#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Since I am not the tooth fairie ange013.gif, I am not getting involved in this discussion. The article does point out one more time why Clay needs to travel the Earth-20-june.gif to see his international fans. There may not be millions now, but just imagine if they are given more exposure.

I just dropped in before starting to check eyes3.gif if anyone was around before misc28.gif

Then I will have lunch and dog.gif the 3dogs.gif

Edited by playbiller

Wow! Play, your post reminded me of those thingies I used to have when I was a kid---what the hell is the name of them? A story with pictures in place of some words...REBUS! That's the word! Fun stuff...

I drove my hubby to the airport this morning at 5 am...he'll be away on a business trip until Friday night. :( He's been working on some big presentation he's giving to a bunch of suits there and was pretty stressed about it.

Oh, last night while he was upstairs working on the presentation, Alex and I watched the Jon Stewart show. It was so much fun! She could get the humor most of the time; a couple of times I explained the political background, but she was cracking up, too....I wonder if I'd have been able to appreciate Jon when I was 15. I was totally ignorant of things in the world---news and politics and such.

I FLOVE that picture from the Singapore magazine. God, that smile just shoots right to the heart of things, doesn't it? His hands....and that thumb is in an interesting position, don't you think? :medium-smiley-070: ...the clothes...the hair...the crow's feet around the eyes...God, that man is so gorgeous. I wish he'd do an Asian tour. I bet he'd KILL over there---make lots of money AND win lots of fans...

Of course, then we'd need to arm ourselves against the inevitable fans who'd find ways to get noticed even across the vast Pacific. :glare: (Think: Hawaii BAF Gala :ninja: )

With my aching hand, I want to wish a belated birthday to all whom I missed. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Couchie, I hope you mom is feeling better. I know you will enjoy your spa days when she is better. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Had to go to the doctor in Atlanta yesterday. I felt like a farm girl in the big city yesterday. Really hate Atlanta. Don't think I would be a good world traveler ): I really don't like the hustle and bussel of big city life. Too many people. Oh well.

I too mourn the loss of the teefies and the chicklets. That picture reminds me why I lurve the man so much. Ya'll are right, he is a camelon (sp?) He can pull off most looks. Will just have to get used to the new toofies. I keep repeating those words. :allgood:

I hope everybody has a good day today. Catch ya'll when I get home from work tonight.

That's the FIRST picture in a long time where I can actually kinda sorta see what you're all talking about! Hee.

Hee, me too. Most of the time I am just squinting at them, trying to see the difference. But hey, I'm one of those older fans, who needs bifocals, but dares not get them, in case a toe-soxer notices me and boots me to the back row at the next concert.

Do we need to hold a "12 Stages of Grief" workshop for those who are missing the chiclet teefies? :medium-smiley-070: (BTW, djs....I love the words toofies and teefies too...heh)

Heh, not me. "Toofies"? "Teefies"? "Chiclets"? Sounds like y'all are talking about a baby. Boyfriend is a MAN, you know. Damned hawt one, too. :hubbahubba:

I'd have my teeth done in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. And if I had no fear of the dentist chair. Which I do. So scrap that. ;)

I'm gone all day today to a workshop. Boo hiss. But maybe, me being gone will be the impetus for Clay to blog, or for Clay to announce tour dates!

My fingers are hovering over the keys, just waiting to text you some good news. Any time now, Clay! :medium-smiley-070:

luckiest, I know that that whole man/boy thing is part of the teeth angst. Along with the familiarity of the little teeth---they're what we KNOW and have always known....but whenI look closely at this picture (not that I've spent an inordinate amount of time doing so, mind you)...I can understand why Clay would want to fix them.

This set of teeth ARE juvenile looking. And look closely: his canine teeth are short and square, not longer than the front teeth, with a rounded tip. That IS abnormal. The teeth in this picture DO seem like teeth of a child...and I'm with you--this ain't no baby boy. :hubbahubba:

I was talking with CG the other day about this and saying how, regardless of any embarrassment or regrets Clay might have/must have had about the appearance of his teeth all these years, he's never let that diminish his smile. My younger daughter is like that. With her buck teeth covered in metal from braces, she just kept blasting a megawatt smile all the time. But my older daughter was always trying to hide her teeth when she wore braces. Different attitudes.

So, ultimately, I'm all for Clay doing what he wants to---and now is in the financial position to be able to--improve his appearance if it's important to him. He's beautiful whatever.

I do wonder sometimes, if he ever thinks about getting those abnormally lax ankle joints of his fixed. Hasn't that problem contributed to hip pain as well as an awkward gait? Wonder what would have to be done. Seems that I read or heard sometime that Faye never got his feet fixed because she didn't have the money and since it wasn't life threatening....understandable.

Sigh. He's so....

sigh.

Fell down walking my dog, am recovering before going out - I am so late to the shelter.

Anyway - about the teeth. My ex was a troublesome boy and beating s were common in his family, so if he did anything wrong he learned to lie about it (hint, hint for the ex part) and try to cover up the misbehavior. When he was a small child, he fell down and his front baby teeth fell out. Well, he did not want to get yelled at for losing teeth, so he stuck them back in and gritted his teeth until they grew back! His adult teeth were found in the jaw curved up into his sinuses. Well, they looked just like Clay's teeth, and the dentist ground sown his canines so they would look porportionate. nono4.gif

Being poor, they could not afford a decent dentist.

Now I don't know if small teeth are normal adult teeth or not, but these sure looked the same as the ex's

Edited by playbiller

I'm importing some CDs onto my work computer's iTunes library and right now it's Hall & Oates Greatest Hits...

Damn.

I want Clay to sing every single one of these songs---talk about blue-eyed soul. Daryl Hall---I've always loved his voice..and see some similarities between his voice and style and Clay's...I mean, these are great MELODIES---like Clay likes and the vocals are fun and...

I saw Hall & Oates in concert back in the late 70s and they rocked the house! Fun, fun, fun!

When I saw the Singapore picture last night, I wondered if this was the shot that finally made Clay decide to fix his teeth. I knew his front teeth pushed in a little and there were some imperfections but they NEVER jumped out at me in photographs. The only imperfection that waved to me from pictures was the gumminess.

But looking at this smile, the front teeth are so obviously misaligned. It seems almost exaggerated (I guess now because I’m looking for it). People often do tend to amplify their own imperfections. ACK! Maybe he thought his smile was hideous. *sniff* I sincerely hope he loves his new teeth, even if I don’t. I’m pathetic like that. I want him to be happy.

Hall & Oates Greatest Hits...<snip> I want Clay to sing every single one of these songs
If Clay ever sang One on One, I would explode. I'm aquiver just thinking about it. Time for a cigarette.

Hope you're ok Playbiller.

My goal in life is to post without editing.

Edited by dreamlarge

dreamlarge...I was doing so well, too, actually getting some work done here...then I pop in and get mesmerized by your avie....gah, just a little closer, Clay...just.a.little.closer. :hubbahubba:

And WORD to "One on One", but I swear as each H&O song plays, I say "That one! That one!" I want to hear him do that soft/sweet into wailing soul in "She's Gone"... And can you imagine the crowd if he were to sing "Maneater"... :medium-smiley-070:

And yes to the close up of his smile. It's such a joyous, full-of-life smile that I don't think we really noticed much more than the little size (ha! Who'dda thunk I'd ever say that about Clay?), the gumminess and the little crooked bottom one. But it's true...I'm especially struck by the odd shaping of various teeth. I know that although people have complimented me on my teeth and smile ever since I got my braces off right before going to college, I see and feel imperfections all the time and am always aware of them.

Doesn't do anything to make me keep my mouth shut, though...surprise, surprise. :medium-smiley-070:

Edited to say that my goal in life used to be not to edit; now it's to break my edit record...heh.

Edited by muskifest

Well, y'all have convinced me why Baby needed to have his toofs fixed. You are right. I never realized it before. He wants to look like a man. My only concern is the quality of work he received. I wonder if the newfie-toofs are the correct size for his mouth/face. And they look so "generic". Oh well, that's my kvetch.

DH called today from somewhere in Iraq. I miss him so much it hurts. He's doing really well- doesn't get home until sunday night, though. Call me and chat! I promise I'll shut up about the teeth!!

I've been unable to fall asleep lately, so I'm open to any "tricks" from the gang here. It's anxiety at the root of it. I did my Qi Gong today which really helped and talked to friends.

How boring will Idol be tonite? Did anyone see the kid on the View today who Rosie plucked from YouTube who sang "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going". He was like a young Wayne Newton with soul. Very good voice, a little over the top interpretation- not like our Miss Jennifer Thang, who I loooooooooove. Do y'all remember Simon saying "you're out of your league " to her? HA HA

((((DIVA)))) Well if you want to get distracted join us at the AI chat...it can be entertaining

(((Play)))) Hope you are feeling better...how bad was the fall???

(((Georgia))) Hope the finger gets better soon....

GAH...whatching a bunch of teens and keeping them from throwing snowballs...can be truly stressful...the ten minutes I spent supervising recess was more stressful than 4 hours teaching grades 1 and 2...

So anything new in Clay world???

Sorry, should have said that I fall all the time, this was into snow/slush, so it was more wet and uncomfortable than anything else.

Doggies can tire you out when you try and keep your balance in slush.

So - where will the next Clay sighting be? Any guesses? Will we have to wait fo the benefit or will he show up somewhere else sooner?

I'm back....and boy am I tired!!! 2 1/2 hours in a car, 6 hour class (fortunately, it included lunch), and then 2 1/2 hours home again. Did the country music thing on the way up -- Dixie Chicks and Brad Paisley. Did the Clay thing on the way back -- one of my mix CD's that I hadn't listened to in ages (BFM had me pumping my fist all over again, ICMYLM made me swooning all over again), and then ATDW. At this point I'm waiting for hubby to get home from working out and then we're going out for dinner. I'm too pooped to cook.

Woke up two mornings ago to the sound of the original BW from my clock radio. This morning, it was the original BYLM. Man, Clay really does spoil you....but I'm with muski that I'd love to have him tackle the entire Hall & Oates catalog. Think he'd do "Rich Girl," though? *g*

Glad to see the teefie discussion is still going on. (Blows raspberries at luckiest1...I know he's a man, but I still think the word is cute....) Also, thanks for not texting me today. I think. CLAAAAAAAAAAY! Where are you? *g*

Hugs to muski and diva for missing their husbands. Kvetching is always good.

Ladies,

Sorry to those that are missing their husbands. If I had one, I am sure I would miss him, maybe!!!!

Play hope you are feeling better after your fall. I swear I think sometimes that I am the most accident prone person in the whole WIDE world. I fall so often that I have my own zip code.

Hope everybody is doing okay tonight. Am I the only one who thought Paula was acting a bit strange tonight. Only saw the last two guys tonight. Got home from work to late.

See ya.... :allgood:

Clay singing Hall and Oates :hubbahubba: :medium-smiley-070:

OK, I was laying down watching Kimmel and had to know if anyone was here to talk about the naked Clay picture just shown. - well first he showed the new video Idol girls gon wild and then he showed the guys version.

But now one here to talk to. I guess Iwill have to post somewhere else.

WHAT THE $#@&?!!! Nekkid pictures? :scream: Off to check the other boards....

Alright, to expand on what playbiller said:

A parody commercial on Kimmel for Idols Gone Wild - photoshopped Idol faces (both girls and guys including Clay) onto footage from the "Gone Wild" commercials. Very silly, escept for "Constantine" which was just ooky.

Interesting. I just heard "A Thousand Days" on my local Clear Channel AC station. After they played it, the DJ mentioned that Clay's video was on their website for streaming in the "Video on Demand" section. Sounds vaguely like somebody paid for some kind of promotion in some small way... Is there an underground resistance movement forming to fight against the Toe Sock People?

Anyway, carry on with your fantasizing about large pizzas with extra pepperoni and sausage.

large pizzas with extra pepperoni and sausage.

Uh..."Just Buddies", anyone? B)

Jimmy Kimmel illustrated the first chapter of Just Buddies, y'all! :medium-smiley-070:

CMSU!

OMG! I just about died when I saw the clip! Clay delivering pizza! OMG!

But wait a minute....didn't Jimmy's staff see the Rolling Stone cover? Clay's a hairy guy...where's that gorgeous cinnamon fur and delectable treasure trail?

But oh...this is seriously funny. :lol: :nana: :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: