#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

I haven't been following AI much since season 3, I think I saw most of that season. I watched a few shows in season 4 and I only watched the finale of season 5. Hmmmm I wonder why I watched the finale. Anyway, though I didn't watch much, I read a lot of board comments during the 4th season and there were a lot of people who were not too kind to Carrie, I read lots of posts about how she couldn't sing, and didn't have any stage presence. She has done amazingly well, her sales just keep going, and after this win, they will probably get a big bump. Good for her.

I haven't been following AI much since season 3, I think I saw most of that season. I watched a few shows in season 4 and I only watched the finale of season 5. Hmmmm I wonder why I watched the finale. Anyway, though I didn't watch much, I read a lot of board comments during the 4th season and there were a lot of people who were not too kind to Carrie, I read lots of posts about how she couldn't sing, and didn't have any stage presence. She has done amazingly well, her sales just keep going, and after this win, they will probably get a big bump. Good for her.

Yeah my favorite one was she was the third most popular person on the tour.

seriously ...I think this is why I have a soft spot for her...she was pretty much dismissed by a lot of on line fans...it seem like the on line buzz was more for Bo and Connie...She was called a fembot and pretty much suffered for being Simon's early pick.

Carrie was a stiff while perfroming on TV - she just did not pick it up too soon, but there was no denying she wanted it and she was on key more than anyone else, much more than anyone else - basically she was pretty good except 2 shows when she was ill. Quite unlike the others that had some mighty sucky songs. At one point it looked like Bo was throwing it and a lot of people commented on it, including me. Now that we know about his illness, I feel a liitle guilty, he was probably sick during most of the show.

For a little more storytelling, I got some giffs let me sample it

Today, dog09.gif chased a squirrel and tore the leash from my hand and dog22.gif away, but mistakenly ran into a fenced off airconditioning unit and lay down submissively as if I was going to beat her, Instaed I thanked her fro stopping and took her for a ride to the dog park where the dogs do doglick.gif dog stuff.

Then came home to look for my lost check book.tongue95.gif

Am I learning this emoticon thing?

Edited by playbiller

I know I heard that "stiff" comment and Ansa thanks for reminding me about the "fembot" thing. But you know what, most female country singers don't do a whole lot more than stand up there and sing. ie, Martina McBride. I have seen her sing on TV countless times, I think she has one of the best female recording voices of just about any genre, but basically she just stands there and sings, just a little swaying and raising a hand here or there. A few years back, Shania Twain did quite a bit of moving around while she was singing. Now in Kelly's year, I thought she had a great voice and perfomed well, I didn't think she showed a lot of stage presence when i saw her in person.

And a new day dawns..........

Hope everyone does their civic duty today and remembers to VOTE!

PSA done........

So Carrie won at the CMAs. That should produce some angst in the Clay world, although a quick perusal of some of the boards shows none thus far, but I have read quite a few now saying Clay should go country!

With all due respect to the country fans out there...... Clay, just say NO!

A crossover song, I could live with, but just country???

I mean really. Think of the one song on MOAM Clay had the most trouble with (not TOUCH - he never sang TOUCH.... damn it!! :glare: ). It was WYSYLM - a very country flavored song. He never got that damn song right! :lol: And country night on AI2 he sang a song that was barely country!

No, I don't think Clay has country in him!

I just want Clay to be happy and to sing what he wants to sing and look hot and make my girlie parts get all tingly.

Works for me!

ohmy2.jpg

Off to vote and then to work.

P.S. I went back to my former avatar. I decided I really do like the bangs better.......

Edited by Claygasm

Claygasm I have to disagree with your statement that Clay doesn't have country in him. I think his demos show he has plenty of country. Not Supposed to Love You Any More, I Know How the River Feels and others are a few of the examples. I think country music has had a big influence on him. That said, I don't think Clay would have had it any easier going the country route, nor is that what I would like to see him do. Country may have been accepting of Carrie, and may very well be of Kellie, but I think they put a lot of stock in the singer/songwriter/musician when it comes to male performers. Also, I've read a lot of statements about how "accepting" the country music world has been of Carrie. I think they are accepting if the artists tow the country line, but country insiders can be pretty harsh too. Although they were mucho succesfull-o, a lot of old time country was never too accepting of Shania Twain and Garth Brooks. Of course, I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank. I guess this could have changed in the past few years, country music is something else I haven't followed as much, since a certain golden voiced singer appeared on my TV.

Claygasm I have to disagree with your statement that Clay doesn't have country in him. I think his demos show he has plenty of country. Not Supposed to Love You Any More, I Know How the River Feels and others are a few of the examples. I think country music has had a big influence on him. That said, I don't think Clay would have had it any easier going the country route, nor is that what I would like to see him do. Country may have been accepting of Carrie, and may very well be of Kellie, but I think they put a lot of stock in the singer/songwriter/musician when it comes to male performers. Also, I've read a lot of statements about how "accepting" the country music world has been of Carrie. I think they are accepting if the artists tow the country line, but country insiders can be pretty harsh too. Although they were mucho succesfull-o, a lot of old time country was never too accepting of Shania Twain and Garth Brooks. Of course, I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank. I guess this could have changed in the past few years, country music is something else I haven't followed as much, since a certain golden voiced singer appeared on my TV.

ITA with everything you've said here. First of all, you've mentioned my two most favorite demo songs. I think he simply shines in both of those.

Secondly, I do think that country music is a "part" of him. Now, I don't believe it's ALL of him, I think he's had more musical influences that many of us care to admit. But there's a great deal of country music that has "pretty melodies," which we know that Clay seems to like. (Now, for me...I'm not fond of the pretty country ballads. But give me Brad Paisley singing "Alcohol" (funniest country song EVER IMO), and I'm doing just fine.)

I've also read a lot about the country music scene, and in many ways, they are even more ridgid in their "standards." For example, if a singer doesn't life and work in Nashville, they're already on the outs.

I think Clay could sing practically any style...so I basically just have to agree with claygasm that I want him to sing what HE wants to sing.

Making girly parts tingly is optional. *g*

I know I heard that "stiff" comment

Hey! Are you in my HEAD? :ph34r: I didn't write that comment, but Lawd Jesus, I was thinking it! :lol:

Went to bed at 9 pm this time (11 pm body clock time) and just got up. It's 7:45...

KAndre! Those cat pics are freakin' hysterical! What I wonder is this: any way you have them with the X-rated ones purged? I'd love to show them to my daughters, but just haven't had enough Mimosas yet to include the masterbating and Fuck ones... :blink::D

I'm home today...told my boss I'm too old to jump back into the office scene after the hours and whatnot of the last weeks. Nah...actually his words to me when we said goodbye in Chicago were, "So, when should I expect to see you back at the office?" hee. I have him well trained. Next thing you know, I'll be threatening KAndre's title of World Dominatrix! (mwahhhaaahhaaa!)

MIght have to get myself to the chiropractor today. I was doing great with the various out-of-alignment parts of me last year when my weight loss stayed lost and my Jazzercize visits were still regular and my chiropractor visits were more than once a year. Alas...none of those things have been true for a while and my body is rebelling...

But...uh :unsure: ...first...I think a non-fat, extra foamy latte with cinnamon sprinkled on the foam is in order. Perhaps while sitting in my fave coffee shop that I haven't visited in forever...with my laptop, donchaknow...which hasn't been used for anything but work and keeping you mongrels straight lately. ^_^

CG...there's a NEW free wireless internet coffeshop even closer to my house now! Might just have to try it out... :P and crack my knuckles and start typing like I used to every morning at Starbucks before I got a real job again.

SPeaking of real jobs, any word, couchie?

play, your moving emoticons put my still ones to shame! And who was it that introduced the term, "Muskitis"? :angry:

I LOVE IT! :lol:

Edited because I just went over to check out and check in at EAYOR and someone had included this gif! LMAO! :lol:

boobs.gif

Edited by muskifest

OMG....

Look at this YouTube that Chardonnay did---lots of purdy pics of a REAL sexay man put to that faux sexy guy, JT to shame! It's CLAY visions set to the er..music...of Sexy Back!

(insert -heh- thud emoticon here)

Edited by muskifest

OMG....

Look at this YouTube that Chardonnay did---lots of purdy pics of a REAL sexay man put to that faux sexy guy, JT to shame! It's CLAY visions set to the er..music...of Sexy Back!

(insert -heh- thud emoticon here)

Now that song makes sense to me!!

I missed KAndre's edit with the Kitty pictures! I wuv kitties. Still makes me sad that Clay is "frightened" of them.

Just watched that montage from Chardonnay.

Gulp.

Anyone for a cigarette?

Is it available for download? Because I NEEEEEEEEEEED that for my collection.

And yes, the song makes perfect sense now. :D

ldyjocelyn, I see that Chardonnay included a YouSendIt, too, when she posted it on CH, but it was expired...

Ok...just got a 10:45 chiropractor appt. gonna take a long, hot shower first and hope that the heat will loosen things up a bit first..

I feel rather old this morning---at least my body does.... :glare:

I think I need to clarify my statement about Clay and country music. I think it is what he grew up with and yes, I know there were some country songs on his demos (although for the life of me I would never have known IKHTRF was country unless someone told me...), but for some reason I always get the feeling that Clay has never been drawn to sing country. He never seemed to put any country songs in his concert selections (unless again there were some that didn't seem country...) and his country selection during AI2 was so uncountry, and its odd that he always messed up the one country sounding song on MOAM. I just always got the feeling that even though he grew up around country music (or maybe because of that), country music is not what he wants to sing.

Speculation of course since Clay and I haven't discussed it lately. ;)

Muski - cool about the closer internet place! I smell some good fanfic possibly cooking???

Went to vote today like a good little citizen. First time ever since I have lived out in the country where there has been a line! Took me over 45 minutes! No new fangled voting machines for us - although we have left the world of punch ballots. We have now graduated to fill in the oval ballots. I thought I was taking the SATs again! But to show we really are in the 21st century, after you fill in all the little ovals completely (but not with a #2 pencil... with a special black pen!) you put it in some machine that looks like a copier. It checks to make sure you filled everything out, then when you approve of everything you press a button and voila! Your vote has been cast. Consequently there were two lines to stand in instead of just one!

Oh what efficiency! :blink:

Hmmmmm. Wonder if Clay will wear his bucket hat to go vote????

Oooh...I'm here at the coffee shop...my first time here and it's a real grass roots type of place. I believe it was born through a church-related effort, but there's no religious stuff around...but lots of community things. Like...local newspapers, a binder to sign up for volunteer work around town, a bulletin board where people are putting up info about this and that. I'm sitting in a old, beaten leather armchair and next to a rocker that looks as though it might have come down from somebody's granny's attic :) . A group of three women are sitting at a table nearby doing somme sort of craft together. A woman is writing in a spiral notebook at another table and two elderly men are playing chess at another. (One has a cool fedora on! :o ) There's an ancient upright piano and somevery used-looking sound equipment and I see by a handmade sign that Thursdays are open-mic night with (put in someone's name here) Thursdays at 7:30 pm. Another sign announces a knitting and crocheting group that gathers on another night.

Next to me is a very old hutch with a black Underwood typewriter on it! Near the piano is a carpet with toys surrounded by the plastic connecting gates to keep the kiddies (none here right now, whew!) surrounded. There's a book table--hey! a local author is featured! And on the wall are some wild paintings and a sign that says "Artist of the Month---(name)"..bet that person's local, too.

I just picked up a flyer at the counter that advertises a 7-week course "An Introduction to American Sign Language" on Tues nights...I've always had a yearning to learn that...

Dare I venture there? :unsure:

I think I need to clarify my statement about Clay and country music. I think it is what he grew up with and yes, I know there were some country songs on his demos (although for the life of me I would never have known IKHTRF was country unless someone told me...), but for some reason I always get the feeling that Clay has never been drawn to sing country. He never seemed to put any country songs in his concert selections (unless again there were some that didn't seem country...) and his country selection during AI2 was so uncountry, and its odd that he always messed up the one country sounding song on MOAM. I just always got the feeling that even though he grew up around country music (or maybe because of that), country music is not what he wants to sing.

Speculation of course since Clay and I haven't discussed it lately. ;)

I have to agree with Claygasm on this...oh except for the fact that WYSLM sounds coutnry...I do not get that...and I'm sure that surprises the guy who wrote it...Anyway, I feel that despite the country music influence in Clay's life...the fact that he went pop tells me he is not really drawn to the genre. I mean the guy was already on a country band...singing in country shows...so it would've been pretty natural to go country sound but he didn't. I remember everytime I listened to that country group he was on...I thought Clay's voice didn't fit quite right...just didn;t sound country enough. And I am so happy about that...cos I am not a coutnry fan at all. :P

about Carrie..yup I agree that she was a bit cold and stiff during AI. She reminded me of a beauty contestant. I think the difference with her and somebody like Martina is that Martina shows a lot of emotion on her face...Carrie not so much. So I was not really a Carrie fan...I just felt bad for her cos I remember people used to suggest that she was getting preferential treatment cos she was Simon's chosen one...or that she won because of Simon...I think the girl simply connectew with the country fans that were not very vocal on the boards...but were ready to support her and her music.

Oooh...I'm here at the coffee shop...my first time here and it's a real grass roots type of place. I believe it was born through a church-related effort, but there's no religious stuff around...but lots of community things. Like...local newspapers, a binder to sign up for volunteer work around town, a bulletin board where people are putting up info about this and that. I'm sitting in a old, beaten leather armchair and next to a rocker that looks as though it might have come down from somebody's granny's attic :) . A group of three women are sitting at a table nearby doing somme sort of craft together. A woman is writing in a spiral notebook at another table and two elderly men are playing chess at another. (One has a cool fedora on! :o ) There's an ancient upright piano and somevery used-looking sound equipment and I see by a handmade sign that Thursdays are open-mic night with (put in someone's name here) Thursdays at 7:30 pm. Another sign announces a knitting and crocheting group that gathers on another night.

Hee sounds like a cool place...we had a lot of places like that in Halifax where I used to live...

Ansa where I disagree with Claygasm and I guess you too is the statement that "Clay doesn't have country in him" I think someone who speaks of singing. "Mamas Don't Let You Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys", Islands in the Stream" Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On" as a small child and sings some of the songs he has on his Demos, has got country in him. He has said several times his favorite song on this CD is "Here You Come Again" a country crossover hit. I don't think he wants to be or sing country now, and that's just fine with me, but I certainly see some country influence there. I also remember a song he wanted with him if he was stranded somewhere was Garth Brooks "Standing Outside the Fire" The female singers he mentioned early on as wanting to duet with were country singers. I really don't see anything wrong with having some country influence. A lot of The Eagles songs sound country to me, Elvis certainly had some country influence goin on, John Denver I'm sure there are lots more. I guess I just see this differently.

"Oh shit it's a lion - get in the car!"

Bwahahaha! My new favorite kittypic!

I read that Faith Hill was clowning around and said WHAT???? into the cameras when Carrie won best vocalist last night - and now she is country's answer to kanye west.

I am hoping for good things to happen to ms. Pickler, too!

Can someone post a close-up of Clay in that shirt and loosened tie on every page, please?

I have no content whatsoever, becoss I have been QUITE busy looking for signs. And Portents. I could find both things in one place, but I can't bring myself to sacrifice a chicken.

Although very unseemly and sarcastic song parodies all set to "If I Had a Ship, I'd Sail Away" (v. old Kingston Trio song) keep tap-dancing through my head.....

Oh, I can recommend Flushed Away as pretty funny, due almost entirely to singing slugs (I won't tell you what I thought they were). AND....at no point did I feel the need to say "singing slugs???!!!! Why wasn't CLAY offered the part of a singing slug????!!!!!! RCA prolly said NO NO NO - Clay cannot be a singing slug!!!!! Damn you Clive Davis!!!!!! Clay as a singing slug would have ruled the universe!!!!!"

There was also a preview about a movie Jerry Seinfeld is making, with Eddie Izzard, called "Bee Movie" - it is already my favorite movie!!!!!!! I need a t-shirt that says "I'm covered in Bees!"

OK, I will stop now.

Ansa where I disagree with Claygasm and I guess you too is the statement that "Clay doesn't have country in him" I think someone who speaks of singing. "Mamas Don't Let You Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys", Islands in the Stream" Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On" as a small child and sings some of the songs he has on his Demos, has got country in him. He has said several times his favorite song on this CD is "Here You Come Again" a country crossover hit. I don't think he wants to be or sing country now, and that's just fine with me, but I certainly see some country influence there. I also remember a song he wanted with him if he was stranded somewhere was Garth Brooks "Standing Outside the Fire" The female singers he mentioned early on as wanting to duet with were country singers. I really don't see anything wrong with having some country influence. A lot of The Eagles songs sound country to me, Elvis certainly had some country influence goin on, John Denver I'm sure there are lots more. I guess I just see this differently.

Oh I won;t argue with you there. Of course he has coutnry influence...he has country in him..but he has so many other things beside it that he no longer sounds country..know what I mean? Country is just one aspect...but he has the folk...jazz...broadway...soul...rock and roll...in him too. In other words he is Pop through and through...and what is pop but an amalgamation of all kinds of different genre including country.

I can see him doing country crossover hits and doing duets with country artists...I can even see him bringing out a coutnry album in the future...but to switch to country from pop...I don't see that.

Ansa wrote:

just didn;t sound country enough

But what is that exactly? I think there are some thing that he does with his voice that would fit right in with the country genre. Off the top of my head, the "cries" that he does at the end of WY -- transplant that into a cheatin' and drinkin' song (like Clay would sing that, but work with me, OK?), and I think it would fit just fine. It fits just as well with the pop stylings of Clay Aiken as well. That's where I think he could make it in almost any type of genre.

I know "Still the One" was considered a pop hit back in the day, but I think in today's standards, that would be a country song. There's lots of grey area with this. And yes, some people DO consider Bonnie Raitt's version of ICMYLM a country tune. That's how KLo could get by with that on AI2.

atinal, I see it the same what you do....he may not go totally country, but he's familiar enough with the concept that he uses what he needs from it to make his music.

I didn't watch Carrie or Kellie on AI, so I can't comment. But I wish neither ladies ill will, and it always stunned me to read what I considered nasty comments on the boards.

Clay as a singing slug would be fun.nee. Damn you Clive. :P

"Oh shit it's a lion - get in the car!"

Bwahahaha! My new favorite kittypic!

I read that Faith Hill was clowning around and said WHAT???? into the cameras when Carrie won best vocalist last night - and now she is country's answer to kanye west.

I am hoping for good things to happen to ms. Pickler, too!

Can someone post a close-up of Clay in that shirt and loosened tie on every page, please?

I have no content whatsoever, becoss I have been QUITE busy looking for signs. And Portents. I could find both things in one place, but I can't bring myself to sacrifice a chicken.

Although very unseemly and sarcastic song parodies all set to "If I Had a Ship, I'd Sail Away" (v. old Kingston Trio song) keep tap-dancing through my head.....

Oh, I can recommend Flushed Away as pretty funny, due almost entirely to singing slugs (I won't tell you what I thought they were). AND....at no point did I feel the need to say "singing slugs???!!!! Why wasn't CLAY offered the part of a singing slug????!!!!!! RCA prolly said NO NO NO - Clay cannot be a singing slug!!!!! Damn you Clive Davis!!!!!! Clay as a singing slug would have ruled the universe!!!!!"

There was also a preview about a movie Jerry Seinfeld is making, with Eddie Izzard, called "Bee Movie" - it is already my favorite movie!!!!!!! I need a t-shirt that says "I'm covered in Bees!"

OK, I will stop now.

Oh I can pretty much imagine what you thought those slugs were...I thought the same too when I saw the preview. The preveiw looked funny but I can;t get over the fact that they wer supposed to be in the sewer...

hee so should I ask what the theme of this parody would be???

Ansa wrote:

just didn;t sound country enough

But what is that exactly? I think there are some thing that he does with his voice that would fit right in with the country genre. Off the top of my head, the "cries" that he does at the end of WY -- transplant that into a cheatin' and drinkin' song (like Clay would sing that, but work with me, OK?), and I think it would fit just fine. It fits just as well with the pop stylings of Clay Aiken as well. That's where I think he could make it in almost any type of genre.

I know "Still the One" was considered a pop hit back in the day, but I think in today's standards, that would be a country song. There's lots of grey area with this. And yes, some people DO consider Bonnie Raitt's version of ICMYLM a country tune. That's how KLo could get by with that on AI2.

atinal, I see it the same what you do....he may not go totally country, but he's familiar enough with the concept that he uses what he needs from it to make his music.

I didn't watch Carrie or Kellie on AI, so I can't comment. But I wish neither ladies ill will, and it always stunned me to read what I considered nasty comments on the boards.

Clay as a singing slug would be fun.nee. Damn you Clive. :P

Well this is what I mean...yeah he does have some of it but not enough to be considered really country. I know he sang coutnry songs in the demo but he really didn;t sound country to me. I have this thing with country music...there is something about the singng styles of country artists that just grate on my nerves...Now even when Clay sings country songs...I don't hear that quality in him. When I heard him singing with that country group I can hear the difference in their vocal quality and Clay didn't really fit in for me. He can sing country songs all he wants...but I still think he won't sound like other country artists singing the same songs. I remember when I first heard the demos I searched out the original of every song and I thought he sang the coutnry songs very differently than the originals.