Ansamcw

#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

I would have posted earlier, but I was waiting to see if my brain cells would somehow align with Mars and blink out the message that even though all the bitching and kvetching seemed to be about low visibility, it is thought, in some little corners, that getting the EP, and the EP's beatimous cover, and the EP's lovely clips, OFF the Sony site - where, gasp! maybe a few hundred or thousand or so people would have fricking SEEN them.....

I need to quote Pogo here - "we have met the enemy, and He is Us "- although I think there is no Us any more!

Hey! At least Groucho wasn't the one who alerted Sony to the unseemly display of Clay!

I am still bummed about the EP only being available at Walmart. I think I am having a crisis of conscience.

I believe that sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in, even in the face of temptation. And little in the world is more tempting than this.....

061027_ClayAiken_WALMART_Larger.jpg

I still have a couple of weeks to decide, but, I hate to say it, I think my conscience will win out on this.

Damn TC! :glare:

Of course, if someone were to give one to me as present, I wouldn't tiurn it down..... B)

And just because I love this picture........

ohmy2.jpg

Good night all!

Bouncing :bounce: vs. spinning :laugh2: ?

OOOOoHHH put me in bouncing

Holly, too

Edited by playbiller

Want to know a really stupid reason I'm unhappy my Sony order will be canceled? Confession coming ... Warning! Warning!

My silly, one little order was a pathetic way of showing that you can't classify a fan of Clay Aiken. I bought 2 AIW, Citizen Cope's Every Waking Moment, Pete Yorn's Nightcrawler and Foo Fighter's Skin and Bones. All CDs that I have previewed and want to get. And free shipping!

Course, if an order fulfillment person even noticed, they would probably think I bought Clay for my blue-haired Momma or my 11 year old kid. Not that I have either.

Sad, huh?

Somebody needs to get bottle another drink. I want to see where she's headed to in emoticon land. Coz I think she's about to smut.

Couchie:

I've always had a strange love/hate relationship with the clorilla. It was just easier to take when the great outweighed the rest. Fortunately I can separate real people that I have met and some real friendships from "the clorilla" which is a bunch of group think and actions that are as predictable as they are common.

Oh, do I hear you. I haven't been to that many concerts - a grand total of three. No AI2, no JNT04 and no JBT (was supposed to but real life got messy.) But that summer of the JBT, for Wolf Trap I ended up with four house guests I had never met before. And even though I got sick and they had to go the show without me, most of the weekend was fanatastic. It was so worth it to meet each one. And we represented almost every age - 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. Five women from nearly three different generations laughing and talking about the same things. And not just Clay; all kinds of things. I can't begin to explain it. There isn't a post long enough to say how much fun I had, or to explain Barbie doll stories, squirrel condoms or singing balloons. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd probably invite all or any of them again even if there wasn't a concert involved. Great group of women. (*waves to Mandler, Skorpie, Loyal and laughn who are out there somewhere ... and jbmarie too for being a great concert buddy for the NAT and JNT05*)

But after meeting such wonderful people, when the Clorilla awakens, it's something I just try and shrug off. The strange Aunt indeed.

I think I'll also squish ldyjocelyn for good measure. Whatchoo talkin about, girl? You got me LAA that night! Not fast enough, my ass. ;c)

Dear God, that's a beautiful cover. ^^^^

Oh Strummer, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's such a joy to live in Northern California where we get together all the time. For any reason, or no reason...and the best part is that I just know these women as just people because we are truly from every board. We mix and mingle, plot and plan - Clayboard, RHT, CH, Claymaniacs and on and on. Hell I don't even know which board people come from any more. And it's always such a joyful day when we get together. I ran into a Clayboard friend at the grocery story a couple of weeks ago. Two of my best friends, and I don't mean Clay friend, but just plain old friend, are lurkers. Muski and I are practically neighbors that were in the fandom for a long time before we even met. Hmmmm...she met somebody she thought was me awhile ago but I'm starting to wonder if alcohol is involved. heee. Just kidding Muski babe. Babe, I only use that word around her.heh. And that's all just the beginning as I have pals all over the states and some I have never met that I can't wait to one day... and one of them is cracking me up right now.

Spitting vs. swallowing? Really, Bottlecap.. heee.

And I totally enjoy being black in this fandom..heh. I've been mistaken for Ethel, Berkeley and Podsoda. Heeee. Funny enough, never KAndre....and we know why that is don't we. She's far too special to be mixed up with anyone else. But I'll never be a minion.

Speaking of KAndre...I finally erased her voice mail message from my cellphone. I kept saving it for some reason..I think because it made me smile. We have a party to plan, indeed! Love ya girl.

OK clorilla..I take it all back.>I love you. heh.

Just in case bottle has gone to sleep before taking that all-important next step to smutville....

Spitting or swallowing?

Click on these yummies and then tell me,

Fold? :glare:

th_ISYwowMiami_2-27-04.jpg

or not a Fold? :blink:th_SLC_YGAF.jpg

Edited by muskifest

This fandom is funny thing. On one hand, what I read on the boards sometimes irritates, incenses, and annoys me. There are posters who can be overzealous in their support, even a little frightening. Some seem to take everything so seriously and so emotionally. Though Clay likes to use the term "enthusiastic," I don't think "crazy" is really out of line. Quite frankly, as much as I can appreciate the power of the Clorilla, I also don't really trust it.

On the other hand, I must say, I've met some truly great people in this fandom. There are people I met on the boards who have been really fun to get to know in person. We've chatted about Clay for up to six hours on the phone, had three hour lunches and four hour dinners. I've had good experiences at Clay parties, talking happily with strangers. It's strange, because many of these friends are actually a bit older than I am, but when we talk about Clay, age is completely irrelevant.

Number 1 - Fold.

Number 2 - So not a fold.

Yes, Muski has a one track mind. Thank goodness.

I'm jealous of the NoCal and PA folks. They seem to have regular get togethers, people within a few minutes of each other and so on. I know there are other fans in the DC area, but to my knowledge no one is really interested in actually meeting except to say hi at concerts. Or they do so without telling me ... Paranoia! Podness! Oh my!

Okay. I shook it off.

And on those notes, Muski smutting, Couchie getting soft on The Clorilla (You do know you'll hate yourself in the morning, right? Ha!) and Jenna acknowledging the crazy, I'm going to bed.

Tonight, for the first time, I got that Sawyer can be hot. I'm slow. And WTH? On hiatus until February? Good luck with that.

Night all.

Eh, Sawyer needs a good shampoo and a haircut to bring the real hawtness back. I am soooo close to being done with Lost. Of course, by the time it comes back in February, my anger at the writers will have dissipated, and I will have forgotten just how frustrated this season has made me.

This guy looks like he could use a good shampoo, too. Sorry CG, I hate this hair.... :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/cjrmax/ohmy2.jpg

Stole this from the CH. From Rock on TV:

Show: The Tyra Banks Show

Episode: (#2059) - 2006/11/22

Network: (SYN) Syndicated

Date: Wednesday - November 22, 2006

Time: 9/8c AM

Duration: 1:00

About: The Tyra Banks Show: (#2059) - 2006/11/22

"Clay Aiken" -- Claymates, Claymaniacs and Claynadians -- they are all in Tyra’s audience when she invites American Idol superstar Clay Aiken to her show to discuss his much anticipated album, "A Thousand Different Ways." Clay sits down with Tyra to talk about why he chose to leave Los Angeles, the intense devotion of his fans, the public’s obsession with his hair and answers the one question all of America wants to know. He also performs "A Thousand Days" and meets one of his biggest fans who declared her love for him permanently on her body. Tyra also interviews the latest model evicted from "America’s Next Top Model."

Aww I do envy you guys that are able to see your Clay friends in RL. My RL experience with the fandom has been mixed. I loved the time I was able to hangout with ShelleyC in Toronto. It was how I always envisioned meeting a Clay pal would go...I was confortable with her right away, we talked like we always knew each other and had wonderful time EEEEEEEEEEEEEing together at the concert. We were also able to support each other as we dealt with the bigger clorilla.

Toronto JBT was my first concert EVER and I was curious how Clay fans will be. To get to the Toronto venue we had to go through an amusement park and it was not clear where the pre-party was. I was also a bit late. When I got there...I knew right away who were the internet Clay fans and who were the casual fans. The internet fans had a real intent purposeful look in their eyes. Maybe it was because people were in the look out for their friends that they tend to look at you and then shift their eyes away when they don't recognize you. I was needing info on how to get to the party and I got snubbed a few times by ladies wearing various Clay Tshirts and I only got help from a couple of ladies that drove up from Boston. They were nice and let me walk/run with them but that was after I told them I was a concert virgin. It was a party for many boards and I went in and everyone were already grouped together in their clique...so I felt quite alone waiting for ShelleyC to arrive. When she did I held on to her and we manage to get a small table and had a great time by ourselves in the middle of ClayNation. By the end of the evening I met quite a number of very fine ladies, that I hope to meet again on the next Toronto concert. But it was clear that there are a lot of factions in this fandom and people have formed their little comfort zone...and sometimes that is not easy to penetrate.

I had so much fun that night...Clay was stellar and I was so glad my hubby decided to take the whole family on a Toronto trip when it was more than 14 hours drive. But I also manage to observed some fan behavior that I would classify as enthu...oh heck...totally crazy!!!! It was more than just the uninhibited enjoyment of Clay...I was surely guilty of those. But there were so many fans that were constantly trying to get Clay;s attention...Trying to stand out and be noticed that it was more about them than Clay. I swear I saw a few people who were actually watching the fan antics more than the stage. It certainly is something to experience. It didn't discourage me from attending more concerts...I really enjoyed just people watching...it can never be boring. But I know now that to properly enjoy the fan activites...it i importnat to have a real friend along for the ride.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE for the Tyra schedule

yup Muski has a one track mind...a very well worn track I might add...

Oh so Bottle still needs to take a step to smuttville???I thought we are all smack in the middle of it already... :D

Yup I would rather snuggle with Sawyer than Jack.

I do think this episode made Lost exciting for me again just because it seems like they are trying to move the story along...finally. But I do hope that it lives up to the hype when it gets back. It better start connecting more dots for us.

darn where are y'all getting these emoticons...we need more Claycentric emoticons...

Eh, Sawyer needs a good shampoo and a haircut to bring the real hawtness back. I am soooo close to being done with Lost. Of course, by the time it comes back in February, my anger at the writers will have dissipated, and I will have forgotten just how frustrated this season has made me.

But bottle, its hard to get a good hair stylist to come to your cage! :lol:

Sawyer is so damn hot I practically drool when he's on the screen. And last night, he was sweet too. :)

This guy looks like he could use a good shampoo, too. Sorry CG, I hate this hair.... :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/cjrmax/ohmy2.jpg

Awwww. But the picture is more than just the hair. Its the look. And the cheekbones..... B)

All the talk about the fandom and the friendships that have come of it.... It is interesting, but I kind of think its like any diverse community - and despite what the media may think, we are very diverse. Some people in it you bond with almost instantly, some you come to love as you get to know them, others you like and get along well with at social functions but you can't imagine being real life friends, and others you just can't stand. In my fandom I have been very lucky to have a couple I have bonded with almost instantly and whose friendship now transcends this fandom, even though one doesn't live anywhere near me. I have been lucky enough to come to love a few as I got to know them. And then there are the rest.

Maybe it is something about being in PA, but I also have a core group that gets together every so often, and almost always for concerts. We all came from a board where I no longer post and met during the IT. As time has passed, and after I left that board, I have noticed the dynamics change some. I am still very close to one of them, and really like another and the rest I just feel like I have nothing in common with - not even Clay. Their "love" for him is a bit, shall we say different than mine. Getting together for something other than a concert is just not as much fun as it used to be.

I have often found myself embarrassed by this fandom. There are still many I haven't told about my "hobby", although I know I shouldn't care what people think. And I continually wonder what Clay must think when he looks out on an audience of women who are mostly old enough to be his mother screaming for him and lusting after him. I can't help but think, as much as he may appreciate us, he wouldn't rather look out on an audience of pretty women closer to his age (at least I hope he would!). Hopefully one day that will happen for him.

All in all, this has been a fun and interesting ride. And I wouldn't trade it for the world - at least most days! ;)

First of all, a mighty BWAH to ldyjocelyn for Aunt Gladys! :D

This fandom has given me some good friends in RL, some local, some who I can only visit a few times a year because of geography, and others who I haven't even met yet but feel as though I've known forever. I guess I'm lucky because there is a "core" group of fans locally who get together every few months to celebrate Clay. We are having a luncheon this coming Saturday, so that is definitely something to look forward to.

ansa, I can't remember if I met you or not at the Toronto JBT. I mainly stuck with my little group of non-board friends and family, for the most part, because I didn't know anybody, either. They were a little freaked out by the ClayNation, LOL. Hopefully, if there is another Toronto concert and you are able to attend, we can make arrangements to meet this time around!

And I continually wonder what Clay must think when he looks out on an audience of women who are mostly old enough to be his mother screaming for him and lusting after him. I can't help but think, as much as he may appreciate us, he wouldn't rather look out on an audience of pretty women closer to his age (at least I hope he would!). Hopefully one day that will happen for him.

Well, as he gets older and the more mature cohort die off, we should get your wish! heh.

I symphatize with all that suffer from embarrassment - my family cured me of that a looooooong time ago. There is nothing the Clay fandom can do that could top some of my family's antics - and it is much easier to dump other Clay fans than horrible family members. I just find it hard to be embarrassed by the behavior of people I have no control over. That's why I carefully select my minions. Yes, I'm looking at you, Couchie!

I love my evil Houston posse and all it's auxillary members. It's just fun and wonderful and nice.

Ahem, who the heck is Sawyer?

Will y'all STOP with the "Lost" talk? I haven't seen the episode yet!!!! But I'll have to say that I like Jack (a very unpopular stance in most of the Lost fandom, it seems), and love to hate Sawyer. Sawyer, hot, though? ICK! POOH! BLECH! I do not get the attraction that so many have for "bad boys." I'd rather have a guy who can look totally innocent but I'm sure is a bad boy underneath. I'd include a picture of this guy, but photobucket seems to be acting up. Let's just say...that banner picture features the bad boy pretty well. *g*

Back to TV shows for a second -- could someone PM me with what happened on ER last week, or point me in the direction of a good summary (preferably NOT TWOP)? Our DVR didn't record it for some reason.

Oh, THANK YOU! I think that hair is awful too...looks like a helmet on his head.

Ansa, I would have to say I'm very guilty of being "cliquish" when I've been at preconcert parties. I think I was lucky in that my first preconcert party, the fandom was still fairly new, and no one really knew anybody all that well, so I worked my way in pretty well. But, after that first one, then I started hanging with the people I knew, so to speak, and wasn't as good at talking to others. I've read stories similar to yours though, since then...and I'm making a conscious effort to at least be nice to people and include them if they seem a bit lost.

The clorilla is a fascinating animal. I'd love to do an actual study of it, but since I'm part of it, I'd find it incredibly hard to be objective....

I love muski's one track mind. I personally think it's a monorail.

Reading about the Tyra show thing makes me incredibly glad for Clay, but incredibly sad for me, because I won't get to see it immediately. *sob*

We all came from a board where I no longer post and met during the IT. As time has passed, and after I left that board, I have noticed the dynamics change some. I am still very close to one of them, and really like another and the rest I just feel like I have nothing in common with - not even Clay. Their "love" for him is a bit, shall we say different than mine. Getting together for something other than a concert is just not as much fun as it used to be.

Claygasm, I know how you feel -- I'm going through that right now myself. I know that fandoms change, and simply that people change. It's just incredibly uncomfortable when you've changed in a different direction. It feels weird -- but I guess if we all stayed the same, everything would be incredibly boring.

And I continually wonder what Clay must think when he looks out on an audience of women who are mostly old enough to be his mother screaming for him and lusting after him. I can't help but think, as much as he may appreciate us, he wouldn't rather look out on an audience of pretty women closer to his age (at least I hope he would!). Hopefully one day that will happen for him.

I think he really does appreciate "us," no matter our ages (or sex, as far as that goes). And I would also venture a guess that women 3 times his age talking about Waldo probably squicks him out a bit. (OTOH, maybe he laughs about it...)

In a way, I'm torn by what you've said here Claygasm. I guess I think that "a fan is a fan is a fan," but I'm guessing that he has a pretty good idea who are the opverly cra...enthusiastic ones. OK, here we go...I'm sure he has a love/hate relationship with us too.

Ahem, who the heck is Sawyer?

He's from Lost - link. The con man with the troubled past who actually has a heart of gold, plus nice abs.

ETA: ldyjocelyn, if you don't want to hit TWoP, you may want to check out the show blogs at TV Guide. Here's the link to the one for ER.

Edited by bottlecap

Hmmm....none of those seemed to be named Sawyer...and I don't see any abs!

I like abs.

I like abs.

Mea Culpa - try under "James Ford". Sawyer is an AKA. The ABC link is weird....

I like abs.

Hopefully this will work for you as far as the abs goes...

Josh Holloway cover

I still find him icky though. IMO, abs do not make the man. :P

AnsaI know what you're saying about the Clay fan experience. As someone who mostly lurked on the various boards for the first 2 and a half years, I often have felt envious of the friendships that were formed and the generosity that was evident among Clay fans. However, it often seems that it's a secret sorority that requires a secret password to gain entry. So I agree that the fandom can be very cliqueish. It seems to me that early on the fandom was more about Clay and trying to help grow his fanbase by being a little more welcoming to newcomers. Now it seems like each group tries to protect their turf and it's more about them than Clay. Get togethers now seem more "private" in nature. Last year for the JBT though, I had a wonderful experience. I had seen the JBT in Kettering and enjoyed it so much. I went with my husband and it rained. After driving home I got on the internet and starting looking for another concert I could go to.

Merrillville was a couple of days later and was sold out. I started looking in ticket threads on some of the boards and found Karen eh who had 2 individual tickets she was trying to sell, I talked it over with my husband and the next thing I know I was driving 6 hours on my own to meet someone I didn't know to buy a ticket to a concert. Karen told me where she and her friends were staying, so I made my reservations there. They invited me to hang out with them that whole evening. They were very welcoming and friendly. That was my 5th Clay concert, it was the first one I had seen more than once. It was the first time I hung out at the buses and later that night we even traded some pins. For me, that was my ultimate Clay concert experience. So, I'll always be grateful to Karen eh, Chardonnay and their other Michigan friend for making it so enjoyable.

The fandom is a mixed bag for sure, I think it is mostly good, but honestly, it's getting to where there are only a couple of places I would recommend on the internet if someone were to ask me where to get more info on Clay and I find that kind of sad.

Hugs to Ansa and anybody else whose experience wasn't all peaches and cream. I really really try to introduce myself to new people when we are at agatherings. It can be overwhelming I'm sure. But I went to my first one for the AI2 Sacramento stop and have probably been to 50 gatherings since in one way or another, between preparties, post parties and local gatherings...ok make that 60. The first person I met was Permaswooned of the CH. And still, I was sitting there during the lunch and it was awkward being around people you don't know. But the ice for me got broken on my very first party. I was sitting there eating when suddenly I hear a very loud, happy to see me "couchtomato!" It was churchmouse...heee. I don't know..I just felt at ease after that. I hadn't really made board connections before that..just thought I was chattering to myself. But I went to Kimmel with a lurker and it was quite overwhelming. I explained to her that it was one of the bigger events and it's easier at the smaller gathering especially when you want to get your feet wet.

Like KAndre, I'm not embarassed in any way. All my family knows about this stuff and none of them have blinked. Not even when I get long squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing calls on my answering mahcine from someone who had just seen the Tom Rivers JBT concert and was in ecstacy. My mom and sister worked the JNT05 preparty so they've been upclose with the intense fans. I actually assure them I'm ok by explaining some of the more nutbar activity and tell them to consider themeselves lucky. heee. At the concerts I'm too focused on Clay to noticed anything else...only thing that bothers me is sometimes I feel the front row folks get nonchalant because by the fifth show they've seen it all and their responses are quite different from somebody who has seen the show once. At the AC Atlanta JNT05 people felt it alright to talk through the show and keep saying over and over loudly...that he's off tonight or this isn't as good as and something is really really wrong tonight ... hello...there's a first timer right in front of you and you may be coloring her experience.

My first few Clay parties were awkward, at first. I'd go in and feel shy and uncomfortable, 1) because I didn't know anyone and 2) because so many seemed so much older than I was. People were laughing and hugging each other; there is that sense that so many have already formed tight bonds. To me, the loneliest feeling in the world is not to be alone in an empty room, but to be alone in a room full of people who know each other but don't know you.

Whenever I go to these gatherings, I notice that there are typically others like me, people hanging by themselves along the edges, longing to belong, but unsure how to penetrate. Now, I'm actually a very shy, introverted person, but I've found that when I make the effort to introduce myself to the other "wallflowers," I get rewarded by a big smile and a sense of genuine gratitude. We'll chat pleasantly, and even if they don't become my best friend, they make the event pass much more enjoyably. I believe that there really are a lot of fans who crave the kind of friendships they read about on the boards, or at least, the kind of easy camraderie that is typically part of board culture. However, it's not always easy to make those connections in a party situation. It takes a little more effort, but it's worth it.

(I will say, that when I went to my first full CH party before the Kimmel show, I was floored by the warmth I found. That was a party where there didn't seem to be any wallflowers [they all seemed really close], but Artquest, the hostess, was so kind about introducing me, and the others were incredibly welcoming. They were so nice, which kind of makes me feel a little guilty about staying off their main boards for so long.)

I have made my closest Clay friends on Clay boards. After PM'ing, we'd agree to meet for lunch and dinner. It's kind of odd, in a way, to meet someone you met off the internet. I realize that to an outsider, it would seem strange and maybe even dangerous. But when you've gotten to know people through their posts, it doesn't seem that bizarre. There is that initial thought, "Oh, so that's what you look like..." (not in a bad way), just in the sense that you're finally putting a face to a screen name. However, if you've had a rapport online, it's not that tough to continue it in person.

RE: Lost. I've actually enjoyed Lost this season, primarily because they seem to have stopped following the tailies and started focusing more on the characters I prefer. Sawyer has always been a bit "meh" for me. I find him more interesting than Jack, but I'm more drawn to Sayid and Jin on a physical level.

I have often found myself embarrassed by this fandom. There are still many I haven't told about my "hobby", although I know I shouldn't care what people think. And I continually wonder what Clay must think when he looks out on an audience of women who are mostly old enough to be his mother screaming for him and lusting after him. I can't help but think, as much as he may appreciate us, he wouldn't rather look out on an audience of pretty women closer to his age (at least I hope he would!). Hopefully one day that will happen for him.

All in all, this has been a fun and interesting ride. And I wouldn't trade it for the world - at least most days! ;)

Uh oh...I know some people who would be very unhappy with this statement... :D But I really can't disagree with this. I think that is why he would often emphasize motherly affection whenever he talks about the feelings of the fans for him. I do think that for some that is the predominant feelings Clay elicits...pride and maternal urges. For some fans...it is clearly beyond that, which is cool...It cannot be helped...we are not dead and we shouldn't be ashamed of the fact that we find Clay totally hot. But what squikcs me out is when some projections start happening and some fans start wanting to get more contact with Clay and go to some lengths to be noticed by Clay...whether working on the BAF or Fan initiatives...or CD release parties or just buying expensive M&G's.... Then when their experience does not live up to their unrealistic expectations it is sad that some eventually takes it out on him. They turn on him because he didn't return their affection. Then there are others that turn on other fans that Clay does favor and it gets ugly. sigh

This is why I don't blame Clay for not blogging. As much as he appreciates us and is very grateful for our support, he also knows he has to set boundaries. He cannot live his life for his fans. He cannot give up his life for the fans. I just wish some fans would respect those boundaries and not resent it.

oh yes...luckiest..I would surely love that! I am pretty confident he will have another TOronto concert...its the when that is questionable...Hey, who know he might even go to the maritimes and that is pretty close to where I'm from.

darn it...I see that lots of other reponses as I type this up...I love having stimulating conversation that does not annoy and frustrate you.

I will stick my hand up and say, honestly I am not that extroverted a person either - I think I've set up my personality that people tend to approach me - so if y'all see me, approach away. Unless I come out and say to you - you've pissed me off (and you won't have to guess, I'm usually quite upfront about my feelings on the board) - I'm quite happy to monopolize your attention. I've enjoyed all the CH parties - I've also enjoyed running off with a few people I like and ditching the CH parties. I'm easy in many ways. Expensive, but easy.

Expensive, but easy.
Ah, KAndre....this says so much and has many possible applications. For example:

Being a Clay fan: Expensive, but easy.

Creating a collection of Waldo shots, enlarging them and using them for wallpaper: Expensive, but easy.

You get my drift, I'm sure. B)

Admittedly, sometimes I'm embarrassed by the MEDIA'S projection of the fandom. So often when the fans are highlighted in one way or the other, the majority of the faces and bodies shown are those of more....uh...mature, gravitationally dominated women...

Not that there's anything WRONG with that (TM Seinfeld) :lol: , just that in some ways, I think the media makes sure that the consensus of the big mouths that Clay's fans are all menopausal, desperate housefraus is confirmed by selective on-camera time. (A self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.) I LIKE that at tv shows the production crew tries to get males and PYTs in the visible seats for studio audiences. They're out there, for sure...but we don't focus on them often enough, IMO.

Oh...last night I showed my chiropractor some Clack. I'd primed her the day before and told her about the incongruity of that voice in that body that wowed them at first and how the voice only developed and the body....well....never mind.

She was intrigued (I also told her a very condensed version of Clay's non-singing star side; ie, family history, BAF, UNICEF, the bullying thing, etc.)...so after my treatment we sat on the floor of the treatment room and I started the video clip of Clay at the Atlanta audition. It's always so hard for me NOT to say something when I'm showing things like this. I want to explain, excuse or otherwise make sure she GETS it, you know? But I didn't. I watched her as she watched, though.

When he walked out and said, "I'm the American Idol," she grinned and commented about his accent. (I'd forgotten to tell her about that.)...then "Take time to tell me, you really care...And we'll share tomorrow together..."

She looked at me with wide eyes and held out her arm and rubbed it. It was covered with goose bumps! She stared at the screen while the rest of the clip played---all the way through the post audition hug and the question that woman asked the other contestants, "What's so special about him?", etc. She was grinning from ear to ear and when it was finished with Clay looking embarrassed and saying, "That's very sweet, thank you...oh my goodness...", she looked at me and said, "What a powerful man."

Not voice, mind you...but "man".... :) See, she's into holistic things---nutrition, natural healing, a sense of purpose and finding peace within yourself, etc. She is very much someone who looks for inner qualities in people and meaningful reasons for things that happen in life:

It was my turn to get goose bumps.