#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

I guess I haven't had any reason to critisize Mr. Aiken as I am often lax in my manor of dress. The last five years of being self-employed I had moved my office to my home. The living room was turned into a reception area to work with my clients as the office was and still is quite messy. No one ever complained that I was in sweats or jeans not that I cared if they were offended, I just tried to do the best job i could for them.

I saw someone post that Clay was dishonoring the award by his manor of dress. Jeez give me a break. If the alumni didn't like it they didn't have to take his picture. As a mother of two sons I thought he looked great. One of my sons has his own business and has hair to his waist, recently dyed black. He dresses in jeans and tees with an occasional sports jacket thrown in for good measure. But he is clean, kind, respectful and will help anyone in need. To me that is all that is important.

Clay is also self-employed, RCA doesn't pay him a salary, and he only has himself to report to. He is clean, kind, well groomed, repectful and kind to others.

My other son is married to, how can I put this in a kind way, a bossy control freak. To me he rarely seems happy, but he has a short haircut, wears suits and ties.

So when I read posters whose names include hats and numbers ranting about hair I get a little hot under the collar. :angry:

See to me there is a difference with people commenting that Clay;s outfit does not seem to fit the occassion and wanting to see another hairstyle. Thats just opinion and we are being objective about it. But when people get upset about it...and call him clueless and seem to be angry at him or act superior is another matter to me altogether. His whole life is not about promo...and photo op...even if it is...his image...the look he wants to convey is entirely up to him

That's how I feel about it, too. Obviously people are going to have a "look" that they prefer to see him in, whether it has to do with hair or clothes or glasses or whatever. But I sincerely hope that he doesn't think "what will the fans think?" when he gets dressed. I just don't get being angry or upset just because he doesn't do what the generic "you" wants him to do.

My other son is married to, how can I put this in a kind way, a bossy control freak. To me he rarely seems happy, but he has a short haircut, wears suits and ties.

Loved that story. Perfect analogy!

I saw someone post that Clay was dishonoring the award by his manor of dress.

If I were to show this picture to my mother, this is exactly what she would say. She is a firm believer in "dressing for the occasion," and we've had several "discussions" about what is appropriate for, say, church wear. She thinks you're respecting God just by dressing up; I'm more concerned that people are listening to the message. Honestly, I haven't shown a picture of Clay to my Mom since his new hair -- again, she'd be saying "how can he stand those bangs? He should get a hair cut."

So, I guess for me, my gut reaction was a bit of my Mom talking. (You know that saying about turning into your Mother? I'm beginning to get to that stage. Frightens the crap out of me...) But, as I told someone in email yesterday, why complain about it now? There's nothing I can do NOW -- I don't have a wayback machine in order to turn back time to an hour before the dinner and stand in his closet to push clothes at him. (If I were in his closet...um, nevermind).

Besides, he looks happy and adorable. And that's all that really matters, isn't it?

ETA: clayaikenpix has new high res pictures of the Insider baby shower. If you've got a membership there, it's worth it to get the high res versions. Here's my favorite:

bshower-08.jpg

Claygasm, your friend needs an intervention. It's hair. And Clay has always ALWAYS treated it irreverently. Hasn't she seen the old pictures. The only thing I can say with any confidence about Clay is that his hair will always be a work in progress.

And as long as he doesn't go back to the mohawk I am perfectly ok with that. LOL.

ETA: who made up the rule that you have to bold people's name...heee.... oh and to acknowledge that your friend was upset about the entire look, not just the hair. heee. I love glasses Clay. Why don't we bold his name heee.

Couchie, I have said for the three years I have known my friend that she needs an intervention when it comes to Clay - especially concerning the glasses! :lol: But my friend is rather, shall we say, over the top about a lot of things. I love her dearly, but...... And I have told her this to her face more than once, so I am not talking behind her back.

Ask Muski. She known the friend of who I speak. ;)

While I never hesitate to say what I think about his looks, I LOVE that he doesn't seem to give a damn what he looks like when he's just being Clayton. For that matter, sometimes I wonder if he gives a damn what he looks like when he's being popstar Clay!

But to me, that's all part of his considerable charm. :)

While I never hesitate to say what I think about his looks, I LOVE that he doesn't seem to give a damn what he looks like when he's just being Clayton. For that matter, sometimes I wonder if he gives a damn what he looks like when he's being popstar Clay!

But to me, that's all part of his considerable charm. :)

WORD...I have to admit...I can't say I've like every fashion choice..every picture or every hair Clay has chosen. But I will always defend his right to make such choices and would never want him to change his quirky sense of style. I actually find I like most of his outfits and I get a kick when it turns out...some weird thing he does with his clotes turn out to be sme in thing for guys...remember the tucked in one side jersey's for invisible...turns out this is very common with college guys....who knew?

The funny thing is...I love the fact that Clay would get these stubborn streak in him and stick to a style just because someone wants him to change it. I remember when he didn;t shave during IT...That was just hilarious. Of course the disaster that was "Andy ick" hairstyle lasted longer in defiance of his mother...but I totally adore him for it. The floppy hats, the mandals and flip flop...the baggy shorts...wearing several layers of shirt at a time...these are soooo Clay and I hope he is always comfortable with himself.

After my stressful day as a teacher yesterday..I decided to treat myself to an hour or two of favorite Clay music...I updated my fave list...and now has immersed myself in his glorious voice.

I think I will start a thread about our favorite play list...I would like to see what people's ultimate lists for the concert performances.

Now...I always loved the Disney Christmas songs...so they are always in my fave list. But I realized my mp3 of these songs are really crappy...I was wondering if anyone out there has better quality recording and would like to share :D ...just wondering why mine would be so crappy since they were from a TV show...I would be forever grateful...

Another questions...what would be your best O Holy Night from JNT2005...I have one that is really beautiful but he sang it straight forward. I was wondering what would be the best with all the extra trimmings?

I will probably be back with more questions... :D

I can think of several explanations for Clay's dress for the awards event. He may have been told it was casual and "his" interpretation of "casual" was different than the others at the event. I have a personal example that I can share. Several years ago, my husband wanted me to attend an event being put on by a fraternal organization he belonged to. I asked him to find out how I should dress for the event. He asked other members who told him it was dressy and a cocktail dress or something similar would be appropriate. So, I go out shop for hours to find the "appropriate" dress. When we get to this event, all of the other women were dressed in what I would call business attire, or what I wore to work every day. Any of my day to day suits would have looked better than what I showed up in. Like Clay, I really stood out.

Another possibility, Clay was rushing to get to the event and walked out of the house without the suit he was planning to wear. He has mentioned his forgetfulness, actually that's the explanation that sounds the most like him, afterall, his foundation has had "Gala events and he's always worn suits to them. In the end it doesn't matter much to me, I'm proud of him for another honor being bestowed upon him, when I read about how he has used his celebrity, it occurs to me, the clothes don't make the man.

what would be your best O Holy Night from JNT2005...I have one that is really beautiful but he sang it straight forward. I was wondering what would be the best with all the extra trimmings?

I just happen to have a text file here at work with some of my favourites from the JNT05 listed. For OHN, I have written:

- lightnin Minneapolis (thriiiiill a' ho-ope, new ending)

- San Diego spot (beautiful, normal ending)

Hee, I believe I have the Minneapolis one on my iPod. He goes up at the end, which he only ever did the once, but I love it. I also have a JNT04 version on my iPod, because I love the arrangement he used that year.

As for the Disney Christmas files, I don't find that mine are bad quality at all. I have no idea where I got them, but when I get home I can do a yousendit or I can email them to you if you like.

what would be your best O Holy Night from JNT2005...I have one that is really beautiful but he sang it straight forward. I was wondering what would be the best with all the extra trimmings?

I just happen to have a text file here at work with some of my favourites from the JNT05 listed. For OHN, I have written:

- lightnin Minneapolis (thriiiiill a' ho-ope, new ending)

- San Diego spot (beautiful, normal ending)

Hee, I believe I have the Minneapolis one on my iPod. He goes up at the end, which he only ever did the once, but I love it. I also have a JNT04 version on my iPod, because I love the arrangement he used that year.

As for the Disney Christmas files, I don't find that mine are bad quality at all. I have no idea where I got them, but when I get home I can do a yousendit or I can email them to you if you like.

EEEEEEEEEE thanks...I will check the vault too to see if they have a different version of Disney mp3's

I will check the the minneapolis one...so what is your favorite JNT04 OHN???

MWAH!!!! these do sound better...YAY!!! Thanks

OMG....what a difference...Why was I suffering all this time listening to my crappy version...

EEEEEEEEE luv ya jmh123

Well, another rainy day to work inside again. You would actually think I had a clean house or something, but you would be wrong.

The big news for today is the hess trucks go on sale tomorrow.

Just finished watching Racheal Ray - Do people like her? She has sch an annoying voice and interupts her guests - she makes Martha look like a good interviewer - I think it is like that to me because Martha has a calmer voice. Anyway, Rachael had Ruben on for two segments, one to talk about his weight and the second to cook and talk about his weight - no singing. ?!?! Ruben did manage to hold his album cover up a few times and to try and talk over her, but not always successful. I guess it is exposure, but I don't really understand the point.

Well, I will look forward to Friday, but I have decided I am not the kind to wait out on line in the middle of the night for standby tickets with little chance of getting in (no ticket) in the fall in the cold. hangs head in shame I guess I am a bad fan.

Well, I will look forward to Friday, but I have decided I am not the kind to wait out on line in the middle of the night for standby tickets with little chance of getting in (no ticket) in the fall in the cold. hangs head in shame I guess I am a bad fan.

Hee, I could take your place.......if I lived near NYC. Hmmmmmphhhhh, one of these days I am going to get myself to a taping. As it is, I am not even going to be able to watch this one live, because, while I do have the day off work, it's to take my mom to an appointment in Toronto. Just like the day that Martha was on, when I was in the same type of situtation. So I figure this one is going to be as hawt as Martha, too. Heck, at least I'll have something to look forward to that evening!

Why is this interview making me nervous...the music does not bother me too much but they all sound the same. Very similar beat and style. Actually my girls playlist don't have this...the go more for Amreican Rejects, fall out boy, Kelly, Christina, Simple Plan. I find this type of music pretty boring. BUT I really don't think Clay's music fits in here. What type of radio station is this...is this top 40 CHR?

commercials...commercials...commercials....

When's Clay going to be on? :blink:

ETA: How did we find out about him being on here? Are we sure? WTF is playing on there now? :blink:

He has been mentioning Clay being on after 9:30...so he did announce it...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE he is there!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEE talking about placenta's

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE soooo cute to hear his voice....

HEEE...this is just too funny!!!!

AWWWW I have missed hearing him do radio interviews. He is pretty comfortable with Ryan...does this mean he will do more interviews...EEEEEEEEEEEEE

he is too funny!!!

he is actually in the studio which makes it so much better with the interaction.

I am surprized the Clay does not know about freeziug placenta - I guess he is playing hick Clay with burying placentas. That is something that is not hospital friendly.

he conversation is so disjointed and ignorance abounds. The Comic releif concert sounds funny though.;

I think it's freakin' funny! He's just....there....and saying whatever...

showing how clueless Ryan can be...and just having a blast...

Ryan says, "So this cd is music to make out to." and Clay says..."Yeah."

oh. yeah. :blink: (pant, pant, drool, drool)