American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Phil...good vocals on a really boring song melodywise...lookwise..Phil is actually a good looking guy with a great smile...but his bald head really does not look good on him. I wish he can regrow his hair.

I'm shallow - I tried to picture Phil with hair and was still distracting by those sunken pits he calls eyes....I just can't find him attractive on any level.

Jordin has played the game nicely....she is peaking perfectly.

I still found most of the performances dull.

OK Jordin...I love her and that song always give me goosebumps...but she was pitchy all over the place. I actually liked the way she contemporized that but there were a lot of moments in the beginning where she was not on the notes...and that last glory note??? was also off key.

weirdness...but the performance I enjoyed the most was Chris R. everyone else was meh either their song choices are boring or vocals were meh. I really wanted to be blown away by Jordin ever since I heard the spoiler...but she was pitchy...so no Randy, that was definitely not one of the best vocals in 6 years ever.

I watched only the last few minutes of the show last night -- thought Jordin was a bit pitchy but her emotional connection was there, so I bought her performance hook, line and sinker. From the recap, I thought Blake sounded terrible (the only person who can do that song justice is Lennon, and I'm not even a big John Lennon fan), Chris sounded pretty good (and I liked that he did an upbeat inspirational song), and that Mindy was good too.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I have a theory about the contestants this evening...and one that I've seen that others in the media are thinking might happen too. Should I post it? Or try to spoiler it? (If I'm doing spoilers -- how do I do that on this board?)

I watched only the last few minutes of the show last night -- thought Jordin was a bit pitchy but her emotional connection was there, so I bought her performance hook, line and sinker. From the recap, I thought Blake sounded terrible (the only person who can do that song justice is Lennon, and I'm not even a big John Lennon fan), Chris sounded pretty good (and I liked that he did an upbeat inspirational song), and that Mindy was good too.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I have a theory about the contestants this evening...and one that I've seen that others in the media are thinking might happen too. Should I post it? Or try to spoiler it? (If I'm doing spoilers -- how do I do that on this board?)

i think you just change the color...or just put a big SPOILER AHEAD alert...

OK, here's my theory -- SPOILER AHEAD!!!!

Last night at the end of the show, Ryan said something about their being a "shocker" at the end of tonight's show. I'm wondering -- since is the night of altruism at AI -- if they will keep everyone on the show for another week? And then, in a week or so, have a double elimination, the bottom TWO being sent home. My theory was a bit confirmed as I read the TV Guide blog on the show. They wondered how they could do the semi-cruel thing of eliminating a singer in the midst of the charity stuff. Just wondering....

OK, here's my theory -- SPOILER AHEAD!!!!

Last night at the end of the show, Ryan said something about their being a "shocker" at the end of tonight's show. I'm wondering -- since is the night of altruism at AI -- if they will keep everyone on the show for another week? And then, in a week or so, have a double elimination, the bottom TWO being sent home. My theory was a bit confirmed as I read the TV Guide blog on the show. They wondered how they could do the semi-cruel thing of eliminating a singer in the midst of the charity stuff. Just wondering....

Makes total sense to me...

so anyone else watching...with Bon Jovi. this is a good song for Phil. You can tell that he is very comfortable with this song. He really does well with songs that could fit the country rock genre...

he was good...but nothing really unique about it....

ok...manipulation time...that was a bit too harsh and totally predictable of Simon...he does not want phil to stay...

I'm here.

I thought Phil was ok. Not terrible but his performance did nothing for me. Kind of karaoke to me.

It was kind of early to say it wasn't good enough to stay next week. Granted two are going home, but since there was no one to compare him to, it was too early to say that.

ETA: God those "mom" remarks must be making Bon Jovi feel old!!

Edited by Claygasm

Jordin started out a bit shakey but from the first chorus on I thought she was much better.

This could be a tough week for the women.

I cannot even imagine what LaKisha and Melinda are going to sing.

Edited by Claygasm

This is a tough song for Her but she is doing an ok job on it...I just wish she had another hair style.

yup wish she saw Bon Jovi earlier in the week and they could doa better rearrangement.

You know..Simon is not really a rocker...how doe she expect epople to sing...does he not think htat rockers are also shrieking when they sing??? How does he want people to do it like Il Divo (who are just so yucky BTW). If that is the type of talent he likes...then he really would have a hard time with rocker girls.

This is a tough song for Her but she is doing an ok job on it...I just wish she had another hair style.

yup wish she saw Bon Jovi earlier in the week and they could doa better rearrangement.

You know..Simon is not really a rocker...how doe she expect epople to sing...does he not think htat rockers are also shrieking when they sing??? How does he want people to do it like Il Divo (who are just so yucky BTW). If that is the type of talent he likes...then he really would have a hard time with rocker girls.

Isn't Simon the genius behind the Spice Girls?

LaKisha - Suprisingly, that is the best she has been in weeks! Who would have thunk it? LaKisha sings Bon Jovi???? That was a surprise.

Edited by Claygasm

well Bon Jovi seem to write all kinds of songs..cos the first had a country rock feel to it...the second song was more pop...and this was very soulful. And of course even Clay can sing Bon Jovi songs.

Ok, JBJ just made a great point. Sixteen bars of not singing on a show that is supposed to highlight singing.....

Wonder why Blake dyed his hair?

I feel like he was throwing in his beatboxing because he thinks its his strong suit, you know, instead of singing.

Ok, it was very original, but I didn't think it was so great. I don't think he showed he was much of a singer. The parts he sang were not very challenging.

I give him an A for originality and a C- for the vocals.

And Simon is right - half will LOVE it and half will hate it.

ETA: Bon Jovi does have quite a variety of music in his catalog. Rock, pop, country-ish.... He's actually a good choice for "rock" on AI because if the contestants look hard enough they should be able to find something they can sing.

And if not, they can always beat box!

(And no one better sing TOA!)

Edited by Claygasm

Interesting choice for Blake...I actually like it...that really worked. The thing is he really does not have a as good a voice as 4 of the people in the competition so he has to do it with style and putting all the creative stuff in there distracts from his poor vocals..so good for him.

On based on tonight's performance only...I am pretty nervous for Jordin..I hope she accumulated enough good point and fans to keep her in there.

Ansa - No way is Jordin going home. Remember, they are combining the votes from last week with this week and I would bet she was the leading vote getter last week.

Chris - this should be interesting......

Oh he's singing the song sacred DAUGHTRY!!!! did.....

His voice is so thin..... (What's with the white belt???)

He isn't singing it like he believes in himself. I mean, the vocals are not good, but he is projecting a sort of defeatest vibe to me.

Well, to me it wasn't good so the judges will love it.

Paula thinks everyone is going to stay! Two have to go. If Chris didn't do well last week, he may be gone. Same for Phil. Neither were outstanding so unless they did real well last week they could be in trouble.

Edited by Claygasm

Chris was not bad. Not the best singer but Simon was right...he did the best he could with it.

Hee I wasn't really watching just listening...but the rock style kind hid a lot of flaws in this vocals.

Melinda - that neckline almost gives her a neck!

She is surpisingly good! I mean, we know she can sing, but she is not singing a genre I would expect her to excel in and she's animated and she looks like this is fun!

I think one thing we saw with Melinda and LaKisha that we didn't see with Jordin was they were able to adapt to something outside their comfort zone better. I think it has something to do with their maturity. Jordin is still very young and I think it showed this week.

OH GROSS!! "W" IS ON - LIKE THAT ASSHOLE HAS A FUCKING CHARITABLE BONE IN HIS BODY!!!!!

Sorry if anyone likes him, but my hatred of him could get me arrested.

My God, W is desperate for approval....

I like Melinda's best of all.

Then LaKishia.

I didn't think Jordin was all that bad, but again I don't particularly like Bon Jovi's stuff.

Coulda done without the beatboxing.

ugh...YUCK...eewwww

ok tonight everyone really sang the best they can...

my rank...

Lakisha

Phil

Melinda

Blake

Jordin

Chris

bottom 3:

Lakisha

Phil

Chris

going home..Lakisha and Chris or Phil

I think LaKisha was good enough she may have saved herself, but she wasn't very good last week so if her vote total was low enough last week, she may not be able to pull herself out of going home. Same for Phil and Chris.

I think its possible Phil and Chris may go home because neither were great last week and neither were great this week. When combining the votes, two weeks just being ok could hurt them.

I think LaKisha was good enough she may have saved herself, but she wasn't very good last week so if her vote total was low enough last week, she may not be able to pull herself out of going home. Same for Phil and Chris.

I think its possible Phil and Chris may go home because neither were great last week and neither were great this week. When combining the votes, two weeks just being ok could hurt them.

Yup I agree...I just think that Phil;s fans may be more desperate cos he gets such bad comments from Simon...that si why I think he might get saved. Chris shares a lot of fans with Blake...I think he may not survive the accumulated vote totals. I do hope Lakisha gets saved cos that was a good performance.