Couch Tomato

I was so damn proud of myself that I guessed last week that Chloe's husband was the engineer they wanted. I was so damn smug when it turned out to be true only to be freakin' blown out of my seat to learn Jack's daddy is a bad bad bad man. Whoah, did not see that coming. I love this show. Yay to President Palmer for keeping his own counsel.

Anyone see last night's episode??

No wonder Jack has so many issues with a family like he has!

And I will never see a drill again without cringing!!

And am I the only one who thinks the terrorist who wants peace is hot?

And those little weasels - the chief of staff and the deputy chief of staff... They even look like weasels!

Wonder how they are planning to take care of the problem with the President?

My favorite moment and damn most shocking of the eppy was when that woman shot her boyfriend in the car. I was so happy. I thought Morris was saved only to see a few seconds later she just wanted the millions for herself. This is awful but I was happy when she got her comeuppance.

OMG, all they would have had to do was show me the drill and i would have been putting together the nuc.

I loved Chloe this eppy. It was the first time she felt like Chloe to me. She seemed too normal this season. And why oh why have they brought in all these people over her this season... well on a CTU level I can understand it becasue the girl never does what she is told. But on a show level, I miss her having more to do.

Papa Bauer is whacked. I mean the man has no regard for anyone in his family. What does he live for, Power? And now he wants to take out another president? And how that girl could lead Jack into a booby trap like that...yes her child was in danger but surely she knew Jack was being set up for the kill not to mention other CTU agents. She should have told Jack the truth and let him handle it. But I'm happy Jack finds out next week about his daddy.

What a family!

So I wonder who Rick Schroeder will be on this show. I saw him on Larry King with the rest of the cast at the start of the season. They didn't reveal anything about his character though.

Anyone see last night's episode??

No wonder Jack has so many issues with a family like he has!

And I will never see a drill again without cringing!!

And am I the only one who thinks the terrorist who wants peace is hot?

And those little weasels - the chief of staff and the deputy chief of staff... They even look like weasels!

Wonder how they are planning to take care of the problem with the President?

heee..and I dont' even mind her anymore. The Nine made me like Audrey.

But what the hell... is all of this connected? I'm like..they can't have found the bombs already because there are weeks left. This is one show where I don't read spoilers but I'm so tempted.

I never read the spoilers or even watch the previews. I like to be surprised.

Unless it's Clay, of course. HA!

It must be all connected, but I can't figure out how right now. Because, yeah, what can the President have to be alive for now and did they find Gredenko's body and it's so hard to remember it's only been like 20 hours since Jack left China. Ouch.

I don't think Fayed suffered enough. LOL!

As soon as I saw that chain I knew he would not die pretty.

So what's up with Ricky Schroeder - I wonder why Milo hates him. He's like Jack in some ways - he certainly doesn't play.

I want to smack the President. He can get medical care now that the immediate crisis is over..it's not like he has to leave the darn bunker.

And I miss Chloe this season. She hasn't had enough to do.

Anyway, next week looks good.

I can't figure out the Ricky Schroeder thing. Either they'll come up with some random way for him to be a hero, or a villian, or they'll do like they do and just leave us going WTF? LOL They're so random. If they thought he was some Tony replacement, they are sadly mistaken.

And now, of course, that guy who tipped off Fayed (I forgot his name already... it's been an hour!) must pay in some way. But they'll leave that hanging too. Or maybe not, because Wayne let the Ambassador go home when they clearly should have made him stick around - and they made a point to let us know that.

Heh, that sting didn't fool me one bit. Ok, maybe for a second.

I have to say for the first time since the show began I did not follow Jack where he wanted to take me. You don't risk the world for one little Audrey. And you don't make your friends risk their jobs over and over and some promise you can't really give. Jack chose the life he is leading and sometimes people just die. I really hated the plot twist last night and I hope they wrap this up good and tight and not carry it over into next season.

Just watched the finale. It had its moments but this was not my favorite season.

I feel confident though that they will turn it around next season. They need to take their time and really put together a good storyline.

It's time to let Jack off the hook a little bit and let him begin to reclaim his life (preferably without Audrey).

I liked the addition of Doyle. He's like a mini Jack. I'd like to get to know him more.

I thought Chloe was like an extra all season long and did not really have a place in the story. That needs to change next sesason. Liked the little surprise that she was pregnant..which reminds me..when she first appeared on the show..wasn't she taking care of a baby?

I love Bill and Karen and they need to somehow get reinstated at CTU and I'd like to see them work together and have scenes together rather than be 3000 miles apart.

I don't like the VP..he's creepy. He didn't turn out to be the biggest asshole ever but I want to see Wayne return. I never did go back and watch that eppy..he didn't die did he? hee

I felt they killed too many people this season just for the sake of killing people..it was like they were going for shock value. Why kill Milos. I thought he had a story left to tell. Why have the first lady go after her husband like that. She and her secret service guy were beloved characters and they ruined that. I never even liked Curtis but why kill him off only to kill the only interesting "bad/good" guy off a few eppies later.

Keifer, go back to the kitchen and start all over. Have Jack make sense. Risking nuclear world destruction just to save Audrey does not fly with me. I wasn't even on your side when you were pointing that gun at Secretary Heller. He's just too cool. He's another character I loved in previous seasons.

I've been a faithful follower of this show from day one so will definitely give it another chance next season. I have faith they won't let me down.

I love this show. I love Keifer Sutherland. I'm not a action packed show kind of a gal but somehow 24 has captured my interest. I admit I have only watched the last two seasons and I will be watching again in January.

I did come across something interesting about the show that was on my home page in July. I tried to make this a spoiler post but somehow that didn't work for me.

Kiefer Sutherland series '24' gets female president in new season: Fox

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - The United States will have a female president next year - on the Fox TV series "24."

Tony Award-winning actress Cherry Jones will play President Allison Taylor when the show about the exploits of counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) returns in January for season seven, the network announced Sunday.

Jones' term will coincide with Democratic Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential bid, but Fox Entertainment chairman Peter Liguori said there will be no intersection between fiction and real-world politics.

"It's a dramatic decision. . . . The president is a very important piece of '24,' " Liguori told The Associated Press. "We've had a broad array of presidents on the show; why not a female president?"

The series has been an Oval Office ground-breaker before, with Dennis Haysbert playing President Palmer, the first black president.

Jones, winner of best-actress Tony Awards for "The Heiress" and "Doubt," has appeared in films including "Ocean's Twelve" and "The Perfect Storm" and has guest-starred on TV shows including the White House drama "The West Wing."

Edited by Rchick

Ok, I loved Tony but this is ridiculous. There was nothing uncertain about what happened to him! He died in Jack's arms! They took his body away covered with a sheet. Last year he was referred to as dead! So is Michelle alive too? After all, we only saw her for a moment in Tony's arms before the second blast. I always thought maybe she was alive and they just didn't let it be known for her safety.

If they bring Tony back, they better bring back Michelle. It is just wrong to have one without the other.

Frankly it surprises me they would let a spoiler like that leak. The folks at "24" are usually very good at keeping surprises a surprise.

And they have been known to put out red herrings.

I have to say, I hope this is a red herring. It just scream of a jumping shark to me.

I think a lot of people were disappointed in last season. The producers were even giving interviews afterward saying they would bring a better story this season. They had feirce competition from Heros last season. I gave up Heros for 24...but then regretted it. So I think they may well let some stuff slip in the hopes that it brings everyone back come January.

Or,

I'm talking out my ass. :cryingwlaughter:

it just scream of a jumping shark to me.

...thought that myself...but as long as they don't have him standing in the shower and telling us last year was all a dream, I'll probably go with it.

(damn, if they were going to bring anyone back from the dead it should have been Edgar. :P)

Edited by laughn

I dunno - the whole show is hyper-reality (and always has been) to me. Good old-fashioned shoot 'em up action, with a twist. Bringing back Tony? Hey, who knows - maybe his heart re-started right after Jack left the room. After all, the whole show was only 24 hours, right? Maybe they just didn't get a chance to tell him. *g*