#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Anybody else see this on the iTunes Tuesday email thingy about Justin Timberlake's newest video?

Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake and Scarlett Johannson make out in a pool while burlesque dancers gyrate provocatively with flaming hula hoops. Oh, and don't forget the car chase. Seriously, you're going to want Timberlake's new video to "What Goes Around...Comes Around." Plus, you can only buy it on iTunes.

Maybe that's why Clay's "The Way" video didn't catapult the single up the charts---he used skateboards instead of hula hoops. I must say, however, that I'd lick Clay's new veneers to see him making out with someone in a pool.

Duh. Hell, I'd lick Clay's new veneers without any incentive whatsoever, so obviously I'm jet lagged. :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by muskifest

muski, I've watched Timberlake's new video on youtube, and it's obvious they spent a ton of money on it. I couldn't quite figure out if it was supposed to have sort of a vintage 30's burlesque theme, or if the story was set in the present day or what. I've never been a huge Scarlett Johansen fan, and to me, she's just a twenty-year-old trying to pretend she's a hard-boiled, hard-hearted film noir tough cookie.

I'll spoiler my comments about the ending, in case someone want to watch this epic work and be surprised:

Apparently, if you cheat on Justin, you deserve to die in a fiery car crash. Nice. Maybe that explains Britney's current trainwreck of a life. Watch out Cameron - you may be next!

The sad thing is, I kind of like the sound of the song. Good Lord & Taylor, I might actually be considering spending money on Timberlake! I think the cold weather has numbed my brain or something.

RE: The Candy Song - I read an account by someone who was there who said there were queue cards with the "lyrics" on them so it was most definitely staged. Just wondering if any of our intrepid Kimmel goers saw this?

I kind of figured it was staged since there was that one candy that said "fax you" and another about stage 2 diabetes......

RE: The Candy Song - I read an account by someone who was there who said there were queue cards with the "lyrics" on them so it was most definitely staged. Just wondering if any of our intrepid Kimmel goers saw this?

I kind of figured it was staged since there was that one candy that said "fax you" and another about stage 2 diabetes......

Y'all have convinced me that the bit was planned. HOWEVER -- if you read this article, you'll find that "fax me" is a legitimate candy heart out there at the moment. I also thought Clay's aside about the stage 2 diabetes was, while probably also planned, a way to make it appear more random ("whoops, got "you're sweet" again, better add something to it to make it funny.")

In the end it really doesn't matter if it was staged or not to me -- because that was classic TV.

Man, why does this have to be a busy Friday? I HATE busy Fridays.

Y'all have convinced me that the bit was planned. HOWEVER -- if you read this article, you'll find that "fax me" is a legitimate candy heart out there at the moment.

Fax me? Really? That seems so impersonal! I'm surprised there isn't a "email me" or a "text me" heart (or maybe there is.....)

I hate busy Friday's too. I was really busy this morning, but it seems to have slowed down....

Being next to the chick with the cue cards - they were for Kimmel - not Clay. At least the cue cards under the main camera.

It was funny - Jimmy edits the cue cards on the fly during the commercial breaks.

I must also snicker at the idea that for a dead single, ATD is popping up more and more at CC stations - the video now...

It seems some people believe taht the gifts Clay gave Kimmel were from him. I don't know about theshirts, but the ballons were from Oklahoma Clay fans (seemed a bit excessive to e, but if they had fun with it, whatever. I remember reading on one board about the special M&Ms - don't remember who, but I guess Clay just chooes from among his gifts to give stuff to Jimmie.

I could post this on other boards, but then I would probably add something offensive, so I will leave it here.

Media base today - looks like it dropped 2 spins, but it didn't, it was just a drop off to last week, so the song held it's own, neither more nor less spins. I wasa little worried because I did not see a lot of spins yesterday, am seeing more today.

On NYC radio - they had a new rate the songs - I voted for most of their current playlist as tired and boring. They added Kim Lockes song, so I said it was good. Rweally, how much longer do I have to beat that dead horse by the cherry tree?

Edited by playbiller

Fax me? Really? That seems so impersonal! I'm surprised there isn't a "email me" or a "text me" heart (or maybe there is.....)

That article, which I think was from the late 90's, mentions both an "email me" and "page me" heart as well. I wouldn't be surprised if "text me" is out by now too. Yeah, it seems impersonal to me too, but I guess they think they are hip and such. Maybe they should make one that says "stalk me?"

I must also snicker at the idea that for a dead single, ATD is popping up more and more at CC stations - the video now...

I'll see your snicker and up you a Three Musketeers. (I guess all this candy talk is making me hungry....)

I need to find a Clear Channel station in my area to stream the video! Chicago is my closest, I guess.

It seems some people believe taht the gifts Clay gave Kimmel were from him. I don't know about theshirts, but the ballons were from Oklahoma Clay fans (seemed a bit excessive to e, but if they had fun with it, whatever. I remember reading on one board about the special M&Ms - don't remember who, but I guess Clay just chooes from among his gifts to give stuff to Jimmie.

I'd venture a guess that one of Clay's people went out and had the shirt done. It kinda ties into the tattoo thing from the previous visit.

On NYC radio - they had a new rate the songs - I voted for most of their current playlist as tired and boring. They added Kim Lockes song, so I said it was good.

I had that AC survey this morning as well -- I did the same thing. I liked Lady Locke, and still do -- it's a pretty good song.

Rweally, how much longer do I have to beat that dead horse by the cherry tree?

No kidding. And if I hear "Unwritten" one more time, I'm going to barf.

Hee, just wore Claygasm's ear off explaining my reaction to the TEETH!....Even though I DO think it's changed his 'countenance' for me...

:allgood:

The man is just too yummy whatever. It really IS the whole package, you know...and I'm not even being smutty here. I think that after some time (and some fading of the Tide Extra White, Crest SuperWhite, Rembrandt Lightening White shade :huh: ), I'll come to associate Clay with these new TEETH!...

But for now, Clay...just allow me a moment or two to adjust...

Lord knows, we've allowed you more than a few moments to do that on stage... :hubbahubba:

Miscellaneous stuff: I've seen a couple of estimates that the various boards that were collecting money for the TBAF for Valentine's Day raised somewhere between $15,000 - $17,000. Yeah for the generousity of the Clay Nation!

One of the CV'ers posted that she has an acquaintance on Clay's Washington committee, and he was there for most of the meeting over the last two days. Hope he didn't dazzle his fellow committee members with his new choppers too much. :DB)

Another local fan has been in contact with the PD of the AC station in town. He told her he's putting ATD into rotation every 13 hours, and that he really likes the song. Baby steps, and maybe some good foundations for the next time around.

Miscellaneous stuff: I've seen a couple of estimates that the various boards that were collecting money for the TBAF for Valentine's Day raised somewhere between $15,000 - $17,000. Yeah for the generousity of the Clay Nation!

One of the CV'ers posted that she has an acquaintance on Clay's Washington committee, and he was there for most of the meeting over the last two days. Hope he didn't dazzle his fellow committee members with his new choppers too much. :DB)

Another local fan has been in contact with the PD of the AC station in town. He told her he's putting ATD into rotation every 13 hours, and that he really likes the song. Baby steps, and maybe some good foundations for the next time around.

YAY...pretty cool updates...

Thanks for explaining the cue cards KAndre cos I would swear he was doing the words off the cuff...or off the candies...

:medium-smiley-070:

I knew there was something else I wanted to include in the potpourri: Apparently, Kreativv the T-shirt dude has a myspace page. I haven't seen a link and can't access myspace at work anyway, but it shouldn't be too hard to search for...

For anyone who wants to see it..... http://myspace.com/Kreativv

After muski talked my ear off ( :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) explaining her reaction to the teeth, I think I understand it now - and the reaction of so many others. I guess it didn't hit me the same way because I never really noticed his teeth too much to begin with. The brightness - the beakon in the dark that are his teeth - that I noticed!

But I still don't get those who think because he got his teeth veneered means he is suddenly Mr. Hollywood or whatever.

For those of you who, like me, are not sure just what veneers are, here is an informative piece from Web MD about them.... http://www.webmd.com/content/article/66/79605.htm

By the way, did he actually say he got them veneered, or do someone just figure that out?

This is v.v. cool. The Clay Nation frequently rocks, especially with something like this.

I think he probably just got the committee members all shirts from Kreativv with his face on them.

This....makes me smile. I seriously hope that either the song continues its slow and steady climb, or, as you say, it builds for next time.

By the way, did he actually say he got them veneered, or do someone just figure that out?

Thank you for the excuse of watching the clip again. *g* No, he just says "he got his teeth fixed." I think it was people in the audience who talked about the veneers.

I knew there was something else I wanted to include in the potpourri: Apparently, Kreativv the T-shirt dude has a myspace page. I haven't seen a link and can't access myspace at work anyway, but it shouldn't be too hard to search for...

For anyone who wants to see it..... http://myspace.com/Kreativv

Oh my.... Can you really make an annual income of $100,000 to $150,000 as a professional airbrusher?

Just to add to the mystery about the teeth, someone linked to a YouTube video of the previous Kimmel appearance in a comment to the YouTube of the current one, and in watching that last night I noticed him rubbing his tongue all over his teeth and so forth, pretty much exactly like this time: It will be locked!

Then I remembered that in watching the Greensboro JNaT videos he was doing a lot of strange facial contortions the whole night, running his tongue around inside his mouth while he was talking--different from Kimmel, more like he had something in his mouth and was moving it around, but for 2 hours??? And in Raleigh during the Solo Tour there was a lot of talk about whether he had done something to his teeth because of the way he was moving his mouth that day. There were also many claims that he had something done to his teeth during AI, and counterclaims that he did not. There were suggestions based on photos post AI that he was wearing invisible braces, and counterclaims that it was a photographic artifact. So???? Is this just another stage in a longer process that's been going on for some time? Or not??? Of course we'll never know, but it was a real surprise to watch that other Kimmel video in the light of this recent appearance. The only difference is that his teeth really looked different this time.

CG...thanks for the weblink for tooth info....After reading about both bonding and veneers, I think he did the bonding thing....it could be done in one visit and isn't as involved as doing veneers....whatever...

If it makes him feel better about himself, then I'm for it. Oooh...weird deja vu moment. That's what HE said once in response to an interview question about plastic surgery. They asked him if he was in favor of people (maybe even 'women') getting cosmetic surgery...and his answer was pretty much what I just said---if it makes the person feel better about herself, go for it!

Guess he's once again proving that he walks his talk, is what he says he is, what you see is what you get...

dang. I wish. :hubbahubba: I want to find out for myself just how slick and smooth his teeth surface is post-treatment.... :medium-smiley-070:

*Sniff*

That YouTube link and the GMA picture made me mourn GMA/Kimmel-September '06 hair.

And then there is UNICEF snowflake hair. th_unicefsf_11-1.jpg

And AMA hair. th_ama06-22f.jpg

And the later in the tour Christmas tour hair, with all that body and sheen. th_121317306-M.jpg

*Sigh* But I'll get over it.

Maybe the new hair just needs a little mussing up..... B)

:badpc: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!

I didn't know the message board had a different url and that the board was down, so I missed the party with my homies! WAAAAAAAAAa!

musk, as a verrrrrry visual person, I totally get the mourning of the chiclets. His mouth had a sweet litttle vulnerable, softness to it. Now the upper lift looks all stiff and puffed out. I'll get used to it, fear not, but , I loved the gums and teeth and the old shape of his mouth. when he smiles he reminds me of Liberace or someone, the patented "Hollywood" smile. No, I"m not saying he's gone "Hollywood".

a friend of mine had the same thing done and the front teeth were too big. he had to have it changed. Again, I am not obsessing, okay I am, but to "visual" Clay obsessors, it really is jarring. I don't want him to have a patented smile.

Okay, I'm done with that. Other than that , he was utterly adorable and funny and darling and and and. Jimmy seems utterly taken with him. Gabrielle sure didn't mind touching him. He was so gracious with the chocolate. Acting all eager to eat it and all.

I'm loving all the positive comments at BWE. People getting "our" Clay for the first time.

Kind of WTF over Rosie thinking Perez is such a great American. Does she fall into lockstep over gay issues? Is she overly naive about him? Or is it just "the biz"? I wonder if she saw all the awful stuff he's posted about Clay and other people? As Savonette said over at the CH, Rosie had all the time she wanted to come out after a successful show was over. Aren't others accorded the same courtesy?

Anyway, glad to be back . Couch, I sent you a PM and email. Let's make March 24 a "gathering" for sure. I'd love to see Nelle, too.

I'll be in Vegas, then LA to ring in Persian New Year with my sister IL's family and then Bay Area and then Carmel to cosy up with Clint! (Well he was welcoming me in to his ranch in the dream I had that predicted this all)

Kandre, your take on things always crack me up. I understand someone tried to deny you admittance. Is that true? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

They made STUPID excuses about how they ran out of wristbands just before they got to me, but told me not to worry, they were sure I would get in. I might have made some comments. I then got a wristband.

I found Kreativv's MySpace...interesting...yeah, that's the word...interesting.

*Sniff*

That YouTube link and the GMA picture made me mourn GMA/Kimmel-September '06 hair.

Ah, the truly fantastic, slightly windblown Snowflake hair that has been my background since November. Sigh...

itwillgrowback..itwillgrowback..itwillgrowback..

And it will probably look different again on Thursday for the morning show dealie.

*Sniff*

And AMA hair. th_ama06-22f.jpg

And the later in the tour Christmas tour hair, with all that body and sheen. th_121317306-M.jpg

*Sigh* But I'll get over it.

Maybe the new hair just needs a little mussing up..... B)

oh dang! SOOOOOO much pretty in one place!!!!!!!!!!! hot hot hot...sigh...