#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Anyone traveling to these shows, please take care. Clay may be worth a lot, but he's not worth anyone's life or well being.

Thank you Claygasm and muski. While I'm driving, not flying....that's almost worse. And I've pretty much made peace with the fact that if this storm hits as they are saying it will (over 14 inches by tomorrow morning), I will skip the concert tomorrow evening. My sister and BIL will killed in an auto accident due to a freak April snowstorm almost 10 years ago, and ever since then I get especially skittish when there is even the thread of a snowstorm. As you said, it would "kill" me to miss seeing Clay live...but I don't want to lose my life over him either.

Yup, I saw that. But you forgot how Clay is playing games and is a hypocrite because he goes on LKL and rips the fans for invading his privacy and then puts his house on TV. When I responded that there is a HUGE difference between people scaling his fence, stalking him at home or ripping up the grass at his mother's and inviting a TV station in to see what he chooses them to see, I was told "We all see what we want to see". :glare:

One more example why I love this place! :)

Aw geez -- the world is so black and white to many of Clay's fans. That bugs the snot out of me. At least you tried Claygasm....

Anyway, after scrambling for 2 days to get my mumble mumble copies of All Is Well, I thought perhaps I should listen to the thing. heee. OMG, I don't need a kick in the butt to remember why I'm here but needless to say I got one. The funny part is that I had two complete and opposite reactions.

And I had FOUR complete and opposite reactions....

AIW -- when he hit that final note, I was practically jumping out of my chair in my office, saying "YESSSSSSSSSS!" Between the beauty of the low notes early on, and the incredible high of that ending...it was thrilling.

CW -- a peaceful happy came over me during this one. It's such a light and airy piece. Maybe you could call it fluff, but he radiates joy singing it.

Emmanuel -- the passion he feels for his God so shows through his rendition of this song. I get goosebumps every time.

MGUCL -- on the first few listens, for some reason, this one did very little for me. Then, last night, as I was driving in the cold rain on my trek to find every conceivable copy of this EP in a 20 mile radius, I finally LISTENED. And it moved me to tears. The utter simplicity of his performance coupled with the lyrics really hit home last night.

Yes, this EP gives me many, many reasons why I love this man.

Whatever, IDIOTS! Especially if they paid money for the album. The only one deprived is them of CLAY's voice...and really, maybe they should find out Clive's favorites on all Clay's other albums so they can stop listening to that as well. Lord we need one big gigantic size intervention..and not with friends and family but big guys in white suits.

<snip>

And if someone here isn't listening to CW...idiots is used with all due love and caring ...LOL.

ITA. If people are really doing that (and it wouldn't surprise me anymore at this point that there are some), it is their loss. I guess these people think they are "making a stand" for Clay by boycotting this song for that reason. A stand for what, though? To get Clay out of Clive's evil clutches? As if Clay isn't a man who can think for himself?

Yep, interventions are a good thing. Maybe I should go into business -- "Clay Aiken Overinvested Fan Inteventions," at your service....

Everyone, be safe

Yep, interventions are a good thing. Maybe I should go into business -- "Clay Aiken Overinvested Fan Inteventions," at your service....

Can I have people involuntarily committed?

I just love that he can still be a big kid and have fun with his stuff. Apparently his mother did know how to decorate his house and make it fun for him.

I have no problem with him keeping his bed room suite to himself, or that he recorded Clive's favorite song or that - hey, I thought the fact that we don't care is why we are posting here?

Well, that and the fact that I would probably get modded for some pod stuff I say here. This is a pod comment friendly site.

Ldyjocelyn, take care, care, care with your travels. I have no problem driving on icy or snowy roads in my car, but I do have a problem with the other drivers doing it. I have a light car with traction control and antilock breaks and front and side aribags. I have taken it out to an empty parking lot in icy weather and learned it's limits - it is the other drivers whoi think that they are not vulnerable to the weather that frighten me. Around here, parents give their kids hummers and no instruction how to use it. They don't even know enough to stop at stop signs in good weather and forget thinking about red lights. Another good reason for leaving this town. Everyone, but me, has too much money.

Edited by playbiller

Just read that there is thread here at the CB where they are keeping track of the weather etc for tomorrow's show. Apparently a lot of flights are being canceled including some from NC. No one knows if Clay got out and the venue says they will decide before 5pm CST tonight whether or not the show will be canceled.

When I responded that there is a HUGE difference between people scaling his fence, stalking him at home or ripping up the grass at his mother's and inviting a TV station in to see what he chooses them to see, I was told "We all see what we want to see". :glare:

One more example why I love this place! :)

I was going to comment, but then I saw this....

some people are looking through shit covered glasses.

'Nuff said, and BWAH!!

I just love that he can still <snip> have fun with his stuff

:o B)

(Muski opens her big mouth to say something utterly smutty and profound...then... :unsure: looks around at the FCA'ers shaking fingers sideways at her and clamps her lips shut tight. But as she slinks away, she smiles, aware that her work here got done anyway. ^_^;) )

OMG....just read this in the San Francisco Chronicle. According to the reporter, this is one of the latest "guidelines" in the Bush administration's Dept. of Health nad Human Services' "Abstinence Education Program".

Get ready.

I'm not kidding. Hold on to your genitals and libido.

(I quote the reporter's paraphrasing.)

This program is encouraging all states to tell their single, youngish residents that they should avoid sex entirely until they turn 30.

:blink:

muski...all you have to do is quote something...we can fill in the rest....great chapter BTW...if Clay ends up using OHN as an encore...I will start looking for a certain supermodel in the audience. :D

((((ldyjocelyn)))) I can just imagine how frustrating this is for you. I am hoping now that this gets rescheduled for you. So Saturday's show might end up being the first show...just one days wait.s

I wanted to put together this huge bday post about Clay...but I have a slight flu right now and am having a hard time concentrating...so all I can say...

Clay...great guy...I Really, really, really like him...I like his voice too. ...pretty good looking and funny...whats not to like. Luckily...he hasn't done anything that truly made me go WTF. He has surprised me with the way he has handled his business...but I always find that he has great instincts and is very wise in his decisions. The people that complain about him...I really doubt they can handle their own affairs with such class and maturity much less handle the things CLay is faced with everyday. I just laugh when people think their age makes them more knowledgable than Clay. The truth is...this guys has done so much more than a lot of us fans ever will. He is getting to interact with movers and shakers in his industry his experience is beyond what most fans would have....and yet...he has stayed so down to earth.

I love the fact that he shared his home with us. I love his home...it is very him. It is classy...but not flashy and ostentatious. Its comfortable and beautiful. His mother did right by him. There was enough stuff in that house that it looks very inviting...yet there is a lot of space for Clay to add his own personal touches...

Bottle...that avi...is a prime example of why I love this guy... his childlike enthusiasm for life.

Those fans that are constantly unhappy with what he does...I feel bad for them...they can;t be having too much fun...oh well, their loss. :P

eta: hee muski...all I can say, yeah right...good luck with that.

This program is encouraging all states to tell their single, youngish residents that they should avoid sex entirely until they turn 30.

:blink:

Yeah, right. :blink: Good luck with that.

ldyjocelyn, I think you have the right attitude. Not worth risking your life for. Sorry this bad weather has come up. I know the hardest part for me is often making the decision what to do, whether to go or not. I know you'll make the right decision.

Winter weather and driving? The very reason I'm not going to the Christmas concert an hour north of me. I would be a bundle of nerves all through December worrying about the weather, so I didn't even think about going. I'm an enormous wuss about driving in snow. :unsure: I'm content with cellcerts and Clack.

ldyjocelyn, I feel your pain. Even though our show isn't until Sat. My friend and I were planning on leaving tomorrow, take it nice and easy getting there. Do a little shopping. The weather is supposed to get better by Saturday, and if worse comes to worse, we could always leave on Sat and get there in plenty of time for the show and other festivities. The bad thing is it leaves everything so up in the air. I've wondered how Clay would be traveling to these shows since he doesn't have much of anyone traveling with him.

Regarding Clive and Christmas Waltz, We all do read things differently. When Clay said in concert that Christmas Waltz was Clive's favorite, I thought he was being sarcastic, and that it was probably just the opposite. If it is/was Clive's favorite, why didn't it end up on MCWL? Just another viewpoint.

I consider myself a fairly intense Clay fan, but really some of these folks need to get a life. They claim to be fans but find some fault in almost everything he does.

I've been following the discussion of travel issues at CV, and there was some speculation of how and when Clay was traveling. Apparently, the Genessee Theatre left a message on their answering machine that the show is definitely ON, which would pretty strongly imply that Clay may already be there. I sure hope so, and will feel better when we know for sure.

dome_snowman_md_wht.gif

Edited by bottlecap

You know the bean bag Clay is jumping on in my avie??? Apparently its called a LOVE SAC!!! :lol:

And I found this at the CH:

From the LoveSac site:

Before you'll be able to enjoy your new LoveSac you'll need to do some serious fluffing. Fluffing consists of flipping, rotating, and massaging your Sac.

Hee! Have at it, Muski!!! B)

And apparently Clay was in chat at the OFC just a little while ago.

He said he hadn't planned to go to Chicogo until tomorrow but Mother Nature changed that. Said to pray that he will hit the high notes and not cough up a kidney. He is still on line but not in chat.

Um, what's this not cough up a kidney thing? Boyfriend isn't sick I hope! :unsure: Not on his birthday!

I gather from reading the chat transcript at the OFC (there is a thread in "The Man" - the transcripts start at post #55) that Clay was sitting in the airport lounge in Raleigh at a little before 8:00PM EST. Yikes - so much for the theory that he was already in Illinois. I hope his plane doesn't get cancelled or whatnot. :blink:

As I understand (according to one of the Raleighites on the CV who seems to have a bit of an inside source - fairly reliable, as far as I can tell), Clay's cousin Jamie is a hairdresser, and apparently she will be doing his hair on tour. If you look at the group GMA photo on the media section of the OFC, Jamie supposedly is the woman right in front of Clay in the brown sweater.

Home from a church event this evening. I really didn't want to go, but since I actually have a paying job at this church, and this event was part of my job...sigh. Anyway, freezing rain going into town, snow showers coming back home. And it's the pellet snow, not the soft stuff. I took it slow, but there was a LOT of salt on the roads, they were prepared. I'm going to sleep on it tonight, and then reassess tomorrow morning.

Well, shoot I was under the impression that he was in Illinois when I left. I come back home to find he might not be. Darn it. Hope he travels safely....

Jamie, the cousin/hairdresser. Shall we start a pool on what time the first complaints about either the hair or having his cousin work for him start?

Thanks for all the good thoughts guys, I'll let you know tomorrow what happens.

Hey! My mom was a hairdresser! And I spent mucho hours in her shop, growing up! And I used to give guys haircuts for extra money while I was in college! Maybe Jamie needs a break now and then from the arduous and tedious job of ministering to Clay's sartorial needs. Maybe I should gt in touch with her to see if she'd like to do a job share.

No! No! Wait! I should just get it straight from the horse's mouth. (heh) I'll ask Clay!

Yeah! Yeah! I'll just ask Clay!

oooh! This is exciting! :P

Edited by muskifest

post-hoing cuz this is just to sweet!

TMZ.com

This Week's Biggest Losers

Kelly Ripa: With her clay-footed handling of an American Idol's playful banter, Ripa inadvertently plunged into the treacherously shrill waters of "What's up with that?" Compounding matters, beyond Rosie's dark "View" of the matter, is the utterly unbelievable nature of Ripa's apology. She was worried about catching cold and flu season germs? To paraphrase a lyric from "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word," -- track five of Aiken's latest album -- "It's a sad, sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd." Memo to Gelman: Wash, rinse, repeat.

Wow, I suddenly really like TMZ. :lol:

:lol:

Something to make you smile!

I <3 Peanuts.

You know the bean bag Clay is jumping on in my avie??? Apparently its called a LOVE SAC!!! :lol:

And I found this at the CH:

From the LoveSac site:

Before you'll be able to enjoy your new LoveSac you'll need to do some serious fluffing. Fluffing consists of flipping, rotating, and massaging your Sac.

Hee! Have at it, Muski!!! B)

First those $200 rings and now $200 bean bags?! Man, I need to get a singing career! :lol: