#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

It amazes me how much all over the Clay world people are discussing his teeth! Even more than his hair!

I can understand a few comments last night when we were blinded by his smile. I can understand a few posts on like them or not like them. But this is riduclous!

I haven't been to the OFC but a quick visit to a few other boards amazed me. Posts on whether those teeth means he has "gone Hollywood". Post saying he's trying to be something he's not. I am surprised we haven't read that evil RCA/Clive forced him to do it!

Geez.

Why aren't we talking about how cute and funny he was? Why aren't we talking about how he looked cute with Gabrielle Union? Why aren't we talking about how comfortable he seemed - and happy?

As short as it was, it was such a cute, funny, adorable appearance.

And all over the boards they are talking about his teeth.

What's wrong with this picture????????

Oh well. Its business as usual in the Clay Nation I guess. :medium-smiley-070:

Now I must go to bed. Since I am dug out I have to go to work tomorrow. Oh joy!

There are 148 pages in one thread about the Kimmel show but most of it is about his teeth! Yup he's gone "Hollywood"...OMG the end is nigh!!!!!

:ruserious:

:whatever:

Why aren't we talking about how cute and funny he was? Why aren't we talking about how he looked cute with Gabrielle Union? Why aren't we talking about how comfortable he seemed - and happy?

I don't know...why? So....

I thought Clay was simply adorable last night. The way he was giving props to "Kreativve" was hysterical. His song for Jimmy was inspired (no matter if he came up with the concept, or Jimmy did, or Jimmy's people did). The flirting between him and Gabrielle was so cute -- I loved that she brought both Clay AND Jimmy presents. I do think Tyra has some competition now. Heh. And if his laughter is any indication -- he's hella happy. And that makes me happy.

I wuv him.

vlcsnap-84467.jpg

As short as it was, it was such a cute, funny, adorable appearance.

The million dollar question... and the reason I'm trying to extract myself from this fandom. If I read that crap it would totally depress me. I can understand not liking one or the other but it's his damn mouth. HIS. It's dental work, not a face lift. Yippe Clay, has his loving Claymates. Sigh. What a joke that is. But I'm sure since they sent balloons and flowers and money to show their support and Love, they have a right to tear him to shreads at every opportunity. Oh the f'ing irony.

Aww, I think some people are just sad for the chicklets. I know I'll miss them. His cute teeth were one of my favorite parts of him to drool over. Of course it's his mouth and his choice and not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of him, but for those who lurve the chicklets, it's just a small period of adjustment. I bet even he's looking in the mirror occasionally going WTF? LOL!

It's the fans that simply cannot allow those of us who need a minute to take one, and those fans who need to ascribe some overdramatic reason for it all that just make the whole thing blow way out of proportion.

I tried to be part of the OFC for awhile, but I gave up about a month ago. There's WAY too much bitterness and contrived, planned passive-aggressive - hell, outright aggressive BS going on at that place. It's ridiculous! Who wants to spend their time constantly bickering and trying to be important?!

Anywho, I love that Clay Aiken fella even without his little teefies. He's a tiger. Hee. I just watched the Candy Song on YouTube about 40 times. How cute is that thing?

:wub:

I wonder how his meeting is going? Did he take a red-eye? Attend via phone? Not go?

You described it pretty well..we're just one big ass dysfunctional family. I've always been disheartened that the OFC was a war zone. But it was inevitable considering that the board came along so long after everybody had formed allegiences and opinions about everybody else. It's quite sad to me actually.

So what's next for Clay. A co-hosting gig right? What do we expect from this. What kind of show is it and what did other co-hosts do? Will he be a part of the whole show or just have a segment or two. Can he slap his hand over anybody's mouth? Wonder if it will get publicity..see Clay Aiken's first co-hosting gig since he shut up Kelly. Anyway, I'm going to try to concentrate just on Clay because the alternative makes my blood pressure rise.

My other favorite red head will be on Kimmel tonight. Whoo hooo.

I just read on the CB that there's a rumor of extending Nightline to an hour and bumping Jimmy back to very late night. They should team up Clay and Jimmy and move them to Prime Time instead. They could do a comedy, variety, musical kind of show. Don't know whether Clay could get the serious talk in that he would want to. Maybe something like Laugh-In???

I wonder--rumors of something going on with Kimmel/ABC/Disney go waaaaay back.

Well, with the state of politics, I am sort of back - but I do want to add - part of the problems with Clay appearances, is that people get thier hopes up too much that this will be the gig that takes him to the top. It is just a job to Clay.

Today Mike and Juliet had Constantine on again, he seems to be a regular there now. I know that people are talking about this as a co-hosting gig, but these people don 't have co-hosts persay, they have idols on to talk about AI always ON THURSDAYs. I hope Clay gets good exposure, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much because I know this show and the jerky hosts. Today Rob and Amber were on as well, they had them off site cooking for a challenge - no one got to talk much as they were mostly doing this stupid challenge. I will watch tomorrow and see if and how they mention CLay next week, I am not too observant, so I should probably tape it - Holly dog duty (doody?) usually calls about then.

I didn't want to smack people here, I just have to stay off most of the Clay boards right now, that is all, because if you can't say anything noce, don't be like Ripa.

Edited by playbiller

Oy! It's late and real life's back in full force...got home today and was immediately consumed by my wife/mother/daughter, etc. role...want to write something about my trip, experience, first date with the new TEETH!, etc.....

but now that I finally have a minute, I need to get to SLEEP!

I hope I can report tomorrow... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

There's stuff at the OFC beyond Clay and Jemock's blogs? News to me... HA! ;) I'm actually in a pretty good place in my fandom right now and am not particularly pissed off at anyone for a change.

There could have been more content to the interview section of the Kimmel appearance, but the Candy Hearts song was an instant classic. I'd love to know how it came together, and if Clay was actually singing the words off the hearts he picked up or if the song was semi-scripted. Having watched it several times, I really think Clay did a great job of selling the bit, starting with his "confusion" at Jimmy's suggestion that he promised to sing a song all the way through to his big glory note, topped off with tossing a handful of hearts in the air. Hee. He certainly holds my heart in the palm of his big paw... (Aw, stop gagging, I'm just feeling sappy this morning.)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think my favourite part of the whole "Candy Song" skit (after *mumblemumble* viewings) is when he plunks himself back down in the chair after it's done, right before they cut to commercial, and pops a candy in his mouth. The look on his face and his body language just says "heh, I pulled that one off, didn't I?" to me. This is probably going to become one of my most zaprudered pieces of clack ever. *g*

Thread title? I vote for not mentioning anything to do with the teeth. Seriously, I've never seen anything so blown out of proportion in my life..........and I'm not talking about this board. :rolleyes:

{{{{{{{{YSRN}}}}}}

I can understand needing a small period of adjustment. I think almost everyone of us has gone through that at some time or another regarding Clay. I think the key is "small period" though. As a person who, in regards to Clay, frequently takes the Cher/Moonstruck position ("SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!"), it can be difficult for me to see people wallowing in some of the changes Clay has gone through, and drawing what seems to be misery out for a length of time. I know that some people will get over things fairly quickly, and I personally don't mind that.

Also -- I'm just least observant person on the planet in regards to changes in people. The hair for Clay was pretty obvious to me. But -- weight gain? Weight loss? Teeth fixed? I'm usually like "huh?"

I bet even he's looking in the mirror occasionally going WTF? LOL!

This...I'll agree with. Heh.

I wonder how his meeting is going? Did he take a red-eye? Attend via phone? Not go?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I hope he was able to attend in some way.....

You described it pretty well..we're just one big ass dysfunctional family. I've always been disheartened that the OFC was a war zone. But it was inevitable considering that the board came along so long after everybody had formed allegiences and opinions about everybody else. It's quite sad to me actually.

Me too.

I just read on the CB that there's a rumor of extending Nightline to an hour and bumping Jimmy back to very late night. They should team up Clay and Jimmy and move them to Prime Time instead. They could do a comedy, variety, musical kind of show. Don't know whether Clay could get the serious talk in that he would want to. Maybe something like Laugh-In???

I wonder--rumors of something going on with Kimmel/ABC/Disney go waaaaay back.

I also read some things yesterday that suggested ABC was ready to "cut their losses" and cancel JKL outright. I hope not, I'm getting to like the guy.

And if Jimmy and Clay do a remake of Laugh-In -- can I be the ditsy blond, ala Goldie Hawn? *g*

(Aw, stop gagging, I'm just feeling sappy this morning.)

Aw....you're so sweet, I've got Stage 2 diabetes. [tm The Valentine Singer]

Just to show that the Best Week Ever Blog can be nice to Clay....

“Clay Aiken on Jimmy Kimmel” Headline Might Ruin Your Afternoon

But there it is. Clay Aiken made a very special Valentine’s Day appearance on The Jimmy Kimmel Show last night… and was pretty entertaining. He and Jimmy have the kind of chemistry Sarah Silverman could only dream of. And you know what else? Clay seems to have a pretty good sense of humor about himself and any “rumors” floating around about him, which is always the best way to approach those kind of things. But don’t ask us: We wanted him to beat Ruben back in the day, so we’re partial. Make sure to watch his improvisational candy hearts song.

They have a YouTube link to the entire Clay segment as well. And, so far, the comments are pretty good about the clip. Some include...

"I’ve never watched Clay Aiken that much or heard him sing, but he’s actually a great guy and has a good voice. Truthfully, I’m a little surprised."

And...

"Clay Aiken was funny! And a lot better looking than I remember from American Idol days. I thought he was a geek back then. He and Jimmy seem to know each other pretty well.He has a good voice, but I’m not familiar with his music. Maybe he’s a better comedian than he is a singer."

"Comedian Clay" seems to affect people as much as "Singer Clay." I love that.

Just saw a clip about Clay on Mike and Juliet - OK, looks likethey are goingto play it for what it is worth - they started to talk about his scandelous behaviour (with ATD video playing in the background) amd then say he is back to try co-hosting again and show a picture of him with him standing behind Mike and Juliet and his hands over bother thier mouths.

That was probably the longest promo ever on this show.

Edited by playbiller

NONONONONONO - how can you even ask for it not to be Anna Nichole 24/7?

cow.gif

News is news. Tomorrow they will reveal just what junk mail that Anna Nichole was receiving (did she get walmart, target or neiman marcus? Inquiring minds want to know!)

You would think Hair! Teeth! Valentines songs! would be news, but whatever.

I hope Clay never appears on Dr Keith - what a loseer - so far today, Eminem's wife, now Reichen (poor victims - no they never did anything wrong, did they?)

freeze1.gif

Quick drive-by---YSRN Move over in that 'Adjustment Car' (Hey, that could be smutty, too, so :allgood: )

I've watched the Clay on Kimmel clip a few times since I got back from seeing it live. (no neenerneener from me---I wish you all had been there, too!)...and each time I watch I am 'accepting' this new look more. Which, I'm sure, Clay himself is tha-rilled to know. :rolleyes:

Still gonna take more time. For me, it's not that he did something FOR HIMSELF that it would seem he's wanted to do longer than WE'VE known the man. Lord, I have many things I'd like to do that I think would enhance my appearance if I had the financial resources to do them, so more power to Clay, for sure.

It's more that THIS particular change (for me) has altered--however insignificantly or superficially--something ESSENTIAL about him---his mouth, his smile. Those who know me KNOW that this man's mouth has always been the focal point (yeppers, even more than THAT!) for me. The lips, the shape of the mouth, the way it moves...the tongue :hubbahubba: and maybe most of all----the smile.

Whatever anyone says about the veneers or their love for Clay or whatever, no one can convince me (yet) that they have not changed his smile. It is different. The overall effect of his smile is different right now. I do NOT think the MAN has changed at all and I do NOT think that what is behind that smile is different. It's still a beautiful, joyful, amazing smile.

But it IS different.

So, like YSRN---give me some time to study it, watch it and learn to love it as real. It's still not for me. I keep waiting for him to laugh, reach in and take out his false teeth and toss them over his shoulder as the punchline to a gag or something. :blink:

Maybe I'll just move on to another focal point for awhile until the new choppers do it for me. Hmmmm...wonder what that could be. B)

Off to work! Supposed to be 77 degrees today. (heh...now THAT'S a 'neenerneener', I guess, huh? :em0100: )

The 77 degrees is a TOTAL neener-neener - as I woke up to a frickin' 27 this morning! I think that's illegal in Houston. It's supposed to get up to the 60's but man, this is killing me.

Scarlett, I was faking consciousness all day at work yesterday, vaguely remember going home and locking the door behind - everything else is a blank.

However, I'm awake now. I may have comments on knitting. Or lack thereof. Of evil iota people. Of the current impossibility of Clay trailing long, luscious locks over my quivering body. Teeth? As long as they can still nibble, they're good for me. A grill would have been annoying.

Hmm, just spent some time watching Rosie and Joy defend PH. He is young, he is only 28, he will learn - excuse me 28 is that young? I think not. At 28 I had the responsibility of having my own business and gettig a crazy husband that seemed determined to screw up my life into treatment. Making a lot of money does not mean you are a nice person.

Rosie said that Kathy Griffin turned her on to PH's site - guess these comedians all stick together. I think I miss Danny Kaye and his living of life comedy, not just opining.

It might break 20 today. ghi4.gif

Edited by playbiller

So, like YSRN---give me some time to study it, watch it and learn to love it as real. It's still not for me. I keep waiting for him to laugh, reach in and take out his false teeth and toss them over his shoulder as the punchline to a gag or something. :blink:

Off to work! Supposed to be 77 degrees today. (heh...now THAT'S a 'neenerneener', I guess, huh? :em0100: )

I had to quote the false teeth section, because I remember having the exact same reaction to the AI5 hair: "What is that???!!!! OMG, is he going to rip that wig off his head?!! WTF!!!"

Watching the Clack again last night specifically for the teeth - I do think they make Clay hold his jaw a bit differently than before, and I thought they maybe made him very slightly lispy but I wouldn't swear to that. I'll have to watch the segment a few more times tonight.

As to your other quoted comment: It's a beautiful sunny day here, and I'm trying to ignore the fact that it's currently 3 degrees. Not jealous at all. Mostly. Maybe a little. Okay, a lot. Crap! :grrrr:

YouSendIt for the Mike and Juliet promo

Love it. Simply love it.

muski....hmmmm. As a devoted smile lover, I really don't know what to say, because I honestly didn't see THAT much of a difference. I still think his smile is adorable, and his "essence" is there when has that big grin.

God, now I'm reading things into his smile. Shoot me now. *g*

It's a sad commentary on this world today when PH is considered a "mainstream" source for information. Blargh.

Bright and sunny here too -- and I think our temp is running at about 3 degrees as well. But it's supposed to warm up enough as the day goes on for another brief snow storm today. *eyeroll*

Teeth - I have no problem with people needing a period of adjustment. They do bug me too. And I am still mourning his luscious long locks. And I never did get over his AI5 hair. But to me, there's a difference in posting about not being used to his teeth and maybe not liking them and mourning the chicklets etc, and using the change he made to his teeth as a sign that Clay the man, the person, has changed and that somehow having his teeth veneered means he has gone Hollywood, that his values have changed blah, blah, blah. That is what I get tired or reading.

Just discussing the teeth because you can't get used to them or whatever is no different to me than the endless discussions of the hair - which is one of my favorite discussions. :medium-smiley-070: When he changed his hair for AI5 I never questioned whether or not his soul had changed. Its that part of the teeth discussion that has been wearing on me. I kind of doubt the soul of Clay is in his teeth.

Or his hair.

No one likes discussing Clay's looks - good or bad - more than me. I have spent countless hours on message boards talking about his hair, his feet, his Dr. Seuss jacket from the IT, all the various and sundry fugly clothes we have seen on him from time to time, glasses no glasses, and so much more. Its part of the fun here.

And I have mourned lost favorite looks - like I am now mourning the hair. So that's all good.

I just hate it when people become convinced a change in looks mean a change in the man. Because I kind of doubt that's the case.

{{{{YSRN and Muski and all mourning the chicklets}}}}

On the subject of the teeth, I see what muski was saying about changing the smile but I think a lot of that may have had to do with his mouth feeling different. They way he kept running his tongue over them and the way his mouth sometimes seems to move made me think maybe they just felt funny or maybe his mouth was even a little uncomfortable. Can veneers maybe make your mouth a bite sore? That could have accounted for the change in his smile - almost as if he did indeed have false teeth. I have also heard that the brightness of the teeth will tone down some with time, and I think when that happens it will also make his smile more normal.

I think maybe another part of the problem - at least for me - was there was too much of a change in his looks all at once. The beautious hair and the veneers and it all happened in a little over a week!

All that said, to me all you had to do was watch him joking with Jimmy and hear him sing his candy song to know that all of that, the teeth and the hair, is just packaging (heh..). What is inside that package (heh, heh...) is still the same man we all love.

And they better not cancel Jimmy Kimmel. One because its always my favorite Clay TV appearance and two, they owe me a special house guest pass!!

ETA: Re Mike and Juliet. I haven't seen their show but Mike Jerrick used to be on Good Day Philadelphia and I loved him. He was funny and snarky and irreverent from time to time. I think he and Clay could have fun together if given the chance. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Claygasm

WORD Claygasm

If I were to rate Clay's look in Kimmel it definitely wouldn't be in my top 5 or even top 10. I totally understand YSRN and muski cos it did change his look a bit...that is why I kept chanting...I will get used to it...will get used to it. Did it affect my enjoyment of wednesday's appearance...a bit...I am not swooning over the screencaps as usual. But I will still put this appearance as one of the cutest and funniest one for the slausson swap meet comment and candy valentine song.

HOWEVER...when people say he has gone "hollywood" just because he changed his teeth...that is what has become a new fandom low for me. WTF!!!!Whether he changed that because the slant was getting worse...because it always bugged him, because he wants to look perfect...that does not change the essence of the man for me.

The idea that the guy went hollywood after the most regular guy appearance he ever had is just laughable. I also think that if this statment wasn;t so ridiculous and judgemental...the discussions on all the boards wouldn;t get dominated by it. If peopel are just lamenting the change in his looks...I will totally understand. but if they start judging Clay and his values just because he had some dental work...then I would jump in and defend him...if I went to these boards...