#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I'm taking all the hugs I've gotten from everybody and sending them right back. Claygasm, an intervention may be necessary for your friend. Isn't there a tv show now called Intervention. Maybe Clay Nation can go on this show. I honestly can't be bothered reading much anymore. I'm a fan of Clay, not a fan of his fans. Yeah, I love ya, see you at the party but really, just can't stand it any more.

I'm working on updating the links on FCA this weekend so it will be interesting to see how prevalent the pod view has spread. I really can't stand the new image of poor weak stomped on Clay. I don't see how this image is good for him at all.

It is like a madness, isn't it? Sorry about your friend, Claygasm. Find the Pod and smash it--maybe it isn't too late (or is that the vampire's coffin??). But seriously, she's in danger of a takeover. You don't want to lose her to the Pod forever. Tell her to watch about 10 hours of clack tomorrow and stay off the boards. That should fix it.

:pod:

I will definitely try to smash her Pod. I just hope it isn't too late......

So, speaking of pods, how do you think they'll spin the fact that David Foster was at Clive's pre-Grammy party that Clay never goes to?? I mean, isn't that his savior covorting with the enemy????

Edited by Claygasm

I think there are sme who live for the whining and bitching. I think its because some of them like to show how smart they are and how much better they could handle Clay's career than Clay, TC or, of course, RCA.

I've known people in real life for several years like this now. If it's not their job that sucks, it's their family life, or something else. It makes me sad that there are people in this world who simply cannot see joy. Combine that with the Clay Aiken fandom (and a man that brings me a heck of a lot of joy), and I'm simply flummoxed.

What really amuses me is how they are all jumping on the David Foster bandwagon. I will never forget how, when we first found out Clay would be working with DF's sister, they were all complaining about that - saying how they didn't want Clay to be another Josh Groban or Celine Dion. But now, DF is Clay's savior. He gets him, they say. He believes in him, they say. Under DF he will record that kick ass rock album they want so much, they say.

What a turn-around!

Especially since LAA is a kick-ass rockin' tune. :rolleyes: Sure, it's a kick-ass tune, but rockin'? Hmmm. Let me listen to it a few more times and I'll get back to you on that, but I don't think it's particularly "rockin.'"

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Claygasm}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I hope everything works out with you and your friend, that you'll be able to convince her that the pod way of life is not so good. The thing is, I think more than a few of us on this board have had this happen -- good friends who we thought would be supportive of Clay, no matter what, only to have them show signs of podness. It's sad, but it's true. In this case, things change -- and not for the better. Anyway, I hope that something good comes out of this for you CG.

This fandom is in detox and it really looks ugly....

Doesn't it? As Clay has sang -- "it's a sad, sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd."

Why would Clay want to go to the kind of party he doesn't feel comfortable at, be with people he doesn't know, is not up for an award, is not performing and it's not for any kind of charity? As far as I can tell he has never played the fame game?

Oh well I get to see him on my tv this week and I know I will love it because it's Clay! I'll take anything I can get. As far as Clay is concerned I'm a glass is full kind of girl! So It's ALL good!

Why would Clay want to go to the kind of party he doesn't feel comfortable at, be with people he doesn't know, is not up for an award, is not performing and it's not for any kind of charity? As far as I can tell he has never played the fame game?

Wellll-elll, he did go to the AFI DeNiro award show in the begining before everything became crazy. Or did that benefit something, and he did represent them before congress, which I always found interesting but odd. 242.gif

I enjoy discussng differening opinions, which is why I used to be at cross party political boards (although I did get banned for arguing with Sam Donadlson when he was a guest at the CNN board. Well, I did until the trolls became a serious problem there with posting in all caps repeating of the same lies over and over and over. I need to have the discussion be reasonable though, reason is a big part of anything. On one multiboard, we have actually had people, including me, admit they are wrong and convince others of a point. What I am missing in this discussion is reasonI am glad that I will be away from my house and the internet more in the future.

My dream revenge right now is that David Foster joins BMG. How sick is that? Because, in real life, I don't really care what he does one way or another. Maybe some wierd reality channel will reshow his reality program so these David lovers can see that side of him.

My version of reality, CLay is fine, he is not the big buzz he was a few years ago and he is trying to live life on his terms, but he has these fans that want to define him and pidgeon hole him more than any label. Everything must be godl, they must have their bragging rights, just loving Clay is not enough, he must be the bestest. The man is going to be on TV in a few days - where it the joy? Why is winning more important than just having fun? Clay looks happy and that pretty much says it all.

Years ago I followed someone who had a rising career, after his second album, he disappeared - he was being screwed over by his label, by his manager for years, eventually he went to jail for years on a hairbrained scheme to make a bunch of money to fund his next project. (drive a truckload of marijuana through Texas). Clay is not getting screwed over like that, although people claim he is. I think he is stepping back and not livingthe crazy life he used to live, I think he is "taking his life back", including his schedule.

Speaking of Clay on TV in a few days, Couchie, how are we supposed to donate this money now?

vale4_W.gif

ANd that is the end of my grousing for today at least! Get to see the doggies again today.

Edited by playbiller

Morning everyone,

I see the pod people are on the loose again. Down pod, down pod. Go back to your own land of the pod people. None wanted here.

:pod: :pod: :pod:

((((((( CLAYGASM ))))))) just for you. Hugs to you and your pod person friend. Bring her back from the edge. Hurry!!!!! You can do it. I know you can.

So all I can say is:

:fca: you are my sisters in the land of the pod people and all Clay haters.

Thanks for the hugs all. I hope my friend can be saved. But I am beginning to wonder. Right now I think she is pissed at me. She never gets what I am saying and never sees what she's saying. This is the same friend who dumped me for R&K in favor of her daughter, by the way.

To be fair, she is really a good friend, probably the first friend I had in this fandom who became a real life friend . She has a heart of gold, but she can just be a bit overwhelming and overbearing at times, sort of like a Jewish mother on overdrive. I tend to be a bit of a loner and definitely need my sace, and it took a long time for her to get that without getting hurt (although I still think it bugs her).

While she was alwys a bit over the top with Clay, compared to some in this fandom she was VERY sane. But in the last few months, I could see the pods making their move with her. I point it out to her whenever I can, but they are definitely making their move with her. I think a lot of it is partly because it is slow right now (comparitively) so she reads more boards (although there are some pods on her board and she is friends with them) and the boards she reads are some of the poddiest boards. You know, when you read enough of the same thing over and over, you start to believe its true.

Sort of like those who see Clay not being at Clive's party as a sign that there is trouble between them and he is distancing himself from RCA/Clive. Of course, he's NEVER gone to those pre-Grammy parties in the past, but don't let that fact get in the way of your conspiracy theories.

People talk about how he isn't treated like a super star, that he isn't at these parties and isn't on the tip of Clive's tongue whenever Clive speaks etc. I think in the past Clay probably didn't go because of his panic attacks. I think he doesn't go now because he doesn't like those kind of things and he's taking his life back. He wants this career, but he's not willing to compromise his private life for it. And he doesn't need to. JMO and all, since I haven't discussed this with Clay.....

As for me? I would rather just enjoy this man whenever presented with the opportunity (like in just a few days on Kimmel!). I'll let him handle his own career. I think he's smart and knows what he wants better than the fans. Will he make mistakes along the way? No doubt. He's human after all. But he's done ok so far, so I think he'll be fine. I'll just sit back and enjoy!

permanentlyswooning.jpg

By the way, anyone know why my jaw could be hurting? It feels like its been clenched for hours and then sort of throbs. Not the teeth - the jaw. I think it could be sinus related, but maybe not. I'm not one to go to doctors or dentists (I don't even have one of either). I just want to make sure its nothing fatal!

Claygasm, could you possible be a jaw clencher in your sleep? A lot of us are and then you wake up with very tight jaw muscles after a night of grinding or clenching usually brought on by stress. I had to wear a bite for a while (the dentist makes it) to break the habit.

Also a highly recommended chiropractor might help and fix it rather quickly. Practice abdominal or diaphragmatic breathing whenever you can. It really triggers your body's relaxation response. Imagine yourself filled with air and space and surrounded by it as well.

Playbiller, does this make me a postwhore? I bow to the work you do for animals in need. You are an angel to our "earth angels". :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Okay, Clay content: He causes me to do a lot of diaphragmatic breathing. :allgood:

Grammies tonite! Sting! Police! Back to rewatching Prince at half-time.

Play I'll be sending info shortly. Also I think I'm going to make a TBAF forum to make the info easier to find.

If people don't know by now that Clay doesn't like those kind of parties they'll never learn it. Now perhaps his anxiety had something to do with it and he will now become the super duper party smoozing king, but somehow I doubt it. Anyway, I will never think of Clay not showing up a a party as some sort of slight until he demonstrates to me he even likes them. See, one more thing to check off the Clay worry list.

Word to all you reasonable women! I haven't even checked PodLand yet...slept late and really MUST go get a grande nonfat extra-foamy latte or the world will end.

CG--and the beat goes on, don't it? Tell that friend of yours (winkwink) to take out her frustrations on her hubby and have a drink.

Play--ah DISCUSSION---a novel concept on some boards. Often instead it's merely taking turns projecting different areas of 'expertise' or 'inside information'...ho-hum

Glass half full? Hell, fill that sucker up to the brim!

And a number of you have said in one way or the other what I truly believe---that Clay meant what he said when he indicated he was taking his life back. At the time most people thought that was a great idea and said, "Yeay, Clay! You titanium-balled hunka man, you!" Thing is, though---what his taking charge of his life LOOKS LIKE--that is, NOT going to pahtehs, being a rock stah, getting the majority of RCA's promotion budget, etc.---doesn't fit THEIR plans for him.

tsk tsk and all that.

See how much I love you women? I've delayed getting my grandenonfatextrafoamy latte just to make this post! Have a great Sunday! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Some days, bed is the best option. Have a nice nap.

Qucik comment onthe spins, they look likethey helpd steady, but in truth they dropped by 3 from the day before, HOWEVER. I have had Yes.com open for days and there was a noiticeable drop coming, but I expecta bounce up tomorrow because people are playing it more. At least those on Yes. com.

Don't forget to request from your local station at least once a week, and request some other stuff as well.

Eh, Clay isn't my employee or my puppet, so I don't feel the need to need to try to control him. He most certainly isn't accountable to me for how he spends his time or for the decisions he makes about his career and even more importantly, his life. It almost seems to me that it's the posters who have been to the most concerts, tapings and M&Gs that some how feel that Clay "owes" them constant entertainment or something. A sense of entitlement can be a nasty thing.

"Feed me, Seymour!" LittleShop.jpg

I'm hoping that Clay and Jimmy are doing some taping this week-end for the show on Wednesday - either a skit or some man-on-the-street stuff or something. No matter what, I can't wait to see the show on Wednesday. EEEEEEE! for the FCA'ers that will be in the audience!

I think he is stepping back and not livingthe crazy life he used to live, I think he is "taking his life back", including his schedule.

And a number of you have said in one way or the other what I truly believe---that Clay meant what he said when he indicated he was taking his life back. At the time most people thought that was a great idea and said, "Yeay, Clay! You titanium-balled hunka man, you!" Thing is, though---what his taking charge of his life LOOKS LIKE--that is, NOT going to pahtehs, being a rock stah, getting the majority of RCA's promotion budget, etc.---doesn't fit THEIR plans for him.

Since it's Sunday afternoon -- let the church say AMEN to all of you! I've always believed that Clay knows himself and his life better than anyone (well, duh). He's never struck me as the type that liked the schmooze factor of the celebrity life -- even if it would "get him ahead with his career." I think he'd rather have a simpler career instead of compromising what he believes in.

What I see is this...he'll be FINE. His career to me doesn't have to be blazing hot 24/7/365, and he doesn't have to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's human. Or, as a couple more smart ladies said....

My version of reality, CLay is fine, he is not the big buzz he was a few years ago and he is trying to live life on his terms, but he has these fans that want to define him and pidgeon hole him more than any label. Everything must be godl, they must have their bragging rights, just loving Clay is not enough, he must be the bestest.

People talk about how he isn't treated like a super star, that he isn't at these parties and isn't on the tip of Clive's tongue whenever Clive speaks etc. I think in the past Clay probably didn't go because of his panic attacks. I think he doesn't go now because he doesn't like those kind of things and he's taking his life back. He wants this career, but he's not willing to compromise his private life for it. And he doesn't need to. JMO and all, since I haven't discussed this with Clay.....

___

Wellll-elll, he did go to the AFI DeNiro award show in the begining before everything became crazy. Or did that benefit something, and he did represent them before congress, which I always found interesting but odd.

It seemed to me that the reason he did the AFI thing was because of his cousin, but I don't think there was any confirmation of that. Also, wasn't that event before the actual formation of the BAF? At that point in time, that could have been his way to "give back via his celebrity." Once the BAF came to be, that was his way to give back.

You know, when you read enough of the same thing over and over, you start to believe its true.

And that is the main reason why I stopped with my former board -- I felt that I COULD start to believe the crap, and I didn't like that feeling.

The fan boards are an interesting thing, mainly because of this fact -- like minds tend to hang together. I'm at the point at thinking that most of the people who have spent time at one particular board (no matter the board) are in sync with "their time of the month." (Claydawgs excepted. :tongue70: )

As for me? I would rather just enjoy this man whenever presented with the opportunity (like in just a few days on Kimmel!). I'll let him handle his own career. I think he's smart and knows what he wants better than the fans. Will he make mistakes along the way? No doubt. He's human after all. But he's done ok so far, so I think he'll be fine. I'll just sit back and enjoy!

How many different ways can I say "WORD?" Because that's the way I feel too. Clay's gonna be on my TV, is gonna be good, and I'll smile.

Well, guys -- guess what? I've got my Christmas song recommendations down to the final 12! (Out of 53 I might add...) But now, I'm at the point where I simply CANNOT decide which is best. Should I post my final list, and let you guys choose out of that? Or are you going to make me work REALLY hard and make a decision of the final 3?

Life is soooooo hard sometimes....*g*

Claygasm, could you possible be a jaw clencher in your sleep? A lot of us are and then you wake up with very tight jaw muscles after a night of grinding or clenching usually brought on by stress. I had to wear a bite for a while (the dentist makes it) to break the habit.

Also a highly recommended chiropractor might help and fix it rather quickly. Practice abdominal or diaphragmatic breathing whenever you can. It really triggers your body's relaxation response. Imagine yourself filled with air and space and surrounded by it as well.

Divayenta, I think you may have hit the nail on the head about being a jaw clencher in my sleep. That's what I thought when I first got it, but then I started thinking it could be something else. I am under tons of stress right now, so I supposed that could be it. I used to do yoga. I keep threatening to start again. But then I keep threatening to start exercising too......

CG--and the beat goes on, don't it? Tell that friend of yours (winkwink) to take out her frustrations on her hubby and have a drink.

Bwah! And muski, you know she probably is doing both!! :sport-smiley-002: :voll:

This is such a cool place and you all are just the coolest people!! MWAH! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:pod: :fca:

Oh, thank God, a haven of sanity. I thought I was losing my mind earlier today, perusing some other boards. The doom and gloom over absolutely.freaking.nothing is astounding. Clay has not gone into hiding, we have appearances on the calendar, and yet people are moaning and groaning as though it's the end of the world. It makes me crazy.

My version of reality, CLay is fine, he is not the big buzz he was a few years ago and he is trying to live life on his terms, but he has these fans that want to define him and pidgeon hole him more than any label. Everything must be godl, they must have their bragging rights, just loving Clay is not enough, he must be the bestest.

WORD WORD WORD to you both! :allgood:

:pod: :fca:

Oh, thank God, a haven of sanity. I thought I was losing my mind earlier today, perusing some other boards. The doom and gloom over absolutely.freaking.nothing is astounding. Clay has not gone into hiding, we have appearances on the calendar, and yet people are moaning and groaning as though it's the end of the world. It makes me crazy.

luckiest1, its unbelievable isn't it? I mean, its been less than 2 months since the Christmas tour ended. Already he has been on GMA. He was the lead-off celebrity for the UNICEF campaign. He did the abc.com "Here and Now" thing. He'll be on Kimmel this week. He'll be on that "Morning Show with Mike and Juliet" next week. That seems to me to be a pretty busy month. Yet all you hear is bitch, bitch, bitch.

Boggles my mind.

So come hang here more often, because here :pod:

I've decided that Clay IS in LA...and was at Tyra's waiting for her to get back from Clive's party so that the two of them could get their own party started. :hubbahubba:

Muski, I like the way you think!!

I got an email from my cousin...I'll quote part of it here:

LOL…oh yeah, I forgot that you’re a Claymate. Well, that’s good to hear that this issue was well supported. I’m running around for the Grammy’s right now, but I’d love to discuss the plight of the music biz with you via phone because there’s much to say. I’ll be back in <anonymous town> tomorrow afternoon.

Don't be upset by the Claymate reference. When I wrote her the first time...I started off my letter with "Being the Claymate that I am" heeee

I have no time table..but I look forward to having this discussion with her. I'm going to create a questions thread just so I can ask what you guys want to know. I'm not quite sure what area of marketing she is in now. It may even be more on the distribution side but she knows a lot. She works with major acts so and is doing it right now so she really is in the know to answer general questions. Her label is not in the BMG family of companies. But still, . EEEEEEEEEEEE. I'm actually excited to chat with her. And I'm kicking myself because other than one conversation back when Clay was just taking off I have not discussed the business with her at all. I mean, she's the type of relative that you love and hold dear but only seem to talk to when someone is ill or has died. She missed the last reunion so haven't really seen her since 2004.