ER: The Doctors and Nurses of County General

ldyjocelyn

So...is there anyone here besides me and couchie that are still addicted to this show? It is one of the few shows around that is "appointment" TV to me at this point. Yes, I hate some of the characters, but I also simply LOVE a few of them as well.

Last night's episode: woohoo for Abby and Luka! I've gone through periods where I wanted to smack both these characters for some of the stupid things they've done. Tonight? Was not stupid. It was great to see Abby realize that she needed to do this. I also loved her work with the comic, and was very touched when they brought in some of the staff to give him his "big break."

Neela -- just go with Ray, OK? He's a lot cuter, and much more fun. He also doesn't seem to have baggage. Tony? Meh. Needs to figure out his life first.

I also have a serious crush on Dr. Debenko. I think he's a fascinating character, and I hope they give him some more storylines soon.

I think I stopped watchign this show when John Stamos started his thing with Neela. I just find Stamos is a poormans luka and George Clooney...

I have been watching The OC at this time...now that the OC is about to end I might get back to it.

I think I stopped watchign this show when John Stamos started his thing with Neela. I just find Stamos is a poormans luka and George Clooney...

Well, now....after last night, it was almost implied that he may NOT be doing "his thing" with Neela. I'm not impressed with that character at all, but I can tolerate him in very limited doses.

Oh yeah, the other thing that happened last night -- Pratt. I really wasn't sure that the preacher was going to be able to help him all that much, and frankly, was a little scared when he walked in to that hearing. However, I'm glad that it's worked out OK. I do hope that Pratt feels some ramifications with this for a long time, though.

Hey LdyJ...I watch ER every week as well and actually look forward to it. It's strange that all the original cast is gone but I love how they have continued to bring in new blood. It's more realistic that way anyway. I heard on Grey's Anatomy, it will take 3 seasons for the first year interns to move on to second year interns. Ok it's nothing wrong with that but just think in 10 years hold old these people are going to look. When EP is 45 am I really supposed to believe she's only 32?

Anyway back to ER... I think I'm hte only person on this planet that did not like Doug Ross or Carol Hathaway. I actually hated both those character (just like I can't stand the main characters on GA). I was so happy when they left. Going back to the beginning I loved Carter and Dr. Benton. Of the second wave, Luka, Abbey and Elizabeth were my favorites. I thought they ruined Elizabeth when they put her with Dr. Green.

I hated it when they broke up Luka and Abby the first time. As much as I loved Carter I was always a Luby. heee. I loved Carter and his African wife.

Of the next wave I love Neela and her husband. I'm very sorry they killed him off.. I'm hit or miss with Pratt but I thought his Africa eppy was the best one of all.

I loved the proposal. So much emotion. I was happy that she iniated it. And I'm so glad Luka has a family again, at last.

Anyway back to ER... I think I'm hte only person on this planet that did not like Doug Ross or Carol Hathaway.

Heh....nope. I always thought the character of Doug Ross was a smarmy jerk, and I didn't like him AT.ALL. Carol was a good nurse, but her penchant for Doug drove me away from her.

My favorite from the beginning was always Carter. He was cute, a puppy dog who wanted to do his best. Through his years in the show, Noah Wyle did a fantastic job in showing the growth in his character.

I also always had a soft spot for Mark Greene as well. He was a fantastic doctor, IMO, and I bawled like a baby when he died.

It's actually taken me quite a bit of time to like both Luka and Abby. I'm not a "dark brooding guy" kind of gal, so when Luka finally broke out of his shell, to me, I started liking him. Abby -- made some fantastically dumb choices early on, and her stubbornness bugs me. But she's loosening up too, and so I like her.

I love Neela. Smart and funny. I too thought it sad when they killer her husband -- way too soon.

Man, I could talk about these guys for hours. I think I still have the pilot episode on tape, somewhere...as well as the episode where Carter almost lost his life to that crazy knife guy.

Hey LdyJ...I watch ER every week as well and actually look forward to it. It's strange that all the original cast is gone but I love how they have continued to bring in new blood. It's more realistic that way anyway. I heard on Grey's Anatomy, it will take 3 seasons for the first year interns to move on to second year interns. Ok it's nothing wrong with that but just think in 10 years hold old these people are going to look. When EP is 45 am I really supposed to believe she's only 32?

Anyway back to ER... I think I'm hte only person on this planet that did not like Doug Ross or Carol Hathaway. I actually hated both those character (just like I can't stand the main characters on GA). I was so happy when they left. Going back to the beginning I loved Carter and Dr. Benton. Of the second wave, Luka, Abbey and Elizabeth were my favorites. I thought they ruined Elizabeth when they put her with Dr. Green.

I hated it when they broke up Luka and Abby the first time. As much as I loved Carter I was always a Luby. heee. I loved Carter and his African wife.

Of the next wave I love Neela and her husband. I'm very sorry they killed him off.. I'm hit or miss with Pratt but I thought his Africa eppy was the best one of all.

I loved the proposal. So much emotion. I was happy that she iniated it. And I'm so glad Luka has a family again, at last.

Damn! You are me!

I actually sort of liked Doug but couldn't stand Carol and hated them together.

Have love Luka with Abby since day 1 and am so glad they seem to finally be back together.

And I loved Neela and her husband. I ws so hoping he would return from Iraq in one piece.

LOVED the proposal too. These two are so right for each other and so good for each other. They have both been through so much.

I hope they will be happy together.

*sob*

I need to talk about this. Anyone out there who can help me?

Wonderful wedding....totally loved Luka that he would try to pull this off. He knew full well that Abby wasn't going to go for the traditional wedding -- and yet, I think HE wanted it. Thus, his surprise. I personally thought it incredibly sweet.

Man -- what is it about Neela that attracts people to her? I can vary with her (sometimes like her, sometimes not) but tonight I felt sorry for her. Too much attention from those around her. (I personally would go with Dubenko -- I think he's cool....)

But then...Ray. OMG. I'm sad. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like Ray, and I'm afraid that this is NOT going to be good.

What a night. Maybe more tomorrow.

Putting this in white print, so that those who don't want to know don't have to read it (in other words, SPOILERS):

From what I understand, Goran is pretty much leaving. I've read that he will be doing a few episodes next season, but he's been on the show for 9 years (AMAZING!), so he feels it's time. I'm sad about it too, I'm gonna miss him.

I wanna know more about Ray, though!

But....

Ok, since I don't know how to do spoilers on this board, don't read any further if you don't want to know...

He and Abby just got married! What about Abby and baby Joe? He wouldn't leave them! Besides, Goran is so hot!!!

As for Ray, he looked ok in the previews. A bit beat up and bitter, but not bad for someone who was hit by a bus!

As for Ray, he looked ok in the previews. A bit beat up and bitter, but not bad for someone who was hit by a bus!

Well now, we certainly found out differently tonight, didn't we? Whoa. That got me. Big time. I think that was the last thing on my mind, having Ray's legs be GONE.

And that bitch blaming Neela? Neela was already feeling like shit for what happened, and then whats-her-face saying "you caused this." That was sooooo uncalled for.

*sniff* Bye Luka. Miss you already. Write when you get work. Seriously, the heart is going to be missing for a while with him leaving.

I actually think I'm gonna like the Stanley Tucci character. Strange, different -- but it looks as if he cares about his patients. His staff? Different story, but I think he wants them to work smarter. His way of getting that though isn't right.

I actually felt bad for Tony this evening.

couchie, what was the last episode you saw? Did you see the wedding? I'm guessing the answer is "no."

Basically, Ray got drunk at Luka and Abby's wedding because Tony brought Neela to the wedding. Ray and Tony had a big fight, and Pratt sent him home. So, while Neela was talking to Tony to break up with him, Ray was at a bar drinking even more. As he was walking home, he got a phone call from Neela. He was just deciding whether to answer the phone when he dropped it in the street. Bent to pick it up -- and that's when the truck hit him (which we actually didn't see). So then, last night, we found out that Ray actually survived, but lost both of his legs in the accident.

As far as explaining their relationship, man that's hard. Basically, IMO, it was they pined for each other, but neither was gutsy enough to say anything -- and then that damn Tony guy got in the way too.

Hope that helps.

Luka has to come back for Abby and the kid - doesn't he? I mean, he just wouldn't go back to Croatia and not come back at all - unless they kill him off.

And if he's really gone, then I'm mad at the way they sent him off. Most of the other long time characters that go bye-bye get good send offs. If you came in 5 minutes late you would have missed his entire farewell!

Finally after all these years he and Abby get together and he leaves?

There has to be more to it than that. There has to be.

And yeah, pretty shocked over Ray's legs. I wonder how they make it look like he has no legs from the knee down? I wonder if he'll be back?

And so Neela is getting trampled in a riot. And out of all those people smarmy Tony finds her in the crowd?

I don't like Tony.

The Stanley Tucci character has promise though. He could be interesting.

Luka has to come back for Abby and the kid - doesn't he? I mean, he just wouldn't go back to Croatia and not come back at all - unless they kill him off.

And if he's really gone, then I'm mad at the way they sent him off. Most of the other long time characters that go bye-bye get good send offs. If you came in 5 minutes late you would have missed his entire farewell!

Finally after all these years he and Abby get together and he leaves?

There has to be more to it than that. There has to be.

From what I've read, Goran will be back from time to time in a few episodes, but I don't know how it will shake up any more than that. I'm guessing that it might depend on how long Maura Tierney has on HER contract, and if she wants to stay.

And yeah, pretty shocked over Ray's legs. I wonder how they make it look like he has no legs from the knee down? I wonder if he'll be back?

Again, from what I've read, Shane West has a pilot in development for the fall season, so it might depend on if his show becomes a hit or not. I would think that they wouldn't bring him back all that often, because I've heard that the special effects for "cutting the legs off a man" like that is pretty costly. I could be wrong on that though.

And so Neela is getting trampled in a riot. And out of all those people smarmy Tony finds her in the crowd?

I don't like Tony.

I don't either, although I felt for him with Sarah. My question was, how did he know Neela was going to be at the Anti-War protest?

The Stanley Tucci character has promise though. He could be interesting.

Agreed.

I watched tonight..the return of Jeannie Boulet. You know after all these years, this show can still make me cry. I know people say this show has a lot of CAN'T BE MISSED TV WITH BUS CRASHES, AND LOTS OF BLOOD but it still does a quiet moment and just heartfelt drama better than most.

I watched tonight..the return of Jeannie Boulet. You know after all these years, this show can still make me cry. I know people say this show has a lot of CAN'T BE MISSED TV WITH BUS CRASHES, AND LOTS OF BLOOD but it still does a quiet moment and just heartfelt drama better than most.

Wait. It was a NEW episode last night????? I thought it was a rerun and went to bed early!!! :cry4:

Yeah CG, last night was a new episode! I almost forgot -- fortunately, I do still get TV Guide is paper form, and it reminded me. For the record, next week is a new episode as well. That's probably it though until the writer's strike is settled.

As for the episode last night....surprisingly, I DIDN'T cry, and I usually do in every single episode of ER. Heh. Seriously, I really enjoyed seeing Gloria Ruben again last night; she was always so quietly powerful as Jeanie. The married veterans story was good too. OTOH, I've been liking Archie lately, but wasn't crazy for him last night at all. And the boy genius surgeon was back to being obnoxious again, after having some good moments in the previous episode.

For me, this show is STILL appointment TV, but I do think the time is passing for it. I can't imagine it going on past this season.

Oh, and I loved the mentions of some of the old characters that were there when Jeanie was.

Yeah CG, last night was a new episode! I almost forgot -- fortunately, I do still get TV Guide is paper form, and it reminded me. For the record, next week is a new episode as well. That's probably it though until the writer's strike is settled.

As for the episode last night....surprisingly, I DIDN'T cry, and I usually do in every single episode of ER. Heh. Seriously, I really enjoyed seeing Gloria Ruben again last night; she was always so quietly powerful as Jeanie. The married veterans story was good too. OTOH, I've been liking Archie lately, but wasn't crazy for him last night at all. And the boy genius surgeon was back to being obnoxious again, after having some good moments in the previous episode.

For me, this show is STILL appointment TV, but I do think the time is passing for it. I can't imagine it going on past this season.

Oh, and I loved the mentions of some of the old characters that were there when Jeanie was.

Shoot! Anyone want to give me a short synopsis??

I'll try my best....

1) The show starts off with Pratt pleading his case to become the head of the ER. Aspaugh pretty much tells him to forget it. But someone else at the same meeting (and I don't know his name) tries his best to convince him to keep trying.

2) A kid, Carlos, was brought into the ER from school after a fall, with a cut to his head. Turns out it is Jeanie Boulet's son. Pratt is his doctor, and asks for an MRI on Carlos to make sure he's OK, since it was an injury to his head. Jeanie FINALLY OK's the procedure....and then they find out that he's got something in his brain that probably suggests Carlos has AIDS. Jeanie's husband Al is brought in as well. Carlos starts to seizure, and he ends up in surgery and having a biopsy for the mass in his brain. After all this, Pratt decides he needs to stay around County for a while longer.

3) Sam was flirting with practically everyone, for some reason.

4) Neela's cousin arrived, fleeing her family because she didn't want to go through an arranged marriage. IMO, Neela's cousin is a spoiled brat, she acted it. Neela ended up bringing her to the ER, where Harold the boy wonder surgeon started to give her a tour of the hospital, making googly eyes all the way. That is, until Archie honed in on this, and took over the tour. (I didn't like this story line AT ALL).

5) A wife was brought in who had fallen on an escalator. Bad leg fracture, but also some tenderness in her tummy. Hubby arrives, and we find out that both were military, the wife just getting back from Iraq two weeks ago. The tummy tenderness? She's pregnant -- 8 weeks along. Hubby freaks out, but wife tells the story -- she was raped by one of her commanding officers. She didn't report it to anyone, totally kept it quiet, so that the rest of her unit would "have her back" while she was out there still. Hubby still doesn't like that she's pregnant, the staff at County try to convince her to not keep the baby. Finally, the John Stamos character convinces the husband that he should stand by his wife no matter what happened.

I think that's it.