ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

I do hope he will be able to capture this intimacy in concert...

Here I gooooo....

This is actually not that easy for him to sing live. Cos he does have to keep it light and it has a wide range so I am looking forward to this in concert.

eta...I hear yah CG...I guess that part would hit you if it applies...if not, its jsut a bunch of words. :D

Dear Lord in Heaven - I love this. In an intense and personal way. Now this is a chorus I could just DIE for...

I don't usually listen to lyrics - but these touch me...

And the way he sings? This isn't pretty - THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.

I do hope he will be able to capture this intimacy in concert...

you're joking right..screams..... i love you clays... no way.

I'm bringing duct tape to my concerts. It could come in handy.

I love this song. Love the simple tambourine hits during this section...it gives a nice percussion to this one, without being over powering.

This song made me swoon on first listen. That was dangerous, since it was 2:00 a.m. and I was driving.

OH GOd...this song made me cry several times...I actually look at this as parental love.

I remember one time I was listening to this and my Caitlin was beside me and gah...tears gushing.

But it is a good wedding song too...

love the piano...I wonder if he will have William playing this with him on DOOL

Once again out of step with most in the Clay Nation, I am not that crazy about this song.

I think its a bit over the top schmatzy for my taste.

I mean, its pretty, but the lyrics and the melody make me feel like I am going into a diabetic coma! :lol:

Cheese with syrup on top.

Sweeter than a pineapple salad!

But it is pretty. Maybe just a bit TOO pretty.

ETA: MUSKI! Come join the party! Is Shadow home??

Edited by Claygasm

This song made me swoon on first listen. That was dangerous, since it was 2:00 a.m. and I was driving.

ah yes..the virgin...can't believe you held out like that.

Yep...that was a great car ride home, losing my virginity at the same time.

:)

By the way, can we have some applause for William Joseph here?!?!? He has such a nice delicate touch with the piano.

Clay's touch? No comment. :P

YAY!! muski's here! No more work for her tonight!! Pour her some wine!

Not wedding to me...but if some dude with Clay's voice sang this to me and meant it, I would marry him on the spot.

Of course, I'd have it annulled the next day, but man....

I fell for this on the first listen - and cannot think of another singer who could do it justice...

Doll, I gotta admit, I like the sweet!

Wow...all the love for this one and I just haven't jumped on that train. His voice is just way too girly and high pitched for me in this one...the words are lovely...and he sings with emotion and all...I just don't like the sound of it...

(prepare volley of tomatoes... :unsure: )

He sounds....

to me, that is... :ph34r:

uh...he doesn't sound very....

manly...not just the key he's singing in...but some of his enunciation...just...it...er...

NEXT?!?!??!?! :blink:

No, not really manly -

Just ANGELIC! yes! I'm picturing him wearing a halo right now! MMMMM Angel Voice Clay!

points at dmclovesomc and laughs...

I have a teenager and two cats...you're just stuck!

Wow...all the love for this one and I just haven't jumped on that train. His voice is just way too girly and high pitched for me in this one...the words are lovely...and he sings with emotion and all...I just don't like the sound of it...

(prepare volley of tomatoes... :unsure: )

He sounds....

to me, that is... :ph34r:

uh...he doesn't sound very....

manly...not just the key he's singing in...but some of his enunciation...just...it...er...

NEXT?!?!??!?! :blink:

Ah yes, the voice is WAAAAAY too high on this one too. This and EID - I think he sounds a bit girly......

does anybody watch dool.... have they started playing the song in hte background of their scenes...i hope they do that.

it's a really beautiful song...and it goes straight to the heart for me.

I used to watch DOOL...and maybe I should again...for research purpose.

I love that this is going to be a song for Kayla and Patch...very apt. Cos he sees himself is a very imperfect man that does not deserve Kayla...he was the bad guy and she was this angelic creature...this is going to be a knock out. Great choice by the producers.

Oh God...the bridge always gets me...

his voice is so tender and so in love. Can you imagine Clay singing this to his bride...GAAAAAAHHH

Now see, muski, I think his vocals are perfect for this...and I honestly think this will be the "kill the front row, and half the house, dead" song. He'll give us LOOKS while singing this...and we'll all turn into puddles on the floor.

The combination of manly looks (GROWL) with this tenderness of vocals, and I'm a goner.

Five minutes to next song!