#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Awwww....can you guys keep it down here? My head hurts... :blink:

Seriously...I think I drank more yesterday than I have in a LONG time, and I feel FINE today. Hmmmm....wonder how that happened? Must have been the combination of the food, drinks and CLACK. Oh, and the chocolate too. :D

I'm checking in from work now, so I really need to get going. But I did want everyone to know that I made it back safe and sound, and as far as I know, muski will be back in California very soon.

Will post more later tonight. Promise! (OK, that was a threat...)

But y'all are rockin' the house. And Clay's blog made me smile. I may have joined the fan club strictly to support the man, I do love reading his words. I'll come up with more on that later too.

Geez, something's driving traffic to FCA. I just looked at the stats at the bottom of the forum page, and there were 27 visitors in the last 15 minute period. That's like the old days when there was a pin rush. :D

Is it the pretty banner??? or the gorgeous pics Claygasm constantly makes us suffer through??? :D

or maybesome people want to know more about Muski and ldyjocelyn's adventure

There was a link on the CB to this site so people can see the winning banner. Just post on the Clayboard and you are guarenteed to get hits!

Now where do you have to post to get Clay to drop by?

Why, you put it in his blog comments, of course. I'm sure Clay reads every single one of those, along with all those notes on his myspace page, no matter how cweepy they seem.

Of course, he did apparently read his blog comments when the "Guess the CD Title" contest was going on, so who knows?

HI TO ANY LURKING CLAYBOARD PEEPS!! :D

<yawn, stretch, scratch balls--no, scratch that last one>

ldyjocelyn just would NOT leave this morning. I swear, some people just...

oh...I'm on the public board, not a PM? :unsure:

:lol: Hee, y'all know I'm just kidding, right? I wish I'd had a picture of us this morning. Graciously, I allowed ldyjocelyn shower privileges first while I packed up the projector and tried to find all my dirty clothes scattered around my humongous suite...

Then, after she was dolled up all in a striking black ensemble (going to WORK, she said... <_< Yeah, right. What kind of WORK do you DO, woman? :blink: No, actually, she looked quite nice and all professional and whatnot. So after my shower we pulled one of the big luscious chairs to the doorway of the humongous bathroom and my guest had a seat and sipped her coffee while I applied my twalette. (that's French, ya know)

And we did a little chatting while I applied the few pounds of makeup necessary to make myself presentable (Clay's crew ain't got the monopoly on jackhammers and blowtorches, you know...). We covered quite a few topics, but one that took much of our blah-blah time concerned the phenomenon that, I believe, is reflected in the increase of FCA's lurkers and posters lately.

I refer to the constant rants and raves that some people/boards seem to feel MUST exist in order to be a Clay fan. Sing it with me, now!

"Ain't no bloggin' good enuf, CD sales ain't high enuf..

Ain't no promo wide enuf...to make them hap---PEEEE!"

And so we seek respite from the fray, the never-ending dissection of every miniscule (heh...I used the word 'miniscule' in a Clay context!) word, lack of word, hair style, pimple,

STRAINED CROTCH OF PANTS---drool drool, pant, pant..

(whoops, again)

...song choice, concert venue choice.....

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!?!??!?! :blink:

Like I said at the beginning of what has turned out to be a rather pointless post :) ....

<yawn, stretch, scratch...>

oh, right. :unsure: I scratched that last one already. :lol:

Back home...so tired. Gonna sleep. Yeah, I know it's only 4:12 pm, but my body clock says it's 6:12 pm and when you factor my age and the extra strain on my body from the excess Clay-inscribed chocolate treats and the champagne and wine and cheesecake and whatnot....

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz -_-

Edited by muskifest

:laola0: for the return of georgiaclay to the posting thang! Missed ya babe!

muski, I keed because I love. You know that, right? ;)

atinal, whatcha painting? Like a room, or something artistic?

bottle, I thought I answered your question, but I can't find my post anywhere. Anyway, I guess I'd have to say artistic, although some days that is questionable. I paint mostly portraits in oil, but once in a while I try my hand at other things

Muski - glad you made it home safe and sound and awake - at least for awhile!

And you are soooooooo right about finding respite here. I was just over at another board and they are having their 85,000th trauma in the last few weeks. And this time it started because someone didn't lke Clay's blog for whatever reason and someone else said the usual - if you don't like it then why are you a Clay fan/if all you're going to be is negative about Clay then why are you a Clay fan.... yada, yada, yada.

Groan.

I am tired of it. I love discussing things - don't get me wrong - but geez. It seems lately everything in Clay land produces some kind of angst. On another board the complaining has already started over Carrie Underwood and her success and probable wins tonight at the CMAs. You know - why did she get more radio play than Clay? Why was her promotion so much better than Clay's? She's not as good as Clay - she doesn't deserve her success because no one can have greater success than Clay... yada, yada, yada.

Insert big eye rolling emotion here.

It was escaping all that that brought me here. And I am so glad I have a found a place where being a Clay fan can be fun again!

{{{FCA}}}

Did anyone catch Clay on Jimmy Kimmel a few weeks ago? Thought he was so sexy and adorable! Why hasn't anybody broached the topic of him being gay, or do we not care?

Where have you been Marsha. It's been broached all over the media for the last 3 years. However I can only speak for myself, not "we." Unless Clay and I have a date this weekend that I don't know about I'd rather talk about his voice as that's why I'm so hooked.... ok and his sense of humour..and his sexy brain.

Did anyone catch Clay on Jimmy Kimmel a few weeks ago? Thought he was so sexy and adorable! Why hasn't anybody broached the topic of him being gay, or do we not care?

Where have you been Marsha. It's been broached all over the media for the last 3 years. However I can only speak for myself, not "we." Unless Clay and I have a date this weekend that I don't know about I'd rather talk about his voice as that's why I'm so hooked.... ok and his sense of humour..and his sexy brain.

I totally agree. I could care less. His amazing voice and his obvious goodness is what got me hooked. But if he were straight, I'd jump him in a heartbeat!

Oh yes I guess most of us here saw clay on Kimmel and you are right he was sexy and adorable.

As for your other question...if you are asking why the people who are itnerviewing him now do not broach the subject of his sexuality...I guess thats because he already said he won't answer that question anymore. so I suppose these latest interviewers simply have been respecting his privacy on this matter...

Do we not care? FranklyI am glad the question hasn't arisen again cos really what more can he say ...I personally am satisfied with his answer...believe his handling of this issue was right on...so I really do not care anymore.

I totally agree. I could care less. His amazing voice and his obvious goodness is what got me hooked. But if he were straight, I'd jump him in a heartbeat!

Well jump away if you can cos he has said he is straight...I don;t believe that has changed in the three years since he answered that question.

BTW...we do respect his word on this...so we simply accept that as fact. No need to debate that here.

Okay, I admit i've not been paying attention to that and i don't care. But the interview he gave to Diane Sawyer a few weeks ago got me wondering WHY people are still asking? His music and sexy presense stand alone and that's all i care about!

Okay, I admit i've not been paying attention to that and i don't care. But the interview he gave to Diane Sawyer a few weeks ago got me wondering WHY people are still asking? His music and sexy presense stand alone and that's all i care about!

You are right about that...that is all that matters....hopefully with his current stand of no longer entertaining the question...the media will move on to more interesting stuff about him..

Gay or straight, he's one sexy man. And I don't think his female fans care at all what is preference is, he so dam HOT! And his heart is as big as his voice. The complete opposite of the sleazy Corey Clark. That guy is one rotten apple, anyone agree?

Gay or straight, he's one sexy man. And I don't think his female fans care at all what is preference is, he so dam HOT! And his heart is as big as his voice. The complete opposite of the sleazy Corey Clark. That guy is one rotten apple, anyone agree?

hee yup...agree...

Yes, it's all about the angst, isn't it Claygasm? I swear, sometimes it's almost as if people are looking for things to be miserable about.

I hear ya, musik! I get that people aren't enthusiastic about everything. What I don't get is why people have to repeat the same old rants a thousand times. It's getting so the boards are becoming totally predictable. It's an endless round of:

I hate Clive Davis.

Screw RCA.

Look at all the promo [insert alternate idol here] is getting! It's not fair!

HDD reporting at .000000000000001% No Clay yet. :(

Did you see this terrible review from [insert obscure internet blog here]?

Did I mention I hate Clive Davis?

Did you see that [insert legendary musical artist here] is doing [insert TV Show/movie/concert venue here]? RCA must have kept him from doing it so he wouldn't outshine Ruben/Justin/Il Divo.

Clay's hair is so ugly I can't be his fan.

Why hasn't Clay blogged? Why hasn't he blogged? Why hasn't he blogged?

He hasn't blogged because the label doesn't want him to talk.

He blogged! But he used quotation marks! See...that's proof that he's really pissed off at promotion.

HDD reporting at .0000000000000002% Look at all those artists above him. :unsure:

That's it. His career is over.

And it's all because Clive Davis is evil.

RCA makes me want to puke.

RCA is part of a vast worldwide conspiracy that is out to crush Clay because they are jealous of his obvious talent and goodness.

Did you hear what [insert random comedian/DJ/talk show host] said about Clay? Is this a diss?

Of course, it's a diss. They all hate him.

Clay seems happy. Maybe things are not so bad.

What! You believe that you stupid deluded fool? Let me tell you in lengthy and excrutiating detail why you are completely and horrifically wrong.

Did I miss anything?

Clay is still under the thumb of Clive Davis, the record company and the American Idol production label. I think when that contract ends we'll see much more amazing things from Clay, including him writing and recording his own songs. I can't wait for that because I think he cares SO MUCH and has alot to say and contribute to the world. Anyone out there agree with me?

Waves to all my friends. Hey Bottle, Couchie, Muski, Lady J, Ansa, et cetra.

Hey Gerogia, nice to see you here. Drop in when you can. Isn't it nice that it takes so long to catch up!

Then LAA came on...and I didn't weep but my heart hurt ...his voice is just touches a very deep part of me with this song...and I tear up again...

Girl, ok I'm a day late and a few thousand dollars short, but last week this song just hit me over the head with all it's power. Oh I've always liked it. At the listening party, I couldn't even listen to it for 15 minutes ... I was like Muski can we turn this off now. It's really powerful - the melody and the words.

I've been highly amused at the whole turnaround on David Foster, since I seem to remember reading some pretty harsh posts about his music when Jaymes came on board as EP. Big wheels keep on turning... and so do hamster wheels. :P

BTW, I see from TWoP that Ruben is planning on touring early next year. I've been reading posters who say they are sure that Clay's sales and ATDW material won't support a tour, but apparently Ruben's will? HA!

Which brings me you bottlecap and a big fat WORD. I was just chatting with Ansa the other night. Now, I'll be the first to say I'm not all that knowledgeable about music. I stopped listening to the radio in the mid 80s when rap took over and I tuned out for 20 years. In my car I listen to sports radio, still today. And when I do listen to music it's the quiet storm station..I guess that would be R&B AC station that plays some current stuff but then also a lot of oldies from the 50's through today. So Clay is right up my freakin' alley.

So when people get to ranting on Celine Dion, for instance, I'm really confused. I always thought she was this huge star that everybody loved. If she penetrated my brain and I knew a few of her songs that's saying something.

And David Foster was another one. People seemed to call him a quack - someone not worthy to work with Clay. All I knew about the man is that he won a lot of grammys. I mean was he too ordinary, too gimmicky, too unoriginal. I didn't get it. And people were so adamnant. And it turns out they were DEAD wrong. Not only does the man respect the voice but was able to get out of Clay what no other slickster has even bothered to try to do... he believed in him and insisted he could do it. And we have Lover All Alone. Thank god Clay doesn't go to Clay boards for validation of who he should work with because we'd never have that song.

So true, bottlecap. The lists of those who deserve enmity and those who deserve adulation seems to switch with ridiculous frequency.

Love Diane Sawyer...Hate Diane Sawyer.

Love Leno... Hate Leno... Love Leno...

Megan's on Clay's Special...Love her! Megan bought Ruben's CD... Evil witch! Megan was nice to Clay on her show! Go Megan!

Now it's time to hate Jimmy Kimmel. No, we love Jimmy Kimmel. Oh, no, Jimmy made a bad joke...down with Jimmy! Clay is on his show, Yay for Kimmel!

Sometimes, it makes my head spin!

LOL... so true. I look at it like this..these people aren't Clay's friends. They are in show business and if he is hot or interesting he will be on their show. The day he isn't they won't be calling him up just because they are friends. Well maybe except Diane..that woman is a fan girl if I've ever saw one. Wonder what her board name is. heee.

Break time -

Chill town makes me think of Mike Boogie and that is never a good thing.

and.... heee.

No, I'm sorry Play. I'll try to stop it.

Why, you put it in his blog comments, of course. I'm sure Clay reads every single one of those, along with all those notes on his myspace page, no matter how cweepy they seem.

HI TO ANY LURKING CLAYBOARD PEEPS!! :D

OMG...ok so I never joined myspace but one night I read the comments and I was in shock...some of them were so intimate and yes, cweeepy. HELLO... you don't know this man. See a therapist!!

Muski you entire post was hysterical...especially this.

yawn, stretch, yawn

Man, those after raking leaves naps at the best.

Now I get to chastize Muski - did you enter the parody contest? I did not but then again, that is not my speciality. I am not a real or a reel writer, I am more of a limerick type person myself.

Sometimes I pick up daisies and do the "angst me" , "angst me not........"

Too bad most people can't actually come to the party without an angst.

Guess I better feed the dog so she has plenty of energy for ball. Then I may visit the make fun of Chris boards.

From deviant art

_boing__revison_by_timmy64.gif

JennaZ, Sounds like you have been at the OFC too much. Although, amazingly, it is all sweetness and light there now. WHat happened? One that I think you forgot-"I won't buy his cd because it will encourage RCA".

Since a few of these boards are over three years old, most posters must have said every single thing that ever could have been said about Clay. So maybe a period of angst was unavoidable and everyone will come out of this period refreshed and ready to go for another three years.

Wishfull thinking, maybe.

Well despite my candy corn fetish, I have managed to lose another pound this week. Just in time for the Holidays when I can gain them all back. I hope Playbiller doesn't stock up on them and cheetos when I go up there for the concerts. :lol: