#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

ATDW isn't dead for me, as I listen through hours of AC sap for to get that quick adrenaline shot when the station finally plays ATD (early afternoon today - I got a nice post lunch boost when I heard it.)

I think Clay could rock a solo version of Broken Wings - I love the ramp up of the intensity and urgency in his voice as the song progresses. It would give the song a totally different feel, but I don't think he necessarily needs the ethereal female voice sliding around his in order to make it dramatic.

I think Clay could rock a solo version of Broken Wings

ohyes.

When I heard he was singing BW, I got SOOOOO excited because I visualized him doing a real ROCKER version of this song...I LOVE what the recorded iteration sounds like, but agree that on stage he could KILL by revving it up..

'coss it sure would rev me up.

I can't wait to hear all the ATDW songs sung live. Yesterday I was trying to pick which 3 songs I want him to sing at the BAF gala (assuming he sings 3 songs....just a guess on my part). I think I decided on RHW (because that's my favourite, I freaking love it, I am DYING to see him sing it live, and I am addicted to the David Foster Gala clack of it, when he does that little shoulder thing to the violins....wheeeeeeee, I'll shut up about it now), LAA (OMG can you imagine if he played it on the keyboard while singing?????), and HYCA (because it's going to kill me when he hits the low GO). But if I had to guess what he'll sing, it'll probably be WY, ATD, and....who knows? Invisible? Hey, those 3 will make me very happy, too. I'm soooooooo easy. :hubbahubba:

Now, if we were talking about a live concert, instead of the BAF gala where I assume it will be a small, intimate room with everyone sitting around tables, the 3 I'd be looking most forward to would be RHW (of course, hee, all the reasons stated above), LNM (please God let him wail those background vocals at the end) and Broken Wings (I can't wait to see what he does with this one live).

Is it Summer '07 yet?

Luckiest...since it's for BAF, I bet on WISYS, TOA and then maybe ATD or HYCA...

Why? Last one, I have no idea...but the first two are more along the 'hope, inspiration, love and all that stuff" line, you know?

Edited to add: Just got the word here at work that not only will I be in Charlotte for our big conference in Nov 2008, but they want me to find a place for a smaller meeting in Charlotte in either late Jan. or mid April of next year, too!

woo! I LOVE going to Clay's neck of the woods...

I'd LOVE going to Clay's neck.

Edited by muskifest

Luckiest...since it's for BAF, I bet on WISYS, TOA and then maybe ATD or HYCA...

Oooooh, I could deal with that. I'm also really anxious to hear him sing BYLM, that might be good at BAF. And of course, I can't WAIT for IYDKMBN live in concert!

Hee, I went and saw Music & Lyrics tonight. It was kind of lame, but also hysterically funny in spots. Some of the lyrics to the song Hugh Grant's character wrote were seriously baaaaad, and made me laugh out loud, embarrassing my daughter. ;)

My hubby and daughter and I saw Music and Lyrics Monday---we all had a good time. Yeah, those romantic comedies are fluff, but this one was funny and I thought Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore were great in their roles. We laughed out loud, too!

Well, folks...I'll be in San Francisco all day tomorrow at a one-day conference/trade show. Since it's supposed to rain, guess I'll actually have to go TO the conference and not bop around the city. :medium-smiley-070:

Clay content? hmmmmmmmmm :hubbahubba:

Awww muski! You mean you actually have to work at one of these conferences??? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just wrote this on the AI thread. One of the contestants sang a song Clay has sung at some point in his life (no spoiler there!). So I had to go back and find Clay's performance of that song (which in all seriousness was MUCH better than the guy who sang it tonight). So since I was in my clack, I started playing many Clay performances.

It really is addicting you know.

Anyway, I came across his AI performance of "Mack the Knife". I just had to watch it because its one of my favorites.

But, I started laughing out loud when I heard him sing "the shark has pretty teeth, dear, and he shows them pearly whites"!

Hee, maybe Clay wanted to be a shark! :em0100:

Hee...

yup those AI performances are still the best ever on any AI season...no I am not biased...I am being as objective as possible...He was good until the last show. Kelly can;t say that...and Carrie was just boring a lot fo times...

So yeah mesmerizing when you watch him specially when he looks so different.

I just wrote this on the AI thread. One of the contestants sang a song Clay has sung at some point in his life (no spoiler there!). So I had to go back and find Clay's performance of that song (which in all seriousness was MUCH better than the guy who sang it tonight).

I thought the same thing when the dude sang - it just seemed off. I'll post a few more of my thoughts in the morning, after the West Coast has seen the show. I will note here that there were some skeery eyebrows on that stage tonight. :o

I was just watching a youtube from the JBT Tour - geez, with the thinness and the short hair and the dramatic lighting of the song I was looking at, Clay's cheekbones were really prominent during that time.

Hah! yeah, that guy sang "I Could not Ask For More"...and in the beginning I cringed. But I do think he has a good voice and he finished strong. I like him just fine. He's no Clay Aiken, but then nobody is.

Liked Chris (Go, Chris and your Teletubbies bad self! Ha! Simon can dish it, but he can't take it! Ha!)..and Blake---who sounded sorta Sting-like, didn't he?

But DUDE! The rest of that crew sucked the big one! And I'm jealous...heh.

I'm afraid I never saw Phil before last night's ICNAFM, and that first impression was a bitch. In general, they were all sort of meh. Some a little better than others but none had me from the beginning - I need someone to pop out from the rest like Bo did - hell, even dAuGhTrY!L@KL$ stood out as good until he started working me nerves and turned into a one trick pony.

I love this time of year....for I read all your comments about the AI contestants, but have no clue what they sound like and such. Just don't watch now. IF I do decide to watch, it will be when they finally come up with the top 12, and even then I'll have to think about it real hard.

KAndre mentioned DAUGHTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!11! in her post, and that reminded me. I received my Entertainment Weekly yesterday, and there's a 3 page article on him. I read through it, and man, I'm not impressed. He seems to be getting NO joy from what he's doing at all. Granted, this was through the eyes of the reporter and writer, but still -- doesn't crack a smile on stage, cancels a Q&A at a Children's Hospital, just a lot of stuff that made me feel like he seems totally ungrateful for everything that has happened. Wow. I think I'll follow his career....only not.

Topic? I love that Clay smile, especially when he's on stage. I love that Clay seems to be incredibly grateful for most everything that has happened to him and for him in the past three years. And I look forward to seeing him tomorrow on my computer (I don't get Mike & Juliet around here....).

As alway's AI will make me think of Clay...

Of course when someone sings a Clay song...you can't help but think of him. I didn't mind Phil's version. Stylistically it was very different from Clay's, it was more Daughtry than a Clay performace so I am not surprised he was the one Simon mentioned in his critique. The problem is...the start of that song was a big mess. He couldnt find the note and his breath support was very bad. Getting the pimp spot is a big responsibility and I remember last year most of the time the pimpees delivered. But last night it was hard to get over that horrid first verse. He did have a great chorus then lost it again in the last little run...I actually find him the most attractive this year.

I have to say though that I didn't take it as a diss that Simon compared him to Daughtry...lots of Clayfans in other boards are so pissed cos of course Clay sang that song and should be the gold standard. But I don;t think Clay is always top of mind with Simon, specially as more AI seasons come on. When he was on the chorus I immediately thought of Chris, specially his being bald and singing in a rock style.

edited and moved to AI forum...

USA Today's Idol Chatter blog is reporting that it is Fantasia that will be on AI Thursday. Since Clay is in NYC that morning, I didn't really think it would be him, but still, there is always that tiny hope...

Hey I was thinking about that this morning. I was sure its not Clay...they wouldn;t waste the buzz this early in the season. I didn;t think it would be Duaghtry or Kat either. Carrie and Jennifer are a bit too busy to get involved. So I thought it was Fantasia announcing her involvement in The Color Purple. I was right.

Well, the consensus of TV moring shows is that Idol sucked and the "guys were nervous".

Everyone seemed to like the "guy who looked like Timberlake", except - Paris (remember little Paris?) who was a guest on M&J to sdiscuss idol and she said he moved well, but he had a squeaky voice and she thought he was not the best. SHe saved her worst (sweet kid, nothing nice to say) for Phil because he sang a song that Eliiot sang last year and there was no comparison. (see other people act like us, just with different idols!) She said - bring on the girls.

On the media base front, spins are back up, as I thought they would, I expect them to be up again tomorrow by what was on yes.com overnight. I will concentrate on playing on different Clear channel sites now, not just my local one, just to mix it up a little.

On the Yahoo front ?!?!?!What the - Clay dropped so low, he is barely even on the top 100 of Pop. Now I am wonder just how they evaluate these things. I just cannot believe he got so few people to play it. I am not thinking it might have to do with rating it. I have to sign in under different id's and rate the sucker. Even so, no way people should it be that low! I am going to have to develop my own conspiracy theory!

From kimiye at the CH about tomorrow's Mike and Julia show:

They are going to be taping the karaoke segment with Clay somewhere tonight (they clearly have no idea that Clay fans are likely to blanket the city's hole-in-the-wall karaoke clubs to ferret them out).

I think this has the potential to be hysterical. I hope they let Clay sing something where the words are projected, otherwise who knows what the Random Lyric Generator will spit out - Mary, Christmas, Snow Bells, or whatnot.

=====================================

On AI, we were discussing this morning how the judging order should be mixed up. Put Paula first and make her express an original thought for once instead of parroting Randy and smacking Simon.

Hee. "I Could Not Ask for More" is on the radio right now. I miss the overpowering background singers...

Admin post:

oops...I think the AI discussion is starting to overwhelm main...my bad, I kinda joined in. heh

I will move the more AI oriented posts to the AI thread...

so unless the main topic is Clay with AI mentions...we should really do the heavy AI discussion on the TV forum.

ok what color were we supposed to use...I am not used to this... :allgood:

Muski just called me and asked me to relay a story to all of you since she is at a conference and has no internet access.

Its been a tough day for her......

During a break at this conference she went to a Jack-in-the-Box to get a soda. She ordered a medium soda from some young kid behind the counter, observing that the cost on the sign was something like $1.70. She handed the kid $2 and he gave her back 82 cents. She told him she had ordered a MEDIUM drink and he said yes, and told her where to pick it up and handed her the receipt.

As she went to get her soda she looked at the receipt. HE HAD GIVEN HER A FUCKING SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT!!!!

:what_d_fuck:

Now those of you who have seen our dear Muski KNOW she doesn't look like a senior citizen!

She did say that hair dye may be in her future though.....

If she were here, I am sure she would say :fca:

Prior to that trauma she was talking to someone at the conference who represents the Renaissance in Hollywood where she stayed when she went down for Kimmel Valentine's day. She mentioned to the woman that she had just stayed there and the woman asked if she was there on business. She said no, she really liked Clay Aiken and he was on Jimmy Kimmel. The Renaissance woman's reaction? "That's so cute!"

Huh?

So she asked why did she say it was cute. The woman apparently was under the delusion that all of Clay's fans were young - I mean like teenager young - because of AI.

Obviously that woman didn't see the line outside of Kimmel that day.......

Poor Muski. She's had a rough day and it isn't even because of work!

Aww, :hugs-1: for muski on her bad day. But only gentle ones, 'cause your bones get fragile when you're really old and I don't want to crack her rib or something.

Uh, Clay content [since Ansa is apparently in a Admin-y mood today]? I bet he's got strong bones to go with his big white teeth.

sparklechoppers.gif

The noive - go get 'em women91.gif

Now, Clay already has them!

Help me decide if I should or shouldn't go out in the cold tomorrow alone to sit in the VIP room looking old and frumpy.

Part of me wants to stay home because it is early, cold and what's going to happen in a VIP room

Part of me feels obligated to go since they obviously expect a lot of support for Clay.

Part oif me realizes I will be very tired and that I have to struggle with the pitt bulls again in the afternoon, so no nap after getting up at 4 AM (usually closer to my bed time)