Harford, CT...CT convention Center

Ansamcw

I will be attending this concert with my son...it is an early Christmas gift to from he and his family.

We will be at table A11......

Have fun tomorrow night...looking forward to your report...

From CV cellcerter:

The venue is in the ballroom of a convention center, so the seating is all flat, with a raised stage. There is table setting in the front, where they were served dinner before the show, plus seats in the back which may have a pretty poor view. The certer estimates there is space for somewhere between 1000 - 2000, but not sure exactly.

The venue is in the ballroom of a convention center, so the seating is all flat, with a raised stage. There is table setting in the front, where they were served dinner before the show, plus seats in the back which may have a pretty poor view.

That's a different set-up. Still, I guess it goes to show you don't necessarily need a traditional theatre to have a concert.

Edited by JennaZ

There are some of the talented stealth Clack gatherers in attendance, so fingers crossed again.

The second CV cellcerter's group (I think this is what she said) ran into some of the symphony members somewhere in the convention center - indentifiable by the backstage passes around thier necks. They were surprised that Clay came to rehearsals in his pj bottoms. This is the first musical performance of this kind in the venue.

The capacity is around 2987 seats, and it's about 90% full, per estimates.

After much blathering by the venue people that I couldn't really hear, the orchestra section has started. The first sing is Sleigh Ride, which seems kind of odd, since Clay will be singing it later. I don't think I've heard the groups at the other venues play a song in the first part that Clay sings in the second.

Carol of the Bells, and then Nutcracker stuff.

From Cb:

Per Cellcerter...

Ballroom of Convention Center is like no other they have ever attended for a Clay concert. Table seating with chairs and Antipasto to munch on! She said it's like being at a wedding with Clay as the entertainment and no Chicken Dance!!! :lol

She stated that there is supposed to be a really long Intermission for some reason or other!

All other seating is just chairs lined up behind the table seating and all is on a flat floor.

Saw Clay enter the center in PJ bottoms and non of his entourage would give up the "word of the day"

CellStream is not clear again tonight. So we might have some problems reporting again!! :sigh

Attendance is 1700 out of 2500

The number of seats is 2987....They are now about 90% full...so some info is a bit conflicting as it's coming from two or three different people!

Announcer just called Clay the/a TRUE IDOL!!! Much cheering!!

Clay's name is being mentioned several times!

Hartford2Dballroom2Dfunction.jpg

the ballroom

From Cb:

They're doing a medley of songs....

Conductor has audience participation...still singing along...on third or fourth song now...great warm-up for Clay...HOWEVER...none of the Mates need warming up that's for sure...just the newbies!!!! :laugh

So will there be video of Julia? Is she leadingthe sing alongs or just singing along?

Per the certer, the conductor called a bunch of people up for the singalong, and although Julia was introduced, she got shoved in the back while some other guy showboated. It all sounds very odd.

Also, the certer thought the acoustics in the venue were very good, as was the orchestra. The quality of the connection wasn't that clear, so I'll take her word for it.

Julia was giving autographs and said that she hadn't talked to Clay in quite a while, but he called and invited her to the concert tonight.

It's 8:55, and the musicians are starting to come back on stage.

The certer says the place is now full. She talked to someone in the very back who said she could see okay, so that's good.

From CB:

Julia DeMato said she hasn't seen Clay in three years BUT he called her and told her she HAD to come to the show!!! She's signing autographs at the moment!!

From CH:

the venue was not really meant for this. this is really a concvention ballroom so they are not sure how the sound will be for Clay

They feel that this is pretty good crowd considering the day. its pretty full except for some tables in odd placement in the room.

At least they agree on the glasses tonight. I think last night there was some confusion until after the show and the certer came back on.

hee I was distracted but looked for some confirmation at the CH...

From someone at CV who could hear better than me:

How’s everybody this evening?!

Kudo’s to symphony.

Something about Golden Globe section.

Mentioned something about Claymates – big scream.

It’s a great building here.

I think he’s interacting with a screamer.

Classy group up here on stage, very professional, played the music after seeing it one time.

I’m just kind of a scandal king, putting my hand over people’s mouths wherever I go (HUGE screams)

I would do it again!

We’re gonna sing tonight. Not talk too much.

Feels like he’s miles away from the folks over there.

Also feels like he’s too fat for his jacket, getting old and fat. Got something from someone today that called him a fat 29 year old. He’s only 28.

Intro’ing MCWL.

MCWL sounds incredible. He's singing the story. So clear and beautiful and heartfelt.

Not much much banter before the MCWL spiel, and then right into the song.

I did catch "And I would do it again", so I'd say the KRip banter is still there,

Yeah its seems he dropped the 4 tips to enjoy a Clay aiken concert spiel...

I wonder if he felt bad teasing Bridget when she was not there...he started last night but then let himself get distracted and started talking to the audience.

Too bad that was really funny and cute...and no bus story too. Oh well he probably will get a new thing to talk about through his one day break.

Yikes - I kept getting disconnected and had to get back in.

Did you hear Clay ask the guy if he had been to one of these "debacles" [tm Mr. Yeah, I know your words].

Brown boots and glasses? I think Raleigh accidently ate his contacts and Durham chewed up the black boots. Hee. :P Maybe he can do some shopping on his day off. Has he got time to go the NYC?

Yikes - I kept getting disconnected and had to get back in.

Did you hear Clay ask the guy if he had been to one of these "debacles" [tm Mr. Yeah, I know your words].

Brown boots and glasses? I think Raleigh accidently ate his contacts and Durham chewed up the black boots. Hee. :P Maybe he can do some shopping on his day off. Has he got time to go the NYC?

oh yeah he has said that in a few cocnerts...he just says it so fast that its not that noticeable.