#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Maybe Clay's working up a live-action version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer where he plays Hermie the Elf and Raleigh appears as Rudolph. He had to take Raleigh to LA with him so the special effects / make-up guys could start fitting her for the blinking nose prosthetics.

What.

Isn't about time again to start clutching our pearls and moaning about how Clive / Roger / RCA, et al are preventing Clay from appearing on the Dancing With the Stars results show this season?

bottlecap, you are making me :cryingwlaughter: this morning! But...pearls? Only the best diamonds for moi, thank you. Pearls are so Barbara Bush.

:backtotopic:

I'm loving each and every suggestion y'all are coming up with, both for the Christmas songs and for the reasons why he was seen heading into a recording studio. The possibility that makes me the most excited is the soundtrack work -- I'm with Ansa in that I think that would get him a great deal of publicity. But I'd certainly be happy with a new Christmas CD as well.

Joins the "I :::heart::: ATDW" club. But I think y'all knew that.

I was over at the OFC hoping the rest of the summer tour dates had been posted.

No such luck, BUT there is a cute audio "Happy Spring" message from Clay!

No hint as to the rest of the tour dates, what the exciting things in development are or that he is changing record labels.

But then again, I didn't have my super seekrit decoding headphones on, so I may have missed the super seekrit messages!

Claygasm, it's obvious that the whole flowers blooming thing means "A new start at Warners". Duh! Have you not been paying attention? ;)

:lol: What's funny is that that is probably what some are thinking.

I just love the way he growls the last word.........

Claygasm, it's obvious that the whole flowers blooming thing means "A new start at Warners". Duh! Have you not been paying attention? ;)

Now how did I miss that? Its so obvious!

This was posted at CV:

INTERESTING CONCERT INFORMATION

I called Meadowbrook in New Hampshire this morning to check up on their Gold and Inner Circle Memership sales; but also found out some other information.

This is an indoor-outdoor venue, and usually they sell lawn tickets. I told them I noticed they don't have lawn tickets for sale on their website for Clay this year. The answer was: We are not selling lawn tickets for Clay Aiken's show this year, as this particular concert is intended to be done in an intimate atmosphere.

Intimate atmosphere? Orchestras? Hmmmm. Sounds like a concert filled with those rocking original songs from his soon to be released new album on a new label to me!

Only not.

:medium-smiley-070:

Edited by Claygasm

Damn! I wish we had an "Answer Fella" to tell us what Clay REALLY meant!

And then I guess we would need an Associate Answer Fella to explain what the Answer Fella was REALLY trying to tell us.....and then, and then....

Heeee....sometimes I wonder if Clay doesn't just do or say things salely in order to see what wondrous and fantastical utter crap is spun.

Lessee - Spring is a time of renewal, so I think Clay just signed up with RCA for five more CDs.

Or maybe he is telling us that he will be releasing a rocking CD in the spring.

Or maybe this is a veiled warning to turn our clocks and watches ahead one hour so we don't miss any sekrit messages.

If only I could have seen the state of his eyeballs as he was speaking? Sparkly? Whirling like a Dervish? Rolling pretty far back into his head? Bloodshot? Crinkled shut with laughter? Narrowed suspiciously, wary that Clive will catch him communicating with his fans? Did we get this message straight from Clay, or did I hear R2D2 beeping in the background?

I have it from sources I cannot divulge that originally Clay was going to wish us a happy winter, but Clive purposely put that on hold so long that Clay had to substitute spring instead, because spring is one of Clive's favorite seasons.

Pleez don't anyone tell Jerome I have been speculating.

Intimate atmosphere? Orchestras? Hmmmm. Sounds like a concert filled with those ricking original songs from his soon to be released new album on a new label to me!

OMG!!!!! I better start to bling up some earmuffs! I wonder if Clay will be selling those at the concerts!

OMG!OMG! Maybe this is a super sekrit concert series!

Edited by djs111

OKay, djs...I almost just spit out my lunch when I read this:

I bet originally Clay was going to wish us a happy winter, but Clive put that on hold so long that he had to substitute spring instead, because sping is one of Clive's favorite seasons.

:cryingwlaughter::funny:

It's bad, isn't it, that as I listened to him clipping off those words I could imagine his facial expressions? his mouth and tongue contortions? :unsure:

Yeah...I thought so... :hubbahubba:

WARNING! NEXT HUNK OF WORDS ARE ABOUT A BOOK I'M READING (THAT MAKES ME THINK OF CLAY), SO SCROLL AT WILL! :blush:

i'M readinga book called "Three Cups of Tea", about an American climber who got lost while descending from a failed attempt at the summit of K2. He would've died if some people from a remote village hadn't found him and nursed him back to health. He came to know the people and their culture and seeing the incredible isolation and poverty, yet such resilience and strength , he decided to work toward doing something worthwhile---he wanted to build a school there. Amazing story.

...I keep thinking of Clay as I read more and more--parallels between this man and our man. In one part when he's returned to the Bay Area (where he'd lived) to find funding for his idea of the school and possibly others, he went to an American Himalayan Associateion event at the Fairmont Hotel where Sir Edmund Hillary was scheduled to deliver a speech.

Hillary talked about his famous first ascent, downplaying its significance and saying that lots of other, more fit and able climbers could have beaten him and Tenzing Norgay to the peak. Anyway, his next words just hit something in me:

"I was just an enthusiastic mountaineer of modest abilities who was willing to work quite hard and had the necessary imagination and determination. I was just an average bloke. It was the media that tried to transform me into a heroic figure. But I've learned through the years, as long as you don't believe all that rubbish about yourself, you can't come to too much harm."

In this book, Hillary's words gave Mortensen (the subject of the book) the encouragement and faith he needed to keep on with his dream...

I believe that Clay sees himself this way. Just enthusiastic (like his fans <g>) about life and possibilities. He listens to his heart and doesn't immediately negate ideas that his fertile imagination offers. He remains determined, regardless of the obstacles that life offers. And he's said that he's just an 'average bloke' numerous times. It IS the media and others who try to make him into something else. And he sees the media the way Hillary seemed to, as well. He knows what's true about himself, so he just doesn't give those in the media (and other gnats) any of his thought or time.

Okay...serious discussion over for the day...sorry to derail the humor....but I can't stop thinking about it all as I read this extraodinary story of an ordinary man...I just keep seeing Clay all over the pages. :wub:

Muski, that book sounds really interesting. I must put it on my ever lengthening "To Read" list - right after the 3 partially read books sittiing on my coffee table!

I believe that Clay sees himself this way. Just enthusiastic (like his fans <g>) about life and possibilities. He listens to his heart and doesn't immediately negate ideas that his fertile imagination offers. He remains determined, regardless of the obstacles that life offers. And he's said that he's just an 'average bloke' numerous times. It IS the media and others who try to make him into something else. And he sees the media the way Hillary seemed to, as well. He knows what's true about himself, so he just doesn't give those in the media (and other gnats) any of his thought or time.

I think this is very true, except, its not just the media who tries to make him into something he's not. Look at the fans! They have made into everything from a saint to a rock star! Sometimes I think few in this fandom really "get" the real Clay. So many try to mold him into whoever they want him to be and after awhile they truly BELIEVE that's who he is.

Thankfully, Clay doesn't listen to all of "us" either or he might develop a multiple personality disorder! :goaround:

So, Clay's doing a "Magical Musical Christmas Tour" OK by me! That name has a familiar ring to it. I wonder if where he'll play near me!

I have an ever-increasing list of books to read too. Right now I am knee-deep in the magical intrique at Hogwarts School of Magic and Wizardry. I started listening to the audio books during my commute back before Christmas. I listened to them backwards from #6 to #3 and then I started reading from the first book onward. This will be the third or fourth time for each book. I want to get them all reread before the "Order of the Phoenix" comes out in July.

Oh HORRORS!! Is Clay's concert on the same day?? I may have to rethink this whole tour thing (NOT!) I guess Harry will just have to wait a few days!

More OT - I can't believe the series will be over when #7 comes out late July! What will she do next!

On Topic........ I can't wait for Clay to sing those ATDW songs with an orchestra, a lot of those songs had orchestrial sections in them... I wonder who will sing Suze's part on IWKWLI and if he will do Broken Wings. I'd love it if he does!!

More OT again - is anybody into Neil Gaiman? I just finished "The Anansi Boys" and it's fantastic!

Edited by cha cha trusty

There's a new Springtime audio message from Clay at the OFC.

Dude, it might be green where you are, but here in Ohio it's still gray and brown and damp and cold...

Well then -- he must be in Illinois today, because it's nice and green and warm here!

Bwah!

Intimate atmosphere? Orchestras? Hmmmm. Sounds like a concert filled with those rocking original songs from his soon to be released new album on a new label to me!

Only not.

:medium-smiley-070:

Heh. The detective skills of a few of the poddies seems to be slipping a bit.

I think this concert series will be beautiful, gorgeous, and breathtaking. He'll sing, the strings in the background complimenting his voice perfectly. I cannot wait.

cha cha trusty, I think Angela will take the female part on IWKWLI. How he'll do broken wings is another matter -- but I can't wait to find out.

muski, that book does sound fascinating. I love true life stories, especially ones like that.

I think this is very true, except, its not just the media who tries to make him into something he's not. Look at the fans! They have made into everything from a saint to a rock star! Sometimes I think few in this fandom really "get" the real Clay. So many try to mold him into whoever they want him to be and after awhile they truly BELIEVE that's who he is.

Thankfully, Clay doesn't listen to all of "us" either or he might develop a multiple personality disorder! :goaround:

Oh man, this is one of my pet peeves within the fandom. There are so many that hate Clive and/or RCA for "putting Clay into a box" -- when I see some fans doing the exact same thing, it's just a different kind of box. And left out of the equation is Clay -- what does he want? Do we really know? I've always said "I want for him what HE wants for himself -- no matter what that could be."

cha cha trusty, I'm working on the Harry Potter series too, before the final book comes out!

ATTENTION ANYONE PLANNING ON GOING DOWN TEXAS WAY!

Just saw this posted by misschris at CV:

EEEEEEE Nokia is now on TM. 3/30 10 am CDT.

Hope it doesn't disappear.

I also see an AllAccess Internet presale for 3/29.

Ok, Clay, TC or whoever is in charge of these kind of things! All these tickets are starting to go on sale and we still don't have the rest of the tour dates nor are we getting any presale information!!

Edited because this does mention a presale, but is an AllAccess presale the same as the fanclub presale??

And I guess there will be no fanclub presale for Pala??

Edited again because I keep meaning to ask. On TM for Pala it says: INTERNET AND PHONE ORDERS ARE **WILL CALL** ONLY!

Does that mean if you buy tickets and then don't use them you can't sell them because when you pick them up at will call you would have to show ID??

Edited by Claygasm

Love me some Gaiman!

Eeeeee! for the Nokia presale!

and I was reading this article on MSNBC

which keeps emphasizing that if you've got ovaries, and like something, that something cannot be cool. Period. It really is not just Clay. The band they are talking about is Nickelback. Which I didn't realize that critics just apparently hate as the band laughs it's way to the bank.

Does that mean if you buy tickets and then don't use them you can't sell them because when you pick them up at will call you would have to show ID??

CG...that's what the manager at Pala told me when I was doing my schmoozing over the phone yesterday.

CG...that's what the manager at Pala told me when I was doing my schmoozing over the phone yesterday.

Well you can still pick it up on will call and give it to the person that bought it from you right???

Hope I don;t have to worry about that...I actually paid for my first ticket already EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Love me some Gaiman!

Eeeeee! for the Nokia presale!

and I was reading this article on MSNBC

which keeps emphasizing that if you've got ovaries, and like something, that something cannot be cool. Period. It really is not just Clay. The band they are talking about is Nickelback. Which I didn't realize that critics just apparently hate as the band laughs it's way to the bank.

Yup and that is what Daughtry most sound like...and they are also selling.

Well you can still pick it up on will call and give it to the person that bought it from you right???
sure...just means that both buyer and seller have to BE there instead of mailing tix and money, etc.

I might be setting up a picnic fer away from Clay at this place! I think it's gonna be a bloodbath at Ticketbastard tomorrow.

sure...just means that both buyer and seller have to BE there instead of mailing tix and money, etc.

I might be setting up a picnic fer away from Clay at this place! I think it's gonna be a bloodbath at Ticketbastard tomorrow.

But, what if you won't be there and that is why you are selling it???

It isn't tomorrow, is it? Isn't it Friday??

I'm getting skeered!!!

Is it because you are not sure of coming? So maybe someone can buy the ticket for you who will be going for sure. So if you need to sell it they can stil pick it up and give it to the person you sold it to.

Anyway...I really have to piggyback with couchie cos I cannot use my credit card so both tickets will be in her name and I just paypal her.

This is exciting. I just told my family in SF that we will be coming so there is not turning back for me.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am being Zen about where we end up Muski...I just think the experince of having a picnic with Clay serenading us will be totally cool...

Is it because you are not sure of coming? So maybe someone can buy the ticket for you who will be going for sure. So if you need to sell it they can stil pick it up and give it to the person you sold it to.

Anyway...I really have to piggyback with couchie cos I cannot use my credit card so both tickets will be in her name and I just paypal her.

This is exciting. I just told my family in SF that we will be coming so there is not turning back for me.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am being Zen about where we end up Muski...I just think the experince of having a picnic with Clay serenading us will be totally cool...

Well, I sure as hell plan to come, but since at that point I will likely be unemployed I keep worrying about what would happen if I was offered a job and they wouldn't ley me take the time off - even without pay. My first thought is, would I want to work for a company that would force me to take a finanical loss (and make me miss Clay!)? The answer is no, but I can't afford to stay out of work for too long and I don't think I will exactly be inundated with job offers!

Then again, I am buying airline tickets and other concert tickets as if I will definitely be coming so why not this too! I suppose if worse came to worse I could call the venue and explain the situation and maybe something could be worked out.

I have accepted the fact I probably won't get the best seats for the CA 3-fer. I guess I am most worried about Pala. I do wish we had been able to get Clay's package (heh...), but it seems whatever board you go to, everyone is planning on going to the CA 3-fer! I just hope we get a ticket anywhere!

On another subject (sort of...), I was reading at CV and in a long post mostly lamenting that it looks as if Clay will be singing songs from ATDW, I saw this:

Still can't imagine the summer tour being about ATDW. A CD that Clay doesn't even acknowledges exists.

A CD Clay doesn't even acknowledges exists??? Um, why do people say that? I mean, when lately has he even had a chance to talk about it? During a Christmas tour? During an appearance on GMA where he was talking about UNICEF? On Kimmel - ok, I suppose he could have plugged it then, but he wasn't there as the musical guest and they made a point that he wasn't there to plug anything (which was code for he doesn't acknowledge the CD I guess...). Does all that mean he regards the CD as dead and he hates it and wants nothing to do with it??

Not acknowledging its existence would be if he were asked specifically about it in an interview and he answered "What CD?". Not just not talking it up at inapproriate times!

Edited again because I keep meaning to ask. On TM for Pala it says: INTERNET AND PHONE ORDERS ARE **WILL CALL** ONLY!

That's exactly what it means. When you pick up your tickets, you have to have picture ID and the same charge card you used to purchase the tickets with you.

That's exactly what it means. When you pick up your tickets, you have to have picture ID and the same charge card you used to purchase the tickets with you.

Thanks for the info.

Well, it should make it harder for the brokers anyway!

FROM THE FRONT PAGE AT THE OFC:

03/21/07 : Clay Aiken Pre-Sale Information

Please note the following pre-sale information regarding tour dates listed below:

7/17/07 - Philadelphia, PA - Mann Center for the Performing Arts

A pre-sale for this tour date is confirmed. Exact pre-sale start date and time will be listed on the site as it is confirmed.

7/20/07 - Chautaqua, NY - Chautaqua Institution Amphitheater

A pre-sale for this tour date is confirmed. Exact pre-sale start date and time will be listed on the site as it is confirmed.

8/03/07 - Pala, CA - Palomar Starlight Theater

A special allotment of the best tickets available are being held specifically for fan club members. These tickets will be available via a password protected "pre-sale" - we expect to have confirmation of the pre-sale start date and time by the end of the day tomorrow. Please note that other tickets for this show may be sold in advance of the fan club sale, but be sure to keep in mind that hundreds of the best tickets are on hold specifically for the fan club members.

Edited by Claygasm