#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Well people wouldn;t be surprised that I liked that interview. I knew she was the one who did the MOAM articel where she called Clay a Diva. This article is a vast improvement and shows me that this writer does tend to go for the edgy and confrontational style. The point is..Clay impressed her with his attitude and seem to have made a conquest.

There are so many points here that I love. But the best thing about it...it sound like CLay is still the same old Clay that started this journey...he still hates the gym, he is still snarky, he is still humble and has a very realistic and healthy view of his career. Yup...he is now building his career from a more normal level and everything from this point is an upward trajectory...shows me he is is optimistic and also ambitious with his career.

And my pod-influenced take on the interview: It's great that Clay is being promoted in Singapore (but why wasn't he getting this kinda fun, lightweight interviews in the North America press?)
Oh I bet this is coming down the line. I think they are just letting the interest in the rumors and sexuality die down. If they had more print media planned I would target that for January if they are goign to support a song to radio that is.

Back to the "bored" vs. "unnaturally chirpy" thing for a second -- that's the problem with print interviews. We can't hear the tone of his voice, and unfortunately the interviewers can, and then take that with their own filters added. (IMO, fans tend to do the same thing...) Also, I think the cultural difference plays a big role in this. I could be wrong on that, though.

WORD..specially this overseas phone interviews could be very awkward with an inexperienced artist.

The announcer makes a comment about Clay Aiken being the next Barry Manilow and asks Barry what he thinks.......Barry says that Clay is "a much better singer than I am....and that he can go far if that's what he wants to do."
Awww Barry is a good guy...super cheesy...but a good guy.

“But I do feel this is like my first album again. We’re selling it with a normal amount of publicity and fanaticism. It’s a true test. But from now, anything I do is successful in my eyes.”

Though I have to wonder, what the hell is a normal amount of fanaticism? We only sip the Kool-Aid instead of guzzle it down? Flying to LA for the day and waiting in two lines for 8 hours for a glimpse of our darlingest singin' man? Clearly, he loves us anti-pod people the best!

As the drumbeat of "If Clay's happy, it must be spin, spin, SPIN, SPIN, dammit!" continues, I do a variety of happy dances.

All I know is that unless I hear from Clay that he is not happy...I will be happy that he says he is!!! I just don't buy the image that Clay is a pissed pill popping pathetic puppet of Clive...

The above was brought to you by Snark Is Us, a non-Pod People organization. Bringing you Reality through Snark.

BWAH....good one Claygasm...Bringing you reality through snark since 2006...tres cool!!!

Wait another minute....it's getting pretty crowded in here :unsure: We might have to start a wait list.

Admin? :ph34r:

Ooops? Did I say that out loud?

Ooops! I thought it was a PM.

Ooops, I did it again.... (Muski does her best Britney impersonation, easier now that Britney's fleshed out a little...)

I love this place and the people in it. So there.

BWAH...yeah those pm and reply buttons can be very confusing...even admins can get mixed up at times... :D

Maybe I do protest too much KAndre, but does minionhood come with access to the wonder that is the Houston Posse? That would be a point in your favor.

UH OH...is she about to cave???

As the drumbeat of "If Clay's happy, it must be spin, spin, SPIN, SPIN, dammit!" continues, I do a variety of happy dances.

Is that sung to the tune of "if you're happy and you know it, clap you hands?"

pee in my pants funny... :lol:

I had to post to wave at Scarlett! EEE, so glad to see you here!

Yup, the spin is being spun. Silly me, I think Clay's one happy, happy guy these days. (Off to hide before the Pod People find me.)

Hee ...you worried they will discover your secret identity... ;)

Instead of shedding light on the tone of some of the interviewer's comments, let's pod this bit of news:

Well, of course RCA would pick her again to talk to. Only hostile, hatah journalists and websites need apply to speak to Clay. D' Oh! Spin, spin, spin... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Wow...creative spinning...we should give them some scoring system...break it down to score for level of delusion, illogical thinking and just plain nutso.

HEY scarlett...glad you got your posting feet wet...hope you can join in more.

((((luckiest1)))) yup pod people can be pretty relentless in beating in their spin theories...

take a breather...listen to ATDW...I recommend....WISYS...

KAndre, knowing that "Snark Is Us" is a completely reliable organization, having received the Indifferent Housekeeping Seal of Approval, pulls out her handy dandy Clive Davis filter (patent pending)...

See that's where I went wrong before, Now I clearly see where Clay agrees that I will make an excellent dictator. And he shall give me private concerts.

Good Moprning, or afternoon depending on where you are.

Do you remember in the movie about the pod people how there were some that figured it out and they clung to gether for safety. The problem and where they lost is when they fall asleep. So I have been trying to keep things going by staying up all night when others are sleeping.

As to Barry not goingto comment on face lifts, which singers should never get, sigh, barry has only had the nicest things to say about Clay and often volunteers them without being asked. I do think the people who want Clay to become a rock star (giggles at the thought seem to be insulted by Barry's complements.

Sometimes I wonder why the spinmasters don't have their head fall right off from spinning so much. Not everything means something. Well, at least the blog was not torn apart for days, or are we not done with that yet?

Do you think that Clay talking about normalpubility and fan fanticism was sending a message about cool it? I can spin too, I can be a grown up mind reader with out the mind like others!

Oh well...at this point, I say let them have the old haunts...as long as we can have our own spot to just EEEEEEEEEEEEEE and celebrate everything Clay. In a way I feel sad for the pod people cos they can;t seem to just be happy with whats happening...everything goes through the Clive is evil filter and just makes everything all muddy.

I read the interview again...and I do not mind the happy pill comment cos it was phrased as a question....as a lead in to the panic attack issue.

Still totally love that last paragraph....I always believe that Clay don't want to be at superstar level so quick and easy. I think he always knew that MOAM and his first year and a half was an anomaly thats why he never really trusted the level of fame he had. Right now he knows that he does have a strong core base...but he cannot just rely on them to sell multiplat all the time. I think he sees his promo as normal and is satisfied because a) he knows there is a long term plan B) he has a more realistic veiw of his career c) he was in on the promo plan from the very beginning and has approved all steps involved...specially since the cost will come from his cut of the sales.

I do hope this article means he might visit Asia to further promote this CD internationally...That will be soooo cool.

*luckiest1 staggers in, clothes torn, face bloodied and battered*

*hands luckiest1 a sewing kit, some iodine and some bandaids* We'll take care of you here, don't worry.

There are so many points here that I love. But the best thing about it...it sound like CLay is still the same old Clay that started this journey...he still hates the gym, he is still snarky, he is still humble and has a very realistic and healthy view of his career. Yup...he is now building his career from a more normal level and everything from this point is an upward trajectory...shows me he is is optimistic and also ambitious with his career.

EXACTLY! Regular guy Clay, the man who is trying to keep himself grounded in the crazy business he's in, came through in this interview loud and clear. Yes, he has ambition, but he also knows that what happened a few years ago was not the norm, and he really wasn't expecting that again, IMO.

Can I just interject here right now that I LOVE him????

Sometimes I wonder why the spinmasters don't have their head fall right off from spinning so much.

I read that and just visualized Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Heh.

And for some reason, I think the subtitle of this thread should be "...and that's no spin-o."

:P

MCWL Listening Party!!!!! It's not tonight, as previously announced, but will be on Saturday, November 18. In this instance, we're going to do the entire album in one sitting...but with only 10 minutes a song. (I might stretch DSIAFCD and MCWL a little, since those are the two longest songs on the album). But, with 10 minutes per song, that's exactly a 2 hour party. I think it will begin at 9:00 p.m. EST.

Also, plan ahead...there will be a listening party for the AIW EP! I believe the date for it will be Friday, December 8. (I've checked...there's no concert that night...)

More information on these last two items will be forthcoming shortly!

Nice to see you here, scarlett!

Love your take, Claygasm! :lol: Because of course, the idea that Clay might be anything but despondent is completely unfathomable.

"But I do feel this is like my first album again. We’re selling it with a normal amount of publicity and fanaticism. It’s a true test. But from now, anything I do is successful in my eyes.”

Clay seems to have a much better sense of perspective than many of his fans. I don't see any messages or code in it, just a realistic assessment of where he is in the grand scheme of things.

I actually loved this interview, despite the few off-putting comments, because it does sound as if Clay won over the journalist. He comes across as sincere, grounded, and, well, happy.

I can believe that Clay is in a good place now, and not because of anti-depressants. He's still selling CD's including the Wal-Mart Christmas exclusive (which hopefully, will come with some store promotion). The Christmas concerts seem to be doing fairly well with three sell-outs so far, and he could be excited to begin those soon. He had successful appearances on Leno, Kimmel, The View, Martha Stewart, Megan Mullalley, and Tyra, where fans showed up in great numbers to demonstrate their affection and support. He has DOOL coming up and the AMA, and he's recorded Christmas songs to be aired in December. The BAF has some new developments as well. And that's just what we know. We don't know whether he has other exciting plans for this year or next (although he has promised a tour), and we certainly cannot (and probably should not) know what positive things might be happening for him on the personal front.

And you know, maybe he doesn't feel the need to dominate the music scene. Maybe he'd be content with a comfortable career that pays the bills but doesn't make him a prisoner to his fame. I'll admit, I'd love him to become an international superstar, but I wouldn't want him to lose his soul, passion, or integrity to do it. As much as I love his music, I value his happiness more than his success.

Here's a little nugget from CV to chew over. Apparently, Josh Groban's regular guitarist (Tariq? Something) is currently working with Christina Aguilera. So who's been filling in for Groban's TV appearances? Andy Abad. Groban has a Tonight Show gig on 11/16 - next Thursday. Clay has Regis & Kelly on 11/17 - the very next day. Can Andy catch the red eye and do both the gigs on opposite coasts, or will another guitarist have to fill in for one of the appearances? If so, who gets the substitute? Will Clay even sing on Friday, and if he does, might it be to a track instead of the live band? I very seldom have the opportunity (or the desire) to actually watch R&K, so I don't know what the usual co-host m.o. is.

And you know, maybe he doesn't feel the need to dominate the music scene. Maybe he'd be content with a comfortable career that pays the bills but doesn't make him a prisoner to his fame. I'll admit, I'd love him to become an international superstar, but I wouldn't want him to lose his soul, passion, or integrity to do it. As much as I love his music, I value his happiness more than his success.
WORD. I mean instant huge superstar fame is not conducive to a happy life...One example of seemingly overnight International superstardom...Britney Spears...need I say more!!!

Here's a little nugget from CV to chew over. Apparently, Josh Groban's regular guitarist (Tariq? Something) is currently working with Christina Aguilera. So who's been filling in for Groban's TV appearances? Andy Abad. Groban has a Tonight Show gig on 11/16 - next Thursday. Clay has Regis & Kelly on 11/17 - the very next day. Can Andy catch the red eye and do both the gigs on opposite coasts, or will another guitarist have to fill in for one of the appearances? If so, who gets the substitute? Will Clay even sing on Friday, and if he does, might it be to a track instead of the live band? I very seldom have the opportunity (or the desire) to actually watch R&K, so I don't know what the usual co-host m.o. is.

HMMMM very interesting...maybe he can get Danny to play for him instead....Ouch...don't throw things at me!!!

bitch bitch bitch - Son=y just cancelled my order. I wonder if they would have noticed and cancelled if no one told them?

(((Play))) so Walmart it is...sigh...

Well pooh! Now I have to decide if Clay Christmas songs are worth comprising my principles! :glare:

I think its quite obvious that this is all part of Clive's evil plot to destroy Clay. I mean, sure Walmart is the nation's #1 retailer, but a lot of people are boycotting Walmart right now so that is sure to impact his sales.

Its really all so clear when you look through your special Clive is Evil decoder glasses. ;)

ETA: Since I have an evil streak in me, I just had an evil thought. Wouldn't it be fun to watch Pod People heads explode around the Clay Nation IF, at the end of his contract with RCA, Clay CHOSE to re-sign with them??? I mean, those-who-know-all are so sure he is miserable with them and so sure they done him wrong and that he can't wait for his obligation to them to be over, yada, yada, yada. I can't imagine what the carnage would be like if he chose to re-up with RCA!! Just how would they spin that??? Clive's gun he had been holding at Clay's head would no longer have any bullets in it! Do you think maybe then they would have to admit that maybe Clay has actually been really truly happy with RCA???? B)

Edited by Claygasm

Jenna, I see someone else has already "WORDED" your words...but they jumped out at me when I read your post as being at the heart of everything.

Claygasm. Evil?

Pshaw... B)

Edited by muskifest

Jenna, I see someone else has already "WORDED" your words...but they jumped out at me when I read your post as being at the heart of everything.

That goes for me too.

It really all boils down to that, doesn't it? WHAT DOES CLAY WANT? (Excuse the shouting...) I, as a fan, have no idea...nor should it be any of my business, really. I just want the man happy, and I can easily put aside MY needs for his, if it comes to that.

As for Claygasm's evil thoughts...move over, honey, because I've had that thought in my head for SEVERAL months now. As a matter of fact, I've placed an order for a "protect your clothing from head explosions" apron. Do I need to place an order for more?

Honestly...it could be exactly at the CTers say. It could be that Clay would stay at RCA until he's 85. The point I keep coming back to again and again is -- "is this my job to worry about that?" I really don't think so. Instead, I'll just keep listening to his voice, watch him on my TV, and buy almost anything that has his name or picture on it. He's my joy in my life, not my job.

Yeah, using the Gregory blog or the Ruben Rolling Stone explanation as proof that Clay lies ignores important distinctions. In those two situations, it was clearly done to protect someone. Who is Clay protecting now? The multi-national corporation who is allegedly destroying his life?

Some seem to argue that he's lying to protect his own career, out of self-interest. People seem to claim that Clay is faking his feelings, out of fear of label retribution or because expressing displeasure would cost him sales. That's a very type of different motivation, and I have yet to see proof that he's lied for those reasons before. While I agree that it would be unwise for him to lash out against the label in a public way, I find it a bit of a stretch to believe that every statement of satisfaction, contentment or happiness is a complete fabrication. Quite frankly, I don't like the implication that all his smiles are fraudulent.

(And please don't take this post anywhere.)

Honestly...it could be exactly at the CTers say. It could be that Clay would stay at RCA until he's 85. The point I keep coming back to again and again is -- "is this my job to worry about that?" I really don't think so. Instead, I'll just keep listening to his voice, watch him on my TV, and buy almost anything that has his name or picture on it. He's my joy in my life, not my job.
WORD...and if the opposite does happen and Clay announces that he has left RCA...no need for the Pod people to go neener neener...COS I really don't know what is happening to Clay beyond what he willingly tells us. So yeah...maybe they are right...but living in constant negativity and whining and anger does not help anything. Constanty second guessing TC and reinterpreting Clay's words and undermining their efforts are very counterproductive to supporting Clay. Clay says he is happy..I'm happy.

I find it a bit of a stretch to believe that every statement of satisfaction, contentment or happiness is a complete fabrication. Quite frankly, I don't like the implication that all his smiles are fraudulent.

When Clay smiles, his whole heart and soul light up.

You can't fake that.

ETA: I hope the NYC riot police are ready! Saw this at EAYOR:

From the public page at the OFC:

Clay to Light UNICEF Snowflake in New York City!

By Team Clay

UNICEF Snowflake lighting ceremony in New York City on Saturday, November 18 at the intersection of 57th Street and Fifth Avenue. The UNICEF Snowflake, designed by Ingo Maurer with 16,000 Baccarat crystal prisms, will be illuminated by UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken to kick off the holiday season.

Edited by Claygasm