#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Has anyone been watching "The Grease" competition. The guys all get told they need to be more show-offy, more alpha, etc.

Clay's JBT fifties performances were one of my alltime faves in his tour repertoire. He so outshines and outalphas these Broad way wannabee guys.

Huh. Just watched the big reunion of The Police on the Grammys. Those dudes have not aged terribly well. I was a little concerned that Sting might break his hip when he did a jump at the end. The crowd seemed pretty quiet, considering it was supposed to be such a big deal.

Hmmmmmmmmm, Who/Where/What are the POD people??

I still have so much to learn... :blush:

Hee, couchie, haven't you put that explanation in the FAQ yet? :medium-smiley-070:

I tried to search for it but because both FAQ and POD are 3 letter words, it won't let me. I can answer your "Where" question, though. They're freaking everywhere. Except here. :pod: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

alien31.gifPod people are people who believe what they believe despite the facts - They pick and select out of everything to "prove" their points = ignoring or discounting anything that might not be true

here is an actual example -

Theory - Clay hates Clive Davis -

Fact - Clay has never said anything bad about Clive Davis and in fact has frequently praised him -

Response - Well, that proves he can't say anything bad about him and he is totally forbidden to speak the truth.

The only word that Clay ever muttered that was taken as the truth was the word MANDATE, which you will see thrown around a lot. The fact that he said he is HAPPY many times and has only been seen smiling does not matter, in truth it is known that he is miserable over his latest album release and is waiting for the day to leave RCA.

So Pod people are ones who only believe what they want to believe and it is almost a cult now, it is invading all the boards and spreading negativity about poor helpless Clay.

The fact that there are things to celebrate are not discussed nearly as much as the bad things. And Pod people don't say it once or twice but every.single.time they post.

Now, you can have a theory and you can question some things that have happened, but unless you obsess about it, ignore any evidence to the contrary, you are not a pod person. space45.gif

There are other places without pod people, this is not the only refuge, really. It is just that most people don't go to those boards. Then there are the home boards of the Pods, now those are scarey places where they plot geting rid of mods by tricking other posters into following their leads or where they out the enemies of true fans (pods)

Edited by playbiller

Hmmmmmmmmm, Who/Where/What are the POD people??

I still have so much to learn... :blush:

Here's couchie's definition, from January 14 of this year:

Definition of Pod People

People are so busy being bitter and angry and spending all their time fixating on every thing that Clay either didn't get, another Idol did get, conspiracy theory A, B or C they can't enjoy what's in front of them for more than 2 seconds. Good news go ignored. Things that Clay says that don't fit the theory are spin. Those are the pod people.

Do I think everything is peachy keen between Clay and RCA or that he had the best PR there was to have or that things could not have been handled better? No. Is it just as possible that a large company like the BMG group was just ineffective in their planning (like they are with the majority of their talent) rather than the evil CEO spends all his time coming up with ways to hurt Clay? Yes. . Do I think Clay is a wimp being led around by the hand, silenced and unable to contribute to his own career, told what to say and not to say at every turn? No. He's a strong man in a man's world with all the facts at his disposal and will do what is necessary to ensure his longevity. I won't be surprised if he stays with RCA forever or walks away next week. I also think he is a great judge of character and knows every rat in his circle, if indeed there are any. I'm certainly not about to be upset on his behalf based on stuff I have no knowledge of.

And yes, this needs to be in the FAQ, I think. *g*

With some of the things I see posted about Clay by some of his fans....well he doesn't need any haters!

Amazing, isn't it? Sad, too.

With some of the things I see posted about Clay by some of his fans....well he doesn't need any haters!

So true...

good explanation of pod people Play...

Another common theme that has been bandied about the past few days...RCA hates Clay and so cheap that they didn't spend on his video...

FACT: A big part of the expense for a video is shouldered by the Artist.

FACT: Clay has already vetoed the release of the one video. He has chosen video directors that went for the simple concept.

FACT: ATDW songs wouldn't fit in with MTV.

To me it makes more sense to believe that the type of video they shot was Clay's choice. Why spend tons of money on videos that won't actually be seen on MTV and won't help with sales. They needed videos for internet presence and for ads on TV so they shot these in studio pieces. Makes sense IMO.

What is the video for anyway...that is just for fans to see hot sexy Clay...maybe for the next album...

So true...

good explanation of pod people Play...

Another common theme that has been bandied about the past few days...RCA hates Clay and so cheap that they didn't spend on his video...

FACT: A big part of the expense for a video is shouldered by the Artist.

FACT: Clay has already vetoed the release of the one video. He has chosen video directors that went for the simple concept.

FACT: ATDW songs wouldn't fit in with MTV.

To me it makes more sense to believe that the type of video they shot was Clay's choice. Why spend tons of money on videos that won't actually be seen on MTV and won't help with sales. They needed videos for internet presence and for ads on TV so they shot these in studio pieces. Makes sense IMO.

What is the video for anyway...that is just for fans to see hot sexy Clay...maybe for the next album...

Remember how many people HATED the video for "The Way"? That was Clay's idea. CLAY'S IDEA - not RCA's. Not Clive's. Clay's. And people hated it. And now they hate this one. Why can't they imagine this was Clay's doing too??

I also think this video was made with a different purpose in mind. It was made for the yahoo thing. Not for TRL. I don't think it was ever meant to be a traditional music video.

Seems to me that according to the Pods today it is clear that Clay is leaving RCA and that's why he's been so quiet lately and was not at Clive's party. He's just sitting it out waiting for the official promotional period for ATDW to end so he can announce his label change. People are practically celebrating already.

And its clear Clay hates Clive but he's not allowed to say anything against him. In fact, since Clive has approval over the liner notes, even those words - which clearly were not sincere - were forced on him by Clive. He cannot have an independent thought without label approval. Even when he said in his blog that the label does not tell him what to say he was actually told to say that by the label (I am sure to throw people off the trail of the truth).

And there's more. I truly think the Clay world has gone mad!! There is no other explanation for what is going on at board after board after board. It scares me to think what will happen if Clay stays at RCA (which personally I suspect he will do - but that is just based on a hunch and that I swear I heard ages ago he had a 5 record deal). Not to mention what will happen if he eventually re-signs with RCA!

And what excuses will they offer if Clay does sign with another label - with David Foster - and his next album is filled with pretty ballads with lots of glory notes and not an rockin' song among them???

I really do believe that the intensity with which some fans have followed Clay since AI and the fact their votes were responsible for his being where he is has given some fans a false idea of their role in Clay's career. What they need to get is they are just his fans. They are not his manager, his publicist, his producer, his mentor, his boss or even his mother. They are just fans and their only job is to cheer for him and buy his albums and go to his concerts if they can. They have no say in his career choices, his label choice, his relationships - both personal and professional - or in any other aspect of his life.

And that's what they just don't get.

Hi! Just a note to listen in Monday for the preview of some of the new songs I will be adding this week. This week's selections will include tracks by Fine Young Cannibals, Vince Falzone, KT Tunstall, Michael Buble, White Stripes, Josh Gracin, Jon Peter Lewis, Ayla Brown, Patrick Hall, Katharine McPhee, Tim McGraw, Johnny Cash, Celine Dion, Suzie McNeil and Clay Aiken.

In case you don't remember, Ayla Brown and Patrick Hall were both in the top 24 last year.

On Tuesday you can read more about this week's selections on the Rose Radio blog.

Rose Radio

eta: Playbiller, I noticed that you have been posting links to my radio station on different boards. Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by roseviolet

:Morning:

Hey -- do you really like the AIW cover picture? I mean, REALLY like it?

Check it out here....

And if you click on "original" size -- he'll be HUGE.

Heh.

Claygasm, another great rant last night. I so totally agree with you about our role in his life -- as a fan. I do think that one of the problems is that so many of the fans were disappointed with the album, it wasn't what they wanted. But, instead of saying "OK, I'll just lay low for a while and wait for the next one," they realized their addiction to Clay, and maybe more importantly, the fan boards. They NEED to be talking about Clay constantly. IMO, backing away for a while is a good thing. It's hard, incredibly hard -- but I've done it for a few weeks, and can probably do it again. Clay is NOT my entire life, and that is what is seems to be with more than a few fans, to me.

And I hate people who micromanage life.

And its clear Clay hates Clive but he's not allowed to say anything against him. In fact, since Clive has approval over the liner notes, even those words - which clearly were not sincere - were forced on him by Clive. He cannot have an independent thought without label approval. Even when he said in his blog that the label does not tell him what to say he was actually told to say that by the label (I am sure to throw people off the trail of the truth).

BWAH! Thank you, I really needed to read that this morning. :pod:

Well, Ex- Cuuuuuuuuse me - all grumpy faces - 2 more days and tongue2.gif (forthe toungue people0 and we have Kimmel!!!1

Let's just add to the joy - the mediabase today is 108 - now that looks like it is up 8 from yesterday, but it is up 9, because 1 more went to the previous week, but really 7 because it is the differentce - still all goooood!

I fully intend to be joyful today and take Holly to the dog run beforethe temperature drops and the first major snow storm ofthe season hits!

294.gif294.gif294.gif294.gif294.gif294.gif294.gif294.gif

There are other places without pod people, this is not the only refuge, really. It is just that most people don't go to those boards. Then there are the home boards of the Pods, now those are scarey places where they plot geting rid of mods by tricking other posters into following their leads or where they out the enemies of true fans (pods)

Can you provide some links? Because I think I need to find some new places to surf. Thanks!

I am not a member and have not read it lately, but have been here from time to time and think this is a refuge http://simplyclayonline.com/

Pod discussions are at a minimum, but trolls run free at aikenforums.com. There are many people from other countries here, a lot of people who illegally share some stuff andother things you have to deal with, but once you put some people on ignore, it's fine. It is more abut friendship than about changing Clay's career at heartfulhouse.com, which is small and everyone knows each other, although there are some fans who are a little to helpful, but what else is new, not everyone sees fandom in the same way, nor should they.

There are lots of places in this fandom, you just have to look around a bit and not concentrate on the better known.

TVclubhouse.com does not have an active ai2 board right now, just a dribble here and there, but the member boards are fun to hang out at and it is THE place for me to watch other reality TV shows. Someone is always watching the same stupid show I am. This board predates TWOP for me and is a much easier place to deal with, but it is hard to get used to reading the boards because of the strange way the pages are archived. TTC is a lot more fun lately.

Althought I really haven't spent a lot of time there, you will find a lot of our friends at http://www.bestofclay.com

Edited by playbiller

the mediabase today is 108 - now that looks like it is up 8 from yesterday, but it is up 9, because 1 more went to the previous week, but really 7 because it is the differentce -

Play, this CMSU! :lol: My poor brain went round and round....but I just took the last words "still all gooood!" and ran with them. ^_^

And so another week begins....I'm trying not to get too excited about my Kimmel trip...although the thought of hitting Hollywood with KAndre and Scarlett has me all a-twitter. :voll: But regarding Clay on the show? I'm just not going to expect anything. Maybe all we'll get is a few minutes on the couch (OH GAWD, IF ONLY :hubbahubba: )...maybe he'll surprise everybody and sing something. Maybe Tyra will surprise everybody and appear and sit on Clay's lap.

Who knows? I'm just happy I'll be there. (muski scrambles to find dark clothing to offset the extra poundage the camera puts on...just in case :blush: )

Eeeeeee!! That Lancaster, PA station is playing ATD again!!

How come I am excited about hearing a song on the radio that I don't even like????

They'll probably play it again later if you want to stream. http://roseradio.com/

Kimmel this week!! Can't wait for the reports from our representatives!!

:allgood:

:onsoapbox:

What I don't understand about the pod people mentality is this: why is everything so cut and dried? Black and white? It seems to me that if you don't fit into the mentality that Clive Davis hates Clay Aiken, or that RCA is ruining Clay's career, then you must be someone who simply LOVES Clive and RCA. It's an "either or" situation. I'm sorry, but that bugs the snot out of me. It could be exactly as they say -- Clay's career is ruined at the moment. But...it could be that Clay and Clive simply love each other; Clive's just not that vocal about it. (Isn't that true of some men in your life? *g*) It also could be that Clive and Clay, or RCA and Clay, or Roger and Clay, or insert name here and Clay had a few disagreements, but things worked out in the end to everyone's satisfaction.

The key is, and I've got to write it in caps, sorry for the shouting:

WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

I've yet to see one "fact" to convince me of anything wrong with Clay's working relationship with those around him. And, as a librarian, I'm trained to ask "what are the sources?," so that if someone tells me they've heard something, I certainly want to know the original source of the entire scenario in order to make an informed decision. If they can't come up with that -- IMO, they just need to keep it to themselves. Maybe that can be considered censorship...but I don't think so. I personally call it "knowing when to say when."

As a fan, it is NOT my job to know everything that goes on in Clay Aiken's career. It's not. I love Clay Aiken dearly, and care about him enough to want the very best for him. But can I, as a fan, do anything to change his world in this regard? I think not. And personally -- I don't want that kind of power. To me, it smacks of trying to be his mother; he's already got one of those.

I sure wish I knew why people think this is an "one way or the other" issue. Life simply isn't like that.

And I'm going to end this little soap box issue with some lyrics to a song that Clay sang so beautifully for me. These lines have always resonated with me, and I think they do fit:

Why, oh why are you afraid?

Has this world stripped you of your faith?

It is the same way many people see politics now - good versus evil instead of differing opinions that can be discussed.

I think people are tired of thinking. It probably has always beenthis way, it is just amplified by the parents that spend all their time taking thier kids places (don't kill me proactive parents) that they can't be bothered to learn the issues for electiuons taht affect their children's future (global warming- yes or no, certain wars - yes or no) instead it is dogma 0 if you are not supporting me, without wanting to know where I get my information, you are an enemy or you are a deluded fool.

DOn't get me wrong, some times I thing the pod talk gets dogmatic. I like to think we are the 'we don't know, hence we are not going to speak as experts " group, but others may disagree with me. smileys4.gif

Time to go dog.gif

Hee! Love this....MSNBC, who is NOT generally Clay friendly, has posted about Clay's contest from his blog...and presents the story in a straightforward manner, with no disparaging remarks...

Aiken's Creative Writing Project

This is the kind of publicity I just KNOW Clay and team hoped would eventually come from his blog. He had to have known it would get out beyond just the fan club. This is pretty cool, IMO.

Then again, WTF do I know? :allgood:

I am amused at the all or nothing attitudes also. Its also goes to the attitude often expressed that if you don't totally and completely believe that Clay hates RCA/Clive and visa versa then you are naive and/or have your head in the sand.

The fact is, as ldyj so eloquently said, WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

There are some among the pods who NEVER say IMO, or "I think" or other such qualifiers. They state their opinions as fact and then soon their words are regarded as fact.

They aren't.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes in Clay's career. Maybe the pods are right and there is some grand conspiracy to destroy Clay's career and Clive is so evil that his every waking thought is about how to accomplish this. I doubt it, though. My guess is they have a business relationship, probably a decent one. However, Clay is not the only artist signed to the Sony/BMG group Clive heads, so the fact Clive pays attention to other artists is not proof Clive hates Clay and is out to destroy him. But with any business relationship when there are disagreements (as inevitably there are), there are negotiations, there are compromises and when all is said and done if push comes to shove, the man holding the purse strings gets the last word. I am sure its that way with RCA/Clive and I am also sure it would be that way with any label he may or may not sign with in the future.

Even if Clay chooses to leave RCA doesn't mean he hates Clive or that Clive hates him or that any of the conspiracy theories were right. It could just mean he got a better deal elsewhere. Just like if he were to stay with RCA it would likely mean he got the deal he wanted from them. I have to say, I would love it if Clay re-signed with RCA just to see head explode around the Clay Nation. I am sure, though, if he chooses to stay at RCA it will be spun that somehow Clive/RCA took Raleigh and Durham hostage and forced him to re-sign just so they could continue to destroy him.

They're evil that way you know. :medium-smiley-070:

ETA: Love that his blog is being picked up as real news! You go Clay! (And the fact that he said bull$#@& and gave them the finger will probably help give him street cred and make him cool! :lol: )

Edited by Claygasm

Now this is interesting.

From dksfriend at CV:

I just got a Rate the Music survey for my local AC station and A Thousand Days was on it! This is DIFFERENT from the generalized AC surveys sent out periodically by Rate the Music; this survey is station-specific. It includes the title of the song but not the name of the performer. I was glad to see "A Thousand Days" included!

Sounds good to me. I finally just signed up yesterday for the listener panel on my local AC station in case it gives me any sort of chance to rate Clay there.

Man, what a disappointment, I jsut too k two surveys yesterday and no ATD. Therewas a special won with two singers that did not appeal to me rating all their songs, I flushed them. Reallly, and they were singing covers, I said that others sang these songs much better, we didn't need these versions - they really sucked, though, singing through the knose, the breathy girly voice. Ick.

taunt012.gif

(And the fact that he said bull$#@& and gave them the finger will probably help give him street cred and make him cool! )

Ah, sad but true...I have to admit I was ridiculously happy that he did both....partly because having him actually say these things gives me great images and fantasy fodder-heh-AND because it gives me a chuckle imagining all the angelwingers having seizures. Yeah, I'm a heartless bitch. :bitch:

Got a problem with that? <_<

Yep, I don't mind if Clay's blog gets spread around because it is his own words and he spoke so damn eloquently. But a MSNBC celebrity blog is not exactly mainstream as of yet. We'll see.

As far as if your're not rolling on the ground crying in grief over Clay's career means you love Clive..I'm not suprised that is what people think. I've always hated the being negative means you're critically thinking argument. Same thing. I call bullshit to both.

The thing is...I don't give a rat's ass about Clive. I've always hated that ghoul looking s.o.b. I admit it takes some imagination to come up with some of these conspiracy theories, epsecially when they involve other idols, but it takes even more not to try to put everything that happens to Clay into some kind of box that fits your theory. Like suddenly people started to believe some new force was in Clay's corner because suddenly he was getting good press. Hello? Clay has ALWAYS gotten good press even in the darkest hour. There is no way on earth anybody will ever convince me that there is some new hand behind Clay based on that. NEVER. I call that thinking for myself. And the constant Roger bashing? I won't even get started on that.

Nor do I believe that some marketing god can just fix everything with a damn press release or releasing good news items on a daily basis. You can't control who picks up what, what takes off. You just can't. I don't care if you say Clay has fans of all ages..I know he does...but if a reporter goes to a concert and sees that first 10 rows taken up by all women, a lot of them over the age of 40, then that is what they will remember. Hell even I go to events sometimes and say..yep we fit the profile. The thing is not to be embarassed by that. Embrace that shit.

We've seen examples of this over and over in this fandom of trying to control the media. The reporters still write what the heck they want. 9 fans sues clay is just more sexy than Clay's fans are going to take him to the top of the charts with cd release parties...or in that case, Clay is named to a presidential committee. Now if it was presidential committee vs Clay forms Buble/Aikden foundation - the presidential commission would still win again. But then I wonder who would win between the fans suing and the commission. Clay's work with TBAF and UNICEF (until lately) has been vastly overshadowed because people just don't give a shit abou that. WHen did TBAF get some ink and lots of it...when it was claimed that he was misuing funds. Before that...hardly anything on a massive scale...just lots of local stuff.

I personally have no problem believing Clay and and RCA are not a good fit. What I'm NOT going to do is spend my days missing out on the joy that is Clay over shit I can't do anything about. And while I'm willing to say that there might be an element of truth to some of the poddie ramblings...I sure as hell don't believe Clive Davis spends every waking moment plotting revenge on Clay Aiken when all he has to do is show him the door or delay his album for 5 years. I've never been happ with Clay's promotion and I laughed when that woman told Corabeth he was gettinsg superstar treatment. But even after all is said and done. I do believe that there was a plan behind it. I can even understand it to a degree considering everything that happened in 2005.

I also believe that Clay is a strong man and not a weak little boy being pulled along by his hair and he'll handle what ever is going on. He has the means and he has the full knowledge. And I'll support him with whatever he decides is best for him. That includes buying whatever he puts out and not overthinking how not buying it will show the eveil them somehow. That means supporting his bid for radio even if the evil RCA is not supporting him. I thought that's what we were for, silly me.

Play, thanks for the spins. One spin at a time. Whoo hooo.