#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Because I just cannot concentrate on working.....

On the CB thread they said the lucky licking bitch girl was on Brett's MySpace so I went over there and sure enough, under Brett's Friends' Comments you can scroll down, past Quiana asking when he's coming home, past all his buddies saying they can't wait to go hit all the bars with him when he gets back and on Feb. 1st there is a comment by someone named Brie with the licking picture as her avatar.

My guess is she can't be Clay's secret girlfriend if she uses that picture on her MySpace account. Oh, and in case you're interested, she's 25, lives in Raleigh and her MySpace is private.

And you know, Clay and Brett are so different in so many ways. There's the drinking. Brett smokes. And, maybe the biggest difference of all, Brett prefers Burger King to Clay's beloved McDonalds!!!

Oh the shame!

ETA: There's a comment from Clay posted on Jan. 15th that simply says: "MUCH BETTER!!

HA HA! ;)" Hmmmmm. Wonder what that means???

Ok, so I'm nosey. Sue me!

ETAA: I can work again tomorrow! This is much more fun! There's a comment from Jamie and then on January 5th there is another from the licking chick that said: "I was thinking about you the other day when I went to the airport... Remember when Kristy had to pee so bad and you were shaking that water bottle... Makes me laugh so hard! :-) Not too much longer... Stay safe. " I think Brie must be one of the gang who "we" have just not managed to dig up before!

Then I saw this simple comment Clay left on Christmas Day. Made me go awwww...

"It's really not Christmas without you.

Miss you.

c"

Edited by Claygasm

From USA Today's Idol Chatter:

Clay sold 1,500 to inch tantalizingly close to 500,000 (499,001, as a matter of fact). Should make it next week.

And just because it's interesting:

How Katharine stacks up with other Idol 1-2 finishers:

Her 116,000 ranks her 8th out of 10. Here's the rundown:

1. Clay: 613,000, #1 chart debut

2. Ruben: 417,000, #1 chart debut

3. Carrie: 315,000, #2

4. Taylor: 298,000, #2

5. Kelly: 297,000, #1

6. Fantasia: 240,000, #8

7. Bo: 227,000, #4

8. Katharine: 116,000, #2

9. Justin: 57,000, #20

10. Diana: 47,000, #52 (although it would have been No. 11 this week with those sales).

Chris, a No. 4 finisher, sold 304,000 his first week for a #2 chart debut. Kellie, No. 6 on the show, sold 79,000 for a #9 debut. Kimberley Locke, No. 3 in Season 2, sold 57,000 for a #16 debut.

Hey everyboody. Thanks for all the good will. The tests came back great. Nothing in the old pipes. No plaque or anything that will cause harm, so that was good.

Clay, Versed and Morphine - what a good combination. All is Well. :allgood:

The funny thing, really it is, after having the procedure, I was just lying there patiently resting and listening to my IPOD when my nurse comes over and asked me what I am listening to. She picks up the IPOD with Clay's picture on it and says WOW, I love this album. Color me shocked. She states that Clay is one of her favorite music artist. Has liked him since AI. I felt like that old saying from Casablanca when Humphrey says "in all the bars in all the world she walks into mine" paraphrasing here. It is very weird to meet other people that actually like Clay in the least unexpected places.

So Bottle, I know just for you, can't help myself.....

:3:

Clay sold 1,500 to inch tantalizingly close

What list? I couldn't get past this....something about the words "Clay" "inch" "tantalizingly close"...had me rereading that line, especially after the gif of Clay and his fantabulously tantilizing tongue of impressive inches.....

crap....now I must reread my own line....

But WAIT! All this talk about tantalizing inches reminds me that I MUST reread and finalize my latest chapter on the bus so that I can post it tonight..... B)

ETA: Lawd Jesus....I just saw a big picture that's clear and focused of Clay licking that lucky bit....girl---it's on EAYOR's chat thread....

Holy shit. Every freakin' appendage on that man makes me need to take a freakin' moment. :hubbahubba:

Edited by muskifest

ETA: Lawd Jesus....I just saw a big picture that's clear and focused of Clay licking that lucky bit....girl---it's on EAYOR's chat thread....

Holy shit. Every freakin' appendage on that man makes me need to take a freakin' moment. :hubbahubba:

Any links??

secretpic.jpg

Nice tongue, dude....

georgia, glad everything worked well for you, and it was nice to have another Clayfan on your side today! Very cool.

Yay for selling more albums! The little album that could....

Off to read...

So I've been offline for an hour and a half - do we know the chick's name, the date of the picture, the restaurant, and the exact nature of their relationship yet? HA! Nothing like the appearance of a mystery woman to get the Clay Nation going.

:drama:

ETA: For Couchie - :hugs-1:

Hi, My name is Muskifest. And I'm a Clay Tongue Addict. I admit it. I cannot stop staring at that picture. And imagining that tongue...what a tongue, what a tongue. It's almost....obscenely erotic looking, isn't it?

gawd

ETA: REPTILIAN! That's the word I was looking for....

yeah...

gawd

Edited by muskifest

As much as I love seeing that reptilian tongue (and that is a WONDERFUL word for it, thanks muski), I think what gets me about that picture is the way he's looking at her. It's a "I'm coming to get you, dare you to look at me...." kind of thing. Driving me wild, actually.

Yep, I'm gonna sleep good this evening.....

Yep, I'm gonna sleep good this evening.....

well have you read the chapter yet??? :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Let's just say I read it more than a few times....including a couple of times this morning already....

Whew. I need another shower.

So, I guess muski's chapter isn't a good one to read at work then????

Ok, I finally bit the bullet and sent a simple little email to a local AC station who has played Clay in the past. Mind you, they not only played TITN and Invisible - each at least once a day - but they also actually played The Way and Solitaire! Nothing since (except at Christmas), but still.

Anyway I just asked if they had any plans to add ATD to their playlist and this was the response I got:

With regard to A Thousand Days, it is currently hovering around

(chart position) 30 on RnR's AC Chart, which is the one that we

follow. If the song shows signs of being a solid hit, we will be

in a better position to consider adding it to our playlist. Until

then, it is unlikely that you will hear the song on WJBR-FM.

Ok, well, if all the AC stations have this philosophy, then how can it ever become a solid hit? Mind you, this station is still playing "The Real Thing"! And was The Way or Solitaire ever even on the RnR chart??? I wonder how high it has to go to be considered a solid hit?? And even then, they will only consider adding it!

No wonder radio play on the AC stations is so tough to attain. I guess if you have a proven track record on the radio they play you before you top the charts, but if not, forget it. You have to prove worthy of their airplay!

Oh except I guess if I had my super seekrit decoder ring what that email really said is "When RCA sends a check, we'll consider playing it. But we have been notified that RCA/Clive Davis wants us to never play Clay in order to destroy his career. We did get the check for that!" :medium-smiley-070:

I think that is why every little spin is important and requesting..with in reason is also a good thing. It lets teh PD know that there is interest out there. If this is not the one the label supports...then at least we are letting the PDs know that there is an audicne for him and thenext one with support will get put in the playlist that much quicker.

Well, Cly is still going up, however slightly it may appear - as I said higher numbers are dropping out of the wekk as well as being added, as long as it is greaterthan last week, it is a good thing.

Off Clay toipic, but on Idol

Pianomom on the Clayboard discovered this website on her local paper Where is your idol. It is a map of the US with spots for where the idols are from after the Hollywood round. If you click on the spots it takes you to a map where you can roll over A and it will tell you about the idol(s) that lives/lived there

This Lancaster station must like the Idols. They are now playing Taylor's single "Just To Feel That Way". Have any of you heard it? IMO, its terrible. His voice sounds awful on it - very strained, almost screaming at times. And the song is very plodding. But his voice sounds awful. I mean, it sounds like it hurts when he's singing and that hurts me.

If this is what his whole album is like, no wonder its not selling well. By the way, anyone know how much it has sold??