#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

from Corabeth at CH:

ETA: Remember that nice ATDW review from Shipwreck Island Studios? They posted this on their site yesterday.

Quote:

On November 28th Clay Aiken will release his 2nd Christmas disc of his career. This disc will be exclusively released through Wal-Mart and will feature the songs "All Is Well," "Christmas Waltz," "My Grown Up Christmas List," and "O Come O Come Emmanuel." Look for Clay to hit the road for a selected set of live concerts starting December 1st. In 2004 Clay released "Merry Christmas With Love" as well as a DVD of his special "A Clay Aiken Christmas."

This exclusive Wal-Mart EP may signal the end of Aiken & RCA Records as there's talk that his contract runs out with this release. The promotion by RCA this year for Clay's recently release has been slim to none so it makes perfect sense for him to shop his material elsewhere if he so chooses. Look for Clay to go out on tour in '07 to promote his music.

There is a link to WalMart to order the EP as well

What was most interesting to me when I read this was my own personal reaction. I found myself...indifferent. And just feeling calm and...confident. Clay Aiken has proved himself again and again in my eyes---as a vocalist, an intelligent man, a humanitarian, a snarkmeister, a kind person, a sly and determined businessman....the list goes on and on. I truly have faith in his ability to achieve what he chooses to set his sights on...and whatever that is is exactly what I want him to have...

So...RCA or Epic or Columbia or Clay Aiken Enterprises...whatever. He'll succeed IF he wants to. I'll be here.

WORD...

However...I think this guy is just hearing gossip that comes from the fans and the internet. I don;t know if this guy had any real source. But if he does, the only thing I hope for is that transition goes smoothly for Clay and that fans doen;t make it harder for him to negotiate.

WORD...

However...I think this guy is just hearing gossip that comes from the fans and the internet. I don;t know if this guy had any real source. But if he does, the only thing I hope for is that transition goes smoothly for Clay and that fans doen;t make it harder for him to negotiate.

I agree,Ansa, I'm thinking his information is probably coming from message boards, on which there has been mucho talk about this, however, some of that talk also indicates that an EP would not count toward contract fulfillment, so since none of us knows how Clay's specific contract reads, this carry's no more weight for me than fan speculation.

muski, deep down in my heart of hearts, I agree with your sentiment regarding this "news." I have faith to spare regarding Clay and where he may go and what he may do, and how he may follow his heart.

However...

...my off-the-top-of-my-heart feeling when reading this? Almost anger. Why? Because of exactly what Ansa said -- it just feels to me as if some of the fans are feeding this reviewer information that the fans may or may NOT know anything about, and this reviewer ran with it. Now, I could be totally off base, and it could be simply this person's opinion as well. But, the whole thing just gave me a bit of the willies.

That makes me very sad, actually. My feelings regarding Clay anymore are just as tied to the fandom as they are to Clay -- maybe moreso. I find myself hearing about things and my first thoughts are not toward Clay, or my enjoyment, but "what will the fans think?" I'm going to try my best to break myself of this habit.

I also agree with Ansa that if this break does come to fruition, that the fans don't try to stick their noses into it to get a better contract for the man, or anything like that. It simply is not the fan's business, but there's just so many out there that think it IS, and that frustrates me. I wonder if it frustrates Clay and his associates as well.

Whether Clay leaves RCA or not is not something I think or worry about because I do believe Clay has been handling his career and life just fine. He's come a long way in just a few years and when you think about all the changes he's had in his life it's amazing how totally normal he acts. I'm sure he probably has people advising him, but it seems that he makes his own choices, at least most of the time, and his life is not too shabby so far.

What I do find totally interesting is how much fun Clay seemed to have in that interview with Ryan. I've listened to it several times and the one-liners just pop out of that boy's mouth. The part that totally cracked me up was the "licking at your ankles". Both Ryan and Clay were like "huh?", until Clay realized she meant "nipping at your heels". He just cracked up and then totally embarrassed her by asking why she was so red. Just so hysterical!

I can't wait to see him on the Regis and Kelly show because he's so quick witted. He's going to hold his own with Kelly. Also just read today that the Dancing With the Stars finalists will be there, so he'll probably talk about how he can't dance. We know better! :D

14Clay finally got the whole thing, I am uploading it to 4shared as we speak.

here is the link

playbiller, thank you so much for this. You're the best! I just got home and thought all the links would have run out by now. I'll take funny Clay over hawt sex god anytime (though it's a v. close call).

KAndre, they send you icewine??! *pouts* I never get alcohol, though someone nice sent some totally yummy "extra virgin" maple syrup (or whatever you call it -- First run?). I don't know what those maple trees are doing at night but it REALLY is more special to wait.

ITA about ice wine -- my favorite ones are from New York (no, really!) so it looks like we'll have a very merry time. couchie, are you suuuure? We know someone who's got an extra Ike Hall ticket and there may be a Red Banks one tomorrow...

WORD...

Yeah, I tend to agree. What makes me suspicious is that he describes promotion as "slim to none." I would bet there are a thousand artists who would beg to differ with the notion that appearances on Leno, Kimmel, GMA, Larry King, The View, Megan Mullalley, Regis and Kelly, Tyra Banks, Marta Stewart, Yahoo!, iTunes, MySpace, Wal-Mart, The AMA's, TV Guide Channel, People Magazine, KTLA, and commercials on shows like Oprah qualify as "slim to none."

So Clay blogged! Interesting that he felt the need to describe the exact nature of the chatroom problem and the fact that it was fixed, and yet felt no need to mention his Ryan interview or DOOL. Ah, well. It's always great to hear from him, and it is reassuring to know that the glitch has been removed. I do hope they were able to track down the address of the perpetrator.

I missed the Ryan excitement, but was able to download the interview. I'll listen to it on the way to work tomorrow. I'm so glad it seems to have gone so well. Clay really can be charming and funny, something I wish more people could discover.

As to 4shared accounts. I have encouraged others to use them since they are limitless - I have told montage makers, I have passed it on to several other clack gatherers - for anything 50Mb or less, it is great and it is free. So far 3 other people are using it. No, I don't own stock in it. It just makes things so much easier for me when stuff is not vaulted yet. You hear people sounding like hungry baby birds when the links are gone. The please, please, please is so heartbreaking, witho ut clack, surely we will die! I remember my own frustration with expiring links and I have to jump in. 900 people downloaded the without you clip from promosquad from my account - that would have been a lot of yousendits. Most of the things I list are less because people prefer something they know - yousendits. I use it for photos as well.

I don't know what those maple trees are doing at night but it REALLY is more special to wait.

How nice to enter here with a laugh. I did work myself into a fit last night wandering in the depths of the fandom. I feel like things work in a total circle in this fandom and it always comes back to jealous bitches. I won't go into detail because it makes me pull at my hair and I have a party this weekend and don't want to be missing hair. What is it with women who do not want a man to like his mother? I would think that this would be a good thing?

The shipwreck thing, Ken Barnes and many of the followup news articles to the reviews have been "clued in" by the fans who do not have a clue themselves.

Edited to remove a rant. I think I hurt my brain yesterday wandering where I should not have gone. Some people need a lot of help, but not from me.

I haveto get back to getting e-bay autions ready - I need to start, and then it will be easy, just the taste of the first sale and I will be selling like crazy. Right now, I keep rewriting the desriptions over and over and over.

Edited by playbiller

I gave the same amount of credence to that quote as you guys did. :P

And then I read Clay's latest blog. I was going to put together some new words over here at FCA, but I'm tired and want to go to bed, so here's what I wrote on EAYOR. Goodnight, all!

What I wonder is...

will I just continue to fall in love over and over with this remarkable (and hawt) man? I swear, it seems so...

It's as if the more comfortable and relaxed and confident he becomes, both in his own skin and with his career and personal life, the more he reflects warmth and love and genuine affection on us...for us. With a sense of control over his life that I believe he is beginning to garner, comes a willingness to be more natural.

Amazing, AMAZING person we've come to love, friends. We're so very lucky.

God, I love him.

I do love seeing those words "Clay blogged!" Thanks Jenna for the heads up! I'm also very glad they've resolved the problem, and I hope they've figured out who exactly it was that did that.

Other than that....nuthin'. I'm gone again for most of the day today. I'd really rather stay home and watch clack and read message boards. *sigh*

I suspect that comment about the EP possibly fulfilling his obligation to RCA is no more than gossip.

But I have often wondered, why do people think signing with another major label will give him anymore control than being with RCA? It wouldn't. The artist is still the employee and the label still holds all the purse strings.

I still hope he when this contract is up - whenever that may be - that he re-signs with RCA just to see heads explode. B)

Off the read the blog.

I suspect that comment about the EP possibly fulfilling his obligation to RCA is no more than gossip.

But I have often wondered, why do people think signing with another major label will give him anymore control than being with RCA? It wouldn't. The artist is still the employee and the label still holds all the purse strings.

I still hope he when this contract is up - whenever that may be - that he re-signs with RCA just to see heads explode. B)

Off the read the blog.

Claygasm, I don't get this either, if what these people believe is true, that RCA has done "nothing" to promote Clay's latest CD, how do they feel it would be spun if RCA or Clay decide to sever ties. I doubt IF it happens that the media response would be favorable to Clay. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

One of my favorite posts at a board was someone who decided that Clay had a 7 album deal and assumed the singles satisfied the album criteria. I really cracked up when they counted TITN, since that was produced before any contract was signed, I did ask them if the 14 digital downloads from this album didn't count as 14 different albums.

For some reason, people don't seem to accept that this EP of 4 songs going to only 1 store is not exactly equivalent to a CD. I guess I need to improve my communication skills. I kneed to lurn t right gud., If u kin reed this, eye feel sury 4 u.

Yeah, I tend to agree. What makes me suspicious is that he describes promotion as "slim to none." I would bet there are a thousand artists who would beg to differ with the notion that appearances on Leno, Kimmel, GMA, Larry King, The View, Megan Mullalley, Regis and Kelly, Tyra Banks, Marta Stewart, Yahoo!, iTunes, MySpace, Wal-Mart, The AMA's, TV Guide Channel, People Magazine, KTLA, and commercials on shows like Oprah qualify as "slim to none."

yup written out like that...I can't understand where the lack of promo comes from.

So Clay blogged! Interesting that he felt the need to describe the exact nature of the chatroom problem and the fact that it was fixed, and yet felt no need to mention his Ryan interview or DOOL. Ah, well. It's always great to hear from him, and it is reassuring to know that the glitch has been removed. I do hope they were able to track down the address of the perpetrator.

Ya know...I really think that Blogging to Clay is more of a chore. I think he really does not want revealing too much of himself to so many people. I know some fans wish he was more forthcoming with his feelings about things and with what is happening to him...BUT, that is just not Clay!! He is just more private so I am happy with whatever he shares with us.

That's why I don't think a planned Chat will work for him. I don't think he is up to answering the fans most burning questions. I think he would just rather jump into chat...say hi, have a short conversation, then leave after a minute or so.

One of my favorite posts at a board was someone who decided that Clay had a 7 album deal and assumed the singles satisfied the album criteria. I really cracked up when they counted TITN, since that was produced before any contract was signed, I did ask them if the 14 digital downloads from this album didn't count as 14 different albums.

The fact is...we don't know anything. the 7 album deal the 5 the 3 albums...are all speculations. The fact that some people talk about this as if they actually know what is in Clay's contract is unbelievable...but that people actually accepting another fans speculations as fact is just incredibly naive.

This...

I kneed to lurn t right gud., If u kin reed this, eye feel sury 4 u.

and this...

I don't know what those maple trees are doing at night but it REALLY is more special to wait.

:lol::lol::lol:

oops I forgot...please send good vibes to Couchie and her computer...its crashed and burned last night. So she won;t be joining us until it gets all fixed...so hopefully it gets well soon.

(((couchie)))

oops I forgot...please send good vibes to Couchie and her computer...its crashed and burned last night. So she won;t be joining us until it gets all fixed...so hopefully it gets well soon.

(((couchie)))

OMG! NOOOOOOOO! :(

Now, it's settled. She MUST come to Casa Muski this Friday for some Clay EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing! :P

The fact is...we don't know anything. the 7 album deal the 5 the 3 albums...are all speculations. The fact that some people talk about this as if they actually know what is in Clay's contract is unbelievable...but that people actually accepting another fans speculations as fact is just incredibly naive.

Hey, they not only know FOR A FACT what is in his contract, they know FOR A FACT what's in his mind! :lol:

Hey, they not only know FOR A FACT what is in his contract, they know FOR A FACT what's in his mind! :lol:

Well its not just whats on his mind...but also in the mind of Clive, Roger, Jaymes and Faye...See I figure if some fans are not getting what they want...they need to blame it on something.

TO change the subject...still listening to my faves playlist...I am now in the hunt for the best JT medley, so what do y'all recommend? I have the raleigh eve one and it is great recording, very clear...BUT...I feel like Clay was over singing a bit in YGAF...Angela was also a bit shrill...I like the long note contests but more in videos..not in my audio...so can anybody suggest a better version??

Another one I am in the hunt for.. best version of YWT...I am looking for one of the softer versions. I know when he started singing that song he used more falsettos...then he switch to singing in full voice. So I am looking for a version usng more falsettos...I love Clay's falsettos...

ya I know ...I'm picky...I know it took me a while to find the best celebrate me home...

From the public page at the OFC:

11/15/06 : Clay Co-Hosting on Regis and Kelly!

By Team Clay

On Friday, November 17th, 2006, Clay Aiken will co-host on Regis & Kelly. That same evening, ET will air backstage footage of Clay on the show! Check your local listings for times and channels.

11/15/06 : Important Information Regarding Clay Aiken on Days of Our Lives

The tape date for Clay Aiken's appearance on ,i>Days of Our Lives has moved. The episode will now air Tuesday, December 26, 2006 on NBC at 1 PM. Check your local listings for exact times and channels.

I think there is also an implied message: "Our asses are sore from getting them kicked by Mr. Aiken over the chat room security issues. Ouch, ouch, ouch. :unsure: Signed, Clique"

:P:P:P

11/15/06 : Clay Co-Hosting on Regis and Kelly!

By Team Clay

On Friday, November 17th, 2006, Clay Aiken will co-host on Regis & Kelly. That same evening, ET will air backstage footage of Clay on the show! Check your local listings for times and channels.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Not your ordinary R&K appearance...with ET coverage???Well well well...looks like someone is still working to get Clay promo. Looks like they didn;t get the memo... :D

11/15/06 : Important Information Regarding Clay Aiken on Days of Our Lives

The tape date for Clay Aiken's appearance on ,i>Days of Our Lives has moved. The episode will now air Tuesday, December 26, 2006 on NBC at 1 PM. Check your local listings for exact times and channels.

Ah this is a good day...the 26th is usually left over day and we are all just vegging...

I think there is also an implied message: "Our asses are sore from getting them kicked by Mr. Aiken over the chat room security issues. Ouch, ouch, ouch. :unsure: Signed, Clique"

:P:P:P

hee...ass kicking Clay sounds really really hot!!!!

OK, what happens on soaps the day after Christmas? Is this all because ofthose gosh darn elections, Freedonm? Who needs it. Didn't george say he would like a dictatorship, if he could be the dictator? That would solve the problems of shows being bumped and we could see Clay-ay on schedule.

Too bad it is after CHristmas buying though.

Well personally..I know that before Christmas I am usually out shopping or doing christmas baking and such. I always neglect my soap watching then. About missing Christmas shopping... aren't there lots of activity after Christmas with gift returning and people using their gift certificates...I just hope there will be ATDW on the shelves...hee