Baltimore, MD: Lyric Opera House,

Ansamcw

CG...wasn't it there at Baltimore that the local fans were so 'organized'? Like walking up and down the aisles with something---was it tape for flashes? Just seems that I got the feeling that these particular group of fans was...er... :unsure: ...quite...er...enthusiastic... :ph34r:

OMG!! I had forgotten about that, but yes it was! And there were the ones sitting behind us that were talking the entire time about when they had seen the show in such and such a place, etc.

They WERE annoying!

I attended the concert last night and Clay was really on!!!

I had 3rd Row seats near the outside aisle.

He covered all of the stage quiet well and was very talkative.

The venue is beautiful...have seen many productions there..acoustics are superb. Probaly 85% full.

The conductor was very low keyed and and would forget to turn his mic on . He is an African American. The Baltimore Sun did an article several weeks ago and his accomplishments were very impressive.

I did not hear any complaints about the lenght of time they played. They did 2 songs from Charlie Brown Christmas...at the end of one song we could hear a dog bark...Clay had both dogs with him and they were backstage. Greensleeves was indeed played and was beautiful. America the Beautiful closed out their program.

Members of the orchastra seemed to be enjoying the program and Clay's banter. He gave them kudos several times.

The lady refered to as what a voice was in the balcony and yes she could be heard without a mic.

The gal whose phone he took was in my row and she was talking to a girl friend named Frankie. He took her phone and said hello Frankie..this is Clay Aiken.....then the teasing about the $300.00 ticket price someone had paid...

About the baby tabloid...he commented I'm going to tell you now so you don't waste your money at the store...

The only rudeness I saw and it is at every concert and location is when he goes to those glory notes and people start screaming before he is finished. That I could do without.

Even tho there wasn't a bus afterwards Clay did shake hands. Jerome lined up the group against the wall of the lyric.

I had 2 friends who were there and they said his hands felt warm. My DH and I had gone to our car. He is having pain from a herniated disc so the waiting around in the cold would have been too much.

Clay has mentioned everytime he does a concert how much he loves Baltimore and last night was no exception.

Remember when making a remark against an audience you have people from other states and cultures mixed in with the locals.......

Edited by clay4shore

Certainly but please correct my spelling.....:0)

I guess my comments were to emphasize the concert was wonderful...Clay was wonderful..

Fan behaviour is subjective...what would bother me may not bother anyone else. But I see no reason to lump the fans into one local group statement.

I have no idea where the lady with the loud voice is from.

I don't call those fans overly enthusiastic. I call those fans "target practice with my Red Ryder gun."

:ph34r:

BWAH...Clay wanted to send them out to the hall...

he said if this was my classroom you would be out in the hall now...hee

Clay only made that comment in regard to the lady with the loud voice.....it was not directed toward everyone. She kept inturupting him.

Clay4shore...do you know the name of the orchestra last night?

thanks...

and yeah...for sure, it is just a few rude fans in the audience...Definitely didn;t mean to say it is everyone. I guess that is why these few stand out so much...

Clay4shore...do you know the name of the orchestra last night?

thanks...

and yeah...for sure, it is just a few rude fans in the audience...Definitely didn;t mean to say it is everyone. I guess that is why these few stand out so much...

They were members of the Baltimore Symphony (sp).

They also traveled to Norfolk for tonight's concert....