#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Well, Sony has not cancelled my order. If it goes through, I am sure I can help Claygasm with a non- Walmart version ofthe EP.

I keep hoping it will appear again, just to see some heads explode.

Really? that's interesting...did everyone else receive a cancellation or was it juts that one person from CV?

I don't see anyone on CV that got cancelled - who got cancelled?

Ah yes...I see that it is not actually a cancellation letter but a letter of intent. So no ones order actually got cancelled yet? yup wouldn;t it be funny if they actualy put it up again.

Hmm, you're right couchie - the only person I ever got mistaken for was Angela - which totally blindsided me.

Someone doth protest too much about not being a minion....

The evil Houston posse is just one of the best things ever...especially when we have member fly in from out of town...we aren't really close to each other (on East Coast terms) but on Texas terms we're just a hop, skip and a jump from each other...

OK this was from this morning and I forgot to submit...

Yes, Muski has a one track mind. Thank goodness.

Yep...

Eh, Sawyer needs a good shampoo and a haircut to bring the real hawtness back. I am soooo close to being done with Lost. Of course, by the time it comes back in February, my anger at the writers will have dissipated, and I will have forgotten just how frustrated this season has made me.

Oh Lost has confused and intrigued me from the start. I'm in and out all the time. My mind wanders watching that show..but not last night...thought it was great....but that's because of Sawyer. I usually like the "misunderstood" with the heart of gold characters...rather than the characters everybody thinks is good but he's really a slimeball.

Yup I would rather snuggle with Sawyer than Jack.

Last night was the first time I've been interested in Jack in a long time.

I think he really does appreciate "us," no matter our ages (or sex, as far as that goes).

sorry got all mixed up with the quoting and not sure who said this but...totally agree. I think one of the reasons I am here is that he treated all of his fans the same and seemed to love us all. I loved how he'd pick people of all ages, sizes, colors out to be part of the fan interaction.

So many posts...I have to do this in shifts...

Hey, I'm not the one who posted the link to the endless disturbing cat pictures, some of which may haunt my dreams. :blink:

Just for Fear, 'cause she likes the candycorn so much.

candycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gif

Thanks for the candy corn bottlecap! I just can't tell you how much I appreciate those visuals.

I am finally recuperating from my time in the cold rain on election day handing out ballots and flyers. Despite our work, my town is still in the dark ages and re elected the same ole same ole.

I've had to turn my friends into Clay fans as there are not very many that I know around here. So seven of us are going to Greensboro and I am the only one who follows Clay. Literally!

I will be eternally greatfull that Clay sang "Oh Beautiful Star" in Raleigh for their first concert . They actually knew that song and were so thrilled to hear him sing it. Thats why they are going to this concert.

Someone doth protest too much about not being a minion....

The evil Houston posse is just one of the best things ever...especially when we have member fly in from out of town...we aren't really close to each other (on East Coast terms) but on Texas terms we're just a hop, skip and a jump from each other...

Hop, skip and a jump = Track#12 to Track#15 if there isn't a wreck; rubbernecking adds 3 songs.

Still, I miss the time earlier this year when you were just 3 blocks away and one of the streets I'd have had to cross (& straddle a bit) was named Clay.

*stands next to JennaZ and waves*

Cool new interview from Singapore here. Text below:

American Idol 2 runner-up Clay Aiken when told he looks better and fitter: Are you saying I was ugly?

By Jeanmarie Tan

After more than a year away from the spotlight, Clay Aiken (left) is back with a new look, new album and, best of all, a new attitude.

The hiatus seems to have blessed the American Idol 2 runner-up with new found levity.

Where once he was bored, uncomfortable and guarded during media interviews, Aiken was all sweetness and light during a chat with The New Paper over the phone yesterday from his hometown of Raleigh, North Carolina.

The 27-year-old balladeer was unnaturally chirpy and gave interesting answers, while compliments on his handsome image were met with uproarious, disbelieving laughter.

When told it’s an extreme makeover from his geeky, scrawny American Idol days, he joked: “Are you try to say I was ugly before?”

According to Aiken, he grew his hair out due to his “laziness”.

“It’s been so long since I’ve done anything different, so I just decided not to cut it and see what happens. Maybe one day, I’ll grow it to my ankles. I’m not very good with style or fashion though, so I just sit back and let a team of highly-trained professionals make me look like this!”

To suggestions that he looks more buff than before, the reluctant heart-throb cracked up uncontrollably.

Did he work out?

“Oh Lord, no! I’m not the gym type. Wait, are you saying I’ve (become) fat? I’m trying to figure out if you calling me fat is a compliment,” he said, highly amused.

“I’m not sure how much I weigh now, but maybe it’s the ‘Freshman 15’ (a slang for the 15 pounds a college student usually piles on in his first year of college).

“So maybe it happened in my first year in this business.”

Aiken unveiled his new image at the American Idol 5 finals – which was made even more dramatic when he went onstage and sang with his impersonator-cum-fan Michael Sandecki, a spitting image of Aiken’s dweeby former self who almost went into convulsions upon seeing his idol in the flesh.

Aiken recalled: “It was like facing a time warp mirror. I had not met the young man until I got onstage, and the reaction that came from him…words cannot describe.

“I may have looked calm and cool on the outside, but inside I was like ‘Where’s the exit, how do I get out of here?’

“But it made for good TV, and it was an exciting night for me because I got to return to the show and be part of such a spectacular and funny routine.”

Maybe Aiken’s so cheery nowadays because he’s been on happy pills.

He openly admitted on Larry King’s talk show that he’s battling paralysing panic attacks and is taking anti-anxiety medication.

He said: “My family has never been one that is big on medication, mental help, therapy or counselling. So I was sceptical and hesitant when I started the treatment.

“Now, I’m not always so nervous in public, and I’m losing my hat more often.”

Even though Aiken claims he hasn’t suffered an attack recently, he’s still a “work in progress” because there’s no “miracle cure”.

SEXUALITY QUESTIONED

Not even bringing up the sensitive topic of his oft-speculated sexuality put a dent in Aiken’s aw-shucks armour.

Good Morning America host Diane Sawyer tried to get him to “come out of the closet” on national TV recently.

But he’s past feeling frustrated or annoyed after being dogged by gay rumours for the past three years.

He said: “There are journalists who want to make a name for themselves, who want the bigger story, so I go in always expecting someone to ask something controversial.

“But at least (during the Diane Sawyer interview), I went to a place where I said I’m done. I’m not talking and not addressing this anymore. I’m tired of fighting the fight. My job is to sing and perform and entertain people.”

Sure enough, his legion of loyal fans who call themselves Claymates are lapping up his latest album, A Thousand Different Ways, in which he covers 10 classic love songs and introduces four original tracks.

It has sold over 300,000 copies since its release last month, compared to his 2003 debut album Measure of a Man’s 2.8 million.

Aiken agrees that the public enthusiasm over albums by American Idol alumni have been waning over the years.

“The show continues to maintain its appeal, but after a while the market is saturated with this Idol, that Idol, this Idol. So for the newer Idols, it’s more important to make sure your album is phenomenal.”

But Aiken assured he won’t get another panic attack if A Thousand Different Ways doesn’t match up to the record-breaking sales figures he used to enjoy.

He said: “Everything happened so big and so early for me, that anything that comes after would be disappointing. It’s hard to sell 615,000 in your first week again.

“But I do feel this is like my first album again. We’re selling it with a normal amount of publicity and fanaticism. It’s a true test. But from now, anything I do is successful in my eyes.”

Yeah, there are a couple of irritating commentaries (Clay ws bored, uncomfortable and guarded in past interviews? And they can just feck off with the happy pills comment) I loved his answers. I love that this was given in the last few days, and he sounds very happy. I love his last statement:

“But I do feel this is like my first album again. We’re selling it with a normal amount of publicity and fanaticism. It’s a true test. But from now, anything I do is successful in my eyes.”

Wonder how they'll spin that?

Edited by luckiest1

Oh boy, do I get to start the spin? :laugh2: I thought that was actually a very good interview with new information: Not working out? (I beg to diffa); nervous at the AI5 finale (makes sense - he had been out of the public eye so long, and the new hair was a huge deal); "I’m losing my hat more often" (that sounds kind of smutty).

And my pod-influenced take on the interview: It's great that Clay is being promoted in Singapore (but why wasn't he getting this kinda fun, lightweight interviews in the North America press?)

Waves to the fabulously talented Scarlett, videographer extraordinaire, and tentatively whispers: Do you have anymore Toledo JBT footage?

Edited by bottlecap

*imagines Clay with his hair to his ankles*

*falls on floor laughing*

I love this interview. I think ya'll know I'm in total lust for goofy Clay, so the whole first part of the interview made me smile. I remember that first Singapore interview, where they DID call him bored and such; I'd rather have him being called "unnaturally chirpy." I'm glad we've gotten to hear more about the AI5 finale from his POV. Happy pills? Whatever. But the end of the interview, with his basically admitting that the publicity he got after MoAM was the anomaly (IMO), was priceless. I love this man.

Back to the "bored" vs. "unnaturally chirpy" thing for a second -- that's the problem with print interviews. We can't hear the tone of his voice, and unfortunately the interviewers can, and then take that with their own filters added. (IMO, fans tend to do the same thing...) Also, I think the cultural difference plays a big role in this. I could be wrong on that, though.

*smooches Scarlett*

ETA: From Simply Clay:

Clay sighting -- TV Guide 411 show!

Barry Manilow was being showcased on the show and they show a clip of CLAY singing.

The announcer makes a comment about Clay Aiken being the next Barry Manilow and asks Barry what he thinks.......Barry says that Clay is "a much better singer than I am....and that he can go far if that's what he wants to do."

Friday, November 10th at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT

Friday, November 10th at 4:00 p.m. ET/PT

Saturday, November 11th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT

Monday, November 13th at 3:00 p.m. ET/PT

couchie. you know the eHP had a party for the last two nights ('cause one night just won't do, yo!) and even though I'm normally the frickin' life of the party, I couldn't go because those psychos I work for wanted me to like, WORK, SOBs that they are. Do you know what my loyal minions did?

Why they partied without me! And called me up to mock me! You would fit right in!

I gotta work on their training...

Oh yeah, this is goooooooood...

Though I have to wonder, what the hell is a normal amount of fanaticism? We only sip the Kool-Aid instead of guzzle it down? Flying to LA for the day and waiting in two lines for 8 hours for a glimpse of our darlingest singin' man? Clearly, he loves us anti-pod people the best!

As the drumbeat of "If Clay's happy, it must be spin, spin, SPIN, SPIN, dammit!" continues, I do a variety of happy dances.

Oh boy, do I get to start the spin? :laugh2: I thought that was actually a very good interview with new information: Not working out? (I beg to diffa); nervous at the AI5 finale (makes sense - he had been out of the public eye so long, and the new hair was a huge deal); "I’m losing my hat more often" (that sounds kind of smutty).

And my pod-influenced take on the interview: It's great that Clay is being promoted in Singapore (but why wasn't he getting this kinda fun, lightweight interviews in the North America press?)

Waves to the fabulously talented Scarlett, videographer extraordinaire, and tentatively whispers: Do you have anymore Toledo JBT footage?

Oh I think the Pod People will say the whole article was spin.

Did he sound satisfied with the publicity he's had? Well, obviously that was spin because we all KNOW FOR A FACT that he is miserable and mad as hell at RCA/Clive/Roger for screwing him on the publicity front because of their evil agenda to destroy him. Hell, they were probably the ones who made them put in that happy pill remark - you know, the one that makes him seem as if he's cheery because of the pills and he's flying high now?? And of course they brought up the sexuality thing just to make Clay look evasive on that subject again.

Oh, by the way, did you all know that Clive was the one who told Diane Sawyer to try and make Clay come out on national TV? No? Well, I read it on another board and the poster said she heard that from "reliable sources" so it must be true! ;)

You have to remember, that Clay always speaks in code. Please never take what he has to say at face value. If he seems happy, its really just spin. You know, he has been mandated to put on a happy face for publicity purposes - what little publicity they are deeming to give him. If he says the word "we" he really means "Clive made me do it". If he laughs, he's really crying inside. Its important to always wear your top secret decoder ring whenever listening to or reading an interview with Clay. If you don't, you will end up ignorant and delusional thinking that Clay actually means what he says.

The above was brought to you by Snark Is Us, a non-Pod People organization. Bringing you Reality through Snark.

Edited by Claygasm

okay....you guys are CMSU and it's too early in the morning for all this jolly crap. <_<

Wait a minute....let me pick up my jaw off the floor from seeing Scarlett here! :o And then let me dance and sing praises to a myriad of deities in thanks! :00000442:

Wait another minute....it's getting pretty crowded in here :unsure: We might have to start a wait list.

Admin? :ph34r:

Ooops? Did I say that out loud?

Ooops! I thought it was a PM.

Ooops, I did it again.... (Muski does her best Britney impersonation, easier now that Britney's fleshed out a little...)

I love this place and the people in it. So there.

*stands next to JennaZ and waves*

OMG I'm two pages behind...never thought I'd be able to say that over her...heh. But have to do this before running off to work....SQUEEEEEEEZES Scarlett real tight.....vows never to let her go.

Maybe I do protest too much KAndre, but does minionhood come with access to the wonder that is the Houston Posse? That would be a point in your favor.

I don't wanna go to work. I want to be filthy rich and stay at home and play on message boards and follow Clay around to all his concerts. Oops...I'm awake now.

As the drumbeat of "If Clay's happy, it must be spin, spin, SPIN, SPIN, dammit!" continues, I do a variety of happy dances.

Is that sung to the tune of "if you're happy and you know it, clap you hands?"

You have to remember, that Clay always speaks in code. Please never take what he has to say at face value. If he seems happy, its really just spin. You know, he has been mandated to put on a happy face for publicity purposes - what little publicity they are deeming to give him. If he says the word "we" he really means "Clive made me do it". If he laughs, he's really crying inside. Its important to always wear you top secret decoder ring whenever listening to or reading an interview with Clay. If you don't, you will end up ignorant and delusional thinking that Clay actually means what he says.

The above was brought to you by Snark Is Us, a non-Pod People organization. Bringing you Reality through Snark.

Claygasm, I wuv you. Gave me my first true belly laugh of the morning, and I have to have at least two a day.

I don't wanna go to work. I want to be filthy rich and stay at home and play on message boards and follow Clay around to all his concerts. Oops...I'm awake now.

Why do you think I play a couple of dollars on the lottery every week? Because this is my dream! It's not my husband's dream, of course...but eh. I'd allow him to go to things that HE wants to do. So there.

Temasek, who is actually from Singapore, posted this comment on the CH about the interviewer:

This JeanMarie Tan was the same journalist who interviewed Clay

for the same newspaper, for the MOAM promo. That first interview

was BAD!!!! So, we were very unhappy here to see her name for this

interview again.

Instead of shedding light on the tone of some of the interviewer's comments, let's pod this bit of news:

Well, of course RCA would pick her again to talk to. Only hostile, hatah journalists and websites need apply to speak to Clay. D' Oh! Spin, spin, spin... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

*luckiest1 staggers in, clothes torn, face bloodied and battered*

My God! I feel as though I was just swarmed and attacked by a horde of evil pod people! :angry:

*envisions Greg from CSI being kicked by a gang of people wearing black hoods* :blink:

Yeah, that's it exactly! ::shudders:: How silly of me to venture outside of the sanctuary of these walls. I won't be doing that again. And if I do, someone please smack me.

Well, hopefully the long distance telephone rates are high enough to keep some people from calling the newspaper and notifying them that only AMERICAN journalists can make fun of Clay Aiken. I think it's called an 'exclusive'.

Imagine! Saying that Clay seems happy and confident these days!

Puh-leeze. :glare:

*luckiest1 staggers in, clothes torn, face bloodied and battered*

My God! I feel as though I was just swarmed and attacked by a horde of evil pod people! :angry:

*envisions Greg from CSI being kicked by a gang of people wearing black hoods* :blink:

Yeah, that's it exactly! ::shudders:: How silly of me to venture outside of the sanctuary of these walls. I won't be doing that again. And if I do, someone please smack me.

You're a brave, brave woman, taking on the Pod People like that! :o

Foolish perhaps, but brave! ;)

And Muski - there's always e-mail...... :lol: