Fingers crossed for a date near me!

40 minutes ago, beanerknits said:

In case anyone has not seen this on the various social media platforms:

https://abcnews.go.com/theview/video/clay-aiken-ruben-studdard-perform-8th-day-12-95086008

The Ruben/Clay portion from this morning. Don't know how long ABC allows this link to stay.

Also Youtube

• Like 1

Question:  So the last time Clay was on tour, we started a whole separate section for the tour, listing each date, ticket information and reports.  However, a ton of time has past since that time, and we've lost a LOT of members.

Should I still do that, or should we just continue on and put all the information on our main thread?  

Going to talk to my traveling friend today to see what she would like to drive to.  I really can not go the third week in May and those are places we have driven to before.  The night of Carmel, Indiana I have my awards dinner and ceremony for work.  I have my 50 year award so I really need to show up.  On Saturday that same week I have a banquet for ski patrol.  I could skip that if I had nothing to do for it but my DH is in charge and I have to help with everything.  I do not think he would appreciate it if I left him doing everything.  So right now I am thinking of Newark, Ohio.  From here it is a 4 hours drive.  A little shorter then the others.  We also could go to Canada but the drive is longer.  Maybe up to 6 hours.  Have to see what she thinks since she will be driving.  Newark goes on sale on Monday.  Any other year I would not have any interference.  

My husband and I just got back from 3 pm church.  The handbell choir I conducted played for the service.  We are now at home, waiting for "A Christmas Story" to start, and we'll have hot cocoa!

Right now, the temperature is 10 degrees, and that's actually quite balmy compared to yesterday at this time.  I think the high temperature yesterday was one degree!

I hope everyone here has a very Merry Christmas!

It is cold here.  Finally up to 11 degrees.  We went to church at 3pm yesterday then out for Chinese dinner.  My oldest son and girlfriend came and picked us out.  We had gotten about 4 inches of snow and the roads were horrible.  Glad to get home and watched Die Hard(yes it is a Christmas movie) and then DH went to bed and I finished my book (was reading 12 days of Christmas by Patterson) and then went to bed.  Today oldest son, x wife, and two of my grandchildren coming around noon for lunch. My son and his x continue to be on good terms and do not pit against each other for the kids.  My son always says the love is there they just can not live together. 

• Like 1

I'm ok thanks. My husband needs a lot of help lately. What the heck, I do too. I got to the last gala , as I believe, I posted here but try not to drive as much. Although I haven't bought a ticket yet, will try to get to the tour near Raleigh. Not eager to drive to Charlotte so will probably miss that one. 

Glad to see you all still here. I'll try and do better.

• Like 1

Good to hear from you Fear.  I knew your husband wasn't doing so hot, but know that I've been worried about you.

One of my friends got tickets for me and her to the Waukegan show -- row L.  Not particularly close, but you know, I'm OK, with that!  I've been fortunate to see Clay up-close and personal several times, and I'm happy to just be in the room!  (OTOH, for the Bloomington, Illinois show...I'll try to be as close as possible, even if my husband is like "AAAAAGH!").

And the show is over.  For some reason, it was only 46 minutes in length, they skipped several commercial breaks.  Weird.

Spoiler: 

Clay helped the contestant win $20,000!

• Like 1

Now that I've had some time to marinate after watching the show:

• I think I would actually enjoy this show, even if Clay wasn't on it.  Having said that, I also think it would really depend on the celebrities that they have each time.  With Clay's episode, I only knew Clay, Chrissy Metz, and Loni Love (who I LOVE).  I think with the right mix of celebrities, it would truly be fun.
  • I also didn't find the whole premise of the show that confusing.  I've read that others did find it confusing, I'm just not one of them.
  • Regarding Clay:  I'm THRILLED that he was the "smartest man in the room."  I'm sure there had to be some people watching going "Clay Aiken as an expert on Presidents?!?!?!?!" But then he showed them.  I'm also very happy that the final contestant picked him for the final question and that she won!