#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

what the fuck was that all about?

On AI - they just showed a sign being held by a guy said, "Clay Aiken hurt me"

Any idea what that might mean? Not sure I liked that!

Didn't see that...someone said it was that Brad Garrett...I;m sure they were just trying to be funny. Doing the guy least likely to hurt someone...and one of the most recognizable name.

Didn't see that...someone said it was that Brad Garrett...I;m sure they were just trying to be funny. Doing the guy least likely to hurt someone...and one of the most recognizable name.

Brad Garrett's aunt used to be a client of mine. Isn't that fascinating??? :medium-smiley-070:

I replayed it - it was Brad Garrett - but the way he was holding it looked like the guys in the row behind him.

Still didn't like it!

Are you sure it wasn't Clive and Roger holding the sign? And the only ones that will probably give the whole thing a second thought (beyond a quick WTF?), is the overprotective Clay Nation.

Well, you see, Clive and Roger couldn't hold up the sign themselves. People would recognize them. So they paid Brad Garrett to hold it. Besides, he's really tall so the sign would be sure to be seen.

All part of the evil plot to destroy Clay's career!

So - Philadelphia - does a decision of being in the preferred group need to be made before the fan pre-sale? I am still willing to form a group of 6 and can supply 2 or 3.

I saw the sing on AI and thought that was pretty stupid - I have no idea why they showed it since it did not seem to have a meaning. Some so called comedians are just not funny.

I didn't see the show, or the sign -- but can it be taken this way: The guy holding sign (Brad) was still hurt after all this time, because Clay LOST?!!?!?! That's how I'm gonna choose to take it.

If it IS the other meaning though -- I'm positive that RCA had something to do with. My fortune cookie at dinner this evening told me so.

Well, damn -- I was gonna try to buy seats for the Pala show, on the chance that this would be my "trip." Now I find out that I can't resell them. Damn it.

And frankly, I'm still floored at the people who think that Clay can't/won't acknowledge this album because he doesn't like it. Geez.

REMINDER: Donate to the BAF through the 6 Degrees Badge (located here), and then forward your emailed receipt to Aron at the BAF with "FCA-Making a Difference" in the subject line. You'll help keep the BAF as the number one badge, and also help the FCA team! Go us! More information is here!

eeeeeeee we're finally listed on the website at TBAF but boooo our February donations don't seem to be listed. I'm only concerned as to future endeavors but I'll ask him about it after the gala. I think they have their hands full.

After this initial Clay concert angst is over with I'll begin to work on the next fundraiser. Perhaps we can time it for June..get it out of the way before the concerts start. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE concerts!

Is Pala stressing anybody else out. I was fine until I read that from the OFC..the PRE sale may or may not take place before the regular sale. And "hundreds" of tickets are reserved for the fan club. I'm sorry but 300 or 400 or 900 or 2300. LOL. That makes all the difference. I think I'll just take my chances on Friday, unless we hear more soon. I need 4 tickets!! UGH. :finger:

I feel better now.

I've read some very reasonable positive interpretations of the sign on AI tonight (basically, whatshisname was booted off before the commercial, is still sad, and somehow blames Clay). While I'm seeing some angsting, I'm hearing a lot more people saying, "No big deal," just snark, great to have his name out there, whatever. Some notorious pod pot-stirrers are being ignored or contradicted. YAY!

:allgood:

I keep hearing this little ditty in my head: "I can see clearly now, the pod has lifted."

:rainbowsmile:

It's 3:52 am..>I figure Clay may have released the super sekrit Pala pre sale info. NO? Going to bed.

Couchie, sweetie, when I signed on this morning and saw the time of your post there, it made me shake my head a bit. Ticket angst - not a good thing. :ninja:

From CB and CV:

NBC & Disson Skating Extend Contract Through 2011

Thu, 22nd, Mar 2007

Disson Skating, a producer of televised ice skating shows in the United States and Canada, today extended its network contract with NBC-TV for an additional four years (through 2011).

Disson Skating, which operates in a partnership with Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment firm Comcast-Spectacor, annually produces 10 ice skating extravaganzas, which uniquely incorporate a live musical concert into the shows....

<snip>

American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken, vocalist Sarah Brightman, country music sensation Wynonna Judd and classical pianist Lang Lang have already confirmed their participation in upcoming Disson Skating shows in 2007-08. The company is in negotiations for additional acts to be confirmed shortly....

Disson Skating has already scheduled its 10 shows for the 2007-08 ice skating season, beginning on Saturday, October 27 at 4 p.m. with the Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular. Other shows will air on Sunday, November 11 at 4 p.m. with Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate; Sunday, November 25 at 4 p.m. with Kristi Yamaguchi's Friends & Family; Saturday, December 22 at 4 p.m. with Country On Ice; Sunday, December 23 at 4 p.m. with Wynonna Tribune on Ice.; Tuesday, December 25 at 2:30 p.m. with Holiday Celebration on Ice; Tuesday, January 1 at 3 p.m. with Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular; Sunday, January 6 at 4 p.m. with Latin on Ice; Sunday, January 13 at 4 p.m . with Skate for the Heart; and Sunday, January 20 at 4 p.m. with Fashion On Ice.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! Fandoms collide! I know that Kurt's show always tapes in Ontario.....usually Toronto or Hamilton. I wonder which show Clay will be on? I wonder who'll skate to his song?

I keep hearing this little ditty in my head: "I can see clearly now, the pod has lifted."

:cryingwlaughter: I will never hear that song the same way again........

Edited by luckiest1

I took a quick spin around through some AI recaps from last night: MSNBC, USA Today, TV Gude, Entertainment Weekly. Only one mentioned Brad Garrett's on stage schtick, and not one said anything about the Clay sign. I think it only made an impression on the Clay Nation, and not the general public.

And EEEEEEEEE! about the skating thing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the Skating TV thing. Someone emailed it to me this morning, and suggested that Clay might be part of the Kristi Yamaguchi special, because she lives in Raleigh (if I remember correctly, she's married to one of the Raleigh hockey players). Like couchie, I usually only make a concerted effort to watch during the Olympics...but if there is nothing else on TV and I'm channel scanning and find a skating show, I'll watch. That should be fun.

For some reason, I'm still not all that stressed about tickets, although I did have a bit of angst last night regarding Pala and "will call only." The California 3-fer is one I was thinking of going to -- still am, actually. But, at this point, I'm not going to make ANY decisions until I know a bit more. OK, so that might make me not decide until June. *g* But you know what? The kindness of the ClayNation will probably come through for me. If not....I'll deal. I'll still get to SOME show, I just know it.

I'm glad to hear that the AI sign last night is pretty much being ignored by the fandom, or at least less angst.

I've read some very reasonable positive interpretations of the sign on AI tonight (basically, whatshisname was booted off before the commercial, is still sad, and somehow blames Clay). While I'm seeing some angsting, I'm hearing a lot more people saying, "No big deal," just snark, great to have his name out there, whatever. Some notorious pod pot-stirrers are being ignored or contradicted. YAY!

:rainbowsmile:

Yeah I can understand internet fans that know all about the crap Clay has had lately would react negatively to that sign. But I really think its just attention getting behavior for this show they are plugging. They needed to attract more attention of the viewer or the camera man...so they made up a sign for the most buzzworthy former contestant on the show....Why Clay Aiken hurt me???cos its ridiculous...the character of Brad is suposed to be such a whimp that even Clay can hurt him...I think that is the point of the joke. I think most people watching would either go HUH???? or just shake their head at the ridiculous image. Think of this as another version of the Clay beating up Kimmel joke. The only way that joke worked was because it was so different from Clay's public persona that it was obviously made up.

oh and YAY for the skating news...

they often show these skating shows in Canada specialy Kurt Brownings. They are usually very well produced and the skaters are the top professionals around so it won't be cheesy. I would love a Kristi, Kurt or Brian match up. Clay will have so much fun with these pros...I can't wait!!!!

I just had a vision...Broken wings...Skated by Kurt or kristi...or the Canadian Pair Champions, can;t think of their names right now...that will be dynamic...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

visions of Clay skating and singing - do taht anyone else! Evil thought - new theme night on AI - athletic singing

this may be sacrilege for a Clay fan to say.. but I actually don;t want to see him skating and singing in these shows. Better for him to do what he does best and for these fantastic pros to do what they do best.

I think I have seen certain staging where the singer is in the middle of a rink in sort of stage and the skater interacts with them by skating on to the stage. Now other skating fans can correct me but did Kurt do something like this with his wife...who I think is a dancer???or am I thinking of someone else or just dreaming again, where she dances on this stage and he would skate to her and carry her around the ice?

So ...2 concert tours...travelling for UNICEF and doing skating shows...

I wonder where he will squeeze in recording and the promo of another rocking CD of originals...

and I wonder if this is the exciting other project or this is something else...this will be exciting!!!!

visions of Clay skating and singing

Holy crap - swoon! Ice, melted; bottlecap, kilt dead. I had no idea about the Hurricanes thing, and when I saw the footage of Clay singing and skating, I almost passed out.

:urhot:

ETA: Ansa, I know Clay will just sing, but it's nice to fantisize about the skating just a bit... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

visions of Clay skating and singing

Holy crap - swoon! Ice, melted; bottlecap, kilt dead. I had no idea about the Hurricanes thing, and when I saw the footage of Clay singing and skating, I almost passed out.

:urhot:

ETA: Ansa, I know Clay will just sing, but it's nice to fantisize about the skating just a bit... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I almost choked on my Coke when I found out that he sang and skated AT THE SAME TIME that night. To me, this was "Mr. I Can't Dance Worth a Lick," so I was pleasantly surprised when he pulled the skate/sing trick that evening. This is coming from someone who has terribly weak ankles and the thought of ice skating just terrifies me.

Clay, I'm still waiting patiently for those dates.....don't make me go all Clay Aiken on your ass. *g*

All pod ful people may want to avoidsome boards - some one wrote a letter to the editor about "Clay being mandated" and now it is being quoted as a news article nd proof. Some people want to believe sooooo much. At least it was removed from CB main thread - I would have jumped onthat sucker so fast.

Come one, Ansa whine, whine - I didn't mean perform skating tricks - just maybe show that he does not fall down. I was really quite impressed that he sketed so well. maybe he can do an inclusion skating thingie again after the show.

Ticket angst - yup, I have it! I swore I wouldn't and was doing well until the announcement that the Pala presale that may not be a presale but a post sale! I suspect there will be a lot of people who end up with extra tickets. Even though they can't easily be sold because of the will-call thing, if you know someone with extra tickets and its someone you trust, like say someone from your own board, it would be easy enough just to meet up with them at the venue to get the tickets (I'm looking at you, ldyj!)

But it will better once I know I have tickets!

Clay and the skating thing. Hmmm. I like skating and like so many others tend to watch it during the Olympics and and that's it. My only complaint with Clay doing this is the focus tends to be on the skating and I want it to be on Clay!

I'm selfish that way!

ETA:

All pod ful people may want to avoidsome boards - some one wrote a letter to the editor about "Clay being mandated" and now it is being quoted as a news article nd proof. Some people want to believe sooooo much. At least it was removed from CB main thread - I would have jumped onthat sucker so fast.

Please tell me you're joking! Someone wrote a letter about Clay being mandated? See this is where I think his fans are actually capable of hurting his career. First off, he only used that term once, but it makes him sound disgruntled when he very well may not be. It could cause problems with RCA especially if he ever WANTS to negotiate with them on a new contract. It can also make him seem like a complainer and other labels may be more hesitant to want to deal with him.

I wish these fans would stay out of his career and let Clay handle that!

Grrrrrrr.

Edited by Claygasm

All pod ful people may want to avoidsome boards - some one wrote a letter to the editor about "Clay being mandated" and now it is being quoted as a news article nd proof. Some people want to believe sooooo much.

I saw that--it's a letter to the editor for Pete's sake--it's obvious it was written by a fan. Idiots!! :badpc:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the skating show. Every time I see one of those shows I wish Clay were involved in one. I was at the RBC for Skating! Clay! and was stunned. He was quite confident on skates. Play, is this one on youtube?

this may be sacrilege for a Clay fan to say.. but I actually don;t want to see him skating and singing in these shows. Better for him to do what he does best and for these fantastic pros to do what they do best.

I have to agree with ansa here. As much as I loved Skating!Clay! at the RBC Centre (I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched that clack) this is a much different scenario. These types of skating shows tend to be quite classy, and the tickets tend to be quite expensive (which is why I've only ever attended one, when I usually attend most skating shows that are in the Toronto to London area). This goes right along with the more "classy" image they seem to be going for with Clay, IMO, with these orchestra shows.

I think I have seen certain staging where the singer is in the middle of a rink in sort of stage and the skater interacts with them by skating on to the stage. Now other skating fans can correct me but did Kurt do something like this with his wife...who I think is a dancer???or am I thinking of someone else or just dreaming again, where she dances on this stage and he would skate to her and carry her around the ice?

Yes, I remember this too, with Kurt's wife, who is a famous ballerina. But normally, the singer sings on the stage, which is at one end of the ice surface, and the skater skates. Unfortunately for the televised audience, the camera tends to be on the skater more than the singer, since it's the skaters visuals that are complementing the singer's singing. I have always fantasized that Clay would sing while Jeff Buttle (Canadian champ) skated. I can't wait to find out what the pairing will be. I would love to be able to attend this in person. I'll keep my ear to the ground in skating circles and see if I hear anything about tickets.

Unfortunately for the televised audience, the camera tends to be on the skater more than the singer, since it's the skaters visuals that are complementing the singer's singing.

Yeah, but how much ya' wanna' bet that whatever skater is featured for Clay's singing at whatever place at whatever time---the attendance is gonna be record breaking...

AND our trusty Clackgatherers will, as usual, find a way to bring us back the REAL show----constant video of Clay's hawt gorgeousness as the VOX fills the ice rink. :hubbahubba:

Skater?

What skater?