Baltimore, MD: Lyric Opera House,

Ansamcw

Thanks for Heads Up for tonights Big Show....wish I was going to be a lucky one

attending the event, but since I am not, I will surely be watching for all the talented

and sharing fans who will be there and sending us the wonderful Clay performance

as it happens. Hugs to All who make it happen...

God Bless Clay and keeping fingers, eyes, feet etc. that he makes the notes again tonight.

Hugs to all,

sweetT4clay (bjm14kgold)

Waves to playbiller, so she doesn't feel neglected here at FCA. Hey, we had a connection - I had a bagel from Panera's today. Not the same Panera's as your pre-party in NJ, but still... :P

Anyway, it looks like the Lyric Opera House is another one of those historic venues that has been refurbished. It seats 2564,

The CV cellcerter says the venue is considerably bigger than NJ (last night) and the stage is much bigger. The acoustics are supposed to be fabulous in the venue, as it is an opera house. There is a Christmas tree on each end of the stage. There appear to be lighting effects playing on the back of the stage - like star designs and whatnot.

The conductor was gratitiously mentioning Clay's name to get a reaction from the audience. Do you think these guys talk to each other, and now know what to expect? :P

Starting with selections from The Nutcracker. The sound quality seems to be pretty good so far, although the conductor's speech sounded a little garbled.

A little Vivaldi now - from The Four Seasons.

It's an interesting contrast to some of the other orchestras that we've heard so far - this is definitely a more classical program than the Jingle Bells / Stars and Stripes mash-up that the Merrillville group (I think?) played earlier this week.

Quite a lovely version of "What Child is This" with what sounds like a harp. I think this might be the final selection. Again, I couldn't decipher much of what the conductor was saying, so I hope Clay comes through better.

I wonder if the conductor is miced differently...

Oops, another selection. A nice slow. jazzy version of "Christmastime is Here" from the Peanuts Christmas special. I'm very impressed with this orchestra - they sound great.

The brass section playing "Silver Bells" - another very jazzed-tinged version.

What sounds like a sax playing "America the Beautiful".

Edited by bottlecap

Hi, guys...I know I said I wouldn't be joining you for the cellcert tonight and I won't but I popped in quickly and jus wanted to tell you that last year I saw JNT05 at the Lyric in Baltimore. It's absolutely beautiful! And I can believe all the talk about the acoustics and staging and professionalism of hte orchestra, etc. It's a very, very classy joint.

Enjoy!

The CV cellcerter thought the venue was fairly full, although she didn't estimate numbers.

No noticeable security or signs about cameras, so cross your fingers for Clack.

The orchestra is back in place...

Screams for Jesse - who is right in the center of the stage. Huge Screams for Clay.

Right into the Christmas Waltz.

Dark suit, eggplant colored shirt and coordinated tie.

Edited by bottlecap

I think he is telling some new stories...here...

not working very well at first

Awww thanks I knew there was a broken bus and music...that makes sense now...

Just said a Ripa joke...

I think he gave it a new twist huge applause after...