#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Hey everybody, I can't believe how fast we got through the last thread. I love all the activity. I don't post while I'm at work so it's just a thrill to get home and see everything that has happened. And I spend my first 1/2 hour after work cracking up. It's really lifted my spirits through a difficult time. I look forward to more. Now enough of that..

where the hell is muski and ldyjocelyn? heee.

Hey couchie! Testing...testing....pssstshshppoesssssll?? IS this thing working? :unsure:

Reporting in from our Governor's Suite....filled with Mimosas, red wine, tiramisu, cheesecake, cheese and crackers and fruit oh my!...munchies...chocolate covered strawberries with chocolate bowties that had "CLAY" written on them...!!!!!!!!

OMG. My hotel contact sent up an unbelievable spread. The pastry chef went nuts and put together something that made one of us actually spend $15 on a disposable camera in the hotel gift shop so that we could make sure we captured the masterpiece.

Two serving plates with the chocolate strawberries, each decorated with its own "CLAY" and all around the edge of the serving plate were accomplishments/facts about

CLAY AIKEN! or as one 'fact' reported "Clayton Holmes Grissom"...AMA award 2003, Best Selling Christmas Album 2004, Billboard Award, Best Selling Christian Album 2005, University of North Carolina Charlotte, Born November 30, 1978, MOAM First Album...I mean, she'd written these things in chocolate all around the plates! :blink:

Unreal! She really did her research! HOly moly! When I called my buddy at the hotel to thank her and say how awesome it was, she wasn't even aware of the writing. She came up to see it and said evidently the chef just did it on her own initiative after learning what the purpose of the gathering was.

We six chatted, took a picture or two...after, of course, they were greeted by Clay himself. I blew up the picture of him that's been used for the Christmas EP and then taped it to a big poster board, put it on an easel so that the first thing they saw when I opened the door was Clay! And I wrote around his picture, "Come on in, ladies! I'm ready. (Muski primed me for y'all!) Hee!

A good time was had by all. We hooked up Pink Armchair's laptop, using her dongle, to the LCD projector I kept from our conference; my hotel friend sent up a big screen and we watched mucho clack on said big screen....blabbing all the way. Woo Hoo!

And that is my report. Perhaps ldyjocelyn would care to elaborate?

Hey gang! muski has done a pretty good job of telling you everything we did in her massive and luxurious suite. Lots of food, wine, clack, and stories about Clay. Dinner out was interesting, though...we had a waitress who saw me in my brand spanking new OFC shirt. Let's just say she was NOT impressed -- mentioned the GMA/Diane interview, still seemed to want to believe Clay was gay. *sigh* At least she didn't shirk on our service, but we all think we scared the crap out of her.

All in all, this has been a wonderful evening with friends...and muski and I aren't quite done yet, probably...even though she's packing right now and I have to be at work by noon tomorrow. :blink:

Having a great time. Wish you were here. Night all!

yay for the report...good thing I'm on the east coast...now send my muski back to me all safe and sound, you here? Say hi to the pink posse! I love those women!

Hi, couchie! I'm leaving on a jet plane at 11:50 tomorrow morning..taking Tuesday off work...don't know what's up for the weekend yet..You get that <anonymous fabulous establishment> job yet, woman? Or is it back to our usual beer joints?

Beer!? Lordy...I've had alcohol every freakin' night here! I have bags under my eyes like an old person, dang it!

But, sure...I'll meet you for a brew or two..hee!

EEEEEEEEEEEE

What a great report...I am very jealous and I hope you will be able to share a picture of that chocolate masterpiece...

ldyjocelyn...looking forward to your dinner account.

And we now have a new Banner...courtesy of Nancy/clayquebec1 ...hey a fellow quebecer...

we will be rotating the banner every week...

We will need christmas theme soon...

WHA!? :o No drunkeness, no puking, no public nudity, no paddy wagons? What kind of party did y'all have anyway? B)

Jealous? Me? Why would I be jealous of all the Clack watching (on a big screen no less), group squeeing, and chocolate consumption? No, I'm not sitting in my office quietly weeping, I've got a chunk of mascara in my eye or something. Sniff.

Man, and I can't even drag out the candy corn for Fear, since my photobucket account is not accessible at work. :(

In less whiny news, I love the new banner and thread title. Rawk on FCA!

I'm with you, bottle.

Jealous? me? Pashaw!

I have green eyes by birth! B)

The fact I am cursing myself because for once in my life I acted responsibly and didn't jump on a plane to Chicago when Muski tempted me is beside the point.

Jealous? Nah.

:glare: :angry::P

Glad a good time was had by all. I am dying to see a picture of the Clay food! Ironic there was so much chocolate there with Clay's name on it!

But what is all this civilized behavior?? Something just seems wrong with that picture?? :ph34r:

But what is all this civilized behavior?? Something just seems wrong with that picture?? :ph34r:

I know! [tm Monica Geller] I don't want to accuse anyone of lying or "spin", but the party post seemed to be very coherent and free of typos. Perhaps it was written before the alcohol consumption started? Hmm, I wonder if the Chicago police blotter is online somewhere...

:P:P

THUD!! What a banner.........................and there will be more. :D

Muski, what type of work (?) do you do and may I follow you around for ooooooo say a year and then file a report for all the Muski wannabes?????

Edited by clay4shore

THUD!! What a banner.........................and there will be more. :D

Muski, what type of work (?) do you do and may I follow you around for ooooooo say a year and then file a report for all the Muski wannabes?????

Yup it is hot!!! and yes we will be putting up all the Banners that wer submitted...we don't know yet but maybe every weekend we get to see a different banner...

Once again...I would like to thank all of the participants to this contest. They were all so talented!!! I have to admit having a really hard time voting myself since everyone of them was worthy. So we willbe getting a lot of pretties in the future.

BTW...anybody here an expert or experienced with invision boards? I have a few questions....so if you would want to help just pm me....thanks :)

Hee...ITA bottle and claygasm...I wasn;t just looking forward to some drun...oops, tipsy posts fromMuski but I wanted to see how ldyjocelyn post under the influence...darn it!!!

Ah...but your night sounded mucho good-o...

So what are we to look forward to this week....oh yeas...Christmas is around the corner,time to dust up your MCWL!!!! we will have a listening party this week...tune in for the details...

voting time for the song Parodies....check it out in the contest forums.

Well, dang it. I guess I'm just gonna have to stop blogging 'coss if I write something that shows I've been drinking, somebody's gonna say I'm a drunk and if I blog...er...write something that just tells you what's been going on, somebody's gonna say it's borinng...and if I write something...

you get my drift, right? B)

Lawd Jesus, with some of the blah blah going on at some boards about Clay's blog being/not being what he should've/didn't need to write,

and THEN my own peeps dissing my report from last night....

Clay and I DEFINITELY have a con-neck-shun now! I know how he feels..

(Well, that's really only because I can still feel his face, stubble, hair, ear pressed against mine in our hug...I'm still burning from the pressing of his fingertips on those long beautiful fingers on my back..I'm still

shooting myself for not pressing the lower part of my body against the lower part of his when we hugged! Damn my self for wanting to be respectful of him 2 and a half years ago! :angry::P)

:blink: whoops...sorry...sometimes the past comes back to haunt me..

Anyhoo....unfortunately, the only effect of drinking last night really noticeable was in heavy eyelids and slow slithering down chairs as people just got tired. -_- I certainly wouldn't ascribe the chatter and constant concurrent conversations going on pretty much nonstop as being anything unusual for this group of Clay fans! hee!

And...since I didn't figure out how to adjust the brightness and contrast on the company projector I was using until at least half way into the Clack show :glare: , we watched a big Clay, yes (*g*), but he was sometimes shrouded in a mysterious, muted glow...

or maybe that was just his musk. B);)

ETA: I forgot to say...that if you check my post last night, you'll see that I said "mucho" in a description of something....now, please also take note that I used this Spanish term BEFORE even KNOWING about Clay blogging!

coincidence? I think not.

another connection between muski and the man? I think so... B)

Edited by muskifest

Love the banner and I hope you pink ladies (gang) get home okay. I know a grand time was had by all. I AM JEALOUS and I have hazel eyes. It sounds like you had loads of fun.

I have not checked the blog as of yet. It took me two days just to read through all the pages from the last thread that I think reached up to 78 pages. I have not checked in since 10/30. I have been so busy working nights at the hospital. I think it has been a constant full moon, because the crazies have certainly come out to play (both here and north of the Mason-Dixon line, LOL).

Again, wish I was there in the windy city or where ever you were. Muski, sounds like you have a great job.

(((FCA's))) one and all.

Again, I loved all the banners. I also read the pages from Saturday night. Although I can't get to You tube, I think I had all that clack except for one or two, so I really did not miss much. Just y'all.

Waves to all my friends. Hey Bottle, Couchie, Muski, Lady J, Ansa, et cetra.

How could I forget Kandre, world dominitrix. I am your minion, but Clay comes first. LOL

G

Edited by georgiaclay

Hey georgiaclay..we have missed you! Hope you can post more.

Yup crazies have been plentiful in "Clay Nation" as well...ok yeah here as well...though I would never name names...:D

So I finished my daily chores early...been thinking of Clay and his voice and how it makes me feel. I've read on other boards how some fans actually haven't been move to tears by his voice. So...since I haven;t listened to ATDW since the listening party...I decided to just close the door of the room...put it full blast and see if it will still move mel.

I started with IYDKMBN..and wow his voice hit me right in the gut...no souL??? I beg to differ...

Then LAA came on...and I didn't weep but my heart hurt ...his voice is just touches a very deep part of me with this song...and I tear up again...

Song after song...all kinds of emotions was brought forth by that voice...

I understand Clay's voice won;t move everyone...but I am so glad he does move me....

I can;t wait for this EP...new Clay recordings? How can any fan not be thrilled by that!!!!

Lawd Jesus, with some of the blah blah going on at some boards about Clay's blog being/not being what he should've/didn't need to write,

and THEN my own peeps dissing my report from last night....

Clay and I DEFINITELY have a con-neck-shun now! I know how he feels..

tee hee.

It was pretty coherent. heee.

I love this banner as well. I voted for it although it was extremely tough and my top 3 choices were pretty much even.

I was thinking about all the Chill Town stuff going on and it hit me that at least I'm consistent. I'm not invested in a particular outcome. Clay could leave RCA and not get another contract or end up somewhere worse, or so small they can't even give him any promotion. Or he could leave there and end up some where they give him complete control and he ended up having amazing success or none at all. Or he could stay at RCA forever. Whatever happens really doesn't affect me...just Clay.

I feel the same way about this that I did about TBAF nastiness, for instance. Whatever is going on, CLAY CAN HANDLE IT. This is the same man that got out of 19 to a degree. At the end of it all, I hope the baby isn't thrown out with the bathwater like the hit TBAF took thanks to his adoring fans and to some of them the end justified the means. Now the investigations, scrutiny, suppositions, and theory becoming fact is being played out on boards all over, and not in semi privacy (HA). Wonder when Clive's office blueprints will turn up heh. And the same can be said for the mates endless fascination with the slimey underbelly of the internet. I can understand wanting to know what's going on, but engaging it, discussing it endlessly...I JUST DO NOT GET.

And on that note, I'm going to work. Happy Monday.

Yup, this banner was in my top three, although I ended up voting for Kayla's. What - is this supposed to be sekret ballot? I do know that the winner was disappointed not being able to enter the OFC, so her winning is a good thing. I have been encouraging people frm different countires to enter these competitions. Looks like I have to recruit more montage makers.

I am watching Megan Mullally and she has the Fanilows that she is so happy to greet. They were loud, but not so loud. Hmm is it a com-pet-tion? I am just about to leave and do my dog walking/banking/taxing/raking/home repair and dog park day. See you guys tonight or at breaks. Oh, yes, and Barry is lipsynching again. Does he ever sing live anymore? Guess this show was not delayed by live sound check.

Edited by playbiller

Yup, this banner was in my top three, although I ended up voting for Kayla's. What - is this supposed to be sekret ballot? I do know that the winner was disappointed not being able to enter the OFC, so her winning is a good thing. I have been encouraging people frm different countires to enter these competitions. Looks like I have to recruit more montage makers.

Thanks for being such a great PR person play...did this skill come naturally or did you learn it from being a Clay fan... :D

I was thinking about all the Chill Town stuff going on and it hit me that at least I'm consistent. I'm not invested in a particular outcome. Clay could leave RCA and not get another contract or end up somewhere worse, or so small they can't even give him any promotion. Or he could leave there and end up some where they give him complete control and he ended up having amazing success or none at all. Or he could stay at RCA forever. Whatever happens really doesn't affect me...just Clay.

Me too...Whatever happens...as long as Clay is happy...I'm satisfied. I guess that is the one big problem I have with the pod people...they have become so dogmatic about RCA, ATDW and the "promotional run". ITs either you believe something is fishy and should be upset and hating RCA or you are somewhat blind...

nah...I ain't blind...I just choose not to be miserable and angry about a situation I know nothing about and feel sorry for a guy that is looking so great...sounding so wonderful and seem to be happy and pleased with his life. Whatever comes down the road...he leaves RCA...he stays with RCA...he gets a grammy nod or not...he shacks up with Tyra or Kristy :P ...or someone else entirely... as long as the clack is coming in and he can keep in touch with us...I will be satisfied.

I've been highly amused at the whole turnaround on David Foster, since I seem to remember reading some pretty harsh posts about his music when Jaymes came on board as EP. Big wheels keep on turning... and so do hamster wheels. :P

BTW, I see from TWoP that Ruben is planning on touring early next year. I've been reading posters who say they are sure that Clay's sales and ATDW material won't support a tour, but apparently Ruben's will? HA!

Edited by bottlecap

nah...I ain't blind...I just choose not to be miserable and angry about a situation I know nothing about and feel sorry for a guy that is looking so great...sounding so wonderful and seem to be happy and pleased with his life.

I'm with you Ansamcw.

I've been highly amused at the whole turnaround on David Foster, since I seem to remember reading some pretty harsh posts about his music when Jaymes came on board as EP. Big wheels keep on turning... and so do hamster wheels.

So true, bottlecap. The lists of those who deserve enmity and those who deserve adulation seems to switch with ridiculous frequency.

Love Diane Sawyer...Hate Diane Sawyer.

Love Leno... Hate Leno... Love Leno...

Megan's on Clay's Special...Love her! Megan bought Ruben's CD... Evil witch! Megan was nice to Clay on her show! Go Megan!

Now it's time to hate Jimmy Kimmel. No, we love Jimmy Kimmel. Oh, no, Jimmy made a bad joke...down with Jimmy! Clay is on his show, Yay for Kimmel!

Sometimes, it makes my head spin!

Edited by JennaZ

I just want to say WORD WORD WORD WORD to Couchie and Ansa and bottlecap and JennaZ!!

Just more of the reasons I love this place!!

That is all.

Oh, except we haven't had anything decorating the new thread yet, so I thought I would post a couple of mucho goodo pictures! :D

nicebig.jpg

photo_clayaiken.jpg

chesthair.jpg