#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

So we need suggestions for thread title!!!

My brain aint working tonight.

"Hey la, hey la, my boyfriend's back!"

Uh, someone had a good one with "Shorter Hair, Longer Teeth".

So I"d layer it with , "Shorter Hair, Longer Teeth- You're a Tigerrrrr!"

I know, pretty bad.

How about, "Yes, the Candy Man Can!"

My brain is fried tonite. I look forward to seeing cha cha , Cipher, Heart and some others in VA for lunch tomorrow.

"Shorter Hair, Longer Teeth- You're a Tigerrrrr!"

This one cracked me up - and its not because I think I was the one who said some variation of shorter hair, longer teeth. Its the "You're a Tigerrrrr" part that makes it work!

Although this is kind of sweet....

"Ready to Kick Butt for Clay"

you guys have some great suggestions...

the ones I would like to second are...

"Clay - Commanding a larger army than Fidel"

"He's a sweet-talkin', sugar-coated candyman."

"Sing me some candy, Clay."

I actually thoguth of this..."you're miiiiinnnneeeee. Jimmmmmmmyyyyyyy' but I wonder if some people who didn;t watch the show would wonder why jimmy is ours...hee

so any other suggestions???

I will put the poll up later tonight....

Well apparently we didn;t see all the kimmel interview...here are a few edited parts...

from CH:

after I watched the show, and I saw a couple of edits. Jimmy did one joke or something in the opening that kinda bombed, and like 4 people clapped. He said something like, "well thanks for that." ... that was cut. (And put back in last night. It was the bit with the Anna Nicole judge/Sopranos joke) Also, when Clay mentioned the teeth and people went "awwwww" and Clay said "awwww" ... then he was all, why are you awwwing and Jimmy told him "they love you just the way you are" and we clapped. Jimmy told him he should have gotten a grill. Clay told him they have them at the Slauson Swap Meet.

Well, I am here to tell you that I too had "chicklet" teeth or baby teeth as my orthodontist called them. I just had them capped and it took me a while to get over the "new look", but I have had them for years now. Best thing that I ever did. They were also stained from to many antibiotics as a child. So they were "chicklets" and dark stained teeth, so again, it has worked out well with the capping. Lot's and lot's of money, but worth it.

so :allgood:

and Bottle, again just can't help myself......

The chicken did it, really, it did, it did.....

:3:

I missed most of the last night's gnashing-over-gnothing, but here's what I would have said:

The Brighter side of Teeth...

10. He can fund TBAF out of what he'll save on bronzer; when he needs a tan he can just look himself over.

9. If a snooty restaurant serves him a medium-rare steak, he can fix it right there.

8. We can toss the pricey ISO 1000 Clack cameras with beyond freaky low-light capacity; ISO 50 will do just fine.

7. No more water issues; if he gets too close to a body of water he can just evaporate it.

6. With his voice and projection, he can do Sound-and-Light shows all by himself.

5. It's a clean, renewable energy source.

4. He no longer sits on the whitest part of his body.

3. He can give bullies a hot seat from 2 blocks away.

2. Whenever he wants to show off, he can part the Red Sea.

1. Next time he wears white pants at a concert and turns to Jesse behind him... Voila! Instant backlight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

luckiest, I saw your post about our meeting at the Interlochen pre-party. I'm really sorry about not remembering that. My only excuse is that Interlochen was the first time I ever came within 3 feet of that guy so my mind turned to oatmeal. Hoping to see you again at the next tour!

Edited by Scarlett

If it makes him feel better about himself, then I'm for it. Oooh...weird deja vu moment. That's what HE said once in response to an interview question about plastic surgery. They asked him if he was in favor of people (maybe even 'women') getting cosmetic surgery...and his answer was pretty much what I just said---if it makes the person feel better about herself, go for it!

This is awesome, I can't believe that you are the first one I've seen mention it! I do think he did it because either a.) it was something he needed, for whatever dental-type reason (hee, can you tell I know nothing about dentistry?) or b.) something that has always bothered him and he wanted to fix.

Did you know that typing b + ) makes B) ?

bottlecap, thanks for that side-by-side view. I think his new teeth look great!

luckiest, I saw your post about our meeting at the Interlochen pre-party. I'm really sorry about not remembering that. My only excuse is that Interlochen was the first time I ever came within 3 feet of that guy so my mind turned to oatmeal. Hoping to see you again at the next tour!

Hey, no worries, I didn't expect you to remember. Looking forward to meeting you again next tour, too!

I know I previously said I didn't want anything about the teeth, but I kinda like both of these. :)

I was getting the shakes becoss I didn't have this forum bookmarked at home. I had to search it on Google! Heh, bookmarked now, in case the main board ever goes down again.

I think my two choices for thread titles are:

"Sing Me Some Candy, Clay!"

OR

a new suggestion, from the lovely Miss Scarlett,

"He no longer sits on the whitest part of his body"

BWAH! I needed that!

The "shorter hair, longer teeth" one works well for me as well, although it's not totally my favorite...

The side by side comparison is interesting, but as I said many times yesterday, my observational skills are zilch. (Must not be a visual learner, right Diva? I think I've always been a "show me first, and then let me try it myself" learner....) I looked and looked real hard at the pictures, and I just don't see THAT much of a difference (other than the color, I needed sunglasses for those new ones). I guess I'm hopeless.

I have to work today -- the weekend guy actually wanted a Saturday off. (The NERVE of him...) So, time for my shower. And yes, I'll be checking FCA on the Reference Desk....what of it?

BWAH scarlett...hee

Putting up the poll.. I will just put this "Sing me some candy, Clay." as added line.

the choices will be...

Clay - Commanding a larger army than Fidel"

Here is the poll...will be open till the end of the day.

He no longer sits on the whitest part of his body.

This would get many votes from me for the thread title...OMG...laughed my ass off...perfect, Ms Scarlett!

I am still processing things---my trip and...stuff. Not Clay so much, actually. His new look will grow on me (heh), I'm sure. And his short segment (heh, but not) was funny and cute and he SANG! Nope, I've been ruminating over some things that I really hadn't expected to affect me---mostly about the fandom in general. It might be a while before I do another tv show audience thingy.

Anyhoo....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LUCKIEST! :rainbowsmile:

:allgood:

Edited by muskifest

Gosh you got me all interested now Muski...I always wondered about the whole frenzy myself. There seem to be this whole other fan culture out there...can;t wait for you to share your thoughts.

I think Media base is going to cause some angst again today.

Yesterday it was 112/105 - or this week, last week.

Today it is 111/110 - so it is dropped one day from yesterday and yesterday it was up 7 from last week, now it is only up 1. But....... What happened yesterday, is that a bulk of spins dropped from this week to last week (last week is up 5), so my positive way of looking at it is that we are really up 4 spins - I am still feeling good even though I could be leading everyone down a garden path. giggle.gif