#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

People were so patient with this sale. That's so unlike the Clay Nation! Seems most saw the rows 20 and up and decided to just wait for Monday. Not sure if I am happy or sad that I didn't!

Someone at the OFC had a good point. One reason the ticket sales may be slower is its harder for brokers to get seats to this show because of the will call policy. They usually sweep in at the first second and grab all the good seats!

I read on CV that today the Mann Center presale for members started. They don't even have their whole schedule up yet!

I guess Monday will be the :Tour4: 2-fer!

And NOW someone offers me a job! Sheesh.

Congratulations! Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll work out.

I mean ...if for some miracle the cd starts to sell and even goes platinum...they would actually be upset about that. I still want to hope for the best ...and if Clay mentioning the cd as he promotes the tour would result in an increase in sales...wouldn't that be good??? not according to the poddies cos you know...this CD is dead.

I know. It's a bit disheartening to see how many seem to be actively campaigning for the album's failure, as if the quicker it disappears, the faster the next album will come out. I really don't think it works that way. I do think this tour will be used to help support ATDW in a moderate way. I tend to doubt that concerts are really a driving force behind CD sales, but I do think this can stimulate interest in him among the orchestra crowds.

Pala tickets. I'm still a bit on the fence on this one, but am starting to lean into the idea of going. My only issue would be finding a place to sleep that night. I'm not really surprised that many aren't buying tickets today. The OFC recommendation to wait seemed very compelling, especially if one doesn't have the money to buy multiple sets of tickets.

And yay! for the Houston engagement. Jones Hall is lovely venue. Although I might have wished for a performance at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion (a great outdoor venue), the Houston heat and humidity can make it unpleasant at night. Jones is air-conditioned, and there are some great restaurants nearby. Houston is relatively cheap to get to. Part of me is sad though, because normally, I'd go to this in a flash. I grew up in the Houston area, and it does seem to be the first concert. Alas, my parents (who live in Houston) will be visiting me HERE in LA, so it might be hard for me to explain why I'd abandon them to go back there!

Tsk, tsk Jenna, it's much easier abandoning your parents than you think!

Just tell them you were confused and turned left instead of right and accidentally ended up at their house!

They might have you committed afterward, but hey! Clay's worth it, right?

Oh come to pala too...we can all figure something out about lodgings I'm sure..I don't want to be the shortest in the FCA group....*g* the more the merrier!!! :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

So you are going to be in LA for sure??? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tsk, tsk Jenna, it's much easier abandoning your parents than you think!

Just tell them you were confused and turned left instead of right and accidentally ended up at their house!

They might have you committed afterward, but hey! Clay's worth it, right?

I bow to your reasoning powers!!!!

A comment about the Pala venue for SmartyPantsSuz at CV:

Just got back from Pala. We spent the night there and got in line this morning.

They are only selling rows 20 and higher today. Fan club seats will be closer than that. We got Section B Row 21, center, for now.

We scoped out the venue last night and it is VERY small. We walked around the whole kidney-shaped area in 2 minutes, at a stroll. I'm not sure how they fit 2,500 people in it, but the seating chart shows they do.

Bolding mine. Yeeks, my stomach is churning for you guys, and I'm not even going!

I think Clay need the album to come out to do another Pop tour - so the album is really supporting the tour.

I don't know when the next album comes out, I am still enjoying my JBT album and my ATDW, so I guess it is time to get out MOAM again and prepareto hear a little of that. Imagine 'I survived you' with strings, hmmmm.

I think it is interesting that the album is disappearing from the stores, I think it is getting sold out and not replaces, either because it is not selling well or because it is going to be reissued. I can't imagine whey there are suddenly shelf loads of MOAM appearing in local stores, you would have thought they would have been out there in September with the ATDW release. It would probably be interesting to be a real insider, rather than the many pretend insiders we have now or the expert supposers. Clay seems so busy and so happy, I guess I can just be patient and wait.

I'm tellin' ya', we broke Ticketbastard! It will NOT load for me---hasn't in over 30 mins or more...could somebody try it so I know if it's just me...? :Tour4:

Works for me, muski.

A comment about the Pala venue for SmartyPantsSuz at CV:

Just got back from Pala. We spent the night there and got in line this morning.

They are only selling rows 20 and higher today. Fan club seats will be closer than that. We got Section B Row 21, center, for now.

We scoped out the venue last night and it is VERY small. We walked around the whole kidney-shaped area in 2 minutes, at a stroll. I'm not sure how they fit 2,500 people in it, but the seating chart shows they do.

Bolding mine. Yeeks, my stomach is churning for you guys, and I'm not even going!

Well, my stomach stopped churning for today, but is already churning for Monday. I hope that place in Houston has tons of phone lines! I have a feeling they have no clue what its going to be like!

And then its back to Pala! Guess I won't get any work done then either!

muski, maybe you've been locked out for refreshing too often? :Tour4:

I think Clay need the album to come out to do another Pop tour - so the album is really supporting the tour.

Yeah, I agree with this. And because the album is supporting the tour, the tour can't help but help the album out in sales, IMO. It's like some people want to look at it backwards, saying that even if the tour helps sell albums, it won't help it sell enough to warrant more promotion. But wouldn't more promotion come before we know how many it's going to help sell? And wouldn't that number be dependant on the promotion? ::insert spinning head emoticon::

I guess that's why I tend to leave the marketing/career advice to the "experts", and concentrate on just being a fan. I'm good at that. :lol:

Edited by luckiest1

Oh come to pala too...we can all figure something out about lodgings I'm sure..I don't want to be the shortest in the FCA group....*g* the more the merrier!!! :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

So you are going to be in LA for sure??? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, I'll be in LA. I just got an offer for a hotel room in Pala, so I think I'll probably go to that one, too!

Congrats playbiller on the job, even if the timing SUCKS what with Clay and such. It's gotta feel nice to be needed.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm doing the Texas two-fer!!!!!!! I just bought my flight -- arrive on the 5th of July, come back on the 8th. Arriving in and departing from Houston at Bush International (it was cheaper for me), and then driving to Dallas for that show. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So, is the eHP ready to party with HeidiHo and I on the 5th? And then we'll be meeting up with muski and Claygasm on the 6th! eHP -- suggestions of hotels would be mucho appreciated.

I know. It's a bit disheartening to see how many seem to be actively campaigning for the album's failure, as if the quicker it disappears, the faster the next album will come out. I really don't think it works that way. I do think this tour will be used to help support ATDW in a moderate way. I tend to doubt that concerts are really a driving force behind CD sales, but I do think this can stimulate interest in him among the orchestra crowds.

I agree with this sentiment, on all counts. It really bugs me how many are simply wishing ATDW away, because it doesn't fit into their own "box" (which I don't think they can see, per se). OTOH, I agree here that as much as I'd love for the concerts to stimulate ATDW sales (and I think it will to a point), I think he's going for awareness here. These shows really are a stroke of genius in a way, because of the aspect that so many of the shows are purchased as part of a subscription. Lots of not.just.us people.

And yay! for the Houston engagement. Jones Hall is lovely venue. Although I might have wished for a performance at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion (a great outdoor venue), the Houston heat and humidity can make it unpleasant at night. Jones is air-conditioned, and there are some great restaurants nearby. Houston is relatively cheap to get to. Part of me is sad though, because normally, I'd go to this in a flash. I grew up in the Houston area, and it does seem to be the first concert. Alas, my parents (who live in Houston) will be visiting me HERE in LA, so it might be hard for me to explain why I'd abandon them to go back there!

Oh boo. I would have loved to meet you Jenna.

And I just realized that the two shows I'm attending are NOT outdoor shows. That's actually quite funny to me, because I think seeing Clay outdoors, with the stars shining, would be cool. But at least I'll stay SOMEWHAT cool in air conditioning!

I don't know when the next album comes out, I am still enjoying my JBT album and my ATDW, so I guess it is time to get out MOAM again and prepareto hear a little of that. Imagine 'I survived you' with strings, hmmmm.

I think I mentioned this the other day -- ISY with an orchestra behind it will be freakin' awesome. I seriously hope that this happens.

Speaking of Houston... I saw this at CV:

There is a post at CB regarding the Houston Symphony concert. Hope it is okay to post from CB:

NO TICKET STRESS FOR HOUSTON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see the below email:

Dear ----

Thank you. Yes - the Houston Symphony will be playing along with Clay. It will be awesome experience! No audio visual equipment, cameras or flash photography can be used. Feel free to share my number with your friends.

Gayle McMaster

Professional Preference - Groups Sales Assoc.

The Houston Symphony

713-238-1435

gayle.mcmaster@houstonsymphony.org

www.houstonsymphony.org

Call or e-mail her. She wants your name, address, and phone number and they can put you in their database. I think it will be faster this way.

Her response to me:

E-mail all of your information to go ahead and put you in our data base.

i.e. name, address, phone number etc. That way we have you all set ready

to go in the system. We are not permitted to sell tickets until Monday so

I can't guarantee you an exact seat today but I'm all for planning ahead.

Call me today if you would like.

Not sure I understand this. Does this mean if you call in with all your information they will just go ahead and fill your order without you calling back? Because that would mean you wouldn't know what seats you were getting.

Or does it just mean it makes things easier for them because they don't have to take all your information from you which means they can get through the calls faster?

Anyone??

Also, RE: Philadelphia......

I was, when i joined as a friend, the full concert schedule was made available to purchase the tickets pre-sale. I just spoke to the venue, we won't know our seat assignment until after the OFC pre-sale and the public sale, they fill our orders just before they do the OFC presale and public sale...it was a risk, but i decided it was a risk worth taking...I requested pit and paid for pit, so hopefully that will keep me in the Pit/Orchesra price, as they were the same....

I guess this means joining as a friend means you get better seats than the OFC or the groups or the public?

When did this get so complicated???

No congrats neccessary on the job, I would still have to go in and talk to them and they have not seen me for over 10 years, I don't think they would be so thrilled with the new "old" me and I have worked out my budget just fine to survive without this job. I will leave it to the others who need a job.

Man, I don't see how people can post at the OFC, so hard for me to deal with so much unhappiness and with so many hidden agendas.

Have to talk to DJS this weekend about the Texas Twofer - we may need to try and hitch a ride from someone.

many seem to be actively campaigning for the album's failure, as if the quicker it disappears, the faster the next album will come out.

this reminded me of something....

the faster it can go away,

means the less of me is gone to stay.

Is that right? I'm having a brainfart!

I am soooo excited about this tour!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3:

today when I read the last few pages I had :Tour4:

for a few seconds until I realized that concert is on the other side of the country from me!

Then I relaxed and inhaled!!

So far I think I'm doing Philly (where's the party??)

and the NC two-fer

:TourExcite: :Tour3:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Claygasm, I emailed the lady at Jones Hall in Houston, and just now got a very nice reply from stating that she "would input my information for Monday." So I'd say email to at least get yourself into the system!

:Tour4: :Tour4: :Tour4:

:allgood::allgood::allgood:

Thanks Ansamcw & CouchTomato. I am trying to move past all this ranting. I am better than that. Well, maybe not... Hee! However, as I told a good friend, I am still full of rage, for the damage some of Clay's fans have done to him. I want to just have fun and enjoy him. I'm trying, but sometimes you feel the need to lash out and say I told you so and to say STFU. Even if it does put me on their level somewhat. Hey! Who suggested an "I told you so emoticon?" I would love to have one to use for my avatar. LOL I tend to think of the poddies as drowning rats going down with the ship. Must be right at all costs.

You know what. What a great day to be a Clay fan.

First we find out that Clay has the skating show gig. YAY.

Then a nice article about his tour hits the google alerts. Now, maybe it's just me but I'm just happy somebody wrote a very nice article about Clay. No mention of scandals. No mention of the fans. That alone is enough to celebrate.

You got that right CouchTomato. That was a great article. It gave Clay good props and buzz. To suggest that they got their information from Clay's delusional fans is just plain ludicrous. :Tour3:

Thanks bottlecap for bringing over the new emoticons. THEY.ARE.AWESOME.

I'm so excited about the Houston concert. I might have to think about doing a twofer. Good luck on tickets kandre and muskifest.

Claygasm, you might be on to a good theory about Houston being the 1st city of the tour. :TourExcite:

Kandre wrote:

OH MAH FREAKIN' GARRAH! IT WAS GREAT! IT WAS SUPERB! IT WAS WONDERFUL! CLAY MADE OUT WITH THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE STARTING WITH MOI! HE MIGHT HAVE SUNG SOMETHING BUT I DON'T REMEMBER BECAUSE I'M IN A POST-ORGASMIC FOG!

:cryingwlaughter:

playbiller wrote:

I think it is interesting that the album is disappearing from the stores, I think it is getting sold out and not replaces, either because it is not selling well or because it is going to be reissued. I can't imagine whey there are suddenly shelf loads of MOAM appearing in local stores, you would have thought they would have been out there in September with the ATDW release. It would probably be interesting to be a real insider, rather than the many pretend insiders we have now or the expert supposers.

I think the ATDW cd has only been "pulled" from the Wal-Mart stores. I can find it in all other retail stores in my hometown. I think there is a special deal in the works with Wal-Mart to re-release it around the time his tour starts. I am hoping this is the case, anyway, and they will do something like they did with MOAM, when they added Solitaire to it. Either add a couple of new songs to it, or add IYDKMBN and LAA to it. Just a thought anyway.

I am not going to stress for tickets this time. Yeah, right... :Tour4: I plan to buy my Nokia tickets from the fanclub presale. If I get offered anything in the first 10 rows I will take it. If not, then I will try to get that through the TickeMaster's regular sale. If no luck there, then I will try buying from fans who are updating their tickets. If all else fails, go through a broker. I have my paypal and my credit card info and TicketMaster accounts all updated and ready to go.

Ansamcw, that was a pretty darn good post you had a page or so back. It seems some fans want Clay and his tour and album to fail, just so they can say they were right and to save face. I really no longer consider them fans, to be honest. They really should move on and find someone more to their liking. Let the rest of us enjoy him in peace. The damage is done and it is time for them to take it somewhere else.

I don't think the album has been pulled - It was still selling in my target, but it is there no more They reordered more than once, but it is not there now, not even a slot, but suddenly there are 20 MOAM, where there were always jsut a couple. I haven't asked, but I bet they are still waiting for a reorder. A few other people have mentioned it missing from targets where it was selling well.

How do I know it is selling well - why by checking the CD quantities when I go in the store to buy anything, which is a couple of times a week. There were hundreeds, then there were tens then there were none, then there were 80 then it went down and suddenly lots appeared again, then there were 20, then 10, then 5, then 2 , then none for weeks. Then the MOAMs started to appear, lots and lots of them. It is just odd.

Well, it is also odd that there is no concert announced here, where Clay sells so well!

I just got off the phone with Gayle with the Houston Symphony - oddly enough, she seems to be a little overwhelmed today - and mentioned that she was glad to have someone to talk to from Houston. She also seems to be under the impression that it's gonna be a madhouse come Monday.

I wonder where she got that idea from?

I don't think the album has been pulled - It was still selling in my target, but it is there no more They reordered more than once, but it is not there now, not even a slot, but suddenly there are 20 MOAM, where there were always jsut a couple. I haven't asked, but I bet they are still waiting for a reorder. A few other people have mentioned it missing from targets where it was selling well.

How do I know it is selling well - why by checking the CD quantities when I go in the store to buy anything, which is a couple of times a week. There were hundreeds, then there were tens then there were none, then there were 80 then it went down and suddenly lots appeared again, then there were 20, then 10, then 5, then 2 , then none for weeks. Then the MOAMs started to appear, lots and lots of them. It is just odd.

Well, it is also odd that there is no concert announced here, where Clay sells so well!

You are as bad as me. HaHaHa Checking inventory everywhere. I can only speak about what is happening here. I was in my Target store yesterday and they had 5 MOAM and 3 ATDW. My local Wal-Mart store has always had plenty of ATDW and always treat Clay well, as far as stocking goes. The last 3 weeks they haven't had any and did not reorder any ATDW. They only had 2 MOAM, though, so I am not seeing an increase of stock here for MOAM. Just the same amount as I usualy see. My FYE at the mall still has ATDW and so does Best Buy etc. You could very well be right that they aren't "pulling" them but rather letting them run out. I think I got the pulling references from reading on the boards that a couple of people said they pulled them at Wal-Marts. Of course I know to take that with a grain of salt. LOL I still smell re-release coming. Whether it is exclusive to Wal-Mart or not, it will be a good thing if it happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Off topic but I saw your post in the music forum at OFC. High five. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just got off the phone with Gayle with the Houston Symphony - oddly enough, she seems to be a little overwhelmed today - and mentioned that she was glad to have someone to talk to from Houston. She also seems to be under the impression that it's gonna be a madhouse come Monday.

I wonder where she got that idea from?

:hahaha: :Tour4: from the sellers side....

====================================================

I just checked my Target this evening: a handful of MOAMs in a labeled slot, and no ATDWs or a slot for them. I don't think my Target has had any ATDWs for over a month. I haven't had an online survey attached to my receipt lately, but if I get one, it usually asks if there was something I couldn't find in the store. Why, as a matter of fact, yes there was....

Once again I ask for thread title suggestions...I really would like to reflect all the ticket buying excitement ...

or maybe something from his latest blog...so anymore suggestions aside from the ones ldyjocelyn pulled out..???

here are the ones she suggested...

One is from cha cha trusty:

Praise the Clay and pass the cabernet!!

muski also suggested a good one, coming from the blurb for the San Diego show:

The prodigiously talented song stylist

Claygasm suggested this one from muskifest, but I think it would have to be shortened *g*:

My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands, BLINDingly white-toothed hunka talent and heart and hawtness

So far, that's what I can find to take from this thread....

I will set up the poll for the thread titles later tonight....so there's time to suggest others.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :rainbowsmile: I have a new laptop! :04: :laola0: :me0: :voll: :00000462: :manynanas: :nana: :clap:

Now....if I didn't have to clean up my house tonight to get ready for the ClayBuddy invasion tomorrow, I might be able to write something... :medium-smiley-070: