#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Yay for the weekend and yay for seeing my buds tomorrow.

Yay for the new laptop..speaking of which..hell I think I'm a couple chapters behind. heh.

I tried for 30 minutes to buy tickets this morning but nothing great was coming up. And I"m not even THAT picky. I was mostly getting 22-27th row. Had a 15th row popped up I would have grabbed it. Anyway, Monday is going to be so much FUN.

Going through his blog for thread title suggestions...

How about "Best friends of a pasty white boy." couchie and KAndre will probably vote for that one.

Here's another one: "Anyone got a Stetson or surfboard we could borrow?"

:rainbowsmile:muski got her laptop!! EEEEEE!

Ladies, have a great time tomorrow.

Claygasm, I emailed the lady at Jones Hall in Houston, and just now got a very nice reply from stating that she "would input my information for Monday." So I'd say email to at least get yourself into the system!

:Tour4: :Tour4:

:allgood:

I emailed her too, but she didn't answer me!! Wonder if she got the information??? Or maybe she has just had it with Clay fans!

I wonder where she got that idea from?

Uh.... :unsure: well, I sorta told her in my email that I'm sure she'd find selling tix to a Clay Aiken concert...

an experience. :blush:

:TourExcite:

Um, I kind of said the same thing - twice. Maybe that's why she didn't answer me! Did you get an answer, muski??

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :rainbowsmile: I have a new laptop! :04: :laola0: :

Now....if I didn't have to clean up my house tonight to get ready for the ClayBuddy invasion tomorrow, I might be able to write something...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! <I would put an emotion here, but it seems there are already more than are allowed in this post.... In fact, I had to take some out of the quotes!>

Just saw this at the CH. It was originally found at CV: Head are exploding!

My aunt sent me this...I guess she is on the Houston Symphony email list.

Clay Aiken in concert with the Houston Symphony

Friday, July 6

7:30 PM

On Monday, March 26th, purchase your tickets in advance of the March 28 general public on-sale date.

Tickets from $29

Who can explain why a singer becomes a pop star? Sure, talent and ambition contribute to the rise of many singing sensations, but skill and drive alone do not guarantee a berth at the top of the charts. Ultimately, it is an almost inexplicable reaction between a singer and his or her audience that creates a superstar career, sparking the kind of fanatic devotion that propels a performer into the pop stratosphere.

Such was the explosive reaction when Clay Aiken burst onto the music scene. An unlikely pop star, Aiken has remained steadfast in his desire to remain true to the simple values he learned as a child in Raleigh, North Carolina. "I still live in the town where I grew up," he says. "I like surrounding myself with people I know and love." It is this authenticity that his millions of fans have responded to, an almost supernatural earnestness that feels unconventional in the cynical world of today.

Clay will be performing hits such as I Want To Know What Love Is, For Once In My Life, Moon River, Bridge Over Troubled Water and Measure Of A Man.

Tickets can be purchased starting at 10am, Monday, March 26:

(713) 224-7575 or online at www.houstonsymphony.org

Performance will take place in Jones Hall, 615 Louisiana

My head is not exploding but "Moon River"??? Do you think he's channeling Andy Williams??

And as much as I love hearing him sing BOTW, I am getting tired of it. I know its only a few songs, but I wonder how accurate it is??

ETA: The password is up at the OFC for the Houston and Pala concerts. I thin Clay has a favorite TV show! Hee!

Edited by Claygasm

Hee thats quite a list...So theres ATDW song, MOAM, his signature song and old standards. I always wanted to hear his Moon river...and For once in my Life...hmmmm

what no rocking originals...hee

Ha...that's too funny. I really don't want to hear For Once in My Life or Moon River but knowing Clay he'll have me singing it along with him and putting it on my ipod. When I said that boy was born in the wrong time I truly meant it. But I actually won't believe any song list until opening night but this should make things pop for awhile. You don't want to hear ATDW songs..well how about songs from the 40s. Opening night is going to be interesting. .

Hey! Maybe this will discourage people from planning to go and we can all get better seats!!

:allgood: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

I have to say I really, really, really want to hear him sing LAA. Maybe we should start a petition over at the OFC?

OT - Is it a bad thing when one of your legs feels like is falling asleep - you know, all pins and needles??

Edited by Claygasm

Claygasm...is it just the position of your feet...try raising it...

yeah that is not the set list...lots of possiblities but it seems like he is adding covers and from different era's...

Not worried...I think this will be great....

thats whats great having no real expectations...I can celebrate anything...

I hope he has some cole porter...hee

Claygasm...is it just the position of your feet...try raising it...

Actually, its been like that most of the day. It actually happens from time to time and I haven't died yet!

yeah that is not the set list...lots of possiblities but it seems like he is adding covers and from different era's...

Not worried...I think this will be great....

thats whats great having no real expectations...I can celebrate anything...

I hope he has some cole porter...hee

I think they just picked songs that were familiar to their subscribers. He is well known for BOTW. MOAM was the title track of his first album and the others are well known songs. If they had listed LAA or LNM, unless people had his album they wouldn't know what those were.

Didn't Clay mention how he wanted to sing "Moon River" way back in that Primetime interview with Diane Sawyer? I think he LIKES songs like that. I think, as he has said over and over, he likes singer's songs. He is an old soul and he likes the classics.

Doesn't mean he doesn't like "rocking" out from time to time but I think HE wants to set a mood with these concerts under the stars with symphony orchestras. I would bet dollars to donuts this "theme" was his idea. Not Clive's. Not RCA's. His. He likes these kind of songs! Plain and simple.

They are not the only kind of songs he likes, but he does like them!

Ha...that's too funny. I really don't want to hear For Once in My Life or Moon River but knowing Clay he'll have me singing it along with him and putting it on my ipod. When I said that boy was born in the wrong time I truly meant it. But I actually won't believe any song list until opening night but this should make things pop for awhile. You don't want to hear ATDW songs..well how about songs from the 40s. Opening night is going to be interesting. .

Yes, I agree with you that the man seems to be an "old soul." (I think that's diva's line..) He's said time and time again that he likes to sing songs with good melodies. Well, Moon River certainly qualifies to that definition for me. Are there "rock" songs that fit that definition too? Sure...but not this time, it sounds like to me.

Hey! Maybe this will discourage people from planning to go and we can all get better seats!!

:allgood: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

I'd love for this, but sadly, I think that is not to be. I think there are plenty of people who are buying up tickets to as many shows as they can, and with certain expectations. If those expectations are not met -- they'll still go to the shows, but they'll also piss and moan a lot too. Unfortunately, as Jenna said the other day, the addiction to Clay Aiken is just too strong for some people.

Off to bed. Visit with Mom tomorrow and then I get to have an early dinner with atinal! EEEEEEEEEEE!

ETA: Claygasm, your post immediately above this one of mine :clap::bravo:

I think they just picked songs that were familiar to their subscribers. He is well known for BOTW. MOAM was the title track of his first album and the others are well known songs. If they had listed LAA or LNM, unless people had his album they wouldn't know what those were.

Didn't Clay mention how he wanted to sing "Moon River" way back in that Primetime interview with Diane Sawyer? I think he LIKES songs like that. I think, as he has said over and over, he likes singer's songs. He is an old soul and he likes the classics.

Doesn't mean he doesn't like "rocking" out from time to time but I think HE wants to set a mood with these concerts under the stars with symphony orchestras. I would bet dollars to donuts this "theme" was his idea. Not Clive's. Not RCA's. His. He likes these kind of songs! Plain and simple.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I am having fun watching the heads explode!

:TourExcite: :Tour3:

Yep, I think Clay really does like songs like that...and as long as he sings them well, I'm cool with it!

I will say, if I see any form of the goddam word "mandate" one more time, I think I will puke. Clay said the word a grand total of TWICE. It is neither his nor fuckin' Clive Davis' middle name. Improve your freakin' vocabulary, people! Clay manages to talk about his fuckin' CD using other words, LOTS of other words; try is for yourself, you might frickin' like it. Take a chance, use a goddam difference word!

Feh.

Yep, I think Clay really does like songs like that...and as long as he sings them well, I'm cool with it!

Wait a minute..Moon River...Moon River... didn't Clay sing a peice of this way back on something or other..and the fandom was begging to hear all of it. So at least this song will make folks happy, if it's true.

Jenna...looking forward to meeting you at the concerts!!

Exactly...I mean just a few years ago lots of people are saying they want to hear him sing moon river...but now they no longer want to hear it...why??? because it tells them that he may not be the rockstar they want him to be.

You are rigth claygasm...I doubt this is all slow songs...I bet he will have mixed tempo cos he likes that. I mean he kept I want to know what love is...it is one of the more rock like production in ATDW. So I bet it will still be very exciting.

I just say...people should keep their minds open. If they go in expecting not to enjoy something...they probably won't.

Oh, couchie that was then, this is now....don't you realize something about him releasing cover songs has fucked up his voice and now he will sound like shit singing "Moon River"?

What?

That's not true?

Then what the hell are they bitching about?

Oh, couchie that was then, this is now....don't you realize something about him releasing cover songs has fucked up his voice and now he will sound like shit singing "Moon River"?

What?

That's not true?

they are bitching cos Clay is not listening to them...this is supposed to be the time he itnroduces all his rocking originals...he is not sticking ot their program!!!

and they hate the idea that they cannot pretend to be a young kid falling for a rockstar if he does not sing rock songs. These are songs for grandmas...sigh..ageism is alive and well..

Hee, well I also remember taht Nigel always wanted Clay to sing Moon River and Clay refused on AI (stubborn vegetarian!) - also it was one of the four songs in the bowl. Not one oaf my faorites, but Clay has a way of spinning my head around so I like things I would not think I would like.

I will say, if I see any form of the goddam word "mandate" one more time, I think I will puke. Clay said the word a grand total of TWICE. It is neither his nor fuckin' Clive Davis' middle name. Improve your freakin' vocabulary, people! Clay manages to talk about his fuckin' CD using other words, LOTS of other words; try is for yourself, you might frickin' like it. Take a chance, use a goddam difference word!

Feh.

OMG! I bow down to you, Oh Great One! I have been gritting my teeth over the constant use of this word ever since he first uttered it!!! I bet he's really sorry he ever did!

What?

That's not true?

they are bitching cos Clay is not listening to them...this is supposed to be the time he itnroduces all his rocking originals...he is not sticking ot their program!!!

and they hate the idea that they cannot pretend to be a young kid falling for a rockstar if he does not sing rock songs. These are songs for grandmas...sigh..ageism is alive and well..

I bow down to you too, Ansa! He is not following THEIR agenda! How dare he!

Of course now they have decided the "Moon River" songs will be the first part of the concert and he'll perform his rocking original songs during the second half!

ETA: According to Wikepedia, the likes of R.E.M. and Morrissey have recorded "Moon River"!

Subsequently, it was released by South African singer Danny Williams, who got a number one hit on the UK charts. Shortly thereafter, Andy Williams (no relation) famously recorded the song, and made it his theme song. Jerry Butler recorded the song, which became a hit in the US in 1961. Many other artists have also covered the song, including Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Louis Armstrong, Paul Anka, Sarah Vaughan, Sarah Brightman, Billy Eckstine, Liz Callaway, Westlife, The Afghan Whigs, Morrissey, R.E.M., Judy Garland, Patsy Ann Noble, Victoria Williams, Barbra Streisand, Bradley Joseph, The Innocence Mission, Ania D?browska, James Last and Andrea Ross.

Wikepedia - Moon River

Edited by Claygasm

Feh.

DAYUM...

KAndre's all hawt and sexy when she cusses. :hubbahubba:

Edited by muskifest

I decided to go over to see who else has done Moon River.

Listen to this version from Anwar Robinson from AI4! I could see Clay jazzing it up like this!

Anwar Robinson "Moon RIver"

Then there is Morrissey's version. I don't think there are a lot of grannies in his audience!

Morrissey - "Moon River"

And here is a rock guitar version of it!

And I found these of R.E.M. singing it. And you know they have a reputation for singing to the grannies! The first one is in concert along with "Pretty Persuasion":

R.E.M. in concert

And the second one is their recorded version used in a scene from "Breakfast at Tiffany's":

R.E.M. Recorded

Now, if "Moon River" isn't too old man stodgy for Morrissey and R.E.M., why is it too old man stodgy for Clay???