ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

so where do the people get that this is something a father is singing to a child? sorry...from the get go I saw it as lover to lover...and a wedding song.

and there are those angels again, CG... :glare:

the only part I like is the end when he changes it up a little and puts more oomph in some of the words....

I don't dislike this song...just don't go gah gah over it. Obviously, it touches lots of people so...it's all good.

I'll have cabernet, please...

That perfectly vibrating throat...excuse me for a minute....

:blink:

Ah....thanks, KAndre....that should do it....I'll just close my eyes and picture that picture CG posted earlier of Clay's beauteous throat/neck/upper chest as I listen.....

Yep...that works. B)

Edited by muskifest

This song really just emphasize the purity of his voice for me. That perfectly vibrating throat...excuse me for a minute....

Exactly! And that's why I don't mind the highness of his voice...because it's so PURE. Not many singers have that, and I find that so beautiful in his voice. Don't get me wrong, I love the growls and stuff too, and that low "goooo" in HYCA...but the song matches the voice in this instance. JMO.

Claygasm...I do understand the syrupy comment... I think if the voice was not so good and the emotion so earnest...and the meldoy not so pretty ...I would be gagging on the sweetness...

BUT...surprisingly...it went the other way for me. Just an old fashioned all out romantic and emotional song.

I am glad clay is the one singing it...cos his voice has this raw purity to it...that makes it very sincere and moving. If this was Groban or Bocelli...I think I would find it boring or just a bit too much.

I'm the oddball on this one...I like this song, but am not crazy about it.

What I like: Clay's vocals. He does a wonderful job on it. I also like the poetry, think it adds a nice counterpoint to the entire thing.

What I don't like: the high harmony vocals. Way too breathy for me.

BROKEN WINGS.... i'm toast... i can listen to this over and over and over... wait... i have done that. just love everything about it..including the talking part.... two lovers intertwined... guh... nothing profound to say.. it's just my absolute favorite..maybe most favorite clay song ever.

I find myself switching from song to song and just wanting to hear that one song over and over. Lately, it's been BW. When I first heard it, I really did NOT like the spoken part, although I appreciated the creativity of this arrangement. But I'm in LOVE with this song...everything....the voice, the other voices...the music....the ethereal feeling it creates...and

it inspired me....I haven't written anything in so very long...but something came to me one morning while listening to this song on repeat on the way to work. And I just rolled with it in my head and signed up for that Nanowrite contest (write a novel in a month in November) and I have this storyline developing little by little and the title is going to be Broken Wings...

I like this...

Sorry for the digression there....And I want to go to bed with that part when he wails "Taaaaaake", cutting off the speaker....and all the rest of it....

"""and WHEN we heaaaarrr...the voices sing...." perfection

and I love the way his voice softens on the last word...

Love it.

What I like: Clay's vocals. He does a wonderful job on it. I also like the poetry, think it adds a nice counterpoint to the entire thing.

Yup me too...I love the production and how it came together, I love the ethereal feel and the risk Clay took. But this is not the heart of this CD for me...

surprisingly that is LNM and EIH for me.

This is one fo my favorites though and I love what he did with it and how he was willing to go so out there with it.

DOOL -- Days of Our Lives.

I used to watch the show back in the day, and know the characters...but haven't seen it in ages....

Another thing I like about this song...the instrumentation again. Lots of layers with this one, and it serves Clay's voice well.

Elmer Gantry suit? BWAH!!!

Look who I am sharinga brain with on this song.

I also think there is a little too much going on in this song for me with the poetry, the urgency, the whole shebang *

*not even going to pretend this is a musical term.

BROKEN WINGS.... i'm toast... i can listen to this over and over and over... wait... i have done that. just love everything about it..including the talking part.... two lovers intertwined... guh... nothing profound to say.. it's just my absolute favorite..maybe most favorite clay song ever.

Word!

I am amazed that this was Clay's conception. Another potential interest for him, producer.