#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Thank you Bottle for the good thoughts.

Everyone is so talented on this board. Everybody has such good views on everything, and I am really imprsesed about how much everybody respects everyone elses opinions, even when they don't agree. It is nice to have a home board where everybody just gets along. :F_05BL17blowkiss: :allgood::fca:

You guys are so impressive.

And by the way, I know this does not belong here, but did anyone see CSI Miami tonight. Oh I hope that Eric does not die. He is such a cutie patootie as Rosie O'Donnel likes to say.

Here is to watching that handsome guy with the red, blonde, brunette, whatever color it is for the day HAIR and such beautiful HAIR that it is. Definitely taking my IPOD with me tomorrow, so I can get into a Versed high and do a little bit of this :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: in my stupor.

Check with ya'll tomorrow night hopefully.

I haven't watched Idol since midway through season 4. But I don't have anything against any of them. Yeah Constantine is fun to laugh at but hell I don't even wish him failure. I'm happy Justin is making a bit of a comeback. I'm glad Diana is forging a career for herself on Broadway. The bitterness I've seen over other idols over the years is mind bloggling yet we hate it when it happens to Clay. Not only don't we like somebody getting something that Clay didn't get, we don't want Clay helping anyone because that means they are using him. KLo comes to mind. She has been villafied by many of his fans. Oh the bad old days on RHT..that place was a snakepit IMO. There is such satisfaction when other idols don'tt do well. Well maybe other fans like to use the word karma as well. I didn't even like Carrie in season two but I'm so proud of her. And I'm not a Ruben fan at all but often find myself defending him. I wont't even start on Fantasia as she has the curse of having critical success and being Clive's it girl for a time. Records are made to be broken. The idol audience grows and every now and then the people will latch on to one of them. That's life. I stopped watching it because I know too much about it - the tricks, the manipulation, the meaness. Surprisingly, my giving it up has nothing to do with Clay at all.

And yeah Play, I do agree about those Kel fans. But are they any worse than us? You tell me because I gave up on that nastiness shortly after IT.

Off to watch my boyfriend's 13 minute interview. I forgot to watch it. heee. Bad fan girl!!

Trust me, there are some fans that I am starting to wonder if they are fans or just pit bulls waiting to target someone else.

I hate any jealousy I see, it is so pointless. Do I get disappointed - yes, but I also know that life is not fair for any one, we all have our various demons to fight. I have to fight mine and Clay has to fight his own, I don't have time.

I really do wonder where people find time. I just finished my poem and sent it off for editing, took me quite some time and is V. V. silly. How many people write romanitic poems in limerick format? floue.gif

I have finally gotten something useful to do, it took a lot, but I have been accepted by a charity to walk their dogs - I am going to the dogs. I think it is because no one else wants to go out in the cold. It was that or get rabies shots before handling their cats (who do not get walked). I had sent in my qualifications to a number of local charities and was told there are no positions. Must be a lot of nice people near me. I think I may end up working on their computer entries though, since they don't have a current computer connection. We'll see. dog22.gifdoglick.gifdog10.giflaughing-smiley-012.gifdog.gif

Edited by playbiller

just popping in to give georgia a :big hug:

Well maybe other fans like to use the word karma as well.

I've said something similar to this many, many times -- but unfortunately, more than a few fans of Clay think he's immune to karma on his side. Sorry, doesn't happen.

There are seemingly so many battles that Clay must fight -- his record label, the gnats, fans of other Idols...the list can go on and on. It seems to me that Clay picks his battles carefully. IMO, his last major battle was to put out an album he's proud of. I think he won. So, I will fight for him to continue with this album by recommending it to people, and buying tickets to the show when he comes to town (and even a few out of town, hopefully). I personally don't need to fight battles against other fans, or any other of the nastiness. Nastiness breeds nastiness, to me. *shudder*

Congrats and kudos to play for getting a poem in the contest and volunteering to walk dogs! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Big hug to georgia and strong thoughts!

Scarves, gloves, heavy coats and lots of hot toddies for those in the frozen tundra of our land---saw a weather report this morning and got cold just listening to the forecast for a bunch of places! (I won't say anything about our weather here....heh....don't want to gloat.)

Back to work today...well, the office. Been working. Gonna take my comp days for Kimmel, though, so right back to my desk I go. Later, pals! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

just popping in to give georgia a :big hug:

Ditto, although that particular emoticon seems very "handsy" if ya know what I mean. :unsure:

Hey it's 1 degree here with a wind chill of -13 degrees. Sadly, that's actually an improvement over what the temparature was this time yesterday.

Maybe I can huddle around this lightbulb :lightblub: and thaw out a bit....

Bottle - that makes it seem absolutely balmy here. Its about 12 degrees here with a windchill of -10! You know I wouldn't mind it if we got some snow but we haven't had any real snow this year - I think the official snow total is something like 2" - and none is forecasted. Cold like this is more tolerable if there is pretty snow on the ground.

{{{Georgia}}} Let Clay take you away while dealing with this.

Muski - did you recognize Kenny when he picked you up yesterday?

I have to relay something a Clay friend of mine told me yesterday. I think she is slowly being taken over by the pod people - although she is fighting it! Anyway, her concern was that Clay wasn't Clive's top priority. Huh? Clay should be Clive's top priority? Um, Clive is the head of Sony/BMG which has how many artists, many of whom are bigger than Clay (well, at least as far as their careers go - doubtful in other areas.....) but he should put Clay at the top of his priority list??? Yet, when Clive took the time to meet with Clay and Jaymes and discuss the album, people want him out of Clay's business!

I think some people in this fandom need to realize that Clay, as successful as he has been, is not the most successful recording artist in the history of the world. He is not the only artist at RCA. And he wouldn't be the only artist at any other label either. It will never be all about Clay all the time at any label.

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Why can Clay's fans just enjoy all the many gifts Clay has given us, be excited about what will come in the furture and stop fretting about what they didn't get? It reminds me of an ungrateful child on Christmas morning. They get all sorts of wonderful gifts but they didn't get exactly what they wanted so they throw a fit instead of enjoying the gifts they did get.

Well, pooh on them! I think its just more fun to enjoy all the goodies we have had and will have in the future. At least that's what works for me.

Damn, this office is cold. I really need something to warm me up. Maybe this will help..... :hubbahubba:

blackandwhite.jpg

ETA: Ok, I really must stay away from some of the pod boards because they are driving me crazy (and its slow at work so I have the time...). Now there are complaints that Kat is getting so much attention right now and Clay isn't. Well, duh! Who released an album last week and who released one in September??? They are afraid that Clay won't continue to be one of the most successful Idols ever if he doesn't get as much attention as Kat or whoever the Idol of the day is. What? They think he will be totally forgotten by the public? My they have a lot of faith in Clay!

:bigemo_harabe_net-24:

I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards. I will not go to the pod boards.

Edited by Claygasm

It reminds me of an ungrateful child on Christmas morning. They get all sorts of wonderful gifts but they didn't get exactly what they wanted so they throw a fit instead of enjoying the gifts they did get.

Perfect analogy, CG. It captures the false sense of entitlement as well as the ingratitude.

I have to admit that as someone 'else' gets all kinds of positive press and hoopla, I want to scream to the world, "JUST LISTEN to this man SING, for God's sake! WATCH this man on stage, for crying out loud! FEEL this man's..."

uh...

yeah... :hubbahubba:

OK...anyway, I'm not even close to becoming a Pod Person about Clay, but I can understand why Podism exists. Like the ungrateful child on Christmas morning---human nature, I believe it's called. :medium-smiley-070:

Oh, and yes I did recognize Mr. Muski, but it took some reacquainting to be sure. heh.

playbiller, that sounds like such a cool volunteer job! I'm not a dog person in particular, but I think that would be fun, and give you exercise at the same time. (My hubby and I go about twice a year to our local animal shelter and play with the kitties. We need to go more often, I suppose....)

Bottle - that makes it seem absolutely balmy here. Its about 12 degrees here with a windchill of -10! You know I wouldn't mind it if we got some snow but we haven't had any real snow this year - I think the official snow total is something like 2" - and none is forecasted. Cold like this is more tolerable if there is pretty snow on the ground.

Temperature here right now -- 7 degrees, feels like minus 7. PLUS -- we're getting the snow that your want CG! We're supposed to have about 5 inches before the day is over. Be patient CG, I think it's heading your way....

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Why can Clay's fans just enjoy all the many gifts Clay has given us, be excited about what will come in the furture and stop fretting about what they didn't get? It reminds me of an ungrateful child on Christmas morning. They get all sorts of wonderful gifts but they didn't get exactly what they wanted so they throw a fit instead of enjoying the gifts they did get.

Well, pooh on them! I think its just more fun to enjoy all the goodies we have had and will have in the future. At least that's what works for me.

You can say that as often as you'd like, although you probably are preaching to the choir here. Clay has given me so much, and I'm thankful every day for that. I also look forward to the next surprises that await from him, WHATEVER they might be. He's never really let me down, ever.

My they have a lot of faith in Clay!

At one point in time on one of my old haunts, my custom designation was "You gotta have faith." This was about two months before ATDW hit. And I still believe it true, especially when it comes to Clay Aiken. I'm not the most patient person in the world with some things, but with Clay -- all I can do is believe in his talent. He shines. No other way to say it, IMO.

muski, give Kenny a big :F_05BL17blowkiss: from me! (If you don't mind sharing, that is...)

I forgot to say this. Last night I found the Scrubs rerun---the one with Clay on it. It was so much fun to see him pouring the coffee and talking about leaky cows! and looking somewhat mentally challenged as he wrung his hands, waiting for bad news. And being so focused on cleaning those cafeteria trays. And then...

My God. When he opened his mouth and sang, "Isn't she lovely...isn't she wonderful?" I honestly felt a little quiver in my gut. That voice and that face. I hadn't watched this episode since it aired and...the whole experience of seeing and hearing him sing just hit me as if it were the first time. That smile. The expressive hands.

That voice.

Sorry, Pod People. This man's a bona fide star---maybe not according to your star-making timeline or strategy; maybe not according to the 'critic of the week' big mouth; maybe not according to advertisers' and radio program directors' idea of the 'right' audience demographic; maybe not according to ignorant and vicious slanderers. But this man has both raw and sophisticated talent that cannot be denied. The universe just wouldn't allow such a spirit and such a voice to fail in the long run. I truly believe that.

I still can't believe what the man and the voice can make me feel.

Edited by muskifest

Claygasm...I totally know how you feel...

I am just sick...sick...of clayfans just attacking other artist that gave Clay even the slightest diss. Get over it already...Clay is not everyone's idol...not everyone appreciate the voice and a lot of people do think his style of music is uncool. I am not a Chris fan and I do understand that he is an egotistical so and so...but when an interviewer teases him about having Clay's success and being just like Clay and he chuckles or smirks...I think that is just natural cos he is very far from Clay in style and in the type of success they are having. I do not think that means the guy hates Clay or disrespects him...it just means he he finds it funny getting compared to Clay. That is no reason to hate the guy. But then when you look at how tough Clay fans are on other artists sometimes its no wonder we get so much haters. Clay has a lot of graciousness...I just wish his fans can learn that.

Muski...I do understand the grass is greener syndrome...but I believe that is a sure way of making yourself unhappy...to constantly look at what other have instead of looking at what you have in front of you.

Do I want a Breakaway type of success for Clay...sure I do. I think that is in his horizon...but maybe that is not his destiny...maybe he is destined to follow Barry in Vegas...maybe he is destined to have a talk show and to tour once every year or two... then that is the success that is in the cards for him. That does not mean he is a failure...that just means he made his success in a different way. I think as long as he is still making great music...as long as he is making tons of money and he is able to work on the charities he loves...that is all I really want for him.

But this man has both raw and sophisticated talent that cannot be denied. The universe just wouldn't allow such a spirit and such a voice to fail in the long run. I truly believe that.

AMEN...me too.

GeorgiaClay good luck on the procedure... :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love him....

check out this slide of Clay in Uganda...with Clay commentary for each slide...

Clay in Uganda

I wonder if he wrote this...its very very good and effective IMO.

Hmmm...this must be old cos he says this may...and that was 2005. I didn't remember seeing this at first...but now I do. I guess it won;t hurt to put it up again.

well, count me different. I think it is important for people new in the business not to diss their fellow performers unless said perfromers have comitted criminal acts. This is especially true if you live in same state as the aforementioned performer. I think that AI really needs to teach some class to these performers, but then again AI needs to get some class itself.

Chris has to realize that some years down the line there will be people making snide remarks about him and how his "band" came to be.

The thing is most people seem to learn this pretty fast with a few notable exceptions from last year. Have you ever heard Clay make a joke about Justin Guarini? Now years later, Justin is going to participate in the pre-idol show where various idol names will be tripping off his lips and could have negative things to say about various people, should he so desire. .

Well yeah...I think Clay did make a statement about Guarini in his Elle interview...as I remember it it was a mild diss...but some Guarini fans took exception. I think some of them where TTC mods.

Is it a good idea to diss people? of course not. But do people get upset when other artist diss artist other than Clay? And can't other artist make a teasing remark or think he is uncool or not like his music without people hating on them? Its like Clay is this Holy figure that everyone must respect and people can't tease or joke about. It just gets tiring to see such sensitivity.

Well case in point...yup Guarini will be making comments on people...should he be constantly editing himself to be nice about everyone? That will just be sooo boring. So he should be able to diss or be negative about people if that is how he feels...and this means he can be honest about Clay too.

Muski - you write such beautiful words! Clay cannot and I believe will not be denied. I think he will achieve whatever he wants to achieve. It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen. It may also not be the career many of his fans have imagined for him, but it will be the career Clay wants.

Isn't that what should matter most?

So many celebrities achieve unbelievable success and are miserable. I hope Clay achieves whatever makes him happy. If that means he's not the superest of superstars, so be it.

I always thought Clay's career path would be different from the masses. He is different from the masses. I believe he will be around a very long time and he will make his mark as a singer and as so much more.

And we can say we were there from the beginning. :D

On another note - there was apparently something about AI on the Today show this morning, with no Clay mention. This has people very upset.

Um, wasn't it just last week people were bitching that Clay is always associated with AI and they're sick of it?

grumble, grumble, grumble Ansa is making me go to the bottom of my Clack bin and find my Elle. It is a good think I have almost everything.

I do remember that Clay said he had Guarini on his speed dial, some took it as a complement others as an insult, and some of us never really thought about it at all.

As far as tact, I don't expect any of them to be perfect, but some are much less perfect than others. I don't go around reading things into what people say, tend to accept them at face value and that is why I get into so many fights defending idols I don't particualrly like. Some I find less defensible.

I think Clay said that Justin gave him the 'willies' or some such thing. Which CMSU at the time and then I went, "Oops! Hope that doesn't come back to haunt him." Then...I remember Clay's demenor around Justin on the Oprah show that day....It seemed to me that Clay was holding himself back the whole time from letting the snark and probable VERY sharp sacrasm jump out of that mouth. Thought blood was gonna flow when Justin sorta guy-slapped Clay on the arm and said something about Clay being able to take care of himself or something...

hee....Can you imagine Clay in a fight? A physical fight? HEEE!

grumble, grumble, grumble Ansa is making me go to the bottom of my Clack bin and find my Elle. It is a good think I have almost everything.

I do remember that Clay said he had Guarini on his speed dial, some took it as a complement others as an insult, and some of us never really thought about it at all.

thats all??? whats the context again? cos I just remember the guarini fan reactions...and that I thought it was OTT.

As far as tact, I don't expect any of them to be perfect, but some are much less perfect than others. I don't go around reading things into what people say, tend to accept them at face value and that is why I get into so many fights defending idols I don't particualrly like. Some I find less defensible.

thats just the thing...I am not even a Chris fan. I don't mind him and I tend to like his voice but I haven't listened to his whole cd yet (much less buy or download it). But I find myself defending him because I didn't think what happened was worthy of such hate. If he did say...oh yuck Clay is so lame and uncool, don't want to be compared to him...then I will say...pretty dumb Chris. But this instance he just laughed since the interviewer was laughing at the comparison. I also think that at times interviewers set these kids up. If they are not smart and careful they end up offending people. But I see it often being done to Clay and since I want others to give Clay the benefit of the doubt...I want to give it to other artists as well.

Ok, let me dig myself out of this hole with a comment on media base - the quick cut figures show a new, albeit small, high in spins of 104. Now what makes it nice is that the number of dropping off to the previous week are also higher.

Lets look at the history of spins over the last few weeks counting backwards, Realizing this is weekly (and not really great, but relates to the numbers 7 days before

This.....last

week...week ....DIFFERENCE

?

So whilethe acceleration has stopped, the increase continues, albeit at a lower rate. Sometimes the number appears top go down as huge increases fall off to the previous week. I requested again, I need to find new stations to register with and recommend as well. I do the rate the music every time I geta survey, about every other day. I do try and convince then that I am :whatever: tired, tired, tired of thier playlist.

ETA - nothink like being quoted to show all your spelling errors.

Edited by playbiller

Ok, let me dig myself out of this hole with a comment on media base - the quick cut figures show a new, albeit small, high in spions of 104. Not what makes it nice is that the number of dropping off to the previous week are also higher.

Lets look at the history of spins over the last few weeks sounting backwards Rlizing this is weekly (and not really great, but relates to the numbers 7 days before

This.....last

week...week ....DIFFERENCE

?

So whilethe acceleration has stopped, the increase continues, albeit at a lower rate. Sometimes the number appears top go down as huge increases fall off to the previous week. I requested again, I need to find new stations to register with and recommend as well. I do the rate the music every time I geta survey, about every other day. I do try and convince then that I am :whatever: tired, tired, tired of thier playlist.

Play...all I have to say is...THANKS!! for all you do!!! I definitely do not have your patience. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I did submit the names to TBAF and asked a few questions that the answers weren't available in the FAQ or the TBAF website. Anyway, once again I'll give them a few days to get back to me and let me know that it's a go. I worked nonprofits for many years and realize that most people have 10 jobs and things move at a slower pace. I figure in the next day or so we'll be set. I'll provide more info then.

I've been using the shuffle feature on my ipod lately and the other day This is the Night popped up. I hadn't heard that in forever. Every time Clay pops up unexpectantly, it just makes me smile. Of course once I get all my clay songs back in my ipod (I used to have almost 30 different Clay playlists before the crash) he'll come up 10 times a day rather than twice. And I just realized this entire paragraph is rather smutty. Oh well.

Hugs to all that need them.

Someone on EAYOR said she saw this on CB:

Portland's 103.3 just reported, after playing ATD, that Clay will be taking over the Kimmel show on Valentine's Day and singing numerous songs!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh...

er.....

Oh....

slurp... :hubbahubba:

omg. :scream:

I don't believe it. <_<