Let the googling begin

Couch Tomato

John Mayer

News - 4

3 stories about his blog suggestion for Grey's anatomy

1 from musicbox stating how well his album is doing.

Blogs - 5

4 on his blog with the solution to the Grey's anatomy problem - Hmm, sticking his nose in,huh?

1 recommending someone see his trio - just a little promo

Sort of relevant and familiar sounding - it all starts with Page Six.

A music blog I read seems to be pretty certain this Blind Item is J. Mayer.

WHICH shaggy-haired rocker with a perky pop-star girlfriend has the nightclub circuit buzzing that he's been taking guys home with him late at night?

Huh. Will tabloid mud follow?

Sort of relevant and familiar sounding - it all starts with Page Six.

A music blog I read seems to be pretty certain this Blind Item is J. Mayer.

WHICH shaggy-haired rocker with a perky pop-star girlfriend has the nightclub circuit buzzing that he's been taking guys home with him late at night?

Huh. Will tabloid mud follow?

hmmm verrry interesting to follow just for comparison sake.

Hmmm, this has never shown up in my googling. Of course, my husband used to bring guys back with him from bars (when he was in his pre AA days) to listen to music and talk to him because I was not receptive to conversing with a drunk.

I guess inthis world, you can only be seen with people of the opposite sex, but they should never be friends. Because sex is meant to be sex and stuff.

Ok...I just posted stuff about Tyra in the regular chat thread because I suck at following directions. But I'd never be able to post all the stuff I get on my Google alerts for her...too much. And mostly what I mentioned elsewhere---bitchy stuff about her 'weight problem' (Good God.) or how she's not a REAL African American woman...or how crappy her makeup and especially her hair (wigs) look.

I must say that when I see these pics of her wigs and how obvious the lines of them are around her forehead, I have to agree somewhat....Bangs, Tyra...

Oh, and they also rag her on her forehead--how big it is. Evidently, though, she's like Clay in this regard---she mentions it herself!

Hmmm, this has never shown up in my googling.

No, it wouldn't, because the Page Six mention was a blind item, and the music blog entry was oh-so-cleverly titled something like "We Mayer May Not Know Who the Post Is Talking About", and closed with "Come on. You'd have to be a simp, son, not to get this one! Ennnh? ENNNNH?" The nudge, nudge, wink, wink was pretty clear. I posted it because I thought it was relevant to the project here and it is an m.o. we've seen before. It's not just Clay that gets the crap, obviously.

muski, the girls at Go Fug Yourself were on Tyra's case again, this time for looking too orange.

Kelly is getting a lot of publicity for this NASCAR deal. TONS of news items and blogs about that. The only other mentions are in relation to the new season of Idol.

DAUGHTRY!!!!! - not much - just where "Its Not Over" is falling on the various charts and about his singing the national anthem at the football game yesterdat.

Damn. I want juicy gossip!

BWAH, er, I mean, poor tyra.

John Mayer

News - 0 = bo-o-o-oring guy

Blogs - oddly enough - 5

Yeah, yea - Greys' anatomy still, He also insulted England's taste in music when asked why he was not a success there and one other generic remark about songwriters.

B O R I N G!!!!! I need to make this into a flashing sign.

Play ...cracking up at John Mayer...

Jennifer ..awards, parties, golden globes, oscar predictions, VOGUE, meeting Mary Wilson of the Supremes, you go girl

Kate Walsh - mostly choke gate stories, she's just a side player in that, attending Sundance..got lots of swag

Fantasia: some album reviews (positive; concert reviews (positive); hair reviews (negative heh - she's blonde now.)

Tired will catch up with Anderson tomorrow.

Kandre, You can take Reba if you want. I get several alerts on her each day. I'm sorry for coming in here and posting to do this. I wanted to do it, but helping Ash with the archives and daily stuff is keeping me from even reading all of the Reba alerts!! That woman is one busy person!!!!!!!!

:party20:

BWAH, er, I mean, poor tyra.

John Mayer

News - 7

Sounds lieka lot, doesn't it - but some guy named John Mayer got elected to a local council.....

And - gasp - John and Jessica were sighted in Miami

One article is an interview wehre he is noted as a Grammy award winning whatever.

As to Gossip, the national ledger has some story about John and another woman, but, like, I would never click on that site, so I will never know.....

Blogs - oddly enough - 5

All blogs about Jessica and John sighted in Miami K-I-S-S-I-N-G

alein_hit_head.gif

Kelly.....

Cute article here about why Kelly is the only true American Idol.

NASCAR, NASCAR, NASCAR....

A blog on how you too can look like Kelly.

And perhaps the strangest one of all, a toothbrush that plays songs from such people as Kelly Clarkson! If you're interested in getting one, here's the link: Tooth Tunes

DAUGHTRY!!!!.......

He's back up on the top of the charts after 9 weeks - but he only sold 65,000 copies.

Taylor is happy for Chris' success. The rest of the article in Taylor is about his new single, written by Eman and some others who wrote for Clay Aiken and Nick Lachey and how he's learning obscure covers and how his book will be out soon which will have some juicy stuff about Idol in it. It sure doesn't sound like another LTS! If you want to read the whole article, its here.

But back to DAUGHTRY!!!!!! He didn't worry that his career was over when he lost Idol. He knew he would be signed by someone and then 2 days later, Clive Davis called and the rest is history.

And that is it.

John Mayer

News - 4

Jessica has joined him during his tour inMiami =- oh, wait that was reported yesterday as well!

I do have to laugh at the title of one article about the same thing - "Just When You Think John Mayer's Tour Can't Suck Any Harder"

1 ofthe 4 is the usual what is happening around town - and it is a tour appearance. Flat fee $40.

Blogs - oddly enough - 5 yet again. I guess I should go back and see if it is the same 5 blogs every day, nope, not interesting enough.

All blogs about Jessica and John sighted in Miami, John has released a new single

Reading all this stuff just makes me fell so dishy. I want to grab a cheese danish, a cup of coffee and find someone to cackle with.

My week in review --

Besides Leo's nominations, his big story is that he almost quit acting after Titanic because he felt objectified and "like a piece of meat." Oh, and he had a fight over the phone with his girlfrind when he was at a bar. How they knew it was her on the phone, I dunno. ;)

Lachey is apparently never written about in terms of actually, you know, singing. His mentions are all about will he marry the MTV woman, will he dump her, that's he's happy he took the high road in breaking up with Jessica, and that he went to a McDonald's in London. Heh.

Elijah directed a music video, did some stuff regarding the Sundance film festival, where apparently people are expecting tension with Jared Leto because he and Wood had a fight last year. And Elijah thinks Lindsay Lohan is awesome and has been coming to her defense as a person and an actress. They worked together on 'Bobby.'

Leo leads in number of stories and blogs, but it is awards season and he has two hot movies. Lachey is next, Elijah brings up the rear. But they all have something every darn day. Don't celebs ever rest and relax at home? Geesh.

Now ... may I have another danish, please?

After almost a month of this project, I've detected a pattern with a lot of things, and strummer mentions one of them:

Lachey is apparently never written about in terms of actually, you know, singing.

play has noticed practically the same thing with John Mayer -- it's almost always mentions about him being with Jessica. This suggests to me that maybe, just maybe, the media isn't all that interested in the actual music, per se, but the lives of these artists. It's sad, but it's appearing to me to be a fact of life. It makes me understand the articles written about Clay so much more.

I also do wonder where Google decides what is a "news" source and what is a "blog" source. In one instance a few days ago, I got the SAME article in both a news and blog alert for Harrison Ford. I thought that strange. Also, there are more than a few websites that seem to be fan fun that are considered "news" for U2. Again, the librarian in me doesn't care for that.

Most of my articles lately about Harrison Ford are still about him playing Indiana Jones, and how he seems too old to do this. Alicia Keyes's write-ups tend to be about her movie, which I think opens tomorrow. I've seen one blog review that liked her, and liked the movie. She also does have a new album coming out shortly. Bono's main contribution lately is that he will be receiving an award from the NAACP, which is a big, big deal.

A few, here and there articles are on Mayer's music, Latchey, however, I always hear his music on the radio, but he doesn't seem to be a seller and always seems splashed around as nice guy (this year. There was a time before Jessica started playing that he was considered a bad guy. Personally I think he is a weak guy, doing what ever will help him in his career.

I am trying to figure out this Mayer thing with Jessica - did he need the push, Is he tryong to squelch some other rumor - it started so weird and continues so weirdly (I really do wonder if anyone who might have any stability could be attracted to who she is now).

John Mayer

News - 5

2 gossip pages reporting the relationship is a ruse to get back at Nick, 2 Grammy mentions, 1 Rollingstone will interview him, fans submit questions

Blogs - still 5 yet again.

4 jessica and John in Jacksonville, 1 article about music by VH1 - Clicked on article -- no mention for days.

John Mayer

News - 0 = bo-o-o-oring guy

Blogs - oddly enough - 5

A mix this time - 2 jessica stories (Not to mention I just saw him on the soupwith the duo being named the Messica! - but then there was the usual gay innuendo on the celebrity joke show after the soup.)

Talylor hiscks says he like Mayer in his interview. A note about his tour in Menphis and it is noted he is going to sing at the grammies.

DAUGHTRY!!!!!!

#1 after 9 weeks and how he's the "multi-format phenomenon of the year".

Free concert in Greensboro.

Mention in this article about Ace. (Its actually a pretty interesting article on Ace.)

Kelly

NASCAR and how Kelly said that the AI judges can be a little harsh.

That was it from the Google alerts but a friend of mine said that apparently our friend Perez Hilton is now saying Kelly is gay! :what_d_fuck:

Wow, Tyra seems to get a lot of slams. I never would have known that at all. I just thought she was the shit and everybody loved her blah blah blah.

I am trying to figure out this Mayer thing with Jessica - did he need the push, Is he tryong to squelch some other rumor - it started so weird and continues so weirdly (I really do wonder if anyone who might have any stability could be attracted to who she is now).

Yeah, I thought it was all one big publicity stunt started by her camp...and he was pissed about it. But I guess they are dating.

Kate Walsh - more chokegate fallout, Kate at Sundance,

when worlds collide... OK there was this blog having a chick off...and kate was up against rachel wiez..and one of the little blog comments picking Kate was from Queen Biznatch and she had a Clay Aiken clingle avator -- thought it was hysterical.

Kate's always in a lot of blogs, mostly positive. But they are obscure little things and what I noticed that is different than say that Clay Aiken guy..is that her fans don't overrun those little blogs with comments of any kind. They stay the small insignificant writings that they are supposed to be. In the aforementioned poll, Kate only has one vote out of 11...Rachel kicked her ass..but can you imagine if that was Clay...omg John Mayer is winning. Go vote! heee.

Jennifer - Oscar Buzz, ABC Person of the Week...it status continued

Fantasia: people happy about new single..thinks it should have been first single..and complaining that nobody knows the album is out.

A mean spirited article here comparing her to Miss Piggy and poking fun at her looks.

Fantasia is not photogenic when she is letting loose as these pictures indicate.

Unfortunately they are making the rounds...the blog comments are harsh as well.

articles about how she wanted the role of Effie in Dreamgirls. She said everybody liked her and wanted her but the Director. But she says Jennifer was born to play Effie.

What I'm noticing is that the regular media loves Fantasia..she gets great reviews for her CD and concerts. The bloggers seem to have taken aim. I think that one bad picture from a few weeks ago have given them a theme and they are running with it. So now many deroggatory blogs on her looks and her clothes and how she's a country bumpkin.

DAUGHTRY!!!!!

His rhythm guitar player quit the band but there are no hard feelings. Interestingly enough, it also said the band was assembled after the CD. I thought it was supposed to be his old band from his pre-AI days??

He'll be on TRL on Thursday. I thought this was interesting:

Simon Cowell said he should have won last season’s show. Chris Daughtry certainly is taking the Clay Aiken trail — except for the style of music, of course — and now the up-and-coming rocker has announced a free concert.

Kelly....

Only mentions are in AI related articles.