#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Wow, last night's cellcert was a lot of fun. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock and it was almost midnight.

Clay seems to be back in his element, and I hope he has a fantastic time on this tour. He certainly deserves it after the not-so-great year he has had. The CV cellcerter kept saying how happy Clay looked, and how he absolutely glowed. I hope he really felt the love being beamed back at him from the audience - both from those who were there in person, and those of us who were listening but were there in spirit.

Ansa, thanks for posting the pictures in the concert thread. I can't believe that there is a venue that still relies on microphones with a cord instead of having wireless mics. I have jojoct's videos downloading now, so I'll be interested in seeing how he handles the cord while moving around.

Lurved the suit - it's very cool. I'm glad to see the eyebrows are back under control after the DOOL debacle. And don't lecture me, because I'm just being honest when I say I don't like last night's hair. I don't get what they were trying to achieve with that particular look, which I found to be unflattering based on the pictures I've seen. :unsure: Ah, well, Clay's hair is like the weather - subject to frequent changes.

Good thoughts to today's travellers - I hope road conditions have improved.

Ahhh, I was a naughty Clay fan - instead of playing on the boards, I took my BIL to dinner before he returns to California and then we went out dancing. Go back in at 2 am. Ran to the computer, and to the wild laughter of the BIL, immediately started downloading clack. Glanced at the concert thread here, and smiled. Looked at bitching beginning elsewhere, and came back here.

OK, I'm gonna watch jojo's clips in order and post my impressions in the concert thread!

Also, I freakin' LOVED that radio interview! Feh to Hicks! I can't help it, Clay's public pronouncements are so like what I think...hell, especially for Hicks, I didn't see him setting the world on fire before AI (and frankly if he disappeared tomorrow, I wouldn't notice) - not having a career is limiting too.

I love Clay!

Hee...I have to admit...the hair takes some getting used to. I said as much about the longer layered look and I ended up loving it. I think this is easy to fix though, if they find they didn't like it. I am wondering if Jamie was feeling a bit brave and wanted to try something new.

Ya know...I couldn't be prouder of Clay last night. He was clearly a bit nervous and not 100% vocally (but soooo much better than two weeks ago) but he gave that audience 110% percent. His banter was just so good and his singing was so much more nuanced than before that the bauble in the end was certainly forgivable. I think he would just do a bit of adjustment for tonight and it will be better.

I did feel bad for him...cos he tried so much in the end...but sometimes the instrument can't give anymore. I wouldn't blame him if he switches up his encore for tonight...I also think if he adds some melisma it will make it easier on his chords...its sustaining that high note at that strength that was pretty tough specially when you come in doing it after the challenging set he just did.

I can't wait to see whats in store for tonight. I just hope he was able to shrug off that last note and concentrate on how fantastic the rest of the show was.

off to download some banter.

Hey! HeidiHo and I are in the room! Heidi is setting up the DVD player while I'm on the web. We're waiting for luckiest1 and crew.

I definitely made the right decision yesterday in not coming. The two lane road I have to travel to get to the interstate was still snow covered, for the most part. I can't imagine what it was like yesterday.

OTOH, as I was taking the exit to get the the hotel, there, in a big, big screen -- CLAY AIKEN, DECEMBER 2! With the picture from the venue website, the one where he's sitting, the tie loosened, and a killer smile. I almost drove off the road when I saw it! It was definitely thrilling.

More later when we get settled.

Wait! lydjocelyn! What picture...of him...sittinng...with tie loosened....gah....which picture What picture? :blink:

Just watched and listened to two songs from last night---Emmanuel and AIW.

First, AIW. I love this man. He was so focused, so WANTING to do well. And he DID. The beginning low notes were truly heavenly. His belief in the lyrics echoed louder than the notes, in my opinion. The last two sustained warbly notes hurt me, only because they sounded like they physically hurt him. I actually was shocked when he came back for that last AIW after the first heart and throat-breaking note. He's amazing. And his reaction and how he dealt with it all at the end of the song...

He's such a man. So grown up. So wonderful.

Emmanuel. To my eye he seemed a bit afraid...as if he knew he would struggle. It's really the first time I recall hearing him fight to stay on pitch--not just with a sustained note but going to and from it. When did he start just holding a note so lonng without vibrato? I know I reacted to that when I heard the studio version of this song. I wouldn't be surprised if he settles back into last year's concert delivery of this one, instead of the studio version.

I can't wait for MY concert! This concert last night reminds me of the first JNT..Costa Mesa was the first and he struggled vocally...then he came to San Jose. Whoa, Mama! He KILLED that night! Remember, couchie? Isn't that the first time we met in person? OMG. THat was two years ago! :o

strummer I LOVED that Bono/RS interview info! So, so true. Anyone going to a live concert and expecting to have the CD version completely duplicated is setting herself up for disillusionment. If I just wanted to hear that, I wouldn't need to travel and spend the money to go to concerts, now would I? ;)

Wait! lydjocelyn! What picture...of him...sittinng...with tie loosened....gah....which picture What picture? :blink:

ldn't need to travel and spend the money to go to concerts, now would I? ;)

I believe she means this picture, Muski.....

photo-clayaiken-2.jpg

Wait, why is my screen so smudgey all of a sudden?

Oh, right, licking the pretty, pretty picture on the screen will do that. :wub:

Excuse me while I go off and weep quietly in the corner over the loss of the beautiful bangs... :em0900:

ldyjocelyn and company - Toss a few EEEEEEEEE's! at the Aiken from me, would ya? Glad you got there safely and I'm looking forward to the recaps.

Edited by bottlecap

Yep, I'm missing the bangs these days, too, bottle...but I believe my favorite hair so far is the Tyra show hair. Scrumptious....a nice mix of bangs and side-swept softness. Actually, I think a big part of why it looks so good is the part (heh)...it's parted on the opposite side to his cowlick up front. Last night it was parting along that side and for some reason, just isn't as flattering to his face, IMO.

I wouldn't kick him out of my bed, mind you, if he kept it parted this way...I'd have fun, as a matter of fact, moving it over... B)

ETA: Just watched DSIAFCD...I LOVE IT! Yeah, he resorted to screaming a bit there near the end and holding those notes without vibrato...but dang! He LOVES this song and the end really was wonderful. He smiles and just goes on....

sigh.

So...I'm ready for concert #2...bring it! :00000442:

Edited by muskifest

I'm like Clay ...faster, slower...when it comes to hair, it's long, short, spikey. I can't tell the difference between Tyra, unicef, last night. I think I'll have drool over some photos for awhile and maybe I'll get a clue. Speaking of drooling..does anyone have a link to all the great Unicef ones...those were gorgeous. Or what day was that..I'll go back and check.

OMG, that's a funny picture of Clay! What a cute man!

Just over 2 hours, and I'm getting to see Clay!!!!!! So is HeidiHo and luckiest1. Cannot wait!

I'm so excited I could jump out of my skin right now!

Edited to add that atinal and her friend are here too, and just down the hall from HeidiHo and I. She's so very excited to be here too, and we're going to work on having them party with us later.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lade J and friends, ya'll be careful tonight and HAVE A GOOD TIME. Be on ass alert for all of us.

Just downloaded last night video. Thanks Jojo and Scarlett. Wonderful job once again. Was Clay on fire or what. He just had me cackling like a banty hen in my room. He is soooooo funny......I don't think he realizes how funny he is, or if he is just being very wicked and working us like the puppet master that he is. Just lurve that man. I really liked his hair last night. I like it longer instead of the spikiness that was the first incarnation of the man (from AI2).

Damn that man is sexy as hell (even if he does not know it).

Wish I could go to a concert down here, but alas I can't so I will have to do with clack watch.

And Bottle, I hate to tell you girl, but I am wearing short sleeves today and using the AC in my car (LOL). Don't be a hater girl!!! Love ya.

Have a good night. Talk to you tomorrow.

G