American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Hey is anyone watching...

I saw martina as a mentor before in Canadian Idol and she was great...she seems really great again tonight.

I really liked Phil. I really see the difference when he just relaxes and have a great time...its kinda weird though that all of a ausdden he says he is a country boy....seems a bit off...

OMG...I totally loved jordin. As I was watching her I realized she is in the same lever and Kelly and Carrie...great vocals, beautiful and great stge presence. I think she is my front runner right now...love her!!!

Sanjaya...he is really having fun and I love the song choice. The vocals was not as good as last week but I think the performance was classic Sanjaya...and whats Ryan doing taking up Sanjaya's face time...he didn;t need to come to the guys defense...

Lakisha...I really liked that...but she showed more emotions singing to Martina. I do agree that if she made that more gospel that it would;ve worked better. Hmmm, after hearing what the judges said..they seem to be right.

Yuck Chris voice made me hate country music more...that is the type of coutry music that I kinda hate...the whiny voice type.

Oh please...Ryan just shut up..

but man...I hope Simon was rolling his eyes about Ryan and not about what Chris just said cos he seemed reallt emotional.

Ok -

Phil - who cars - never heardhim say he liked country before, like I did with Gracin (although most people missed it)

Jordan was good, but slow songs are hard to sell

Sanjaya - maybe should not address things directly, there is the Sanjya is conceited movement out there, this will jsut help them. I thought he connected well again with the audience, did not like vocals

Lakisha - I think it is not a good idea to sing an idols song, especially one where the judges love her. Now if she gospelized the song, wouldn't people accuse her of copping out though? You know, uncountry a coutry song - hatesses taht song, lyrics are amazingly stupid to me and I know why I don't like driving in certain parts of the country - excuse me keep your damn hands on the wheel God might like you enough to bring you early!

Chris - Oooohhhweee! - an excuse to sing though his nose some more. sheehs - I had to leave the room.

I think this is Melinda;s best look yet...makes her look really younger...or her age..

that was fun song...but i predict Simon won;t like it...let see...

aw shit...Simon agreed with me...hee Simon finally getting sick of her ...OMG...reactions.

Ah Country night.

My favorite - only not.

Phil - Boring

Jordin - Good. She seems to actually grow as a performer and singer each week.

Sanjaya - It was awful. He's not going anywhere!

Lakisha - HATE that song and she did nothing to make me like it. She has a great voice but.....

Chris - Nasally is a way of singing? Yeah, singing bad! I 100% agreed with what Simon said. YUCK.

Melinda - That was the most animated I have seen her. She has a wonderful voice but the last couple of weeks I've been bored with her. She was less boring this week.

Now Blake - He makes weird faces when he sings. Pitchy. Boring. He looks very uncomfortable. Does he seem a little off with the band??

Oh god...the weakness of Blakes voice is really coming out... on that clip

lets see if he gets reverbe herll...yeah, he has reverb help again tonight.

Is this a coutnry song...he is totally over powered by the band and man that is very pitchy.

This can't be a country song...and I hate how he moves...its really just so cheesy...and now thats someone called him reptilian I can't take that visual out of my head...

that was soooo not country....cop out!!!

hate the pimping...

Well, it was sung by a country singer, so I guess that makes it country.

It was nice of Simon to say what he said concerning the Virginia Tech tragedy but it seemed like an odd time. He probably should have finished with Blake and then said it.

I hate country night...

OK, I know people have been complaining about Chris getting protooled, but today, it is so obvious, even I could not miss it. Eh without the reverb he would be bland

Do you mean Blake...he was the one people were saying got reverb...

OK...someone must;lve told Simon that it looked like he rolled his eyes at Chris when he mentioned VA tech...so he was trying to not get people pissed off at him...

I really think that was bad timing and he was rolling his eyes at Chris saying the nasally is a stylistic choice but the timing of that was also awkward IMO.

My favorite tonight was Jordin.. followed by Melinda, then Phil, Lakisha, Sanjaya, Blake, Chris.

Jordin...cos she really sold that song with her voice and expression...and what great poise and personality for one so young...I can see her winning this whole thing

Melinda...loved her look, love her sassy attitude...

Phil..really sang that song well and his voice does fit Country.

Lakisha...didn;t mind it too much but I think her nervousness made her lose the connection to the song...and she was a bit shouty.

Sanjaya...not best vocals but I foudn it fun.

Blake...totally boring...totally cheesy..I hate the pimping...I hate the technical help and that was not coutnry.

Chris...just SOOOOO very very bad.

Phil, Lakisha, CHris...hope its Chris, but I think its Phil

Hello-ello-ello-lo-lo-lo

Well, they pulled the pick it thing - I think they are at the point where they coach in choices tobe able to not pick because it would be pretty easy for me to pick -

Too bad Chris R is in the safe group - he should be at the bottom, but Blake is good there as well, although they are treating it as a rubin moment.

Now I feel bad for not voting forthat kid - that was a slaughter - what they did to him.

Edited by playbiller

I didn;t watch...I had a feeling they were going to get Sanjaya this week and didn't want to see him humiliated. Watch the last moments...very emotional.

Chris should be gone...or Blake.

Well, it was sung by a country singer, so I guess that makes it country.

It was nice of Simon to say what he said concerning the Virginia Tech tragedy but it seemed like an odd time. He probably should have finished with Blake and then said it.

I hate country night...

See I knew this was not a country song...tim McGraw covered it but it was written by an al-country-rock musician Ryan adams...and was covered by the Corrs..they even have a version of this a duet with Bono...so although the original artist may do some coutnry...this is more alt-rock than anything...and I found a beautiful version by the corrs on you tube...

I knew I heard this song before and I love it..by the Corrs not by Blake...YUCK...cop out.

watchingthe media today has shown me how amazingly cruel people are - the audience sing off for Sanjaya on Mike and Juliet shows me what a small time show this really is and the ladies of the view being part of the popular people in their coolness with thier Sanjaya is off - lets just see how much this show is talked about next week with the big idol charity thing.

It is interesting watching the ratings at Clayversity - the perfromance show is sinking to previous year levels (from last years highs) , but the results shows with the power performers is rising. I think this indicates a need for a variety show in the evening. I think this is the marginalizing of the contestants again, and while the show still has ratings, I wonder if this is the beginning of the end. The show without contestants loses something for me, the way they casted this year left a big hole in the contestant "star power" area. I know next week is the big IGB, but willit have the same buzz without Sanjaya after that?

It is funny but after listening to the daily 10 on e! (which actually has been decent to Sanjaya compared to other shows - who knew?), I finally figured why he is the name on everyone's lips - there is a special sound to his name. If he had been named Jim, there would not have been much of a reason to say his name, but when said in a special way, it almost sounds magical.

So no one is watching???hee...

lots of clips of africa and poverty in America. Can't help but roll my eyes a bit at Ryan...sorry but he just bigs me...

Chris...I really really liked that. First of all, it sone of my very favorite song...yeah he had some nasally moments but not so much. I like his vocal runs...it did make it more soulful and I like the simplicity in his delivery. Actually...at this point I like him more than Blake.

Melinda...not familair with the song so I was not as thrilled but her vocals are fantastic and she looks beautiful.

Blake...I actually like the fact that he went pretty straightforward with that. I remember when Clay did HTAE...I loved the simplicity of it too but what made that extra special for me was the beautiful voice. Blake...the emotion was there...but again the vocals were just so so...so it may be one of my favorite Blake performance...but no WOW for me...and I still find his thin, reptilian lips freaky...

Can I confess something? I've always found the song "Imagine" to be totally meh. I clearly am missing some sensitivity gene.

And I hate to say this - but Fantasia is much, MUCH better than LaKishia. And I in generally think Fanty is talented just don't like her style.

And LaKishia had LOTS of pitch problems.

Lakisha..actually she looked really really good tonight. best outfit she ever wore and it seems she is losing weight or is it just the gown. That song was never good...not when fantasia sang it or when lakisha sang it...

Can I confess something? I've always found the song "Imagine" to be totally meh. I clearly am missing some sensitivity gene.

And I hate to say this - but Fantasia is much, MUCH better than LaKishia. And I in generally think Fanty is talented just don't like her style.

And LaKishia had LOTS of pitch problems.

yeah the shong was a bit awkward for lakisha cos it was too low in some places...but for the life on me...I do not remember fantasia's perofrmance of this...All I know is that I always foind it cheesy.