The Academy Awards

ldyjocelyn

Someone on another board said on the BW special, Jennifer Hudson said she would thank AI because without AI she never would have been in Dreamgirls.

Did she thank AI when she won her GG? I don't remember anyone commenting on that but it seems weird she wouldn't thank them on the GG but would on the Academy Awards.

Jennifer wore a slinky red dress for the Golden Globes and it was sorta funky cuz it showed her boobs really lopsided...like one was really lower than the other and it was a halter type neckline so.....not the most flattering. And I think she's a very beautiful girl.

Ok...Jessica Biehl...an amazing body but her dress hides it. Dayum. If I had a body like that, I'd show it off!

Edited by muskifest

Someone on another board said on the BW special, Jennifer Hudson said she would thank AI because without AI she never would have been in Dreamgirls.

Did she thank AI when she won her GG? I don't remember anyone commenting on that but it seems weird she wouldn't thank them on the GG but would on the Academy Awards.

No, she never mentioned AI at all on the GG's. I like Jennifer and saw Dreamgirls twice - she totally deserves all the accolades she's getting for this role - she was born to play Effie. She made me cry - literally. (Just ask luckiest1*g*) However, she always came across a little on the arrogant side, even on AI. I think that's what turned people off her. I can't imagine how she'll follow up this year - it's going to be tough, because there sure aren't many 'Effie's' out there, and I don't know how her acting will translate to a non-singing role.

ETA: I thought her GG dress was black (or dark brown)??

jennifer2.jpg

jennifer1.jpg

Edited by cindilu2

I missed her GG dress. What was it like (because I am too lazy to try and find a p icture of it.....)?

Oh its just a more simple style...and now that I see her without the wings...I like it...

Who was the guy with Jessica Biehl???

Muski I just looked and she wasn;t in Red ...maybe that;s another award show

However, she always came across a little on the arrogant side, even on AI. I think that's what turned people off her.

THat's how she came off to me too - and I do think it turned off a lot of the voters on AI. People are quick to blame her early departure from AI on Simon = but he had nothing to do with it at that point.

Gee, now I'll have to go find a picture of Jennifer's dress at the GG just to see what color it is!

Ok, there's an upset! I thought Eddie Murphy was supposed to be a shoo-in!

OK why are they focusing on the statue instead of Alan arkin...that made me and my daughter laugh out...

Well ...I was really not that impressed with Eddie...he was better than Jamie Foxx...but I was actually surprised he was nominated

maybe that was the Screen Actors Guild award show that she was in red? can't remember.

And I didn't want Eddie Murphy to win. I honestly didn't see what the big deal was about his acting in the movie. Still seemed like Eddie Murphy to me.

I was pulling for the black guy (can never remember or pronounce his name)...

And let me just say this right now. I want SOOOOO badly for Leo DiCaprio to win the Best Actor. he was freakin fantabulous in The Departed....unreal.

I wonder if a song from a documentary has ever been nominated for best song before?

I so want to hear Clay sing at the Academy Awards one day!

Well I KNOW I saw her with lopsided boobs somewhere!

Aw...James Taylor...I'd LOVE to hear James and Clay sing together with just the guitar---an acoustic..aural orgasmic treat! :medium-smiley-070:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thanks for the Jennifer pictures. I think I like the SAG dress better....

Sing it Melissa....what a great survivor. Loved seeing her in concert so many years ago....

Woohoo Leo and Al! What a great pairing!

And yes -- Clay at the Academy Awards, singing, would be fantastic. It will happen someday!

BWAH! Al Gore! you know, seeing him up there working on his 'fun' image...I was thinking of Clay...how he's working it...appearing on different kinds of shows, doing diff. things, acting and then giving people the finger and cussing and everything...

That makes no sense, but then I can weave Clay Aiken into any damned thing in the universe.

I'm not feeling Cameron Diaz's look tonight...

YAY I love happy feet...but I love Cars too...so I was torned. But I love the music in this movie...

Oh yeah loved Al and Leo...but it seem like Leo was waiting for a SO for Al...too bad.

I saw The Departed and Little Miss Sunshine and Babel and...what are other ones that got nominated for best picture? I saw Cars!!!! and Dreamgirls...I want to see Children of Men and The Queen and Blood Diamond and ....uh oh...I'm starting to sound like the people giving thank you speeches!