Kelly Clarkson

ShelleyC

Kelly fans post here... anyone been to see her tour yet?

I went in Toronto to the Breakaway tour... it was a great show!

(Didn't care for her outfit though... although it was 100 times better than the French-cut bodysuit with lowrider pants monstrousity that she has going on now for the Hazel Eyes tour... what is up with that?)

I think I would call myself a fan too...I am discovering that I really like her songs...

I ended up putting her songs in my ipod since my daughter uploaded them to my itunes. I am not really familiar with them because I never bought a cd of hers. Now the songs would come on the Ipod and she is one of those artist that make me stop and pay attention. Several times I would wonder what song was playing and who the singer was...with 2600 songs I don't really remember all of them....and be surprised to see that its Kelly...

I am disappointed in her clothing choices...Its not that she is being sexy...its just she is really pushing the style envelop but I don't think she can carry it off. It looks like she is trying too hard...sigh. I just hope that this is one of those things artist grows out of...

I admit...I like the clelly...shhh don't tell couchtomato...but I think they are just friend...for now. ;)

I'm a fan of Kelly as well! I love her voice. She can bring the house down. I have her BREAKAWAY CD. She definitally(sp) is the American Idol! I was so happy when she won. I've never seen Kelly on tour.

Kelly will forever be my fav female artist. :wub: That's why it's in my sn. :lol:

Yeah I think she is a fantastic singer and a great girl...can;t wait for her next CD. My girls love her. I saw her pictures at the Reba tribute and she looked beautiful.

Kelly will forever be my fav female artist. :wub: That's why it's in my sn. :lol:

Yeah I think she is a fantastic singer and a great girl...can;t wait for her next CD. My girls love her. I saw her pictures at the Reba tribute and she looked beautiful.

I can't wait for her next album either. I know I'm going to love it. :wub:

post-752-1162095714_thumb.jpg

Yeah she was. :wub: Gawd, I wish I had her butt. :lol:

Thanks for that treenuts. I wondered what in the world Reba McIntire was doing having a special singing with Kelly. It makes sense now. Although I find it odd that Kelly is signing with a Nashville company while she is singing more angsty rocker type music. Does Reba's husband and that company have other pop/rock artists that they handle? Is Kelly going country? Questions, questions.

One of Kelly's songs popped up on my shuffle yesterday while I was at work. It was quite comical actually. I feel like this little irritating sensation in the back of my ear...thought it was a gnat or something. Then I realize someone is making an unpleasant sound. Then I realize it's coming from my ipod. So I hit the light button. It's Kelly and it says Irvine/Chivas. That was not good. It was the Janis Joplin wanabee song and really really really can see Clive's point of view on that one. Wonder how long before I hear the entire album.... with my 4000 shuffled songs. The rest of the album has to be better.

I think a blues/country direction is something I can get behind for her. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm still rooting for her to kick Hannah Montana's butt though...

I'm a Kelly Clarkson fan. I think the song "IRVINE" on the My December CD is one of the prettiest most haunting melodies around. I liked Breakaway also but some of the new songs are worthy of a second or third listen and some just make you nervous. I've seen and heard people discuss the childish lyrics but if you ever listen to the lyrics of most songs you'll find them all a bit childish and silly. Kelly does like to vent a bit but that's o.k. with me as long as I get songs like "IRVINE". Don't most songwriters write about personal experiences? Do believe she, like Clay, was a lonely and sad child.

All the discussion of TOO FAT, TOO SKINNY, who the hell cares. If they sing pretty and entertain me I'm happy.

Couchie, Sober and Irvine are two different songs completely.

I also liked Janis Joplin (runs and hides).

O.K. how many fucking times can a person edit. I'll get it sooner or later. Perhaps Toots should pay closer attention to the preview post feature.

Edited by Toots

Hey, I like Janis Joplin, but Kelly ain't no Janis. She has a nice voice, but doesn't have the grit yet. I am still not sure why dating a guy for two months makes you sing the blues when he marries the long time girlfriend he was engaged to when you started to date him.

I would prefer it if Kelly would be the original Kelly, rather than the next Avril (can I hate Avril's latest songs more?) or the next Janis (or Bruce, as she seemed to indicate with her Nebraska remark) or the next Reba. It may not sell well to be yourself, but I think that has more artistry than to be a copy of other popular things, even if you do write your own songs.

Let me edit this so you don't think this is a hateful post. I think Kelly is too easy influenced by sounds around her and they tend to overwhelm what ever she has inside her. She is young yet, she can experiment and grow, try differnt sounds on for size and see if they fit, I just don't have to like it. But she has been in the business long enough that she should have more selfawareness by now.

Edited by playbiller

One of the things I like about Kelly's voice is the versatility she can display from song to song. Her version of "Up To The Mountain" is just beautiful and the rolls (for lack of a more informed word) in her voice are stellar.

I think Kelly could sing any genre she wanted and probably be successful. Like others, I don't like Yelly Kelly. Janis could yell so sweet, just had that kind of growly voice.

As for silly lyrics, David Hodges wrote a song about Kelly being just a little girl. I think it was called You are Just a Little Girl, but it was pretty good. Think I heard it at his Myspace site. Good Tit for Tat but it didn't seem to garner the attention her rant did. By the way, I didn't like Never Again all that well.

Avril could only dream about having a voice like Kelly's. She's more in the Ashley Simpson group of non-singers who sing (not).

Do we have a spell checker here?

Play, your post wasn't hateful, at least not to me. That's one of the reasons I'm here, to have good conversations. I used to negotiate contracts for a living. I know all the words and every hateful phrase in the english language and then some. Sometimes I even use them, especially the words! I've become kinder and gentler with age. Well, maybe a little.

If I think you are being hateful I'll tell you, then run like hell!!

Edited by Toots

I definitely think Kelly is one of the best young singers out there. Go figure. I love the songs from Thankful.

Couchie, did you try Irvine again? She apparently wrote the song after she had a breakdown of sorts following a concert in Irvine. It's hauntingly beautiful. I personally wish she's do more of that kind of music because it shows her soulful side. Her talent is wasted on the screaming songs but that seems to appeal to her young fans.

Also Up To The Mountain, have you heard her sing that song? It's a cover song about MLK. I can't take my ears off those two songs.

Have a good time today. I love that show!!

I saw Kelly last year for her My December tour. She was awesome. My only complaint is her concert was so short.

I can't wait for her next cd have read lots of good things about it. The first single should be out soon :)