Easton, PA...State Theater of the Arts

Ansamcw

The venue holds around 1,500.

Per the CV cellcerter, the orchestra members are all dressed in black, but are casual - in slacks and sweaters. She says many of the musicians look very young - twenty-ish.

The theater is packed - many are patrons of the venue - 25% or so are men. 1928 vintage theater. "All silver hairs in the first row" - must be season ticketholders - very close to the stage.

The venue staff says Clay is such a delight - what a gentleman - very nice young man.

Clay is allowing pictures without flash. Clay asks that if you see photographers using their flash that you pounce on them. (Yeap, that's what the announcer said. Bwah!)

OKAY...checking in here to say that this schmoopie crap is getting out of hand. I just watched jojoct's DSIAFCD from Williamsport...the look on his face right before he drops his mic down...

Pure...

LOVE....

It's as if he turned, saw the faces of the audience---their love and appreciation of his voice and of him---and was simply overwhelmed...by...I don't know...by the

simple truth of it all.

Then...the visit to the school, the pictures, his words to the kids about being classy, sending them back to school in limos...

All these wonderful quotes from people new to the Clay experience---not saying anything we didn't already know, but just the terrific fact that NEW fans are saying them...

Damn it. I'm sitting here in a stupid hotel room all by myself with a glass of wine and wiping freakin' schmoopie tears away...

How...silly is that? :blink:

Another story from the venue staff: Clay was asking where to go to eat around the venue - there were three younger female staff members there - so he said he'd go with them, but they freaked out at the prospect (in a good way :lol: .) Apparently, they ended up having food catered in.

Some generic holiday medleys in this section of the program. The reception is kinda sucky, so it's had to tell how they really sound.

muski, schmoop away. Clay is sooo worth it.

How young was 'younger' re: staff members who wouldn't go eat with him?

Lord! What ditzy broads...Here's a question for you..

"How fast would muski have said "YES!", had Mr. Aiken said the same thing to HER instead of these younger ditzy broads? :glare:

Of course, it's probably for the best that I wasn't there. He might never have made it back to the concert venue to perform....

for the rest of you....

B)

AWWWW we are all schmoopie

I bet Clay was just teasing them but I would've said...YEah sure!!!!

From CB:

very loud in the venue..orchestra warming up all casual dressed..no tux..avg. .age think she said was around 20 something..

trying to work out the phone switching back and forth..crowd packed.. absolutely packed..lot of patrons and at least a quarter is men..all looking at the program trying to figure it out.. built 1926 completely restored absolutely lovely.. havent found anyone from the board so far..

front row is 3 feet from the stage..one women met him and he was looking for a place to eat.. there was 3 girls standing there and he said I will just go with them.. they freaked..they ended up bring food in .. they said he was an absolute delight.. a very very very nice young man...

the nutcrackers are coming out now.. they are ready to start..bill orilly is on the screen right now talking.... YOW...

venue beautifully decorated .. very green and christmassy..orcherstra firing up...hard to hear .. turn off all cell phones and all other electronic devices..huge screams.. huge..announcer talking about Clay Aiken. she has a request from Clay.. you can photograph WITHOUT FLASH..

ANNOUNCED PICTURES OK, BUT NO FLASH!

From CB:

dressed in black confirmed.. glasses.they keep changing the glasses thing..lol.lots of yelling.. he is really hard to hear..bad reception..time of year.. now dead silence.. back now..merry christmas .. may your christmas dreams come true.. 3.4 time....

lots of screaming and applause..think he shocked everyone just appeared.. heard no announcment of his at all.. now TFN

OKAY...checking in here to say that this schmoopie crap is getting out of hand. I just watched jojoct's DSIAFCD from Williamsport...the look on his face right before he drops his mic down...

Pure...

LOVE....

It's as if he turned, saw the faces of the audience---their love and appreciation of his voice and of him---and was simply overwhelmed...by...I don't know...by the

simple truth of it all.

Ok, Muski. I'll com clean. See, he actually caught sight of me. Sure, I was 18 rows back, but I was on the aisle and you know, sometimes you just catch sight of someone and well, he caught sight of me and well, you saw the rest. ;)<delusion over>

All I hear is lots of screaming!

Then laughing.

Then more laughing.

I think I can hear Clay talking.....

Edited by Claygasm

From CB:

TALKING ABOUT FORGETTING THE WORDS TO MDYK IN NORFOLK...OOPS...."I'LL ASK THE QUESTION AND YOU ANSWER"...MAJOR LAUGHING!!!!

Talking already.. laughter.. cant hear a thing..but we all know he is good.. lots of laughing and screaming..that is coming in loud and clear..huge..just huge..think he said I need the energy..someone talking to him now..crowd goes nut.//why don;'t I put the mic down and you guys do all the talking...laughter..talking to someone again.. two night ago at a show thought I would make fun of her.. now talking to a man you play what ever you want to sir..christmas show if I hit christmas, misletoe..etc..I am ok.talking about frogeting the words in Norfork Va..really bad.. then talking again.. lets just have a fun secstion..talking to raymond?//been four time.. he is shocked..where are you from raymond.. how did you get into this little peanut gallery up here..she dragged you to concerts..are you all together.. all in this section.happy birthday...someone from NC...

talking about mcwl.. this is for yeah..he is singing now.. Pam trying to confirm on the glasses..

Well, it was almost physically painful for me to do it, but I just had to shut off the cellstream that was more staic than music. :( I'm going to watch some of the Clack I've been frantically downloading for the last three days. I'll check back in to read the recaps...

From CB:

just announced Jessie on the piano.. lots of applause for him.. singing again..build a snowman...pretty quiet right now .. all I can hear is Clay..now laughter.. he did something funny yet again..somebody took a picture and he waited for it..talking now..talking about CLACK.. save all the pictures..dont be ashamed they wont see yeah..laughter..talking I think about football hair..you ever been to a show sir..read your program listen to the radio.. he said something again..wild crowd...he got flowers talking to the girl who sent them..did they come from you yeah she said..

TCS...

It sounds like he might have some new schtick...or just having fun with the regular patrons of the orchestra.

From CB:

first section lets see 8 .. think men.. talking to one now..man said something didn't catch it.. but had to be good..spotted someone not far away.. giving them heck for something..think bino...someone has come to 20 shows..lots of screaming..I think our certed has thudded out.. he is pulling something major.. huge huge reaction.. thought I heard him singing to someone.. they are going wild..really crazy..

...SOMETHING HILARIOUS JUST BEFORE CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE....THE CROWD IS CRACKING UP!

UM...HE STARTED ROASTING THOSE DANG NUTS AGAIN AND THE PLACE EXPLODED IN RIOTOUS LAUGHTER...WONDER WHAT FACIAL ex-pression OR HAND GESTURE BABY MADE?!?!?!?!?

TCS.. definately singing to someone..cutting in an out..crows have simmered down a bit..not so much noise..he sure knows how to light a fire but can't seem to put it out..

I'm not even going to try to listen tonight...just gonna read the commentary...it's hilarious!

For example, from pax at CH:

he is pulling something major.. huge huge reaction

Ok...go ahead and tell me that YOU didn't read that as:

"he is pulling something major...huge huge erection"

Go ahead....

Tell me. B)

A possible antidote to schmoopie? :P Dorkus Extremous.

WilkesBarreBus.jpg

Nice disguise, dude! :lol: Clay and his posse make their way from the bus to the venue for afternoon rehearsal in Wilkes Barre. Taken by njrp4clay from CV.

Yeah, no one would recognize him in a Carolina sweatshirt and a bucket hat! :lol:

What is he saying? I can't understand him on the CV cellcert yet they "DJ" said "He's so smutty!"

What smutty thing did he say tonight???

Smutty minds want to know!

From CB:

they loved it.. great response..talking now.. some laughter..someone talking to him now.. he heard that..cant make out much..he is doing something..you guys ok..or what.. someone yelled about grandma...lots of ohhhhhs.. someone in the back is kinda sensitive..is that funny to you..Jody is ..they clapped ..and you dont even know what I was gonna say..think he said was in choir with him back in NC..cousin thing..could be chelby..not sure.. said Ill do the show you just watch it..really fornuate and lucky they are here with me.. looking for a fancy itlian work..fancy words likd percillo..etc..word of the night..if you been before jamie..does the work..ELSPONDO..RESPONDO HECK I DONT KNOW.>

Asked someone in black shirt..she is talking..he squeeled..she got it.. you don't get the chocoluate bar.. oh you get the big daddy.. don't hold that to me..lol...demonstrating it now.. he is smutty..lol..

From cb

now I didn't say smutty Pam did..:laugh but he was..I think..:lol someone in audience with a dictionary..cheating..laughing.you on the cell phone..you talking to who..did that person pay..talking to someone.. about gentlemen on front row paid for 15-20 ..oh he paid the the whole dang show..laughter..TALKING TO JENNIFER ON SOMEONES CELLPHONE....YOU ARE STEALING MY SHOW.....

THE AUDIENCE IS JUST CRACKING UP...HE IS SOOOOO FUNNY TONIGHT.....

NOW SINGING MDYK....

HELLO JENNIFER?? THIS IS CLAY AIKEN!

YOU'RE STEALIN' M'AH SHOW JENNIFER....SOMETHING ABOUT A GENTLEMAN IN THE FRONT ROW AND SHE MUST HAVE SAID THAT HE PAID FOR HER....WHAT??????

CELLSTREAM IS SO BAD IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!! :sigh

from aikim at CV:

The word of the day...rollatondo? He said it means starting at one end and going all the way to the other.