#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Does it ever amaze you how logic seems to escapes so many people - like .... there are rules to logic, very specific rules. If a= b and b = c then a = c.

If A = proven liar, Quoting A = potential of quoting lies. Duh.

I think 'wishes' sometimes overpower common sense.

My, the snark is flying this morning in FCA land, ain't it? :medium-smiley-070:

Ok, now I read CG's post and I just want to say that I did NOT counsel her to throw all caution to the win and just.do.it! Honest! No, I did NOT!

Need to try the 'new' RCA website...couldn't get it to open for me last night. And you know what? Whatever.

I'm getting perturbed at a local radio station--AC--it's usually playing at a coffee shop where I get my latte in the morning and I swear I think I've heard half of ATDW--the original versions---by now. This morning? RHW...the other day? IWKWLI. I've also heard BYLM, EID and SSTBTHW and IFYDMBN!!!!!!...

WTF? Why in the WORLD wouldn't they play Clay's treatment of these songs instead of songs made decades ago? (Actually, I think this station has only played one of Clay's songs---EVER--and that was Invisible)...I have to say...RHW sounded pretty good by Richard Marx--that's my least favorite cover on ATDW, so it was no biggie this morning. However! BYLM and IFYDMBN????Puh leeze.

So now they think Clay is just going to bring out this new CD in the summer without fanfare? Without any promo??? SO how do they think it will sell better than ATDW...just on the strength of their good wishes and faith in Clay and this cool music they think is in this CD???

Absolutely they do. I've been asking those questions for a while now. I was also told that if LAA had been released as a single instead of ATD, it would have been a mega hit, even without $upport. Riiiiighghght.

These people are living in fairy land!!!

Hee, I needed that laugh.

The only way I can see a new album squeezing in within 2007 is if its release in the last quarter...towards December. I don;t think Clay would want to forego his Christmas concerts to promote that ...thats why I figured any new album will probably be a re issue of MCWL with AIW or AIW expanded to a full album.

I don't see that he even has time to start working on a new album until first quarter 2008, so I doubt we'd see one before at least late 2008, or more likely 2009. I think many believe that the mythical "new" album is going to be the one they so desperately wanted, but instead they got ATDW. Personally, I don't believe in the black and white theories at all. I think that ATDW evolved from something.....but it was a process. Not a "ok scrap that one, put it on the shelf, and let's start all over again" decision. In short, I believe that whatever it was originally intended to be, it wasn't all that different in genre from ATDW (probably less covers). But hey, I like shades of grey.

I have to say...RHW sounded pretty good by Richard Marx--that's my least favorite cover on ATDW, so it was no biggie this morning. However! BYLM and IFYDMBN????Puh leeze.

::luckiest1 gently cradles RHW and croons to it in a sing-song voice:: Don't listen to the big, bad people out there. You are the bestest little song on the whole album. I wuvs you. You are my widdle baby. Look at your cute little toe-toes, and your widdle cheekies, and teefies.... ::oops, I got carried away:: :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by luckiest1

Claygasm - hugs over the personal turmoil crap. Good thoughts that things will work out well for you.

muski, ain't that the truth about AC radio? I swear, every other song is one that Clay covered on ATDW or sang on AI or for the JBT. At least my station has ATD in the rotation, so I do get to hear it every once in a while.

Ah the idea of the rawking album full of fabulous original songs that Clive trashed in favor of supporting Daughtry / to punish Clay / whatever theory of the day is. I think that mirage will be shining in front of some people for a really long time.

Lover All Alone - I still believe that it just wasn't done in time to include on ATDW, and so it got put up on iTunes. I think we are very lucky that we have it at all at this time, and that it didn't get held over until the next album. I don't see any big conspiracy theories there. And I contend that the sound of "I Knew You Were Waiting" [eta: or as muski so kindly pointed out to me, I could call it by the correct title of "If You Don't Know Me by Now"] was simply out of synch with the rest of the songs on ATDW, and so it wasn't included on the physical CD. But what do I know?

Ok, now I read CG's post and I just want to say that I did NOT counsel her to throw all caution to the win and just.do.it! Honest! No, I did NOT!

But, but, but, you said "things work out the way they should" and "go with the flow"! After further thought I just KNEW you were telling me to just.do.it and throw all caution to the wind!! I am a Clay Aiken fan. I can read between the lines as well as anyone and it was clear to me you were telling me in code that I should go to any and all Clay concerts that I can and so what if it means I stay unemployed and have to live out of a shopping cart!!

You mean, that's not what you meant?

You mean I read your super seekrit code wrong???

You mean you actually meant what you actually said???

Ooops. :unsure::wacko::)

And I contend that the sound of "I Knew You Were Waiting" was simply out of synch with the rest of the songs on ATDW, and so it wasn't included on the physical CD. But what do I know?

Uh....bottle? I don't know what you know, but this sentence makes me pretty sure what you don't know---you don't know that "I Knew You Were Waiting" isn't a song on the CD or iTunes OR as a special download through KMart....heh. :unsure:

You mean If You Don't Know Me By Now, right? :blush: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Of course, he DID sing IKYWW with Angela---knocked the shiznit out of it actually---during the NAT, so I guess you ARE correct in a literal sense. ALthough, when you think about the lyrics, I contend that that particular song IS in sync with the rest of the songs on ATDW, so what do I know? :huh:

And CG...I TOLD you to turn off that damned decoder device before that particular PM! I swear, you're worse than Carrie at listening to me.... <_<

(And just to make sure you both know I'm just yanking your chains... :big hug: --and no decoder rings needed for that at all!)

I was fine until we got the first two. Now I'm on pins and needles, I'm sooooo excited. I have big plans - first concert, last concert, NC concert(s), all MI and ON concerts, anything close enough to drive to.....but I have to fit all that into a limited # of vacation days, and plan around family events such as kids birthdays and annual traditions (local Elvis festival, camping) that just happen to also fall in July. So I don't want to jump until I know the whole shebang. The fact that the JBT tour dates were removed from the OFC website last night gives me hope that a full announcement is coming........very soon. :P

I'm actually with you on this....it would be INCREDIBLY helpful if I had the dates, and could start planning. Like you, I have a limited number of vacation days, and also several family commitments in July. And I can't even THINK about taking time off from the middle of August onward (not when school starts -- I had to finagle to get time off for the JBT 2 years ago, considering I had just started my job). The first show and last shows would be cool to attend, but I'll wait and see where they are at. One of those might be my "fly to it" show (as compared to "drive to it").

What I think was really good about the venues that got discovered yesterday is that they are on opposite end of the country, which makes it look pretty much like the tour will be geographically comprehensive. At least I hope those of us out here in Flyoverville won't be skipped...

At this point, I'm hoping that Texas gets something. They deserve it.

But I so need something fun to look forward to in these scary and uncertain times. So Clay, I am looking forward to seeing you sing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee live and in person! Maybe he'll even sing to me on my birthday!! Maybe he'll even sing "Touch"! <delusional>

I can't wait to see more dates. I can't wait for the madness of the presales. I just want to be there. I hope for at least one concert I am close enough to get good pictures (which never happened this Christmas tour and that was the first time!). And I hope his hair is long and his teeth have dimmed just a bit and his pants are tight!!

I can't wait!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to CG. I've been there....lost my job just as the dates for the IT came through. But I decided that I was worth it to go to two of the shows, and I'm glad I did. I think you deserve it too.....

But what it is about all this uncertainty? At my workplace, 3 people have resigned this week. Sheesh.

Personally, I don't believe in the black and white theories at all. I think that ATDW evolved from something.....but it was a process. Not a "ok scrap that one, put it on the shelf, and let's start all over again" decision. In short, I believe that whatever it was originally intended to be, it wasn't all that different in genre from ATDW (probably less covers). But hey, I like shades of grey.

I seem to remember reading about a few recording artists who had their fully completed albums "sit on the shelf" at some record companies. What did the artists do? Make a big stink about it to the media. Clay hasn't done that, which suggests to me personally that this was not the case. It seems to me that if the album was truly "scrapped" (as in "shelved to make a cover album, but totally recorded nonetheless"), there would have been some major press about it....not just a little blurb in EW. And if you want to call me delusional -- hey, that's fine. Anyway, ITA with you luckiest1!

::luckiest1 gently cradles RHW and croons to it in a sing-song voice:: Don't listen to the big, bad people out there. You are the bestest little song on the whole album. I wuvs you. You are my widdle baby. Look at your cute little toe-toes, and your widdle cheekies, and teefies.... ::oops, I got carried away:: :medium-smiley-070:

BWAH!

Lover All Alone - I still believe that it just wasn't done in time to include on ATDW, and so it got put up on iTunes. I think we are very lucky that we have it at all at this time, and that it didn't get held over until the next album. I don't see any big conspiracy theories there.

Bolding mine. This actually brings up an interesting speculation...if bottlecap's theory that LAA just wasn't finished in time, but the song didn't make it to the fans until the NEXT album....would there have been unrest because the song is so good and should have been out sooner? Or would that unrest be unwarranted, because it would be part of an "originals" album? (Assuming, of course, that the next album is mostly orignials...) But I agree -- I think Clay gave us a gift by releasing the song on iTunes. It could be that we'd all be sitting around, LAA-less. *g*

I think the late LAA is more than jsut Bottle cap's theory. The song was finished in the summer of 2006 according to Clay - now he could have been holding the album up for that or he could have gone with the very reasonable premise taht it did not fit the album. I thinkit is a combination of being finished late and not fitting the album, so no need to hold it back some more to add it.

Ah, gee, there I go believing what Clay says to me, instead of reding between the lines at thte things he doesn't say. Shucks, I am such a bad fan.

Ah, gee, there I go believing what Clay says to me, instead of reding between the lines at thte things he doesn't say. Shucks, I am such a bad fan.

When will you learn??? Clay only speaks in code. I heard that at the OFC, same place I heard that there's a new album coming out any. day. now. and that the tour will be in support of it, not ATDW, because ATDW is finished, I tell you finished. How dare it sell only 500,000. Folks better quit playing ATD on the radio and putting that video on websites everywhere. Die bad ATDW, die!! :badpc: Ooops, sorry, that's a PC not an album.

Hmmm...."LAA less".....cute, ldyjoclyn!

I never quite 'got' it when Clay said that LAA didn't 'fit' with the other songs...

What about SSTBTHW? Now there's a depressing song...LAA is no more depressing (IMO) or 'dark' than that one...so that rationale doesn't do it for me...

Whatever...it didn't end up on the CD and I'm sorry about that for marketing and sales reasons, but hell! I got it on my iPod so :allgood: since it's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm jsut as sorry that IYDKMBN wasn't on the CD OR another bonus on regular iTunes downloads. I don't think lots of people did that KMart thingy...and this is such a hot, soulful Clay voice, I wish more could...er...enjoy it. :hubbahubba:

Oooh, OOOh, Mr Kotter -- ohhhh.

I think that Sorry is a hopeful song. He is trying to figure out what he can do to make up. He had love, he lost love, he wanted that very love back.

LAA is a down song where he never had love and didn't know if he would ever get it.

Oooh, OOOh, Mr Kotter -- ohhhh.

I think that Sorry is a hopeful song. He is trying to figure out what he can do to make up. He had love, he lost love, he wanted that very love back.

LAA is a down song where he never had love and didn't know if he would ever get it.

YUP..SSTBTHW...is a love song...its about lost love and heart ache. LAA...is about NOT finding love. So to me its really an anti-lovesong.

Playbiller I agree with you about "Sorry", I think it reflects someone who has at least known love before. Perhaps LAL is too personal to Clay, maybe that's why he thinks it is a sadder song. It seems to reflect someone who really wants to be in love, but isn't sure if he ever has been

Regardless, I love both of theses songs, they both usually get repeated when they come up on my CD.

Luckiest1, I also love "Right Here Waiting", and don't understand the general trashing the song gets.

My first post in about 3 weeks, I've been keeping up while on vacation, just nodding, or shaking my head as all the recent topics have been discussed.

Luckiest1, I also love "Right Here Waiting", and don't understand the general trashing the song gets.

Hi, atinal!

For me, this song really showcases the nasal quality of Clay's voice. He CAN sound that way and in this song that's what I hear--nasally and whiney...I don't HATESSS it,,just not my favorite sound he can make with that VOX of his....

Like when he's grunting the beginning and ending of words in IFYDMBN... :hubbahubba:

Hee, that's ok, it'll just be you and I swooning and swaying and singing along during the concerts, then. Becoss I am determined to see/hear this one live! Don't you just love the way he performed it at the DF gala? I think Clay likes it, too.

Hee, that's ok, it'll just be you and I swooning and swaying and singing along during the concerts, then. Becoss I am determined to see/hear this one live! Don't you just love the way he performed it at the DF gala? I think Clay likes it, too.

Yeah, Luckiest we can hold our noses as we sing along so we can replicate that nasaly sound. Thanks for that Muski, I never ever noticed it sounding nasaly, I probably will NOW. Hee. RHW is not my favorite song from the cd, but I do like it, infact, it would be hard for me to pick a favorite. I range from like to love on the cd, there is nothing I dislike or hate on it.

Oh, and Luckiest, I did love him singing RHW at the Gala.

Ok...I did NOT just spend the last hour here at work on airline websites checking out potential matchups of business trips and Clay concerts...

nope.

not me.

I mean...that wouldn't make any sense. We don't even KNOW where and when he's going to HAVE concerts, except for San Diego and western New York state. I've already decided that I'm going to try to get a site visit scheduled for the hotels in San Diego for late July (heh) since we're looking at that city for our big conference in 2009. No way to work in the New York one, though. Now...I need Clay to hit these cities: Denver, Memphis, Houston, Charlotte and Miami...

I know! I should just send his people my ideal itinerary and have HIM adjust (heh) himself to ME! (heh again)... :hubbahubba:

From the OFC:

03/02/07 : Tour News Alert!

By Team Clay

Clay Aiken summer 2007 touring plans are close to being confirmed with dates that start in July all across the U.S. Keep your eyes peeled to clayonline.com for show announcements in the coming days, along with on sale and fan club presale information. Get your oil changed, and calculate those frequent flier miles...the summer tour will be here before you know it!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

:manynanas::manynanas:

From the OFC:

03/02/07 : Tour News Alert!

By Team Clay

Clay Aiken summer 2007 touring plans are close to being confirmed with dates that start in July all across the U.S. Keep your eyes peeled to clayonline.com for show announcements in the coming days, along with on sale and fan club presale information. Get your oil changed, and calculate those frequent flier miles...the summer tour will be here before you know it!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE