MCWL Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Merry Christmas to all who may dwell here…

Please join the Finding Clay Aiken message board in a “Merry Christmas with Love” listening party! It will be held on Saturday, November 18, 2006, beginning at the following times:

• 9:00 p.m. EST

• 8:00 p.m. CST

• 7:00 p.m. MST

• 6:00 p.m. PST

This listening party will be a little different from our last successful listening party for “A Thousand Different Ways” in that, instead of spreading the album over two nights, MCWL will be listened to in its entirety. Also, instead of listening to each song continuously for 15 minutes, each song will get 10 minutes. MCWL should then take 2 hours.

The schedule will be as follows (using the EST guidelines):

• 9:00 – O, Holy Night

• 9:10 –Winter Wonderland

• 9:20 – Silent Night

• 9:30 – Hark the Herald Angels Sing/O Come All Ye Faithful

• 9:40 – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

• 9:50 – Mary, Did You Know

• 10:00 – Joy to the World

• 10:10 – The Christmas Song

• 10:20 – Don’t Save It All for Christmas Day

• 10:30 – Merry Christmas With Love

• 10:40 – Sleigh Ride

• 10:50 – What are You Doing New Year’s Eve?

Hope you can join us…we’ll have a grand old time celebrating with Clay!

I simply love the simplicity of the beginning of this piece...the piano, and then Clay's pure voice.

Gah. What a great beginning to the album.

I'm here too although for a second year in a row, Clay is dragging me into Xmas way too early. I'm a oh, Christimas is Tuesday? Better go shop type of girl.

BWAH! Amazing what the man can do to us, isnt' it?

I alsways loved this OHN...I find it simple and heartfelt...not really bombastic. I think the only problem I had was that it was a bit too short.

I do love how they added the counter point in the concert...very dramatic.

Man, I was waiting for "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" to kick in there at the end....

I guess I've listened to the concert versions too many times. *g* Seriously, I loved that addition at the end of the song, it gave the song even more gravitas for me.

What a beautiful voice this man has!

Five minutes to next song!

This is one of my favorite Xmas carols ever...and I love how he sings this. Since Play is still on the road, I'll take over for her. Awesome, beautiful. heee. I love "oh hear the angel voices"...simply beautiful.

somewhere in the back of my head I keep asking myself is that how it is normally sung? Doesn't matter - Clay makes it new again for me.

My favorite concert version was Atlanta. It was like he was trying to make up for being without his little star - so had to come out and blow everyone away. It was slightly out of control but still my sentimental favorite.

OMG, the Atlanta one from last year. I couldn't go to it (sob), but even through the cellcert, it was awesome! That entire concert was awesome.

I love the keychange at the bridge. What a way to add interest to the song, give it a bit of a twist.

I forgot how much I loved this CD.

Oh, Holy Night - My first listen I was disappointed, he didn't sing it the traditional way. Now, it's my favorite version of the song, and it is my favorite Christmas Song. What a voice.

I remember a lot of people were looking forward to this song...and was looking for a more elaborate arrangement, after listening to this I listened to Grobans...and I truly prefer this...

and yes I miss the "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" ...that was a brilliant addition...wonder who put that in...Savon or Clay...it was genius.

Whoops...almost had you guys on the wrong song. The back of the label and the CD itself are different, forgot about that....

Love the easy going arrangement here. His voice is so light, he gets the playfulness of this song.

Sleigh Ride - He makes this song so fun. What a voice, oh, did I already say that. Sorry, I'll probably repeat myself a lot. OK, the tree is coming out tomorrow.

Oh, well, I feel pretty much the same about Winter Wonderland, hee. These are 2 Christmas songs that I didn't care that much about, but Clay makes me like them

Edited by atinal

If I remember correctly, he sang this MUCH faster in concert. Correct?

I remember hearing this for the first time, and thinking "he was born to sing this kind of stuff." He's got such a classic voice. Of course, all the people who want the rock star all the time would be frantic, but I'd be happy if he sang this kind of stuff for the rest of his life.

Man, I'm just sitting here bouncing in my computer chair. Love this.