#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

I read the MSNBC in whole when someone copied it to idol babble, Seems very pleasant towards Clay, but I think it cuts a lot of others short. The article seems to assume that people must be stars right away or just die and it lays all failure on them. Of course, we overinformed know that the idols cannot come off the show running without permission (see Kellie and her publicity, even thought she was dropped off), so 19 had an idea to hire her already and allowed her visibility.

The comments aimed at Constantine are purely thier opinion, (shared by many though). I saw him as very ambitions and willing to sell his soul for this thing in the way he got his band to act in the little pre-hollywood skit of him quitting, quite similar to Daughtry's skit. I think he speaks too quickly before things are cemented and hung around AI5 way too much. But he is keeping employed and who knows what his future holds.

Best example is Jennifer Hudson - written off and expected to go back to cruise ships, is now a principle of Dream Girls an this is another great opportunity. You just can't write these people off at such a young age.

UNCC picture - how can anyone concentrate on hair or clothes when Clay is wearing a smile that is so open and so joyous?

AWWWW I just loved that UNCC picture...I couldn't figure out what it is I loved about it and Playbiller was right ...it was that luminuos smile ..that relaxed, casual and oh so confident stance...

I know some people are caomplaining abut his attire (like we have any right to complain, that is his business IMO)...but since he was the Young alumnus awardee..I thought it was so appropriate that he wasn;t looking as formal as the others. He makes me think of eccentric millionaires that knows he does not need to kowtow to anybody so dresses as he pleases.

muski, good thing he's not underaged anymore.....

Sorry, in my book, Clay is not dressed appropriately for an occasion that was described as an "Annual Awards Gala". If an event has "Gala" or "Banquet" in the title, you should be wearing a suit, particularly if you are one of the honorees. None of the women in his life must have seen him before he left the house.

I guess I should be glad he's not wearing a hoodie and pajama pants... :P

===============================

ETA: The high school picture I was thinking of earlier:

Kid28.jpg

Edited by bottlecap

None of the women in his life must have seen him before he left the house.

Hee...wonder if Faye made him write in the spiral notebook when she saw him:

"I will NOT embarrass my mama by dressing inappropriately in public."

:lol:

Gotta agree to a degree here. If this is indeed a picture of the Gala itself and not some pre-event impromptu pic, I'd say Clayton needed to be more mindful of the context of this appearance. But who knows? Maybe this is before or after the actual ceremonies, you know?

Or maybe Erin Cates is waiting for him with his too-small tux so that he can (gulp) change in the car? :unsure:

Clayoutstandingalumni3.jpg

Oh but the others look so much older...not his peers at all.

Well never mind Clay you are the cutest among those people....

I am curious about how he ended up in this occassion in just jeans. There must be some back story. As much as I personally love it...I do agree it was inappropriate. But it does not really affect fans cos this is not really a "public" appearance. It would affect his family though...Faye can;t be too happy with that outfit but what can she do...he is a grown up afterall...

love those HS Clay pictures...he was totally cute in high school...

Didn't he use that for proud of your boy video too? :D

He's sure not shy about recycling his clothes....

I just had a thought. Maybe he was wearing a blazer earlier in the night and got too hot afterwards...

My goodness, people certainly seem obsessive about his clothes. Well I think that all people who object to his clothes should deny him any right to a meet and greet with them to punish him appropriately! Give me enought time and I will think of more ways for you to punish him and punish him good (no, touching is not involved! Make it more like denying him you prescence, heh - Hey the punishment should not be fun for you? Doesn't it always hurt the punisher more then the punished?).

Look, he is happy, on some off time, doing who knows what - reading up for the president's commission, doing some BAF work, whatever. Lots of events have misleading names and Clay may not have actually attended the "gala" but showed up at an office for a picture. I don't see lots of people dancing around him, so where is the gala? I just wonder why people need to find the flaw, instead of generally giving him the benifit of the doubt that he was not inappropriate. I don't know the set up forthe picture, so I don't really care about clothes. It is not like he was meeting the president of the US in jeans or shorts, like some people did earlier this year.

Edited by playbiller

Play, I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know I'm just having fun with the pictures. Not taking Clay's wardrobe choices personally atall....it's just a riot, IMO, to see how very little the man has changed from who he was....who he's always been....it's what he's been trying to tell people all this time just by walking his talk...some of us have always felt good about who that is and have believed him...others?

well...never mind them! :P

Hell, I'm sorta surprised he wasn't wearing flip flops! Stinky ones at that! :lol: But DANG! His hair is really long, isn't it? Makes my fingers twitch with the need to sink themselves in that mane and just....

:)

Lordy, Lordy....cornsilk, indeed....

Interesting MSNBC article. I do think that as the seasons progress and the number of ex-idols increases, the cache diminishes somewhat, especially when so many get a record deal. If I were a contestant, I would look at the show more as an opportunity than a guarantee. Exposure on the show opens doors you never would have had without it. However, prolonged stardom in not a sure thing.

Kellie has a development deal for a sitcom, but she still has to prove she can act, and the script still has to be funny. Bigger stars than her have crashed and burned on TV, something Constantine didn't even have the chance to discover.

I'll admit, I am surprised that RCA/BMG allowed so many idols to release albums before Taylor. It does make me wonder about their belief in him, and whether the label just views these releases as fast money. Grouping the release dates together seems to dilute the impact, and makes it tougher for each to distinguish themselves from the idol brand. You know press comparisons are inevitable. My guess is that the label just wants to cash in during the holiday shopping season, so much so that they're not willing to hold back Katherine, Chris and Kellie's releases until after Taylor's.

You guys know that Clive Davis picked out Clay's outfit, don't you?

Interesting MSNBC article. I do think that as the seasons progress and the number of ex-idols increases, the cache diminishes somewhat, especially when so many get a record deal. If I were a contestant, I would look at the show more as an opportunity than a guarantee. Exposure on the show opens doors you never would have had without it. However, prolonged stardom in not a sure thing.

Kellie has a development deal for a sitcom, but she still has to prove she can act, and the script still has to be funny. Bigger stars than her have crashed and burned on TV, something Constantine didn't even have the chance to discover.

I'll admit, I am surprised that RCA/BMG allowed so many idols to release albums before Taylor. It does make me wonder about their belief in him, and whether the label just views these releases as fast money. Grouping the release dates together seems to dilute the impact, and makes it tougher for each to distinguish themselves from the idol brand. You know press comparisons are inevitable. My guess is that the label just wants to cash in during the holiday shopping season, so much so that they're not willing to hold back Katherine, Chris and Kellie's releases until after Taylor's.

JennaZRemember when Paula and Randy seemed so upset that Clay got to release his album before Ruben? This season there will have been, what 3 AI5 albums released before the winners.

I just had a thought. Maybe he was wearing a blazer earlier in the night and got too hot afterwards...

interesting thought, and one I had not considered.

Ya'll talking about Clay's clothes when he's standing next to a man wearing a pimp suit? Heee

Yay for the award.

BWAH! And Hooray for the award too! I'm so proud. *sniff*

Play, I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know I'm just having fun with the pictures. Not taking Clay's wardrobe choices personally atall....it's just a riot, IMO, to see how very little the man has changed from who he was....who he's always been....it's what he's been trying to tell people all this time just by walking his talk...some of us have always felt good about who that is and have believed him...others?

well...never mind them! :P

Exactly! Clay's gonna do what Clay's gonna do. I love him for that. Jeans and all.

Hell, I'm sorta surprised he wasn't wearing flip flops! Stinky ones at that! :lol: But DANG! His hair is really long, isn't it? Makes my fingers twitch with the need to sink themselves in that mane and just....

After reading playbiller's post about people visiting the White House last year, I thought about the flip flops too. I then double checked the picture. I mean, he COULD have been wearing flip flops.

First of all, in high-res -- good Lord, I need sunglasses just to look at the guy in the pimp suit. Man, that thing is BRIGHT.

Secondly, though -- forget Clay's clothes. He looks so happy, and so at peace. Therefore, I'm happy.

And I must say...I like the hair. It's funky. That makes it cool IMO. And I always love him in glasses.

Well, that explains ALL the uproar! :o :blink:

Details for the MCWL Listening party are here. Set aside Saturday, November 18, 2006 as we listen to Clay singing holiday classics as a board. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Sorry if I sounded too harsh, but there are some people who think Clay is too old to listen to his mother, yet they are criticizing Clay for his clothes - the irony like he should listen to them. Maybe I am getting to sensitized to Clay criticism and should step back a while.

Saturday, I should not be on too late, I have to go to a cousins, daughter's shower, that I met once. She registered for a bunch of gifts, but they all seem to be 300 dollar all clad pots and 600 thread kingsized sheets for like 200 dollars and desinger towels. Sort of out of my budget. I need to think of something she will need that I can afford, while ignoring her registry - there were a few, very few, cheaper things, but they are all purchased already.

Look it is fall already, wouldn't Clay be in mandals by now ith filp flops long gone?

I guess there is no home work for this discussion Saturday. .

Edited by playbiller

Hi everyone.

((((( waves and hugs to everybody ))))) and you to Bottle.

I have missed everyone. I feel so out of the loop. I have been wrapped up in that padded white room with those little clingy jackets (not really, just been working in the hospital, listening to the doctors drone on and drone on and on and on and on...)

I really really feel out of the loop. Will somebody please catch me up on what in the world is happening, you know the clift note versions.

Thank you all,

Talk to you later, Gators.

G

I have been away from the computer all day, but I got a call from my glasses hating friend and she was a might upset by that picture. I hadn't seen it yet, but she was screaming about how awful it was.

I've seen worse of Clay.

I am not a fan of glasses, but in that picture you can barely see them.

Yes, the outfit seems inappropriate for the occassion.

Frankly, he looks like he was running late and just fell out of bed and grabbed whatever clothes were lying in a pile on the floor and ran out the door.

Muski, is that what happened???? ;):lol:

But you all are right - the smile makes up for the look. He does have an amazing smile! :)

Hee! The funny thing is, just the other day I read on another board that its is FACT that Clay is told what to wear by the label every day of the album cycle! (Also what to say, when to smile, laugh, frown, look serious, breathe, eat, sleep, go to the bathroom etc..... B) ) So it must be true! Clive told Clay to dress like that just to embarrass him and hammer yet another nail into the coffin holding what's left of Clay's career! :P

ETA: I hope his hair goes back to how it was in my avie when he tapes DOOL. I know I am shallow, but that's already been established! :P Lots and lots of new people will see him on DOOL and I want him to look Kimmel hot!

Edited by Claygasm

I'm going to hell, I know...but in that high res picture, the man's jeans are...his hands are folded infront of him, yes....that's true, but still....the man's jeans...seem to be...rather...

tight there in front.

and whatnot.

And when I tear my eyes away from that area, I can't seem to figure out the way these jeans are hanging on his...

HIPS, Y'ALL! I was going to say HIPS! :glare:

I mean, the pocket's weird and it looks as though the back of the jeans are barely clinging to his butt...(Lord) Of course, I've never been one who goes on and on about Clay's butt. Frankly, I don't think he has much of one.

Which defies laws of physics when you get right down to it.

AWWWW this is my favorite look ever.

His glasses look like these very expensive very light and almost invisible style thats around 600 dollars a pair.

I think this is the look for this second wave of promos.

See I don;t get some fans like your friend claygasm...thats why I was cringing about people complaining...its like this photo shoot was for them...it wasn't Clay was on his down time. This was not really for the larger publics consumption ...so why should people take it personal.

See to me there is a difference with people commenting that Clay;s outfit does not seem to fit the occassion and wanting to see another hairstyle. Thats just opinion and we are being objective about it. But when people get upset about it...and call him clueless and seem to be angry at him or act superior is another matter to me altogether. His whole life is not about promo...and photo op...even if it is...his image...the look he wants to convey is entirely up to him

Claygasm, your friend needs an intervention. It's hair. And Clay has always ALWAYS treated it irreverently. Hasn't she seen the old pictures. The only thing I can say with any confidence about Clay is that his hair will always be a work in progress.

And as long as he doesn't go back to the mohawk I am perfectly ok with that. LOL.

ETA: who made up the rule that you have to bold people's name...heee.... oh and to acknowledge that your friend was upset about the entire look, not just the hair. heee. I love glasses Clay. Why don't we bold his name heee.

Oh, dear! My hubby just reminded me that he's flying to Texas on business tomorrow morning until Friday night! I'd forgotten!

Hmmm....

er....couchie? Care to join me at Casa Muski Friday after work? Some brew and some woo hoo over Clay's yoo hoo? Ooh! Ooh! Maybe there'll be a download by then of Clay on Regis and Kelly and I can burn it on a DVD and we can watch it on the big tv?

(I seem to be infected with the "Bad Rhyme Bug"..heh)

B)