#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

For those that love to discuss the songs Clay might sing on the JFT...I started a game in the fun!fun!Fun! section...Play CLay;s Musical Director...

very simply try to predict the set list...give us a list of 10 to 24 songs you think might be in there...we will see who can come closest to the actual list.

The winner gets bragging rights to having an insight into Clay's sound.

Hi everyone. Glad to be here.

SkateJoy and I are at a Photo conference this weekend. Skate is without internet so hopefully she will be online soon. We are writing to you from a local Panera restraunt. Free WiFi rules. She does say HI to everyone here, as do I. Hi!

KAndre's stilletto's of doom kinda scare me a bit. Maybe we can hit a DSW tonight and find some flip flops of doom to scare y'all into submission.

BTW... Love to photo policy. Hee.

Topic? Were not learning anything about taking better photos of Clay at this conference. To much nature photography cra, er, focus.

Just popped in here to say:

OMG Clay is sooo hot in that photo shoot! Can I be locked up for saying that? He is 6 months younger than my daughter, arrrghh.

Can't wait for the tour to begin and more clack!

I am member 87, I should have signed up more slowly ... ah well, no meet and greet so far either.... living in hope.

So what IS the significance of 88 and 393? Sounds like months and years. He was 10 in 88 and 15 in March 93.....thinking....

OK I admit it I had trouble coming up with low Clay significant numbers other than 7 and 13 1/2. And I couldn't go too high because well, I don't expect 612,000 members. So 393 is actually for the 393K of the clingle and 88 (and this number comes fromAnsa so blame her if it's wrong LOL) is his Charlotte audition number. In case none of that makes sense, just think of them as random numbers pulled from a hat!

I'lll nevah give up my stilletos of doom! Nevah, nevah, nevah! Just because I can't actually walk in the things...

Dahling, no capes! Boas are the thing...I could wrap one around Clay's neck and drag him to me.

Did I mention how good he looks? Daaaaang. And wait a minute, he will cover MORE THAN 100 songs? I'm gonna just DIE!

The TV guide scans are now posted in the FCA gallery...link is at the top of the page, below the banner.

Several things struck me:

...he really seem different. I wonder if the trip to Indonesia and Uganda made him more introspective.

He is sooo gorgeous...I like this new look and that pose...

The positioning is changing. I think their target demographic has changed. They are going for the 20 to 40 group I think. Even his attitude of being slightly jaded, searching for a place to belong, wanting to settle down but is conflicted by the pressure of his career is very typical in this age. Gone is the giggly guy in awe of his surroundings.

Sad that the CD is not coming this year...but with two concerts...and 100 songs in JBT...I cannot complain.

I think this happened because Clay is really taking his music seriously. This is not just him singing or interpreting other people's songsn, this is Clay expressing himself through song. I suspect there was a lot of conflict with CLive with this album and he finally was able to get his own way...a new EP that will allow him to take control of the music. So the project had to be pushed back until he was comfortable with the direction. I have no probelm with that. We get new clack...two concerts till the end of the year and several TV appearance I'm sure.

Love the talk show idea...but more like donahue more issue oriented I bet. I think that will be a fantastic ...I am just as fascinated with his mind as his voice...bring it on...

AWWW...I truly feel for CLay right now...just want to hug him and tell him ...its okay for him to find his own space ..

This article sure is meaty...answered a lot of our questions. I for one am happy with the direction he is taking. I am happy to go along for the ride.

SO more excited for the concert now...BEATLES...yesssss!!!!

my thoughts on the article...

I've thought for awhile that the CD wouldn't be released until next year. And I've thought that he and TPTB were in a real struggle to determine his future direction. After reading that article I feel even more so that this is the case.

The joy he has for singing can't be denied. But the business of making music? Don't think he cares about it at all. I think the music community is who he is talking about when he says L.A. ..not Joe Schmoe living on 110th and Western. So what happened to going into the studio in March, April, May? He may have gotten stuff to record that he just didn't want to do. Does he really have enough clout to say no? And who did he piss off along the way. Dang, I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

This new producer seems willing to let Clay have imput into what he will put out and is perhaps encouraging him to find his voice. That can only be a good thing in my book. Hopefully he will continue to have the full support of RCA.

As for selling his house? He should just DO IT. That's what frequent flyer miles are for. Or he should at least buy himself a home that he can escape to as often as possible. I don't worry about his going there permanently because he would just do it...he wouldn't be so conflicted. He understands where he needs to be to have a career. I don't think for a minute that this is all him, just a piece of him and for some reason he wanted to go there. As always, he intrigues me.

More hints on the tour though. The Beattles? I foresee lots of medleys.

To me, Clay came off in the TV Guide article as having a lot of substance. He made some pretty profound comments about relationships and family that make my heart ache just a little bit.

And on the shallow side, which is infinitely more fun, the pictures are entirely lickable. Rrrawh!! I was a little worried about the state of the eyebrows after the "Wicked" pics, but they seem to have recovered nicely.

To me, Clay came off in the TV Guide article as having a lot of substance.  He made some pretty profound comments about relationships and family that make my heart ache just a little bit.

And on the shallow side, which is infinitely more fun, the pictures are entirely lickable.  Rrrawh!!  I was a little worried about the state of the eyebrows after the "Wicked" pics, but they seem to have recovered nicely.

Oh I'm a lover of visible eyebrows too...ditto on the profound statements and Couchie I do hope he can feel secure enough to just get out of LA.

I think this second CD is really worrying him...he has heard enough from the media, the fans, that this could make or break him...I don't personally agree...but maybe that is worrying him and that is why he feels he cannot really come home. Hopefull if the second one is a success as well he will feel confident enough to just get out of LA

I really want him to find a significant other...sigh

My impression of the TV Guide article, once I got past that smokin' hawt picture is that Clay is an introspective young man. He's keeping his priorities in order and he's allowing his experiences working with UNICEF affect him deeply. I grew up in LA and what he says about LA in general is true. Of course there are wonderful people there but how is Clay to know who, is who? Those in the entertainment business tend toward the superficial. It must be very frustrating for him. If the interview took place before the last 2 weeks he may have still been coming to terms with his experience in Uganda.

I'm very happy that he got to go on vacation with friends in NC. I'm sure the success in the recording studio the past week has also helped bring him back to his music career and how much he really does love it. Also the fact that the album may not come out as soon as we would like may be a good thing for Clay. It means that RCA is not forcing him to produce something quickly just for the "almighty dollar." I absolutely do belive that Clay had to fight with Clive over the direction of this album. That would explain the talk of going into the studio, the delay and then the meeting that JFL had in May. Assuming that is true is mindboggling really. I knew that Clay was stubborn but does he really have the guts to stand his ground with an industry giant like Clive.

Clay sounds very happy & excited about working with JFL (in the radio interview) so I'm confident that Clay is finding the songs & the sounds that excite him & that is what excites me. I am looking forward to this album even more now.

And hearing 100 Songs on the JBT *dies* I know they will mostly be medleys & I love medleys so what more could I ask for. Oh yeah, a smoking HAWT photo as the lead in to the story. Woah! That is one beautiful man, and does he know how to look at a camera.

Less than 2 weeks to the tour & I'm still wondering why I chose to skip Tom's River. Ah well, 6 shows really should be enough.

OK, on the TV Guide article: word to Ansamcw, HeidiHo, couchtomato, bottlecap and diamondjake2001.

My, that was easy! Y'all say something else so I can continue to disengage my brain since y'all are thinking all my thoughts for me...

The joy he has for singing can't be denied.  But the business of making music?  Don't think he cares about it at all.  I think the music community is who he is talking about when he says L.A. ..not Joe Schmoe living on 110th and Western.  So what happened to going into the studio in March, April, May?  He may have gotten stuff to record that he just didn't want to do.  Does he really have enough clout to say no?  And who did he piss off along the way.  Dang, I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

I've always thought this about Clay. IMO, the business part of the music machine is tough, really tough. Now, I don't know this for a fact, but there are so many musicians who barely come through the process alive -- and many that don't at all. This is the core of whom he is talking about, if you ask me.

The theory about the "missing months" is intriguing.

He sounds thoughtful and grownup in this interview. He seems to be doing well at working through his responses to his life at the moment. Sure, I'd like to give him a hug at the moment (and I promise I'd let go *g*), but everyone has down times. By making his public like this -- well, I see this like I saw LTS. He publically stated that if one person got the idea through LTS that "if Clay Aiken could come out of this with his head on straight, I can too." This article reminds me a lot about those comments.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Clay}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Guest huskerfalcon

I'm feeling the same way you guys are feeling. I didn't get the same depressed feeling that some others have expressed.

I particularly like ansa's take on how they are positioning him with a different demographic.... a bit older.

Makes me wonder if RCA was pushing all this juvenile crap at him.... but who knows. It's pretty clear there's been some problems with what they want and what he wants... or is willing to do.

I'm a little sad that the CD won't be out till next year, but I never could understand how he was going to fit everything in that he was planning on doing this fall.

So clack shows up in the least expected places. I had to help move my mom's sleigh bed to the middle of the room because we're (as in my bro in law) is painting her room. And what to my amazement should appear? The AI2 tour book! I have been looking for scans of that forever. Now I can just do it myself. Boy, I bought that tour book back when I was sane. Now all my clack has a special place/box/cover/ uh you know what I'm saying.

So clack shows up in the least expected places.  I  had to help move my mom's sleigh bed to the middle of the room because we're (as in my bro in law) is painting her room.  And what to my amazement should appear? The AI2 tour book!  I have been looking for scans of that forever.  Now I can just do it myself.  Boy, I bought that tour book back when I was sane.  Now all my clack has a special place/box/cover/ uh you know what I'm saying.

Well, that's one place I didn't look couchie! I've been organzing my clack lately (funny, I can't seem to organize all the other shi...stuff I have around here though *g*). I bought 3 IT tour programs: gave one to my sister, one to a friend and then LOST mine! I searched thru all my clack and found some things I'd forgotten I actually had but never found my IT program so bought one off eBay. Now, it's safely tucked away with my other programs in a nice new clack organizer. Hmmm.... maybe if I get to that humungous pile of laundry, I'll find it under there. *g*

So now that I've been worded by KAndre, can I apply for some sort of entry level sub-minion position? Will I get my very own boa to wear? Maybe an orange one - Clay would be sure to notice me in the audience wearing his favorite color...

Gee, that was fast - there's a box on my front door step. Slightly singed, but it probably went through the same delivery process that tore a big hole in my fan club package... Let me just open it up, and slip my new boa around my neck.

AACCKK - it's a boa alright - a boa constrictor!!!! And this package isn't from [pant, pant] Texas, it's from.... TSATHY!!!! [Gasp, gasp, gasp] He must have gotten wind of my [huff, huff] intention to TOUCH.BRIDE. if given the opportunity...

Curses to you TSATHY!!! As my last breathe is squeezed out of me, I shout: TSATHY.NOT.BIG.BONED. TSATHY.JUST.PLAIN.FAT. [pant, gasp, gurgle, thunk]

So now that I've been worded by KAndre, can I apply for some sort of entry level sub-minion position?  Will I get my very own boa to wear?  Maybe an orange one - Clay would be sure to notice me in the audience wearing his favorite color...

Gee, that was fast - there's a box on my front door step.  Slightly singed, but it probably went through the same delivery process that tore a big hole in my fan club package...  Let me just open it up, and slip my new boa around my neck.

AACCKK - it's a boa alright - a boa constrictor!!!!  And this package isn't from [pant, pant] Texas, it's from.... TSATHY!!!! [Gasp, gasp, gasp]  He must have gotten wind of my [huff, huff] intention to TOUCH.BRIDE. if given the opportunity...

Curses to you TSATHY!!!  As my last breathe is squeezed out of me, I shout:  TSATHY.NOT.BIG.BONED.  TSATHY.JUST.PLAIN.FAT.  [pant, gasp, gurgle, thunk]

Bwah...I was wondering if Tsathy will find us in our new home...I guess we now know the answer to that.

For those that are not familiar with Tsathy here is the thread in the Clackhouse that explains all...tsathy tales...

KAndre posthumously bestows the rank of entry-level sub-minion on the late bottlecap...

Brave, she was so very brave...but the sulfur cologne clinging to it should have tipped her off.

I am tentatively dragging myself up off the floor, and managing a feeble wave.

I was prepared to blame that post on the heat stroke I suffered when mowing the lawn in 200% humidity this afternoon.

Nods to the Photo Clack Goddess / Tsathy PR representative extraordinaire Skatejoy. Does that make you Tsathy's Roger? Are you working on the new narrative? Just what can we expect from Tsathy, and when are we going to get the new product? ;)