#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Dreamlarge, loved your post..and happy belated. Who is in charge of birthdays around here. Heh. And as always..beautiful montage.

Bottle - I love Ideal Idol It's a great site.

Muski, I'm just back from near the airport to pick up my rental for my spa trip. That was halfway to your house..almost just kept driving.

Anyway folks..will be gone until Monday night so be good. All the wonderful weather has gone away and I'll be driving through the Napa Valley in the rain but I don't even care. I just need to get a way even if it's for just a bit.

Anyway folks..will be gone until Monday night so be good. All the wonderful weather has gone away and I'll be driving through the Napa Valley in the rain but I don't even care. I just need to get a way even if it's for just a bit.

Ha Ha! When have we not been good?

:wein::drink: :trink3: :trink4: :704: :bier: :juul::voll:

Hope your trip is relaxing and enjoyable.

wine2.gif

Psssst! (Looks around nervously) Is the boss gone?

Warning - snark ahead, scroll if ya forgot how that works!

I was thinking that, even though we here at FCA are prolly not smart'n'savvy enuf to have a poll which will absolutely certainly affect Clay's future plans, becoss he prolly doesn't HAVE any, ya know, we should have a little question of the day ourselves.

I would ask the mods if it is okay to do so, but haha! she is off being buffed and brushed and polished and massaged and being made splendiferous - we'll be lucky if she even comes back! so here goes.......

What kind of socks do you think Clay should wear in order to attract, and keep, that desirable 18 to 29 year old demographic?

What kind of socks do you think Clay should slowly and lovingly pull on to his elegantly looooong footage-class-appendices in order to reel in that other desired clump of fans - the older - but not in their dotage, for goodness sakes! - smart'n'savvy'n'sexy well-seasoned wimmen?

Think carefully, and I want to see exactly how the socks you choose work into a comprehensive marketing plan, if at all possible.

Of course, with the right socks, I personally feel he can fire everybody! Success and adoration will be his!

Well, even more of it!

Stripey socks? Solids? Adorned with little chickens or hearts or firetrucks? or SpongeBob?

Little crosses? Dollar signs?

Cotton? Polyester?

Silk? (A turn-off for moi, I don't want to see hairs poking through, they always make me think of the Joe Namath commercial, if Joe had not shaved first)

Gold Toe? Ralph Lauren? Should he dress those amazing tootsies to impress? or to show his solidarity with his more common fans, who prolly buy their socks at WalMart right after a smiley-face price break?

How about those shapeless sock thingies that you get in the First Class ditty bag on an airplane? I LOVE those! And everyone will know for sure he flies in style!

And how long should those socks be? Knee-high? over-the-calf? crew? ankle-huggers?

And don't forget to specify what color! We may finally be able to suss out what his favorite color is - or maybe he will cleverly trick us! Bet it is one or the other!

We will know right away if he pays attention, because I betcha he will be wearing socks at his next public appearance! It will be a sign!

And, to borrow and slightly amend that old plea from Festivus, we can holler "Clay! Turn around and pull up your pants!!!!!"

OOOPS!! (Looks down to see who is currently signed in) Yikes! The boss! Busted!

Edited by djs111

djs111, as I happen to be one of those undesirable and embarrassing fans that's <gasp> over 40, perhaps I should just fade into the wood work here, instead of trying to participate in the fandom in any visible way.

Hee. Yeah, that'll happen. :P

Anyway, since Clay is maybe trying to fix his physical features that bother him (i.e. his teeth), he may want to address the appearance of his rather large and distinctive feet next. Might I suggest these concealing camo socks? "Where are they? I can't see them!"

camosocks.jpg

And, to borrow and slightly amend that old plea from Festivus, we can holler "Clay! Turn around and pull up your pants!!!!!"

bottlecap thinks about the contortions that may be required to accomplish that, and takes a moment or three.

Greensborosockscloseup.jpg

djs111 - That is some funny stuff!! :cryingwlaughter:

And bottle - I have to tell you, when I saw the pictures of the camo socks, I thought they were for another part of his body that could be called "large and distinctive"!

Plesae tell me I am not the only one who thought that!

I'm sorry DJs but I think we ought to let Clay be Clay!!!

you know he likes his unmatched stripey socks!!!

I know its unique...Its hard to put that in a box...you can;t even find them in the stores like that. But Clay ought to make his own personal mark on style...everybody matches socks....but thats just people trying to make you conform!!!

Some people may think its lame or uncool to wear unmatched socks....but that's what makes Clay cool....he is so uncool that he is ...COOOL

so don;t touch the socks I say....

let Clay be Clay!!!

But if he does ask me...maybe hs shouldn;t wear any socks...maybe that will get the media talking???Another wardrobe malfunction!!!

eta:

And bottle - I have to tell you, when I saw the pictures of the camo socks, I thought they were for another part of his body that could be called "large and distinctive"!

Plesae tell me I am not the only one who thought that!

Well is that why there are three instead of two... :medium-smiley-070:

Anyway, since Clay is maybe trying to fix his physical features that bother him (i.e. his teeth), he may want to address the appearance of his rather large and distinctive feet next. Might I suggest these concealing camo socks? "Where are they? I can't see them!"

bottlecap, Bwah!

And I think you represent the best kind of Clay fan - you are a fan of Clay!

Ansa - we can't just let Clay pick out his own socks - what are you thinking?

I think he really does need his own personal sock picker-outer, or PSPO for brevity's (and spelling's) sake.

I mean, we can't trust him, or his mom, or any of his friends or stylists to pick out his socks, ya know.

Isn't done.

Not right.

I strongly suspect that the unmatched socks were deliberately provided to Clay by RCA and Roger.

Edited by djs111

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Ansa!

I can go with the let Clay be Clay, but should he be modelling Clay or earthy Clay? No one has ever answered that question! He has to choose a career choice or is that my job to choose one for him, as a fan. After all, I have walked past fasion week and watched Project Runway, so I have some experience. Then again I am watching the great white rapper, maybe Clay should go on that show - he knows what shorty means already.

As to which socks he wears, I don't care as long as the cost of each sock exceeds my annual income (not hard).

Anyone want to become part of a TV poll? apparently some one is rethinking their nightly programming and has put out a survey of what is watched and why - Heh, I finally got to rate the chefs on top chef! - it is NBC, Bravo, VH1, USA, SciFi and a bunch of other channels.

Pm me your e-mail if you want to be included, I will leave the e-mail window opened for a while. Oh, I have a garbage e-mail address (a throw away one, that I can stop checking at any time because of spam)

Edited by playbiller

"Where's Waldo?" indeed, eh?

You know I hate to throw around my expertise, but I have bought socks in the past, and in fact, at this very moment I am actually wearing socks, so I think it is very clear that Clay should heed my sock-purchasing advice. I even have a logo.

Hisocks.gif

Let's see - Loud 'n wacky? Colorful_sock.gif

Or Warm 'n Toasty? Crew_sock.gif

Should we allow Durham a say in the sock selection process? After all, he does represent that highly prized young male demographic: killsock.gif

Since I have declared today is Official Post-Prostitute Day (um, just for ME, so watch it!), allow me laugh out loud at Bottlecap, and to giggle at playbiller - and then thwack! play upside the head if "modelling Clay" is a pun. And I think it is.

Ya know, more people should submit entries, because Clay may even now be considering dismissing his entire team, and hiring his very own PSPO from this very thread.

Since I have declared today is Official Post-Prostitute Day (um, just for ME, so watch it!), allow me laugh out loud at Bottlecap, and to giggle at playbiller - and then thwack! play upside the head if "modelling Clay" is a pun. And I think it is.

Ya know, more people should submit entries, because Clay may even now be considering dismissing his entire team, and hiring his very own PSPO from this very thread.

Well then you ought to post it on OFC...you know Clay does read there....

well what do y'all think of a sock endorsement deal????

that might be better for a talk show...but might not fit a rockstar profile...Kelly did do Candies...and Carrie had some sneakers...so why shouldn't Clay be a socks spokesperson.

Wow, I come back from a day at Mom's (actually cut short because of the weather), and then church this morning, and y'all have written some really fantastic posts.....

KAndre, I know I'm a minion, but I'll also be one of these too.... :cheerleader: Fantastic post.

All this talk about Clay's fans and what they should or shouldn't be..... Shouldn't Clay's fans just be fans of Clay??

I guess that's just too easy.....

I bet if you looked closely enough at any fan group there would be those who could be classified as "over the top" or "plottting" or "scheming" to get to meet the object of their affection or the gain their attention. Are Clay's fans any worse? I doubt it.

I used to be a HUGE Star Trek fan, and in particular, Brent Spiner, who played Data. He appeared at a convention in Indianapolis, driving distance from me, in 1994. I met up with two women from England who pretty much followed the man wherever he went. They had all kinds of plots and schemes in their minds. Actually, their intensity turned me off the fandom a bit. But I guess my point is that no, Clay fans are not alone in this regard.

I'm trying to point out the slippery slope of joining in with the rest of society in trying to condemn a segment of Clay's base.

That is something that has been bugging me for a long time now within the fandom. All this talk I've been reading to "having the PYT's in the front" and such bugs me greatly, because it's conforming to society's standards of being desirable for their money just because they are young and cute. BS. As far as I know, my money's still good. In a way, having the focus on Clay's fans, and their ages, simply points out to me that yes, older women still spend money, and have a good time. I don't see why "we" can't be proud of that fact.

Happy belated birthday dreamlarge, and thank you, thank you, thank you for posting. Also, the montage was wonderful. I didn't recognize that Alison Krause song, it's great -- and paired with the gorgeous pictures....Swoon.

It’s not Cookie’s responsibility to manage how the public perceives Clay’s fan base. It’s not the fans’ job to manage Clay’s image and career. If Clay wants kids and PYTs in the front row at his concerts, he can hire professionals to manage his image and career in a way to get that result. That leads me to believe there is a reason that hasn't happened.

<snip>

I prefer to keep the fans out of the story entirely, but I’m convinced it will take an act of God or congress to sever the Clay story from the Claymates story in the media’s eyes. I have to accept that.

If we as fans just learn to accept that Clay can manage his own career and like it or not and for better or worse the "Claymates" will always be part of the narrative, I think we'll all have more fun and less angst.

I think I was hoping that by now, almost 4 years into this fandom, that this lesson would be learned. Guess not....makes me sad, actually.....

Listen, I think CLAY himself likes the focus to be on the fans. I mean really -- he picks on fans during practically every tour he's done. He talks to them, he asks questions, he reads their signs -- he's focusing on the fans. I think he gets a kick out of ALL of his fans, no matter their shape, age, race, or creed. If he enjoys it so much, I can deal with it too.

And fan-freakin'-WORD to jmh. My job as a fan of Clay Aiken is to enjoy him, not to micromanage his career.

:drink: for muski.....

:hugs-1: to diva!!! And let us know when you get a new kitty or two!

Have a great time couchie!

I strongly suspect that the unmatched socks were deliberately provided to Clay by RCA and Roger.

Aha! So that's how the Aiken Lyric Random Generator works! It's because of his mis-matched socks, which have a little sensor in them. When he sings the lyrics RIGHT, he gets a shock! And there's Roger, backstage, with the button, pushing it and getting glee from shocking Clay!

As for what socks Clay should wear....I think either none at all, or else toe socks. All the better for him to wear his flip-flops!

I know for a fact, through some associations that I am not priveleged to talk about publically, that Clay wanted to wear plain black, knee high, men's dress socks, but he was MANDATED by Clive Davis to wear unmatched socks. He was so devastated by this mandate, that he considered quitting wearing socks altogether. He refused to talk about his socks to the media for months. When he finally broke his silence, he said that he liked his unmatched socks, and in fact he said he was happy that a well-respected man like Clive suggested that he wear them, and he danced around and pulled his pants up to show them off, but I could tell from his eyes that he was just going through the motions. In fact, I suspect he has a secret stash of plain black, knee high, men's dress socks hidden in a drawer somewhere, and once he gets out from Clive's evil hold, he's going to pull them out and put them on and dance the cha cha! And then all the people who said he was washed up and his career was going to hell because the 18 - 29 year old demographic think mismatched socks are boring will wake up and cheer and all will be right with the world again.

Awwww, thankyou so much for the hugs guys! :F_05BL17blowkiss: You are really the best. Well, I just talked to hubby from the Middle East.

Me:"Where are you?"

H: "I can't tell you"

Stupid question , huh? Well, he's helping the Iraqis bring back the jobs as opposed to outsourcing. Bless him.

And in other news, who here else got hit by the snow? It's been a blizzard morning in DC. ldyjocelyn, aren't you in the Midwest somewhere? I just watched the TV and my God. I will have to cancel everything tomorrow , including doctor. Safe travels to all. I've got lots of birdfeeders and a heated fishpond and the wildlife has come a 'runnin'. God, one snowstorm and I start sounding like Davy Crockett.

Politically incorrect moment: I watched George Lopez on HBO last nite and laughed my sick ass off.

Claygasm, I immediately saw "weenie warmers" or "snoods" instead of socks, too. I'm sick that way. Now, listen peeps, just imagine if Clay decided to go for the "rocker" demographic and went all Red Hot Chili Pepper on us. You know, where they jump around nude except for very long snoods on their dingalings? A girl can dream. I'll let muski fill in the rest. When I feel up to it, I will read her most recent chapters- I need all my concentrative powers.

Play, I keep missing the last episode of "White Rapper". I've seen part of the "battles" in Detroit. Takes guts. The whole lingo fascinates me. Are you rooting for anyone? Meanwhile, I got all caught up in the interior designer contest marathon on Bravo.

Muskalina, I saw the purple ink. I've been attacked by same personage. I claimed that the gorgeous Elle facial pics of Clay reminded me of Vermeer's "The Girl with the Pearl Earring." She went ballistic. What was I implying? she demanded. I was implying that his face , expression and skintone looked so achingly beautiful like that painting. And he does have a very Dutch kind of face in certain pictures, especially when the hair is red.

Love you all. Gonna nap up for the Oscars. Gotta get better for my California trip/ I can't take antibiotics so these things take longer with me. :allgood:

Awwww, thankyou so much for the hugs guys! :F_05BL17blowkiss: You are really the best. Well, I just talked to hubby from the Middle East.

Me:"Where are you?"

H: "I can't tell you"

Stupid question , huh? Well, he's helping the Iraqis bring back the jobs as opposed to outsourcing. Bless him.

:elephanthugs: to you and hubby. Hope you feel better. And snow???pshaw....thats my constant companions for anoter couple of months at least....

Claygasm, I immediately saw "weenie warmers" or "snoods" instead of socks, too. I'm sick that way. Now, listen peeps, just imagine if Clay decided to go for the "rocker" demographic and went all Red Hot Chili Pepper on us. You know, where they jump around nude except for very long snoods on their dingalings? A girl can dream.

WHAAAA...I didn;t know that!!!hee now we know why so many want rocker Clay....Hey DJs ..we will ahve to discuss what type of snoods he would need to wear next...BWAH!!!!

Muskalina, I saw the purple ink. I've been attacked by same personage. I claimed that the gorgeous Elle facial pics of Clay reminded me of Vermeer's "The Girl with the Pearl Earring." She went ballistic. What was I implying? she demanded. I was implying that his face , expression and skintone looked so achingly beautiful like that painting. And he does have a very Dutch kind of face in certain pictures, especially when the hair is red.

WOW really???I don;t get this...I don't get why people attack others by pm. I actually thought that was a very insightful observation myself. I do think he looked "pretty" in that picture... hey no hateful pms please...hee

I know for a fact, through some associations that I am not priveleged to talk about publically, that Clay wanted to wear plain black, knee high, men's dress socks, but he was MANDATED by Clive Davis to wear unmatched socks. He was so devastated by this mandate, that he considered quitting wearing socks altogether. He refused to talk about his socks to the media for months. When he finally broke his silence, he said that he liked his unmatched socks, and in fact he said he was happy that a well-respected man like Clive suggested that he wear them, and he danced around and pulled his pants up to show them off, but I could tell from his eyes that he was just going through the motions. In fact, I suspect he has a secret stash of plain black, knee high, men's dress socks hidden in a drawer somewhere, and once he gets out from Clive's evil hold, he's going to pull them out and put them on and dance the cha cha! And then all the people who said he was washed up and his career was going to hell because the 18 - 29 year old demographic think mismatched socks are boring will wake up and cheer and all will be right with the world again.

Now Luckiest...I dont think you can get us to believe some unsubstantiated rumor without giving us a source. This is just a rumor perpetuated by fans that want him to wear plain black Knee high. They can never accept that Clay just naturally goes for the stripeys...they keep wating him to fit in with the plain black socks crowd. If Clive mandated the stripeys its because he didn;t want Clay to stray too far from his chosen road...Don;t listen to the plain black socks faction Clay!!! stripeys RULE!!!

that might be better for a talk show...but might not fit a rockstar profile...Kelly did do Candies...and Carrie had some sneakers...so why shouldn't Clay be a socks spokesperson.
Got just the thing for that all-important street cred:

joyofsocks_1938_15683090.jpg

or these:joyofsocks_1938_12011485.jpg

Clay could fake everybody out (and make PETA eat their words, ha!) by wearing these:joyofsocks_1937_3549010.jpg

As for what socks Clay should wear....I think either none at all, or else toe socks.

Um, toe socks may be a bit problematic....maybe he can have some special-ordered, because I doubt these would fit:toesocks.jpg

(Sorry about the size, I resized them in photobucket, but it didn't matter)

Divayenta, I hope your husband is home, safe, soon.

Well, bless your husband, Divayenta - peace comes when people have things that they do nto want to lose. If you take everything away, it just causes more unrest, not submission.

I only pun in the poorest of manners- heck, if you can't bring the funny on your own, do what you can.

I am amusing myself by reading idol forums - I am trying to decide which is more interesting - the Chris fans attacking the Hicks fan (success breeds ego? were we like that?) or the people defending Antolla because all 20 years olds dring and have nude photos of themselves, sometimes having sex. All 20 year olds? If you question it, you are accused of not being such a pure person yourself and have skeletons in your closet that are worse. For some reason I find this easier to read than any RCA stuff because it is so over the top.

You all are making me laugh so hard today! :hahaha:

I love this place!!

Diva - we're getting the snow now (I'm outside Philly). But they are saying we will get that damn ice after the snow like we did Valentine's day. That's what I hate.

And I hope your hubby is home safe and sound very soon - and that you feel better even sooner.

I can't decide if I will watch the Oscars. I haven't seen any of the nominated movies so I can't even really root for someone or have any favorites! I may watch the red carpet stuff. I love to see what people are wearing. And I may watch the opening because I really like Ellen Degeneres.

Oh hell. I'll probably end up watching the whole thing......

Divayenta, what your husband is doing sounds truly wonderful.

Listen, I think CLAY himself likes the focus to be on the fans. I mean really -- he picks on fans during practically every tour he's done. He talks to them, he asks questions, he reads their signs -- he's focusing on the fans. I think he gets a kick out of ALL of his fans, no matter their shape, age, race, or creed. If he enjoys it so much, I can deal with it too.

I keep thinking of the 2006 Christmas Tour when Clay was talking to the men in the front rows at most of the stops. The "how long have you been married" question always seemed to be answered with some variation of 20 - 40 years, which suggests to me that Clay was <gasp> voluntarily talking to and engaging attendees that probably weren't in the 18 to 29 year old age bracket. (Of course, when he let that younger blonde chickie at one of the New York concerts talk about getting engaged, she yapped on and on...) I also remember Clack of Clay calling on some of the younger members of the audience when he was doing "Word of the Night." Um, I think I had a point when I started, but it got lost there somewhere - maybe it was that Clay choose to interact with concertgoers of all ages...

I'm watching the Oscar for the dresses (and now the SOCKS), if I watch much at all....

Here in Northern Ohio, we had some snow overnight topped of by sleet and freezing rain, but it has warmed up enough that the icy stuff has mostly melted.

Well gee...I thought we already HAD an Oscar thread. One started by me, thank you very much.

*sigh*

Signed, the neglected admin...

The thread is here....

I'll be watching, although I think I will also try to watch TAR at the same time. Should be interesting....

Yes diva, I'm in the midwest, but we're at the south end of the storm that rolled through, and it was warm enough that all we got was mostly rain. It might snow on us again tonight though.

Well, duh. Of COURSE I thought of cocksocks when I saw that picture...what ELSE would I have thought of?

djs...I'm cracking up here reading your post...and then luckiest made me laugh again...(looks around furtively for flying buckets of colored ink :unsure: I CAN laugh here, can't I? :huh:

whatevah...

Get this: Alex's soccer team won all three games, the last one this morning in the cold rain. Scores? 5-0, 4-0 and 9-0. Of the 18 total goals, 4 were Alex's. This means we go on to the next stage of the tourney next weekend...in another really exotic town somewhere in bumfuck California... :medium-smiley-070: Hopefully, the hotel there will have a more dependable internet network. <_< I don't like fish after it's been sitting around for a while, you know? :rolleyes::lol: