#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Back from target - nothing special there for me, but I did manage to spend $50!

They have each of the lord of the rings episodes for 6.50 - cheaper than going to the movies! And they had a sale on dog hammocks for the back of your car - how nice my dog won't fall in the hole when I stop fast.

Now on the Clay front, just 10 CDs under Clay and 10 more MOAM. Better than before, so he is on two slots right now. The CD had the same old, same old label and tracks

Okay, this is cool. I emailed the woman at 1iota who put me on the 'special house guest' list for this last Clay appearance. Just to thank her for honoring the promise 1iota made back in September, etc. She emailed me back! with this. I thought it was kinda cool...

Hi {insert any one of my names here...},

I'm glad you had fun last week. It was a great show and you can't beat

the chemistry Jimmy & Clay have. It's always a treat to see them

together.

I'm happy you had a good time and hope that you have enough space in

your heart for the Jimmy Kimmel Live family too.

Take care,

Courtney

Not quite sure what that last thing is about---me having enough space in my heart for the JKL family too??!?!?!, but whatever....

Just got back from Fresh Choice and lunch with my younger daughter. Got back in the car and she shrieks, "My retainer! I left it on the table in a napkin!" We went back in and the staff were so nice---they took a garbage can in the back and with plastic gloves, went through it...but nothing.

That is the second retainer she's lost. They're about $200 a pop. I'm so pissed, but I'm trying not to spout off at her since my own track record for holding on to things isn't all that exemplary..but dayum.

[iinsert Mommy Muskie

heh, Have you considered gettting your daughter a retainer container for when she takes it out of her mouth? Does she carry a purse? If so she can then put her retainer container inside?

Teeth-02-june.gif

Clay, Clay he's my man,

if he can't do it, why watch?

Oh, Play...don't even get me started on how many retainer CASES the girl has lost....or left at somebody's house, etc.....She's just oblivious to anything other than the moment. So unlike my older girl. SHe was soooooo conscientious about her retainer and the case....keeping both clean and with her--ALWAYS wearing it.

If I had a nickel for every time I've caught Carrie without the damned thing in her mouth.... <_<

But enough of that...I'm not making her write in a sprial notebook "I will NOT lose my retainer!" 500 times, but I have cut off any computer games or watching television for a while.

damn it.

Really interesting posts about YWT - I do remember that the discussions about it revealed quite a bit about some people, good AND bad.

I am in the non-religious camp, but I loved YWT and took the staging no more personally than I did for any of the other songs. Clay just looked transported and happy; I do envy him that!

I had more to say, but y'all will be QUITE relieved that I can't post more because this:

Playbiller said:

Heck am I not supposed to see Neil Young in the Jazz singer because it is about Jewish people

cracks me up uncontrollably - I would pay quite a bit to see Neil Young in The Jazz Singer!

And I don't even like Neil Young! But it would be worth it just for the harmonica parts.

Edited by djs111

Hehe, I did not find an necklace but found 2 emoticons that could stir emotions in different directions with Claygasm!

One she should like EMO_hair.gif

One not so much CtnWms815.gif

Well yeah the second one is a graveyard and anyone will get spooked by that!!! but love the hair emoticon!!!

Cool response from Courtney, Muski!

As to the Jimmy Kimmel family thing - maybe it refers to all the talk of canceling the show.

Which they better not do before I have the chance to use my special houseguest thingy.....

The story about Carrie cracked me up! Didn't you always say she was just like you???? <ducks for cover>

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hehe, I did not find an necklace but found 2 emoticons that could stir emotions in different directions with Claygasm!

One she should like EMO_hair.gif

One not so much CtnWms815.gif

OMG those two emotions are a riot!!

Ansa and Play, yeah it's funny how things have changed. I put so much time and effort into The Way, a video I didn't even particularly care for and it was encouraged that we show our interest and keep his name out there and blah blah blah although that song went nowhere. And now, the album been pronounced dead, told that requesting is of no use, and Clay doesn't even care.... not just once but over and over and even in threads where some people were still actively wanting to do something to support Clay. Arguing in those threads when they can just go away and do their posting elsewhere. Why are you debating people out of doing what they want to do to help. Does doing it take money out your pocket? What?

It will be very interesting to see what other great things the fandom should be doing with their time over the next year to two years because I don't forsee an album coming out before then unless they just recycle some old shit he's already recorded. I mean what else do we have to do and why does it hurt to spend a few minutes a day on ATDW I mean you'll still have time to trash Clive relentlessly, follow the other idols like it's your job just to point out what Clay doesn't have. I swear I hear more about those folks on Clay boards than I do in the real world.

I really enjoyed hearing different points of view on YWT. I think my only issue before is that it became a gerbil wheel and after awhile it wasn't about the song but about changing other people's minds. Sorry you went through what you went through Claygasm.

And also thanks to everyone who brought the funny. And the emoticon razz battle between Play and Bottle continues. heee.

Muski...like mother like daughter. heeee.

Claygasm...loved your post about ATDW.

Cool response from Courtney, Muski!

As to the Jimmy Kimmel family thing - maybe it refers to all the talk of canceling the show.

Which they better not do before I have the chance to use my special houseguest thingy.....

Kimmel's in good shape with ABC, EmeraldEyes posted this article at CV about ABC renewing Jimmy contract.

From Broadcasting & Cable:

ABC Commits to Kimmel

By Ben Grossman -- Broadcasting & Cable, 2/19/2007 10:28:00 AM

ABC and Jimmy Kimmel are close to a multi-year extension that would keep ABC’s late-night franchise in place beyond the 2009 season. Significantly, that’s when NBC’s Conan O’Brien is scheduled to supplant Jay Leno, a move sure to send tremors throughout the late-night schedule.

The pending deal indicates that ABC is solidifying its bet on Kimmel, whose ratings are up double digits in both adults 18-49 (17%) and total viewers (13%) season-to-date.

"We all feel like we’re growing this thing," says ABC Entertainment President Steve McPherson. "He wants us to bet on him, and we want to bet on him, so now we are moving forward."

The move also keeps ABC out of a potential bidding war for Kimmel, whose show was previously signed through 2008. As a steadily improving late-night personality with a growing audience, the former Man Show host might have been a perfect fit for Fox, which has said it wants to get back into late night.

"We’ve invested a lot in building him," McPherson says. "It would be silly to spend the money and then say goodbye or get caught with our pants down."

<snip>

Kimmel’s show is not yet profitable, but ABC executives have seen enough growth to stick with it and think it could be a moneymaker before the new deal is done.

Look Ma! No emoticons!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

e1711.gif

No one is so blind as he who will not see.

I am going to take a nap now.

YEAH its useless Play...some fans just wont do anything unless its for a CD that follow their exact specifications.

Yeah they can wait all they want...for that ROcking CD that makes him a rockstar...in the meantime they will ignore opportunites to help Clay...

its not surprising...I have realized its all about finding the CLay they have in their mind not really the real Clay...its sad cos that Clay is divine!!!

hey did I see :new7::new7::new7: ....

EEEEEEEEEEEEE off to read

Oh I think if ATDW sold 2million copies it would be the best album evah and we'd be concentrating on that. I think with Clay, we have always had to fight and fight and no matter what anyone said about him we could also pull out our well at least he is the most successful idol card. Then it became most successful non winner. To me he still holds that title but now there is no easy snappy comeback. We have to disassociate him from an album so he isn't in anyway responsible for it. But of course it's HIS VOICE. No one else but us will put that album on anyone else. I think what I hate most is that the fans have put it out there that Clay doesn't care about his work. They've written that on Amazon reviews and they've written that in defense of his sales. And even if Clay felt the exact same way he would not do that. I hope they are proud.

Now, what shall we do with our time until the next kick ass album comes out in 2008 or 2009. Any ideas?

Unfortunately I think the build up, the grandstanding, super secret sources raised expectations SOOOOO much for ATDW. And unfortunately I think we will soon be geering up for round two of it.

Still praying for a tour.

And I love this album. I think I will go take a listen.