Waves at Procjoiner and linda6084

What? We had company? Quick, hide the liquor! We are sober and upstanding citizens of the Clay Nation! Really!

Though there are 4 songs on the CD that I am in a polygamous relationship with.

Kisses to all!

This song could have been boring if Clay had not tried The"if you don't know me by now" a thousand different ways. I guess he found out the Clay Nation loves its growls and sighs and breathing. He puts it all in here.

I can see why this song didn't fit on the cd. I'm just glad there was a way to get it. Love it.

Have a good night. I am beat from our trip to the lake in the pouring rain.