#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

large pizzas with extra pepperoni and sausage.

Uh..."Just Buddies", anyone? B)

Jimmy Kimmel illustrated the first chapter of Just Buddies, y'all! :medium-smiley-070:

CMSU!

OMG! I just about died when I saw the clip! Clay delivering pizza! OMG!

But wait a minute....didn't Jimmy's staff see the Rolling Stone cover? Clay's a hairy guy...where's that gorgeous cinnamon fur and delectable treasure trail?

But oh...this is seriously funny. :lol: :nana: :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Hmmmm. Maybe Jimmy reads fanfic.......

Let's see - sticking out ears, large feet, and blindingly white teeth... Maybe!

OMG! And he has big hands, too! And his eyebrows are QUITE noticeable! And his chin is sorta 'weak' (as some fans like to point out) and...

OMG! It IS Clay! :medium-smiley-048:

By the way....is this guy new? :dancing3:

From USA Today's Idol Chatter

Clay sold 1,100 to bump up to 503,000.

I'd like Clay to bump into..., oops, mind. ;)

The rest of the AI'ers:

> Daughtry: up 9-2 on the chart, which looks like a great jump but was actually accomplished despite a 17% drop in sales. The album sold 84,000 last week, 102,000 the previous week, but in a week when album sales were off 17% as a whole after the comedown from a Grammys-related boost, that was a strong enough performance to vault him back to near the top. All his competitors (save for No. 1 Norah Jones) fell further. Total, by the way: a robust 1.71 million.

> Carrie: Dropped 13-18 on the chart in the Grammys aftermath, selling 36,000, 41% off the previous week. She fell back a bit further than her pre-Grammys level (which was 38,000). Total: 4.96 million.

> Katharine: Fell 29-39, selling 20,000 for a 41% drop and a total of 219,000, which puts her ahead of Ruben's Return but, more relevantly, places her far behind Kellie, Taylor and Chris in this year's Idol sales sweepstakes, with Bucky yet to join in from the major-label side (and Elliott and Paris from the independent realm).

> Kellie: Slipped 93-100, selling 8,700 for a 25% drop and a total of 442,000. New single just getting started on country radio, and she might get a little sales bump from singing on the show Thursday.

> Fantasia: Although singing on the show last Thursday didn't do a lot for her sales -- she racked up 8,100, compared to 9,000 the previous week, but managed to climb from 117 to 109, so there was probably a slight positive effect. Total is now 302,000.

> Taylor: Took a bad skid, from 96 to 138, selling 6,200, off 41%. Total is 640,000. Single is just getting actively promoted, but mostly to adult-contemporary stations, who don't sell a lot of records, relative to most radio formats.

> The off-the-chart brigade: Ruben sold 2,300 to bring his total to 209,000. Clay sold 1,100 to bump up to 503,000. And Kelly Clarkson sold 4,700 for a rounded total of 5.7 million

From an article on Hicks:

“It’s a work in progress, and, would we have liked to sell a little bit more? Yeah. But (the album is) still gold and on its way to platinum,” Corson told The Associated Press this week. “And, if the single performs, we’ll turn it around, so we’re quite — we’re quite optimistic about things as it stands right now.”

The power ballad “Just To Feel That Way,” in which he urges a lover to try to make the relationship work, sits at No. 26 on the adult contemporary radio charts, Mayfield said.

“With Taylor, you’re going into an adult format,” Corson said. “We hope it translates younger, but the music right now is much more adult. It’s a longer burn, a longer process.”

Hicks’ target audience is a bit more passive, said Corson, who noted that “it just takes a little longer to get those people to buy.”

And Hicks, who is out a nationwide tour in support of the album, has a plan to boost sales.

“It’s slow and steady wins the race,” he said Tuesday in a phone conversation with the AP. “You know, to have overnight record success, you know, it’s tough to do. You have to massage the record buying audience as much as you have to massage the live performing audience, you know?”

Hmmmmm....

So does this mean that Mr. Aiken (who has passed gold and still selling - so yeah they printed more than 500,000) and at #33 on the AC charts as I recall, is doing decently? What a concept!

I don't know, KAndre. I've read that with the iTunes downloads that's not a given---that they pressed more than 500,000, that is. :rolleyes:

And although I really don't CARE what Taylor Hicks does, I must say that I would so LOVE Clay to

massage the live performing audience, you know?”

Oh yeah...."a little to the left there, Clay...oh God, yes! Now...down...a little further...more...down, down...yes! Yes! Yes! Oh, you have great hands! Oh, yes!"

etc. :hubbahubba:

luckiest, I know that that whole man/boy thing is part of the teeth angst. Along with the familiarity of the little teeth---they're what we KNOW and have always known....but whenI look closely at this picture (not that I've spent an inordinate amount of time doing so, mind you)...I can understand why Clay would want to fix them.

This set of teeth ARE juvenile looking. And look closely: his canine teeth are short and square, not longer than the front teeth, with a rounded tip. That IS abnormal. The teeth in this picture DO seem like teeth of a child...and I'm with you--this ain't no baby boy. :hubbahubba:

Funny thing about teeth. I was blessed to have very straight teeth. Even have had dentists ask me if I ever had braces. Nope. Unfortunately, they seem to have an unnerving tendency to crumble. Now I have quite a few crowns.

My youngest son had a horrible time with his teeth. His permanent teeth were growing in crooked because his baby teeth would refuse to fall out. He eventually had to have braces. Then he paid big bucks for a tooth implant. He was very self-conscious about his teeth and much happier when he had them fixed.

Woke up two mornings ago to the sound of the original BW from my clock radio. This morning, it was the original BYLM. Man, Clay really does spoil you....but I'm with muski that I'd love to have him tackle the entire Hall & Oates catalog. Think he'd do "Rich Girl," though? *g*

Clay really does spoil me with his covers. I sometimes have a hard time listening to the originals again. Weird. I used to think that I usually preferred original versions over covers, but then I found out that some of the songs I thought were originals were actually covers. Like "Without You" by Harry Nilsson. Or how about "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner? I didn't even realize that "Respect" by Aretha Franklin was a cover of an Otis Redding song. I'm planning on putting together a show on my radio station playing back to back original (or first well known version) of songs with subsequent cover versions. Can be interesting to compare.

I'm planning on putting together a show on my radio station playing back to back original (or first well known version) of songs with subsequent cover versions. Can be interesting to compare.

:me0:

Great :lightblub:

Lordy, I'm going to bed. Why don't I go to bed earlier and get more sleep? :badpc:

You guys are a bad influence. :voll:

What a great idea Roseviolet...that would be very interesting. Let us know when that is happening.

and look what I found in my email box this morning...

https://www.netsync.net/secureweb/ciweb/Tic...select=concerts

This is located in Chattaqua, NY (between Buffalo and Erie, PA). It looks to be a 5,000 seat open air amphitheatre, with general admission seating. July 20th.

First concert date???

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile:

This is how it usually starts!!!!

There are days when emoticons come in REAL handy. Today is one of them.

:laola0: :ole0::nanarow: :nana: :nanas::dance2::purplebanana:

As for bottlecap's question....I think we should start a pool. I'll take 2:23 p.m. CST this afternoon.

roseviolet, that's a great idea. I went to a pre-concert party a few years ago, and someone had created a 3 CD set with exactly that concept as prizes for the contests. She started with a few of the demos, but mostly with Clay's AI covers, and the set went all the way through the NAT. I thought about trying to continue the set with the JBT covers, but never got around to it. And then, with ATDW, this would turn out to be a 5 CD set at least!

rose that is a GREAT idea - I've really like your radio station better than that crappy ones we have in Houston.

See, I knew I was hanging onto my vacation plans for a reason!

But I am going to Buenos Aires in the first week of April - anybody been there and have suggestions on what to do? Otherwise I'll just go wild.

Oh you mean we can expect another KAndre travelogue...YAY!!!

It will be fun watching the fandom react to the upcoming concert tour.

I am just so happy there will be one cos I really want to have an FCA get together.

At this point, I am not going to hold my breath for a big tour announcement with all the venues and dates set, anytime soon. I am thinking this is another one of those tour with different promoters. So its possible the announcement won't come out until most of the contracts are confirmed.

I do hope that he will be able to cover the whole country...and that he can come up to Canada. I think he also should consider doing a few shows overseas...Asia loves Clay!!!

What a great idea Roseviolet...that would be very interesting. Let us know when that is happening.

and look what I found in my email box this morning...

https://www.netsync.net/secureweb/ciweb/Tic...select=concerts

This is located in Chattaqua, NY (between Buffalo and Erie, PA). It looks to be a 5,000 seat open air amphitheatre, with general admission seating. July 20th.

First concert date???

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile:

This is how it usually starts!!!!

General admission seating? At a Clay concert??? Are they insane???????

I will be skipping this one for sure!

I love him but geez. I am not taking my life in my hands to see him!

ETA: And here we go again! Concert dates leaking out little by little and hearing from the venues before we hear from Clay! Clay! Baby! This makes planning VERY hard!

Edited by Claygasm