#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Couchie....here I am but I don't know nuthin'.! <g>..see my post on CH re: my experience with the San Diego place box office...I'm definitely going to plan to go, but I have no idea about tickets. Call me on my cell. I have to take the dog out for a walk and will take my phone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You know, I kind of like Clay playing at these veues with subscriptions. It may mean more Not.Just.Us types will see him (maybe even some PYTs!). I remember when I went to Williamsport for the Christmas concert and was sitting next to these two nice ladies who had a subscription to the theater. Now they remembered Clay from AI and loved him on the show, but they hadn't seen him AT ALL since. They never would have gone if not for their subscriptions.

Its a good way to broaden his fan base. How often have the collective "we" said "If only they could see him in concert....". Well now they can (at least if certain fans don't buy up all the subscriptions...).

ITA with this assessment, because it IS a good way to broaden his fan base. And by "fan base," I mean "someone who will buy CD's and enjoy him in concert and on TV...no matter their age." I could be wrong, but aren't a lot of the people who have subscriptions to these kinds of things, shall we say, of an older generation? But yet, their money is still good, IMO. Or, if they are not of the "older generation," they are of "the "moneyed generation." Again, I'd like it if Clay got their money somehow.

A fan is a fan is a fan.

But...but...but....these new fans are going to be expecting crooner Clay, and that's just not fitting his cool and suave image." Tough noogies. Personally, I think he's going to be "song-stylist Clay." I really like that description, and find it quite apt for Clay. I beleive that many people will enjoy him for being a song-stylist. If it's not cool...so be it.

I'm as happy as a kitten chasing a leaky cow at the moment with the thought of tour plans. EEEEEEEEEEEE!

In reading around the boards about what people have been told in San Diego, I predict many very unhappy and pissed off Clay fans.

It seems everyone is getting a different story about buying subsciptions and how many Clay tickets you can get and the cost etc, etc, etc.

I think the poor people at the venue have no clue what hit them and are totally lost.

Haven't they heard about Clay's cra... er, I mean enthusiastic old lady fans????

Aren't they going to leave them for the desirable demographic?

no, i'm not

heee... fortunately I only laughed at people who are plotting to make Clay's demographic younger cuz I knew I wasn't giving up a thang. Isn't talking about a tour FUN! God I love it. Can wait for the dates to trickle out one by one..even that doesn't bother me.

Yep I'm here Muski..I just pm'ed you.

You know, I kind of like Clay playing at these veues with subscriptions. It may mean more Not.Just.Us types will see him (maybe even some PYTs!). I remember when I went to Williamsport for the Christmas concert and was sitting next to these two nice ladies who had a subscription to the theater. Now they remembered Clay from AI and loved him on the show, but they hadn't seen him AT ALL since. They never would have gone if not for their subscriptions.

I sat beside a few people like that in my JNaT concerts. Judging by how often Clay did the "raise your hand if it's your first time at a Clay Aiken deba.....concert" schtick, I think he realizes just that. So playing these types of venues is very smart on his part, IMO. Personally, I don't have the funds to be buying up subscriptions, so I'll be waiting for two things before I take the leap.....a full schedule (hopefully, so I can decide where I'm going), and the public sale date (or OFC presale, if there is one). Do I want to be at the front? Sure! Do I need to be at the front? No, that's what binoculars are for! :hubbahubba: I just know I wanna be in the house for the first show this time. Seriously. I want to be unspoiled. How cool would that be?????

I could be wrong, but aren't a lot of the people who have subscriptions to these kinds of things, shall we say, of an older generation? But yet, their money is still good, IMO. Or, if they are not of the "older generation," they are of "the "moneyed generation."

I think you are onto something. :lightblub: Maybe Clay wants more older fans! Nah.....couldn't be. He's obviously going after the younger demographic with these symphony gigs. :rolleyes:

But...but...but....these new fans are going to be expecting crooner Clay, and that's just not fitting his cool and suave image." Tough noogies. Personally, I think he's going to be "song-stylist Clay." I really like that description, and find it quite apt for Clay.

I have always loved when he's been described as a vocal stylist, because to me, that's what he is. Unfortunately some people just want to shove him in the "musician" or "songwriter" box. They photoshop him playing instruments and rocking out. As much as I would FLOVE for him to sit down with a keyboard and sing LAA, I'm not going to hold him to it, either. I am glad that David and Jaymes convinced him to give songwriting a try, and I think it would be cool if he did more of it in the future, but I honestly don't think that that is his passion. I think singing and interpreting songs is his passion. I'm cool with that.

Hi everyone. There is a rumor that jp was blogging last night saying he lied and was paid for a year. I don't know if it is real or not. I don't read the hater blogs and can't analyze it for myself (as if any of us could really figure it out). Until we know for sure, I'll be thinking more about the concerts.

Here's hoping there is one near me. EEEEEEEE for the news about the two concerts. If there are only two, we can say we did get a cross country tour. Now he needs to add one in Canada. Hee.

Hi everyone. There is a rumor that jp was blogging last night saying he lied and was paid for a year. I don't know if it is real or not. I don't read the hater blogs and can't analyze it for myself (as if any of us could really figure it out). Until we know for sure, I'll be thinking more about the concerts.

Here's hoping there is one near me. EEEEEEEE for the news about the two concerts. If there are only two, we can say we did get a cross country tour. Now he needs to add one in Canada. Hee.

thanks for the tip. That is interesting about the scumbag...but I wouldn't be relaxing yet, the guy can simply say he got hacked today. He is nuts. ANyway...he is inconsequential as far as I'm concerned.

Oh I hope we get some more tour news too. It definitely won;t be just two concerts. Thats too expensive to put together...I know some people would rather have the news in one lump but I actually think this is pretty exciting waiting if your neck of the woods was blessed with a Clay tour.

Considering that we have two venues with tickets officially going on sale on April 2nd, I'm pretty confident that we'll get the tour news soon [normal people soon, not Clay soon]. It seems like news gets posted on the OFC on Friday afternoons and evenings from time to time, so I've got my fingers crossed.

ivy, the latest seems tooo convenient, and really just an excuse to get the boards to air the whole mess. Which is what they want.

I am hoping people just ignore it.

A lot of people won't believe it anyway, even if true, because (as we have seen) they have their own agenda.

I sat beside a few people like that in my JNaT concerts. Judging by how often Clay did the "raise your hand if it's your first time at a Clay Aiken deba.....concert" schtick, I think he realizes just that.

<snip>

I think you are onto something. :lightblub: Maybe Clay wants more older fans! Nah.....couldn't be. He's obviously going after the younger demographic with these symphony gigs. :rolleyes:

I honestly think Clay gets a kick out of the new fans he gets....no matter how he gets them, or what age they are. In a way, I think he's still just floored that there are people who are willing to see him. It's that "humble" thing that he's got down cold, and I don't think he'll ever shake. (I honestly think that this is something that some fans want him to get rid of too, his humbleness. Not me.) Anyway, he seems to enjoy any and all of his fans when he's in concert.

I think singing and interpreting songs is his passion. I'm cool with that.

So am I. He's said more than a few times that he likes singing songs with good melodies, and I believe that does tend to take him more toward ballads (not all the time, of course). I think his phrasing is outstanding when he sings, and that, along with THAT VOICE, makes him a song stylist for this generation. BTW, this doesn't mean he can't be a "pop star" too. In my mind, it's not an "either/or" situation. JMO.

Oh I hope we get some more tour news too. It definitely won;t be just two concerts. Thats too expensive to put together...I know some people would rather have the news in one lump but I actually think this is pretty exciting waiting if your neck of the woods was blessed with a Clay tour.

But that requires PATIENCE Ansa, and IMO the fandom has blessed little of that. I'll freely admit that I'm one who doesn't like to wait either, but I've discovered over the past few years that patience does pay off. Buying tickets immediately to the "first" show, only to find out later that there is one much more convenient to me, has burned me a few times. I also feel that if I can just take a deep breath and wait, I don't get nearly as frustrated later when things change (which frequently do). It still amazes me that people are scrambling to get tickets to these first two shows when they are no where near them location wise (my definition is a 6 hour drive or less) when we haven't even heard the complete tour schedule, or even just simply other dates. Speaking of which....

Considering that we have two venues with tickets officially going on sale on April 2nd, I'm pretty confident that we'll get the tour news soon [normal people soon, not Clay soon]. It seems like news gets posted on the OFC on Friday afternoons and evenings from time to time, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Yes, I've noticed that too. My fingers are crossed as well. But then, I'm also hoping for a new blog soon too. Not demanding Clay do that, just hoping.

Lawd Jesus! I feel as if I didn't sleep at all...to bed late and woke up before the alarm..

'sup widdat? <_<

I won't be buying any subscriptions, fo' sho'. With all the CLACK experts, I'm not worried about missing anything! But I WILL try to get to concerts whenever I can...and hook up with buddies whenever I can. That's what I look forward to..

Well, that and Clay's beautiful humongous...stuff... :medium-smiley-070:

Oh, BTW...

:new7::new7::new7::new7::rainbowsmile: (finally)

But that requires PATIENCE Ansa, and IMO the fandom has blessed little of that. I'll freely admit that I'm one who doesn't like to wait either, but I've discovered over the past few years that patience does pay off. Buying tickets immediately to the "first" show, only to find out later that there is one much more convenient to me, has burned me a few times.

I have no patience today. EEEEEEEEEEEee I want more tour dates NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! ;)

I was fine until we got the first two. Now I'm on pins and needles, I'm sooooo excited. I have big plans - first concert, last concert, NC concert(s), all MI and ON concerts, anything close enough to drive to.....but I have to fit all that into a limited # of vacation days, and plan around family events such as kids birthdays and annual traditions (local Elvis festival, camping) that just happen to also fall in July. So I don't want to jump until I know the whole shebang. The fact that the JBT tour dates were removed from the OFC website last night gives me hope that a full announcement is coming........very soon. :P

*puts ADTW on headphones.........ahhhhhhh.........much better*

Edited by luckiest1

What I think was really good about the venues that got discovered yesterday is that they are on opposite end of the country, which makes it look pretty much like the tour will be geographically comprehensive. At least I hope those of us out here in Flyoverville won't be skipped...

thanks for the tip. That is interesting about the scumbag...but I wouldn't be relaxing yet, the guy can simply say he got hacked today. He is nuts. ANyway...he is inconsequential as far as I'm concerned.

I'm so with you. I have seen that scumbag take Clay fans to highs (he's closing his blog) to lows (he opened two more). Ooh I just gave him two seconds of my day.

I've been holding on hoping for this tour. I'm so very excited. So, if Clay is going overseas in April...touring in July and August so probably preparing for a tour in June... and we have no idea how long he will tour... I don't see any new album out this year....unless they take the dusty stuff off the shelf and press something.

Well, I can see I fit right in here - having spent two JNTs at the back of the theater (well, not the back, but in the balcony) to get the "big picture" of the concerts after having close enough seats. What I have learned though is that close enough for me is not close enough for anyone else. I have to laugh at one point we were obviously sat to close as Clay talked to us and my sister and I looked at each other because we didn't remember what we paid for our tickets - so many tickets were bought last year, heh, who can remember the price of just one set? I will remember to sit further away in the future, since I do not feel like I have to be part of the show.

Of course, that second row ticket in Red bank was a lot cheaper than the balcony seat in Englewood!

I can wait, I am not going to Sandiego, so no rush for me, now if it were in my back yard (Yes I did check local theaters! No Clay, no schedules at all yet), it would be another story.

Happy angst day - every day in Clay fandom is angst day to some people, so we might as well just celebrate it. pianodance.gif

I like celebrations sofa.gif

Clay is touring celebration floue.gif

Clay is touring near me celebration giggle.gif

Oh, by the way, people lie on the internet all the time, really they do, you have no idea who is on the other end of the 'net - I was PMing with someone on an odd board who said that I was very nasty to them at first but now they like me. Of course, the first thing they posted was offensive and I told them it was, and they apologized and have not done it again - I think I was pretty darn nice of me to bother to clue them in, but whatever. You can guess what they said. Still, basically, I asked them if they always believed everything they read on the internet and sent them to the earth is flat society web page. But, when people have agendas, they like to believe what they read is the turth when it agrees with their agenda and disbelieve it when it does not. You can see that on many boards in the internet message board world.

alein_hit_head.gif

What? It almost 11am here on the east coast and no more tour news??

What the hell is taking him so long??

Doesn't he know we have plans to make??

Is he jerking us around again??

Or......Is RCA/Clive jerking us around??? That MUST be it. I mean, isn't it all their idea to have him backed by symphony orchestras to further illustrate how dull and boring and out of touch with Clay's fan base ATDW is???

They are obviously ready to part ways with him. They already ruined his recording career. Now they'll ruin his live performance career! Then they can finally drive him out of this business and all will be right in their world and they can go on to ruining the career of another Idol.

**The above was brought to you by Snark Are Us**

I want to go to a Clay concert and I want to go NOW!! IN my perfect world, I would like to be at the first concert and the last (which I was for the JBT and it was the best!), all local concerts (local meaning anything I don't have to take off from work to go to) and at least one road trip (or airplane trip). I want there to be a concert where we can have our FCA pow-wow. I don't care as much if I go to any NC concerts. They're fun but it would probably depend more on who I knew who was going.

But, the reality is, there is this pesky thing known as money that may limit what I want to do. There is also this pesky thing known as work, which by the time the concerts roll around will either not exist (a.k.a unemployment....) or I will be starting a new job, with the slight possibility of even moving to a new city and state. Life right now is in a complete state of uncertainty so planning on going to concerts is probably irresponsible.

But, after receiving wise counsel from muski ( :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) and thinking about it further, I have decided what the hell! I am planning on going to concerts as if I will be able to. If I can afford them when tickets for the concerts I want to go to go on sale, I will buy tickets and plan on going. Worst case scenario is I have to sell concert tickets.

But I so need something fun to look forward to in these scary and uncertain times. So Clay, I am looking forward to seeing you sing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee live and in person! Maybe he'll even sing to me on my birthday!! Maybe he'll even sing "Touch"! <delusional>

I can't wait to see more dates. I can't wait for the madness of the presales. I just want to be there. I hope for at least one concert I am close enough to get good pictures (which never happened this Christmas tour and that was the first time!). And I hope his hair is long and his teeth have dimmed just a bit and his pants are tight!!

I can't wait!

See this is whats so ridiculous about the New Album rumor....

I thought the problem with ATDW is that it didn.t get good prelaunch promo. No build up of narrative.

So now they think Clay is just going to bring out this new CD in the summer without fanfare? Without any promo??? SO how do they think it will sell better than ATDW...just on the strength of their good wishes and faith in Clay and this cool music they think is in this CD???

These people are living in fairy land!!!

The only way I can see a new album squeezing in within 2007 is if its release in the last quarter...towards December. I don;t think Clay would want to forego his Christmas concerts to promote that ...thats why I figured any new album will probably be a re issue of MCWL with AIW or AIW expanded to a full album.

I do believe 2007 will be very similar to 2005.It will be full of concerts and BAF and UNICEF activities. The earliest I can expect a new CD of originals to come out will be first quarter of 2008. But he usually reserves that time for his personal break so I doubt that.

The new music I am looking forward to would be the ones from the concerts cos I'm sure he would have to add other songs to ATDW track list.

can't wait!!!

Isn't it nice taht Clay is one of 6 featured videos on the new RCA web site! They love him and seem to be supporting ATD. (brought to you by assumptions 'R' us).

Of course, some people are missing from that site, not all the artists are even represented and it makes me wonder if they are cutting back on contracts for some of the artists or if they are just not featuring people who are out of active cycles. But it all fits with the inside information that I heard that Clive lurves him some Clay. Not that anyone would believe my unsourced inside information, nor should they - just to be fair, since I am not going to believe anyone else's.